*Author

Offline ARTHANASIOSTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
MvsM & TMvsFG (Suggestions & Feedback) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54642.msg1138775#msg1138775
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:25:27 pm »
This topic is to give suggestions & feedback about the 2 weekly PvP events I am currently running; MAN vs MACHINE and True Mortal vs False God.

Are you happy with the rules? Are you unhappy because of them? Do MEN have enough Nymphs allowed? Do MACHINES have enough Shards? Do True Mortals have enough upgrades? Should False Gods be allowed to use unupped cards? Should I ban Shards & Nymphs from every team? Should I include special rules like the weekly tournies in order to make them more special?

Anything you have to suggest, you are welcome to post it in here. Thanks for the feedback in advance! :D
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: MvsM & TMvsFG (Suggestions & Feedback) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54642.msg1138779#msg1138779
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:45:07 pm »
not exactly feedback on the events but how much longer do you feel you can keep up with different ideas.

but now more serious feedback maybe change the rules slightly with each iteration of an event otherwise the same team will most likely keep on winning each round. Switching deckbuilding rules around will keep the event fresher for longer methinks. Other than that seems legit.
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: MvsM & TMvsFG (Suggestions & Feedback) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54642.msg1139400#msg1139400
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 09:09:01 pm »
No one posting? Okay...

I would personally like it if people were forced to show what thier decks were on the fourms as they made it, more so with MvsM.
It could create a bit of a mindgame. And make the teams feel like teams.

Comapre:
"Yeah, I'm a man! I'll just PM this deck..."

To:
"Okay, I'm an FG. I need to make a deck that counters this deck, this deck... You know, Frozen's doing some terrible little dune scorpion... thing... Oh, that SoR rush looks... ugly... I'll try to accomidate that little special chaos power inside of it..."
(... That was the worst improvisation I think I have ever done... SoR + Chaos power? Really?)

See my point... It just feels more... not better, not elegant... richer.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 09:11:26 pm by Frozengaia »

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: MvsM & TMvsFG (Suggestions & Feedback) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54642.msg1139416#msg1139416
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 12:05:39 am »
For TM v. FGs

I think it'd be better if matchups weren't revealed until the TMs posted their decks. It was alright last time, with the major bonus for FGs, but now one could just build a hard counter quite easily. 6 shards and half-upped? That's enough to build a decent FG grinder with 40% + Winrate, and the FGs in the event have a handicap which I think should push the WR to 50% (aka even). It'd also be fun to see every mortal's strategy.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: MvsM & TMvsFG (Suggestions & Feedback) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54642.msg1139488#msg1139488
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 11:17:32 am »
For TM v. FGs

I think it'd be better if matchups weren't revealed until the TMs posted their decks. It was alright last time, with the major bonus for FGs, but now one could just build a hard counter quite easily. 6 shards and half-upped? That's enough to build a decent FG grinder with 40% + Winrate, and the FGs in the event have a handicap which I think should push the WR to 50% (aka even). It'd also be fun to see every mortal's strategy.

Interesting suggestions; However, I am not planning of turning TM vs FG into another identical MAN vs MACHINE event and I think the "counter that FG" sceme is good enough. I will probably nerf TM's bonuses during the 3rd week of the event as another attempt to balance the event.
However, I am not negative at having your suggestion implied as a special rule at some week in the future. ;)
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster

Offline propheon

• Reputation Power: 5
  • propheon is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Chronos is on my side !
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: MvsM & TMvsFG (Suggestions & Feedback) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54642.msg1139896#msg1139896
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:27 pm »
For man vs machine.

i think it would be fun if you could find a captain for man and a captain for machine (veterans to elements ) thats could try to grow his team and help new people. And if he leave he have to find another captain!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:17:24 pm by propheon »
This Time!

• Legendary Member
  • Cockatrices ftw!
Re: MvsM & TMvsFG (Suggestions & Feedback) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54642.msg1144099#msg1144099
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 09:14:03 am »
For man vs machine.

i think it would be fun if you could find a captain for man and a captain for machine (veterans to elements ) thats could try to grow his team and help new people. And if he leave he have to find another captain!

Man vs Machine is going to come back with True Mortal vs False God week. Moreover, the TM vs FG Loyalty & Ranking system is going to introduced to MvsM too (thus including Captains)! In order to celebrate the comeback, every player who has or is going to participate at next week's TM vs FG and M vs M events is going to receive 10 bonus Loyalty points for BOTH teams!

Furthermore, stay tuned, because a False God vs Machine vs Man vs True Mortal crossover is coming soon, very soon... 8)

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: MvsM & TMvsFG (Suggestions & Feedback) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=54642.msg1145233#msg1145233
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 05:50:43 am »
Can't wait for MvsM to start up again... my mechanical minions are growing hungry :)
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

blarg: