*Author

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038462#msg1038462
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 04:21:51 pm »
As for the hybrid mark controversy, they are deserving of being included in the news letter for reasons previously stated. Yes, they will never be used in game. But that was never the intention, as is my understanding. They're just fun little images. I used the Darkness/Aether hybrid mark as my avatar at one point because they were my two favorite elements, and represented my favorite deck, Pestal. Others use them for hypothetical dual elements card ideas, which, while not practical, are fun! The fact is, a lot of us put a lot of work into making those over the years, and that's worthy of mentioning.

Spoiler for Unrustle your jimmies:

If Vrt's complaint is lack of appreciation for his own work...Well, considering that everyone here <3's him, his work gets in the game, he was featured in the last newsletter...Sir, I'm not certain what it is you want :|

As for Oni's .gif complaint, I kinda agree. While I have no issue with gifs myself, some users do; and honestly, it...Takes away from the newspapery-ness imo. Simple solution: Feature a member whose avatar is a gif? Make a jpeg out of it. Taadaaa. ^_^
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038465#msg1038465
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 04:26:21 pm »
I love all the newsletters, and I do agree that anything which takes up --too-- much space can be spoilered.

Also, maybe you can allow the Newsletters to be a little more interactive, perhaps leaving a little question at the end and featuring the most creative answer in the next newsletter. More often than not the responses to the Newsletters are "Good job, I liked it" and to be honest, not much more than that can be put.

Just an idea..
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038498#msg1038498
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 06:13:01 pm »
^
Oh, I love that idea. You could post a question and the most funny answer gets featured. But you could also post a certain card and feature the most innovative, yet playable, deck containing the card and its creator in the next edition. Those are just 2 out of a hundred ideas. Something that's somehow interactive is definetly a great idea.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038539#msg1038539
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:13 pm »
As for the Card Idea section, the table isn't completely necessary, as they should be linked to the card's original thread to see the, what I feel is more important, NOTES.  And I could probably just spoiler segments of my submissions.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1040539#msg1040539
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 09:22:10 pm »
i generally agree with vrt's feeling on this one.  while a collective effort was put in for the hybrid marks, and i dont dispute that it was worthy of inclusion, it was given a disproportionate amount of space relative to its actual impact.  hybrid marks are really a just-for-fun thing for emerald tiger and a few others who enjoy playing with them, but have minimal impact beyond that.  a link to the thread probably would have been sufficient, or at least putting it in a spoiler tag.

personally i enjoy art even more when i know the artists, and there are a number of very talented artists here, several of whom have had their art put into game, and others such as kami, thalas and a few others, who to my knowledge have not (yet) seen their art put in game.  when art makes it into the game, it may be worthwhile to have more attention given to it, ask the artist questions about it, and/or ask them for any supplementary pieces which may broaden the understanding of the piece.

on a side note- the same potential for a mini-interview could be extended to those who designed cards which made it into the game.  i understand that this could sound self serving, but considering my card designing is just about over, unless zanz goes back through my portfolio and finds something he missed, it isn't likely be relevant to myself.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 09:24:10 pm by moomoose »
moose dont say moo.

Offline Marsu

• Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1051802#msg1051802
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 08:45:24 pm »
Random ideas: Let a member of this community have something like a "monthly rant". Could be humorous, wouldn't have to be. Topic could be anything related to this community or Elements in general.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1051885#msg1051885
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 01:51:07 am »
Random ideas: Let a member of this community have something like a "monthly rant". Could be humorous, wouldn't have to be. Topic could be anything related to this community or Elements in general.
Interesting. Would have to be appropriate of course.

Opsinis

Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1051890#msg1051890
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 01:55:47 am »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Interesting. Would have to be appropriate of course.
While I haven't talked this over with wiidgc, and I do appreciate feedback, I don't think that is a path to go down.
If it were to be implemented, I feel it would most definitely need to be funny so to avoid offending/upsetting/angering people as well as sparking completely avoidable arguements in the NewsLetter thread.
Then there's a matter of choosing who should rant, about what, is it appropriate, is it relevant, is it valid. And in all honesty, I don't think it would bring the community any closer together.
~Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline Marsu

• Green.
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1051937#msg1051937
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 02:49:56 am »
@Opsinis: I disagree, but I can understand you not really wanting to take risks. You could also do the exact opposite, a "monthly eulogy" (that probably sounds idiotic) where someone (always the same one? or maybe let anyone send it in, and decide which one to include?) says what great thing he experienced in this community and, if that's not too cheesy, what everyone can learn from it. Could be anything, perhaps an especially fair opponent in PvP, a TO really making an effort to improve tournament rules (Hello Vineroz), a user hosting a fun PvP challenge (*cough*), or whatver.

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1051947#msg1051947
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 03:13:27 am »
@Opsinis: I disagree, but I can understand you not really wanting to take risks. You could also do the exact opposite, a "monthly eulogy" (that probably sounds idiotic) where someone (always the same one? or maybe let anyone send it in, and decide which one to include?) says what great thing he experienced in this community and, if that's not too cheesy, what everyone can learn from it. Could be anything, perhaps an especially fair opponent in PvP, a TO really making an effort to improve tournament rules (Hello Vineroz), a user hosting a fun PvP challenge (*cough*), or whatver.

That's cool, but I don't understand why you feel the need to specifically exclude me  :(

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1052083#msg1052083
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 08:30:23 pm »

That's cool, but I don't understand why you feel the need to specifically exclude me  :(
*huggles Cheesy*

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1066378#msg1066378
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 02:39:10 pm »
An individual board for newsletter, probably under Forum News and Announcements. I honestly don't like how newsletter-related threads are occupying General Discussion board now.
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

anything
blarg: