*Author

Opsinis

NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038368#msg1038368
« on: February 04, 2013, 06:10:20 am »
Hey, 1 of 2 Newsletter writers here,

As well-received as the NewsLetter seems, there is always room for improvement and adjustment.
Since this is the Elements Community Newsletter, I feel the community should have what it wants in it. (That makes sense, no?)

So tell us, how can we improve/adjust your specific sections (TO's about Tourneys, Warmasters about War, or anybody for anywhere [but especially the people close to their projects] etc....)
(Anybody) - What else can we include? What should we take out? Are you starting a new project, or you feel that you've created/achieved/blew up/thought up/painted something incredible? Tell us about it!

Both whatifidogetcaught? and I share the feeling that there hasn't been much communication of what YOU want that you don't see.
This thread is to 1) Prompt you to PM either of us with your ideas  2) Provide a space for you to post them. (We will respond in the same fashion you communicate to us)

Of course, this comes with simple guidelines:
    • We need the ideas at least 4 days in advance to discuss and format, should they be implemented
    • We will say no should the idea be outside where we see the Newsletter going
    • This thread is NOT for praise or congratulations

~Thanks
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:33:08 pm by Opsinis »

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038369#msg1038369
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:24:19 am »
Dedicate more room to things that've been shot down multiple times by zanzarino.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline Onizuka

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Onizuka hides under a Cloak.
  • Donuts!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake1st Person to Escape the TempleSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup - HoH5th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038372#msg1038372
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:47:45 am »
Spoilering the entire card idea section.

No need to say to suggest a PVP Event idea.

Agree with vrt about mark stuff.

Keep the card faction thing out of the group of ideas that come from not the CIA. Give this general area its own title, like the deck idea/card idea parts do.

Community vote for deck to review. Done last week of each month for the deck to be reviewed for the month after next (Ex: At end of feb, deck thread goes up and most voted for option will be the deck idea for april).

No gifs in newsletter.

You're just as selfish as I am. You're just not as good at it yet.

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038374#msg1038374
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:55:54 am »
I know it's not exactly related to the newsletter, but I'd like to see a vote on who to interview for Featured Community Member...

Opsinis

Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038377#msg1038377
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 07:03:25 am »
Dedicate more room to things that've been shot down multiple times by zanzarino.
I definitely don't appreciate sarcasm.
The Hybrid mark's debut in the NewsLetter celebrated the completion of all the marks. It's neat artistically and thematically.

Spoiler for Onizuka's Post and my response:
Spoilering the entire card idea section. Good thoughts, balance is important, but I can't spoiler all big things.

No need to say to suggest a PVP Event idea.

Agree with vrt about mark stuff.

Keep the card faction thing out of the group of ideas that come from not the CIA. Give this general area its own title, like the deck idea/card idea parts do. I'm honestly not sure how much that'll be annouced/part of other News Letters, we'll see.

Community vote for deck to review. Done last week of each month for the deck to be reviewed for the month after next (Ex: At end of feb, deck thread goes up and most voted for option will be the deck idea for april). Neat idea, we'll see what we can do with this.

No gifs in newsletter. We weren't going to not include n00b's pic. But I know gifs give some people trouble.

I know it's not exactly related to the newsletter, but I'd like to see a vote on who to interview for Featured Community Member...
We did it this month only because the Council didn't. They choose who interviews and who is interviewed. But thanks

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038379#msg1038379
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 07:07:27 am »
The Hybrid mark's debut in the NewsLetter celebrated the completion of all the marks. It's neat artistically and thematically.

So projects that are 'neat' but really won't do much for the game get half the newsletter, art that gets in-game gets a single mention in an earlier newspost. You see how this makes no sense right?

And if you can't handle sarcasm, probably best to just address the issue while it's being discussed before, right? :)
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Opsinis

Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038382#msg1038382
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:57 am »
Spoiler for All the Quoting:

So projects that are 'neat' but really won't do much for the game get half the newsletter, art that gets in-game gets a single mention in an earlier newspost. You see how this makes no sense right?

And if you can't handle sarcasm, probably best to just address the issue while it's being discussed before, right? :)

So, from what I am getting as I decipher your feedback is, you would prefer the marks to be in a spoiler?
Your art was mentioned in the last NewsLetter. I apologize if one NewsLetter is not enough. Do you want half a NewsLetter as well?
1.32 was out quickly after the NewsLetter was published, giving ample time for people to acquaint themselves with the new changes and art.
Will Hybrid marks make it into the game? Unlikely. Was it a community project? Is this the Community NewsLetter?
Also, the marks are finished, so it is likely to not be in another NewsLetter.
And on sarcasm: it simply has no place in a thread designed for constructive criticism.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038394#msg1038394
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:01:04 am »
Very well handled right there. Okay, since you really want suggestions and I am having a 5:00AM Brain Burst:
1) Do some News Letter-Exclusive Interviews.
2) Post Highlights? Highlight a quote of a really good post seen this month.
3) Have some stuff from the Off Topic section. Maybe there was a really good story posted, or perhaps someone did a really good joke in chat.
4) Have an opportunity for other members to help work on the News Letter. For example, you could have an Editor and a "Letter From The Editor"
5) Awesome/Close/Best/ etc. PvP Duels.
6) "Picture says 1,000 words" Pick a hilarious picture to put in the newsletter for humor :)

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038401#msg1038401
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 11:38:50 am »
I'm a bit surprised by how the comments look so far. If you think something is lacking, feel free to post it. But the hybrid marks are a piece of art in itself, a great inspiration for new decks, and an effort of a big group of the community. This is more than enough to justify adding them to the newslatter. I also agree that this is a topic where constructive criticism is needed and sarcasm has no place.
Maybe vrt would be content with a mentioning of this idea in the next newslatter. There is also a poll, as I heard wiidgc likes numbers. :)
One other thing: Keep the reminder of being able to submit an own PvP Event. That's a great chance to participate in this community, and people should be reminded that they have it.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038420#msg1038420
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »
How about letting the community members tell you by PM some important things they think there should be added?
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline whatifidogetcaught?

• Reputation Power: 28
  • whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.whatifidogetcaught? is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Fattest skinny guy you know.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038423#msg1038423
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 01:50:41 pm »
Very well handled right there. Okay, since you really want suggestions and I am having a 5:00AM Brain Burst:
1) Do some News Letter-Exclusive Interviews. Not really sure how well that will work out, but we will consider it.
2) Post Highlights? Highlight a quote of a really good post seen this month.  I was thinking something like, name who has that signature! Or something.
3) Have some stuff from the Off Topic section. Maybe there was a really good story posted, or perhaps someone did a really good joke in chat. That and Forum Games =p
4) Have an opportunity for other members to help work on the News Letter. For example, you could have an Editor and a "Letter From The Editor" That would make it seem more like a newsletter now wouldn't it?
5) Awesome/Close/Best/ etc. PvP Duels. I think we have a thread for that, but I would have to find it, and people would have to use it.
6) "Picture says 1,000 words" Pick a hilarious picture to put in the newsletter for humor :) Considering.

How about letting the community members tell you by PM some important things they think there should be added? oops too late.

A tout le monde, a tout mes amis, je vous aime, je dois partir.

Proud servant of Team :time in War 6.

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: NewsLetter Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=46533.msg1038455#msg1038455
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 03:58:17 pm »
Not late at all, assuming there will be another newsletter in some weeks.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

anything
blarg: whatifidogetcaught?