*Author

Offline KamietsuTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1296777#msg1296777
« on: May 16, 2020, 02:20:38 am »
With flash coming to an official end I find myself missing this place. It's changed so much over the years and I'm amazed and happy at seeing some of the original members still here and participating, not to mention the new members that I've seen now and then. I should have spent more time here but I was never good at spending a large amount of time in one place. That, and I am pretty bad at Elements. I mostly stayed for the community and when my drive lessened for here I all but disappeared.

I loved spending hours and hours here. Working on various competitions, as the creator and as a participant. I loved seeing everyone's contributions and was one of my favorite parts about this community. I still have plenty of files and images that I've created for this place that I have saved over the years. I'll probably always have them. This was all such a large part of my life for awhile and wouldn't want to forget those times.

What about you all? What do you remember fondly, or maybe not-to-fondly, about this game and this community? What friends and bonds have you made over the years? I wish I was better at socializing as I made some great friends while I was here, but over time those friendships dwindled more into acquaintances and then into just following each other on other social media. 

Let me know what your memories are. I want to relive them with you and learn through you the times and events I missed.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1296779#msg1296779
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 04:31:04 am »
The 9th Trials had a ton of great moments. It was soon after I returned to the forums, and there was a wave of strong up and coming PvPers all gunning for various elements. Ginyu and elk both succeeded and achieved a top half finish in War with :gravity and :earth. Zawa and w3 had just come off of top 4 finishes in WC, but were unable to overcome deuce and Spike, though Zawa still ended up genning :aether and got third. Physsion reached 200 posts just in time and took :darkness over joey, and iancu started his 4 term reign of :entropy by beating the 3-time master Calindu, who was then drafted as Physs's lieutenant and aided him in winning War. JCJ went into :water Trials with a lot of support and the beautiful Shipwrecker, but dd wasn't ready to hand off the reigns just yet and dealt him a crushing 5-4 defeat. Then there was the first time rob took back :death after losing it, the first successful use of Wasted Time by Spike, and, of course, the legendary :light Final Battle and the Master of Firestall. No other set of Trials comes close for me, though I have to mention Kuro getting the :time mastership on his 9th attempt. Probably one of the most wholesome moments we've had here.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1296790#msg1296790
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 05:26:28 pm »
There are way too many. From the sheer excitement of just getting drafted to my first ever War team, team :life in War #3, to actually winning the whole damn thing with :death a couple of months later, were the first of many nice moments from this place. The day when 10 men all of a sudden handed me generalship for War #6 was another. Although things ended in a pretty bitter way between me and one of my teammates, it was a cool experience overall. I have fond memories about almost every war I've played, and it's absolutely due to the people I've been so lucky to play together with. Although many of you don't hang around anymore, you know who you are :) Lastly, winning :time trials back in 2013, becoming Master of Time, was a huge deal for me back in the day, and a moment I will never forget.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1296791#msg1296791
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 06:53:41 pm »
My fondest memories are probably playing BL with Afda and grinding gold arena with SoSebows. No Bazaar challenge is also a fun one. Too bad it became kinda meh with the death of arena.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1296797#msg1296797
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 10:29:08 pm »
I just miss PvP 1. :(
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1296800#msg1296800
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 04:00:07 am »
The one key memory I have that defines my Elements (open or otherwise) experience is, of all things, my discovery of Toadfish mono dom. Either that deck, or Water/Death NT. Without that moment, I don't think I'd find myself so deep into the game and the community.
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline asdw152

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • yes
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1296802#msg1296802
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 09:04:56 am »
I still remember by second tourney. A lot of things were happening that day, from quitting work to go to school, getting a nymph, and just hopping into the tourney. Won that with the Neptune special, freeze shockwave vs sop decks. Got my one and only mark, only competitive win.

