*Author

Offline DonBirdTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • DonBird is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1181185#msg1181185
« on: March 05, 2015, 12:27:22 am »
Greetings,

I just wanted to share something I thought of a personal alternative way to play elements. I've created a second account and my goal is to see how high of a score I can get without a loss. If I get 1 loss I reset the account or create a new one and start over. I know this sounds mental, but I think it creates a certain interesting element trying to be flawless. Granted I'm not spending a lot of time on this right now, but I tinker at it a little at a time.

I had the idea when I combined two different thoughts:
1. What am I going to do besides PvP when I get 6 regular and 6 upped versions of all the regular and rare cards? (Granted I'm a long way off I still had to give it some thought) (excluding the cards that can only be obtained through oracle and tournaments)
2. It would be interesting if there was a hardcore mode/ perm death (like in diablo 2/diablo 3/path of exile) in a CCG, it would certainly spice things up a bit. Now I realize this is really niche and the vast majority of people won't dig something like this cos' its pretty grindy and tedious and back breaking to suffer that inevitable loss, but the rush I imagine I will have when I sneak by my first bronze arena match to live for another day will make it all worth while....that's right, with this mentality of play even bronze arena is a thrill, lol.

I'm not advocating this for everyone, or even for most, but I bet there are one or two of you out there who will enjoy giving this a try, and enjoy the challenge of seeing how far you can get playing undefeated.

:-)

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1181297#msg1181297
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:39:35 am »
considering going unbeaten for a while is easy if you know what your doing if you want real hardcore (obviously this is purely theoretical) go for not being able to buy cards from the bazaar except quanta aka this permadeath combined with the nbc that has already drawn a lot of attention.
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline Faro

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Faro is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • +Yeah!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1181300#msg1181300
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:20:13 am »
It's a cool idea, but this game depends a lot on luck
It's not Hardcore, it's RNG

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1181331#msg1181331
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 03:55:43 pm »
Another 'mode' you might be interested in trying to spice up your experience with the game is the No-Bazaar Challenge.
http://elementscommunity.org/forum/general-discussion/(nearly)-no-bazaar-challenge/
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1181337#msg1181337
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 05:16:58 pm »
This reminds me of a 'chat incident' once, where the stake of a duel was deleting the loser's account, both ingame and on Forums (technically: leaving the community). The winner, of course, is still among us.

Strange and unrelevant coincidence that I found myself re-playing (modded) D2 again not long ago, and I must say that it's still the best of its kind.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline DonBirdTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • DonBird is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1181390#msg1181390
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 12:07:00 am »
considering going unbeaten for a while is easy if you know what your doing if you want real hardcore (obviously this is purely theoretical) go for not being able to buy cards from the bazaar except quanta aka this permadeath combined with the nbc that has already drawn a lot of attention.

It is easy to go unbeaten for a while, but I'm wondering how easy it would be to go unbeaten forever? Yes, just sticking to farming AI0 would make that possible, but as it is with most hardcore things the idea is to see how far one can push things while still never having a loss on the account. Even the best decks occasionally stumble even vs. bronze or silver, not to mention gold, plat, false gods.... A 99% win rate means that 1 in 100 games is going to result in account reset.

So yes, it would be easy to avoid a loss by just never taking on the arena or a false god, but I think that is what makes risking it so interesting. The tension between survival and advancement. ^_^

Offline Keeps

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Keeps is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1181429#msg1181429
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 03:57:30 am »
AI3, up to 1.28 or so...  Standard unupped mono black 4 dragons, 4 pests, 4 drain lifes, 4 steals, vampire dagger, shroud.  I used to go unbeaten in an alt account.  It got really boring got up to 400 wins.  Then around 1.30 the AI program changed just slightly, and quanta got capped and it lost...

I haven't hunted for a new deck, but I figure, an upped mono air could pull it off again.

I say go for the bazaar challenge with a 200 win streak first 200 games would be a challenge but possible.

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1181485#msg1181485
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 04:10:59 pm »

It is easy to go unbeaten for a while, but I'm wondering how easy it would be to go unbeaten forever? Yes, just sticking to farming AI0 would make that possible, but as it is with most hardcore things the idea is to see how far one can push things while still never having a loss on the account. Even the best decks occasionally stumble even vs. bronze or silver, not to mention gold, plat, false gods.... A 99% win rate means that 1 in 100 games is going to result in account reset.

So yes, it would be easy to avoid a loss by just never taking on the arena or a false god, but I think that is what makes risking it so interesting. The tension between survival and advancement. ^_^

Even going for the harder ai, ai3 to ai4 are perfectly survivable which in turns includes bronze arena and siver arena in my opinion the losses start coming from fgs and gold and plat arena for ai and then there is pvp if your strtetching the challenge your looking at gold arena anything of easier than gold arena is relatively easy to handle.
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline ElementalDearWatson

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ElementalDearWatson is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1182132#msg1182132
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 12:20:22 pm »
Even using the Oracle to tailor your deck to each specific False God you're still not guaranteed a win.  It's certainly not possible to make a deck that will win against every False God every time.

And every card has a counter.  It may be possible to come up with a deck that will beat AI3 every time, but once you start getting random elements, like in AI4, you're going to lose, even if you make a deck that wins most of the time.

This proposal will be reliant on nothing but luck.

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: A new way to play elements - Getting Hardcore! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57691.msg1183272#msg1183272
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 03:20:47 pm »
This reminds me of a 'chat incident' once, where the stake of a duel was deleting the loser's account, both ingame and on Forums (technically: leaving the community). The winner, of course, is still among us.
haha fun times
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

anything
blarg: