*Author

I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436168#msg436168
« on: December 08, 2011, 03:36:26 am »
Like most people I figure, people like to come up with decks for giggles and so I came up with many what I call gimmick decks, decks that don't necessarily win, but sometimes do, but use a neat trick, or a combo that's not normally practical but get's a comment or two.

Today's been a largely bad elements day for me, I'm tired of AI4 grinding, I've tried to go grind against the arena, and can't get any wins in platinum or gold, and no more than one or two wins in bronze or silver.  No matter what deck I switch up with.  It's just not my day.  In fact, I seem to have fallen behind on the Shards gathering, and over the past week, it seems to be I need more shards to compete to get shards, the few times I get to the special spin, it's a loss or just all weapons.

So I said, hey, why not take one of your for fun decks and just start doing PVP1 with it, if your going to lose, you might as well chat with someone while you do it. 
To my surprised, 10 wins in a row, WTF?, so here is my lucky deck of the day, if you are having one of those days where nothing that normally works isn't working, take this out for a spin in PVP1, and see if you also have a little luck:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52k 52k 52k 52v 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61o 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 622 622 622 622 622 622 8pk

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436171#msg436171
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 03:39:44 am »
Huh. Lucky you! You're probably going to have too much :death from all those fractaled sparks, so I think you can even squeeze in more vultures or  even dragons.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436173#msg436173
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 03:43:35 am »
A large factor is that most of the players in pvp1/2 are newbies with little more than starter decks.  It's pretty easy to get a near-100% win rate there, which is why I don't play pvp1/2. (that and the often lengthy waiting to actually get into a game with so few people playing pvp1/2)

Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436177#msg436177
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 03:57:12 am »
To: furballdn, or fractal the vulture, then another round of sparks.

To: dragonsdemesne, Yeah, that's what surprised me, it's been a long time since I did PVP, but missed chatting with people during the game and the computer doesn't exactly send a "gl hf".  In the past the decks where a lot more put together then the ones I played against today. 
So yeah, as I said the deck is not really meant to win and that's kind of the point: Every 'winning' deck I have was not 'winning' today, even my favorite grind deck that has a >90% win against AI4, can beat about half the FG, only about 25% win on platinum, but when it wins it's an EM, 400 plus electrum and have gotten 3 EM in a row their too (did you know you get a x10 bonus for 3 EM in a row on platinum, over 4000 electrum on the third win.)  But not today, today my only wins came from the only place I don't normally play and with a deck not really meant to win...  so...  hence the post, it's the 'I'm having really bad luck today, let's trick the fates' deck.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436179#msg436179
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 04:04:19 am »
If you got 4k in one game, that was for facing a top 10 platinum deck, not that you got 3 in a row.

Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436181#msg436181
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 04:09:48 am »
Oh, that's interesting, I didn't know that. 
Thanks for the correction, thought it was because I got three EM in a row...  I've done it only twice... and the other three wins in row I've gotten, at least one was not an EM, and I didn't get the 4k, so I thought it had to do with 3 EM's in a row...

Now, that makes me just want to try grinding platinum again, but not today, not today... ;)

Offline mwaetht

• Reputation Power: 5
  • mwaetht is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436220#msg436220
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 07:26:18 am »
One soul catcher? ONE!?

Perhaps replace some pillars with pends. Also, the vultures don't grow until stuff dies, so they probably do nothing until the second fractal, by which time you'll be dead. -Vultures +Mummy or Dragon

Phase Shields?

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436222#msg436222
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 07:30:48 am »
And what's happen if you don't draw your soul catcher ?
Also you may need some def like lightning or phase shield  and less fractal maybe. I don't wanna be mean but I don't see either how this deck win.
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

klown420

Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436296#msg436296
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 02:44:39 pm »
ya deck looks pritty sketchy to me but if i have one of thoses days maybe ill give it a go

Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436378#msg436378
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 06:47:36 pm »
mwaetht, ralouf1
The point is it's, a sketchy deck, it's got a single gimmick and no way to defend itself, it's not meant to win, klown420 gets it though.

But to answer the question more directly, The soul catcher isn't needed, it's really just up there as a 30th card, except in one condition, to beat out an early bone wall or hope for a break in dimensional shields, the sparks would feed the wall only, and are not by themselves a kill against a break in dimensional shield chain.  You need a lot of something more perm to wipe the wall, or do a kill in a chain break.  So it's to feed a set of fractaled vultures just in case.  I remember when playing around with this deck when I first built it, I was using boneyards or bonewalls to further take advantage of the death effect, but at the amount of electrum those cost and only getting one death point a turn they can force you to be holding onto a card during the early turns, which means one less spark per fractal in your hand.  Which is in most cases the difference between a win and a loss, in the end the only thing that was fast enough and gave a chance at beating some of it's weaknesses was that one soul catcher.

The win draw is:
Basically, on turn 3 you want a vulture and a set of fractal sparks, which would result in 21 damage, and a 7/9 vulture, turn 4 is 28 damage total, turn 5 is another fractal spark of 56 total damage and a 14/15 creature, turn 6 is 70 total damage and turn 7 is another round of fractal sparks for for 106 total damage. 

Again a bone wall, a few early quakes, faster deck, or chained dimensional shields or just about any upgraded deck would knock it down.

Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436382#msg436382
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 07:04:16 pm »
I like the deck a lot. The problem is the reverse, I keep losing with it. I think the game is trying to tell me to find all my old CCYB pieces and hit that False God button again.

Or, maybe I'm not paying enough attention to this deck. Maybe, I need to spend more time perfecting my strategy... (fail number 1 - not playing a spark when you have 2 sparks and 2 fractals in hand, to save one for later :/), or upgrading every single card in this deck!!! (Will only take me about, 300 days!)

Re: I really don't understand why this deck is winning... thought I would share: https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34563.msg436433#msg436433
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 09:43:08 pm »
Thx, glad someone likes it,
and yeah, hit the CCYB and go grind :) 

On the Side:
The upgrade would give win at turn 6 instead of turn 7 if you are perfect with it.

And yes, you must empty your hand before fractal of everything you can, then fractal, then dump all but one spark.
If you end up with two sparks and a vulture is out, play the extra spark, keep it at one spark in hand, except right before fractal, at all times until all fractals are used.

anything
blarg: KeeperofDreams