Sucks to see flash die, but the memories we carry with us.
Unstable Gas Can't Melt Steel Golems.
War #10 Team Death
War #11 Team Entropy
War #12 War Master

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1296820#msg1296820
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 11:51:25 am »
Well, I guess my legacy has been deeply cemented in the Forum Games section, so let's start there. Kuro's F&H series enchanted me like no other and was basically the whole reason why I joined the forums (well that and WoE, rip tho). I was an young and salty punk back then and while I got close on many attempts I never actually won it, but having those times around and strategizing was really fun. Shoutout to all his other forum games too, though of course, everyone remembers their first the most fondly. Mafia was a staple part of my life too, and the 2 times I hosted was a really enjoyable experience seeing it from the flip side, even if my balancing abilities weren't the best but ah, we learning.

As for PvP, I was never the strongest player, and I don't think I'm anywhere close (I sucked at a lot of tournies, PvP events, War, even Brawl imo, ahaha), but I think two stood out to me in my time here.

In Trials of :time 8 I made my debut and didn't really have a good performance, but the competition was stiff and I was an underdog regardless. Eventually we saw Spike edge Kuro out 5-4 in the finals, and that was exciting though perhaps a bit heartbreaking. I tried again in Trials 9 and lo and behold, I faced Kuro in the finals. To be honest, I never thought I had a chance, considering my track record in PvP up till then and the massive upgrade deficit I had to surmount. I really respect and admire Kuro a lot, but I also knew going in the crowd would be rooting for him too. Can't deny just the thought of it wasn't demoralising. But I had to give what I got. If Kuro was gonna beat me, I should had least be a worthy opponent myself, otherwise the win wouldn't hold as much weight.

The rest was history. I think in terms of endings it was one of the most feel-good events in Trials at the time. I had a lot of doubt coming in and amid all the fanfare for Kuro finally getting his dream, I knew deep down that I have the potential to hold my own too.

And sure enough, I got my own ending too in Trials of :time 11, when I won the title convincingly myself. That was really a highlight of my time here. Even if I may not have been the best amongst my predecessors, I still am happy to have the chance to hold the title too.
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1298089#msg1298089
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 12:31:22 am »
This seems as good a place to post this as any. I happened to be looking at the plat leaderboard and saw this name.

He was the first person to dominate the score leaderboard when the game first launched, and it appears he hasn't completely forgotten about it 11 years later. Just thought I'd share.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1299174#msg1299174
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 02:31:24 am »
I started playing Elements during War 3. I can't say that I was ever a player of note but I did have some fond memories here.

Drafted in War 4 by 10men for one card (all members of that team were drafted for 1 card), I was PROUD to be 1 of 10men's 7. We made a lot of people eat their words and think differently when they faced us in that War, Many wonderful friendships were made then, and since.

The Grind was hell... the feeling of reaching Level 80 and all of those milestones to get there, were incredible. Each Nymph spun, every War match played, every new idea. This is (for now) one fun game to play

As I achieve Level 85 tonight, I can't help but look back and smile at what this game has brought to me. Zanz, if you ever peek in here and read this... Thank you! Thank you for giving us this wonderful game to immerse ourselves in and enjoy what you created. My hat's off to you Sir! Job well done!

To all the friends that I made here, Thank you, for all the enjoyment that we've shared during our time here. Each and every War or Tourney or whatever... was such a fun time for me.

bripod

:time  I am 1, of 10men's 7  :time

PS. I'm still better than you, Makku... and I have plently of video to prove it!  :D Love you, brother.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 02:33:41 am by bripod »

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Memories https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67828.msg1299208#msg1299208
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 02:37:40 am »
Zanz, if you ever peek in here and read this... Thank you! Thank you for giving us this wonderful game to immerse ourselves in and enjoy what you created. My hat's off to you Sir! Job well done!

This. I want to say this, too. Ever since 2008 I kept on searching and discovering new CCGs and the excitement when I discovered this game was the most I had compared to many other CCGs I've discovered.
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

blarg: