*Author

dapol

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg24801#msg24801
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 02:33:57 pm »
plus karma for awesomeness

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg24852#msg24852
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 06:05:30 pm »
I'ma take a shot at writing Dark.

But that torture, that anguish, that solitude didn't leave the great being when he split himself.  Oh no, there was one being who's horrible existence was to contain that pain and suffering.  It, much like the great being, couldn't contain all this loneliness.  It changed all it's sadness into bitterness and hatred.  It wouldn't poison you, no, but it would poison your friends so you could watch them die slowly.  It would steal, not only what you had, but your strength, your energy, your very life itself.  And when the moon was high and the children were scared, it grew strong and it's rage billowed in waves of destruction.  With every hit, every time you got weaker, it grew stronger.  And even if you tried to see and fight, half the time it disappeared, and you were left wondering, wondering, if it had ever been there at all.  This being, the darkness, is myth among the people of the world.  Vampires, werewolves, all revolved around this mysterious dark force that created all the horrors.  And as the people turned away from darkness, calling it evil and horrible, it's sadness grew ever more.

Xiahou Dun

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg24900#msg24900
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 07:35:56 pm »
But that torture, that anguish, that solitude didn't leave the great being when he split himself.  Oh no, there was one being who's horrible existence was to contain that pain and suffering.  It, much like the great being, couldn't contain all this loneliness.  It changed all it's sadness into bitterness and hatred.  It wouldn't poison you, no, but it would poison your friends so you could watch them die slowly.  It would steal, not only what you had, but your strength, your energy, your very life itself.  And when the moon was high and the children were scared, it grew strong and it's rage billowed in waves of destruction.  With every hit, every time you got weaker, it grew stronger.  And even if you tried to see and fight, half the time it disappeared, and you were left wondering, wondering, if it had ever been there at all.  This being, the darkness, is myth among the people of the world.  Vampires, werewolves, all revolved around this mysterious dark force that created all the horrors.  And as the people turned away from darkness, calling it evil and horrible, it's sadness grew ever more.
Ho man. You gone and spun the angle I was basically already writing out for Entropy that the split wasn't fully successful and part of the being remained, Madness took a full hold on it and it began to embody the Chaos and pain of the original being. I don';t really know what to do with Darkness right now. It's the only one I don't have a pretty clear idea of in my head. Everything else is pretty much written and I just need to write it if you know what I mean.

Basic plan was that during the split the bad was split from the good and it wasn't only the good that grew and prospered.

The Madness of course became Entropy, (Self explanatory really) the Loneliness became Time (It watches and influences but it is not there and has no grounding in the world it is trapped in its own seperate existence with nothing but itself and it will be left alone with nothing to watch after the end of everything else) and the Pain was set to be Aether, (this Pain would be why Aether split itself from physical existence as a form of escape). These 3 things would then be given reason which is needed as they are the kind of "inconceivables" of elements where they don't really have an existence like the other Elements and I was to portray them as more manifestations of emotions. But then Darkness doesn't actually exist either. You can't have something getting More Dark as Dark is just a word to describe the process of Light not being there so that one works too.
I could also bring the Pain in through Darkness and...It's a toughie. Perhaps a 4th aspect of the Beings suffering is in need, perhaps Darkness could be a personification of the Terror that shaped the Terror around itself so it would never have to face it. (Hey I like that actually, that could work. Thanks for getting the thought process going man I was having real trouble with Darkness, I was trying to think of a necessity over Evil angle like Death had and it was annoying. I much prefer the object of its own downfall approach)

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg24903#msg24903
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 08:07:58 pm »
Does that mean you'll add it?

Xiahou Dun

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg24910#msg24910
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 08:44:55 pm »
Does that mean you'll add it?
I plan on tweaking it but yes. Only 2 changes I really want.

1. It will focus only on Terror and Fear as that is what Darkness shall be born from.

2. It will give a slightly more sympathetic angle showing darkness of a creature of misfortune and surrender to its fears.

ScytherLoL

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg24927#msg24927
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 09:34:22 pm »
I'm really impressed in reading this and thanks for the great background on some of the elements.

I hope that one day we can decide on where the elements came from as after that we can truly go forth to discover in that world you have created if their are any other elements that have yet to be found.

Love the work and congrats on it.

Scyther

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg24998#msg24998
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 12:45:08 am »
I CALL DIBS ON WRITING THE ORACLE!!!

I called it!

Also, that's what I was going for Xiahou, can't say I'm good at writing with a script in mind =/

ScytherLoL

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg25036#msg25036
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 01:55:09 am »
I second Glitchs proposal. He writes the Oracle. Sounds good to me as his writing is extrememly pleasing to read and sits wellwith the genre and background.

Go to it.

Scyther

Xiahou Dun

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg25048#msg25048
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 02:03:08 am »
I CALL DIBS ON WRITING THE ORACLE!!!

I called it!

Also, that's what I was going for Xiahou, can't say I'm good at writing with a script in mind =/
By all means try to make sense of it. If you can come up with something good and more logical, substantial and profound then some spin on "He was made to see the future" then I'm game.

Pilchard123

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg25544#msg25544
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 08:49:03 pm »
OOH! OOH! I've got a great idea for the Oracle!!!

He was made to see the future.  :P

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg25653#msg25653
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 06:41:31 am »
The Oracle is an avatar of Zanzarino. He can be the final boss; when you fight him, he's gonna have like five uber-pets in play when the game starts.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Xiahou Dun

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg25780#msg25780
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 07:29:43 pm »
The Oracle is an avatar of Zanzarino. He can be the final boss; when you fight him, he's gonna have like five uber-pets in play when the game starts.
This makes no sense at all.

Who's Zanzarino? (Don't answer this literally I know he's the game developer I mean in relation to the story)
Why does he need an avatar?
Why do you fight him?
Why would fighting him make him a "Boss"?
Why does he randomly give gifts to everyone if they're only going to end up using them to fight him?

anything
blarg: