*Author

Offline MyNameIsJoeyTopic starter

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277655#msg1277655
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:19 pm »
So here I was thinking about why people play mobile games so much. Stupid energy system doesn't let you play as much as you want. But all these games have one thing in common : An incentive to play the game daily. All we have so far, is a daily card and an FG that we can possibly beat for a chance at little rewards.

What if it were more?

The idea is the reward activity. From any and all members. You would get Lottery tickets everytime you do an achievement, and at the end of the month ( possibly even in the newsletter ) the winner would be announced. The winnings would be a nymph/mark code. How would you get tickets?

- Play a League game ( 1 ticket , up to 5 daily)
- Play in a tournament ( 20 tickets, weekly)
- Participate in a competition (20 tickets, once per competition)

Those are only ideas and need to be balanced still. We could even add other section of the forums like Forum Games for example. But I think it would give an incentive for people to play daily, could possibly gather players from kong, and even give a new spark to players who have simply lost interest.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Insults? Throw em all my way right here!

---------------

Month of August 2018

Player namePoints accumulatedLog
worldwideweb334
ji412jo26
Naii_the_Baf58
shockcannon77
InsignificantWeeabo25
Mr_Muffin4
ARTHANASIOS77
mathman1011
CactusKing28
CCCombobreaker2
deuce2240
TheonlyrealBeef40
Wyand80
Submachine40
DANIEELA24
rob77dp30
asdw1521
MasterWalks4
kalinuial23
Odii Odsen4
Taarn1
Vindilos42
Jen-i20
kaempfer1380
Ryli20
serprex20
phoenix121120
pliterallyh20
mwaetht20
JonathanCrazyJ20
SpikeSpiegel20
CleanOnion20
Manuel20
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
[league currently updated up to the 14th]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 10:52:58 pm by ji412jo »
follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277660#msg1277660
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 08:22:09 am »
Insults? You asked for it...YOU SUCK!

Okay, now onto the the idea. We (PvPEO's) already implemented something similar for the pvp events based on the participation of each player throughout the event.

League: Meh, I personally never really liked leagues. It makes casual pvp into competitive pvp.
Tournaments: I don't think tournaments should reward any tickets, since there's already the reward for winning, which isn't all that hard to get these days.
Competition: I don't know, I guess? Should be weighted according to number of entries.

• Chat Moderator
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277667#msg1277667
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 02:49:11 pm »
The idea here is to reward activity more than to reward the winners, so that new people don't hesitate to try to join.
For leagues, you can always use restrictions, hell they even give you some ideas.
Tournaments yes there is already a reward for winning, but doesn't mean just because you won the tournament you'll also win the lottery.
And why shouldn't competitions get some love? The less entries, the easier the rewards, the easier the rewards, the more entries there will be.

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277668#msg1277668
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 03:46:41 pm »
Pros:
Raffles are fun
Encourages participation
More rewards for community
Gamification of activity

Cons:
Small administrative requirement
Small compulsion on players to play (or they miss out)

Overall, I think it's a reasonable and positive plan.  Given that we are (or at least should be?) looking for ways to encourage participation, I think this (or something like it) should be explored and or tested.  After 3 months it should be pretty clear if the community overall likes it and if it shows any increase in attendance for tournaments.  Events and Leagues may be harder to quantify.

It may also be reasonable to include friendly matches along with league matches.  To get the tickets we would just need a thread for friendly matches that people feel comfortable posting results in.  I suspect that even increasing friendly (unofficial) PvP matches would still be good for the community.
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277669#msg1277669
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 04:27:06 pm »
I like this idea, a lot.

I would add a few caveats (or specific limits / restrictions):

1. If tournaments get added then it should be clearly indicated one must play out/finish the tournament (not necessarily win, but not forfeit or leave early prior to completion/elimination).

2. If PVP events get added then it should be clearly indicated one must finish the event (not necessarily win, but not quit or stop mid-event).

3. Competitions- a nice post-comp benefit and opportunity for those that submit and spend time on comps but do not win (I think comps are almost all winner-rewarded others-miss-out?).
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277671#msg1277671
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 05:13:59 pm »
I like the idea in principle. I'm not sure if tracking the activity of every user as they do things that meet the requirements is feasible-- at the very least, it feels like the list would grow very large fairly quickly, so we'd need to flesh out how we plan to manage the data. I know PvP WC uses some sort of system that has a similar role?
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277672#msg1277672
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 05:15:00 pm »
If the idea goes through I'm volunteering to track the activity.

Offline Vindilos

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Vindilos is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.31.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.24.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2018 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 03.06.18Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2018 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277673#msg1277673
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 05:36:46 pm »
So here I was thinking about why people play mobile games so much. Stupid energy system doesn't let you play as much as you want. But all these games have one thing in common : An incentive to play the game daily. All we have so far, is a daily card and an FG that we can possibly beat for a chance at little rewards.

What if it were more?

The idea is the reward activity. From any and all members. You would get Lottery tickets everytime you do an achievement, and at the end of the month ( possibly even in the newsletter ) the winner would be announced. The winnings would be a nymph/mark code. How would you get tickets?

Those are only ideas and need to be balanced still. We could even add other section of the forums like Forum Games for example. But I think it would give an incentive for people to play daily, could possibly gather players from kong, and even give a new spark to players who have simply lost interest.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Comments? Insults? Throw em all my way right here!

Daily login bonusses do work. They work best when its coded into the game and you get your reward shortly after logging in. The new additions won't do anything for the kongregate only community.
I like the idea of rewarding playing/participating more however.

Some issues:

In league people only qualify if you play a certain amount of matches. Most people don't play 20 matches regardless. Would a new system work better if there already is a reward for playing?
There is already a discussion regarding league, with their own ideas on improving participation. I think there are multiple ways to improve participation in league.
If league will get its own participation bonus, there is no reason to reward it twice. Rewarding participation within the league rules might be better.

Another point is that the participation bonus for league might not be a reward at all. If you have reached a very high ELO and the first place in league, participating in extra matches might make you lose your first place.
Participating might create mixed feelings.

League question: Is it 1 point per game or 1 point per set? League is always best of 3.

Participating in weekly tournaments is already very rewarding. See Ians post.

Question: Will people playing a supporting role, like tournament organisers, also get the participation bonus?

Competitions should certainly be more rewarding in some way.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny combines well with onions, carrots and garlic.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation of a good meal!

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277845#msg1277845
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 02:29:18 pm »
So here I was thinking about why people play mobile games so much. Stupid energy system doesn't let you play as much as you want. But all these games have one thing in common : An incentive to play the game daily.

Other than that I think people play mobile games so much because they are mobile.

• Chat Moderator
  • I walk alone
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277846#msg1277846
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 04:33:48 pm »

What if it were more?

Daily login bonusses do work. They work best when its coded into the game and you get your reward shortly after logging in. The new additions won't do anything for the kongregate only community.
I like the idea of rewarding playing/participating more however.

Some issues:

In league people only qualify if you play a certain amount of matches. Most people don't play 20 matches regardless. Would a new system work better if there already is a reward for playing?
There is already a discussion regarding league, with their own ideas on improving participation. I think there are multiple ways to improve participation in league.
If league will get its own participation bonus, there is no reason to reward it twice. Rewarding participation within the league rules might be better.

Another point is that the participation bonus for league might not be a reward at all. If you have reached a very high ELO and the first place in league, participating in extra matches might make you lose your first place.
Participating might create mixed feelings.

League question: Is it 1 point per game or 1 point per set? League is always best of 3.

Participating in weekly tournaments is already very rewarding. See Ians post.

Question: Will people playing a supporting role, like tournament organisers, also get the participation bonus?

Competitions should certainly be more rewarding in some way.

I was thinking of 1 per set.
For tournaments, and for everything. I'm not giving a prize to winners, but only a participating prize. It's not the same thing at all. And it gives a reason to newer players to try tournaments even if they don't think they can win it
I won't give a bonus to TO's since they can play in their own tournaments.

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277849#msg1277849
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 03:44:41 am »
I won't give a bonus to TO's since they can play in their own tournaments.
I thought TOs joining their own tournaments was a recent and unofficial thing to make up for lack of players. Should people who decide the rules really be allowed to play too? Especially considering they are sometimes needed to look at other competitor's decks to check legality, it's an unfair advantage. I think TOs shouldn't play in their own tournaments, but they should be in the raffle as a reward for their effort.
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Offline RapidStar_

• Reputation Power: 5
  • RapidStar_ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I farm electrum at work
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements - The Daily Rewards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66117.msg1277852#msg1277852
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 11:13:37 am »
I like the idea - but I think some things like the amount of lottery tickets given out should be limited to as little as possible. ie, instead of 20 being given out, only 2 is given out. This is so it feels like tickets are more rare to get.

For the ways that lottery tickets could be given out - There could be a daily quest to beat 3 false gods in a row for a lottery ticket for example, or have an arena deck place in the top 5 (doesn't stack if it goes to 5, back down to 6 then back up to 5). It should be hard to get them so it feels more satisfying when you do get one - which is what attracts audiences.

blarg: