*Author

Offline SvenningenTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76181#msg76181
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:13:28 pm »
This is a suggestion, that i developed in the discussion about t50 and farms.

Well, the idea is that the farms from t50 should be completely removed, since now they make it easier for people to get rares, cards AND score, and t50 farming is more beneficial than FG farming.

So my suggestion is to add weekly quests.
Rewards for weekly quest is in my idea rares. If its creature/spells/weapons i have no suggestion towards, im just thinking of these rares weapons/pharaoh/squid/sog-sod/miracle.

Please discuss what u think, towards adding weekly quests, and suggest some quests.

here's some suggestions:
1. Low score quest:
get x more score after starting/accepting this quest.
Reward: a rare.

2. Win 3of pvp1 matches
reward: 1 random rare and 100electrum

3. Win 10 pvp1/pvp2 matches
reward 1rare and 500(250?) electrum

4. Kill 50% of total Fg's
reward: 1rare and 500electrum

5. Beat 3x of every ai lvl, including t50.
reward 1rare 50electrum

6. Beat 25different t50 players
reward: 1rare and 300electrum

Obviously, if u dont complete it by sunday (at reset) the quests and progress will be lost. To start a quest one need to click the quest option and activate it.

There doesnt need to be more than 3weekly quests, but if there was like 10+. So that 3 can be chosen at random each week, and it would not feel as if ur doing the exact same every week, because they are randomized. Or make batches like easy - medium - hard and place the same amount in each batch, and every week 1quest from each batch is chosen into the weekly quests.

If wanted, ill add ur questsuggestions to the first-thread!

DeathShrimp

Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76185#msg76185
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:49 pm »
I like it ive been hopeing there would be more quests than mindless farming to get upgrades along the way.. if there was more quests it would not feel so pointless

should be more aswell like

1. Earn 1000 Score
2. Earn 5000 score
3. Earn 10.000 score
4. Earn 50.000 score
5. Make it into the top 50

this will keep people playing on their accounts instead of Reseting it or stop playing if they notice that there aint any goals or so

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76191#msg76191
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:28:39 pm »
Here's a few of my ideas:

1) False God Exterminator: Throughout the week, you are given a list of false gods to face against. You MUST kill all of them before the week ends, or else the quest dies out. You receive bonus electrum + a potential upgraded/rare card.

2) Hot Streaker: On level 3 or higher, without going into the 'Your Deck' Menu, defeat at least 20-30 players in a row without changing your cards/mark. Receive bonus Electrum - not winning 20-30 in a row against your opponents will cause the quest to die out.

3) Got Junk?: You are given several 'fake' relics/cards (which cost 1 electrum) - whenever you fight someone, these cards will appear in your deck and clutter your space. Obtain at least a 50% win ratio after doing 20-30 matches against level 3 or higher opponents, or else the quest will die out. Receive bonus Electrum + potential upgraded (not rare) card. 'Fake Relics' are removed when the quest is done.

4) Rainbow Marker: When you accept this quest, you will face the same False God over and over again. Defeat the False God at least once with your Mark as a different element each time, for a total of 12 wins against the False God. Failure to do so will cause the quest to die. Receive bonus Electrum + potential 'Mark'/Nymph card.

Weekly quests are an awesome idea - time to suggest this in the '...things Elements need MOST now' poll. ;)

Offline Ge0metry v1.2

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Ge0metry v1.2 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hello?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76199#msg76199
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 10:47:09 pm »
Weekly Quests are fine, in fact I love the idea.  :D

However I think farms should remain, but I guess everyone has their own opinion.  ::)
Back just for Mafia.

Malduk

Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76206#msg76206
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 11:02:38 pm »
Allow me to disagree.

I have all rares, and I think most of forum users that will vote here have all rares. Score is cumulative thing that does not decay over time, and some people pumped it already on old gods, farms, whatever. Upgrade of a single card equals 50 wins against T50 provided you dont lose.

How exactly do we expect for community to grow, and continue playing the game if they are fighting constantly against decks of much higher value than theirs with extremely limited access to rare cards that is based on pure grinding (that also gets reseted each week with OPs suggestion?).
How long would it take for new player to make a deck capable of fighting T50, AI5, FGs? Have a shot at making T50 himself? Have starting fun making his own decks with such limited electrum gain?
If I introduce a friend to the game, will I have to say "go farm AI0-3 for a month or two, and then you'll see how awesome this game is"?

I'm all for new quests etc, but this is a hit on NEW players, its not something interesting for old players getting bored of the same old grinding.

I'd agree farms are an exploit. But I'd argue that its completely harmless exploit that actually helps the game. Its better to remove the need for farms, then to remove farms by force.

sSethia

Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76212#msg76212
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 11:29:35 pm »
I both agree with Malduk and Svenningen. I don't want to remove T50, but I REALLYYYYY DOOOOO want Weekly Quests to be added. It would make the game SOO MUCH funner than it already is.

1) False God Exterminator: Throughout the week, you are given a list of false gods to face against. You MUST kill all of them before the week ends, or else the quest dies out. You receive bonus electrum + a potential upgraded/rare card.

2) Hot Streaker: On level 3 or higher, without going into the 'Your Deck' Menu, defeat at least 20-30 players in a row without changing your cards/mark. Receive bonus Electrum - not winning 20-30 in a row against your opponents will cause the quest to die out.

3) Got Junk?: You are given several 'fake' relics/cards (which cost 1 electrum) - whenever you fight someone, these cards will appear in your deck and clutter your space. Obtain at least a 50% win ratio after doing 20-30 matches against level 3 or higher opponents, or else the quest will die out. Receive bonus Electrum + potential upgraded (not rare) card. 'Fake Relics' are removed when the quest is done.

4) Rainbow Marker: When you accept this quest, you will face the same False God over and over again. Defeat the False God at least once with your Mark as a different element each time, for a total of 12 wins against the False God. Failure to do so will cause the quest to die. Receive bonus Electrum + potential 'Mark'/Nymph card.
If these were implemented, I would be mindlessly addicted. Especially to number 1 and 2.

Malduk

Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76221#msg76221
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 11:51:09 pm »
I both agree with Malduk and Svenningen. I don't want to remove T50, but I REALLYYYYY DOOOOO want Weekly Quests to be added.
Well, the problem with this thread and poll is that it is about two separate things: suggests something we all really want (new quests), which people replied positively about already, with something that is not related to new quests - removal of farm decks.

I want new quests more than I want farms, but I dont think new players would agree with it, as they struggle with current AI anyway.

MrBlonde

Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76223#msg76223
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 12:01:18 am »
I both agree with Malduk and Svenningen. I don't want to remove T50, but I REALLYYYYY DOOOOO want Weekly Quests to be added.
Well, the problem with this thread and poll is that it is about two separate things: suggests something we all really want (new quests), which people replied positively about already, with something that is not related to new quests - removal of farm decks.

I want new quests more than I want farms, but I dont think new players would agree with it, as they struggle with current AI anyway.
I agree. I am one of the players who did not get the luxury of playing the FG's while an 80% rate was capable. Since 1.21 came about this game has become much harder IMO for newer players and the AI just keeps getting better and better.

bojengles77

Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76230#msg76230
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 12:23:54 am »
1. Earn 1000 Score
2. Earn 5000 score
3. Earn 10.000 score
4. Earn 50.000 score
Making it to the top 50 can be achieved by anyone on Sunday when no one has entered their scores yet, so that's not a viable option. I think that quests in terms of scores should be given from marginal score gain. Instead of getting to 50,000 score, get 2,000 score in a day to get a rare. Something like that

MrBlonde

Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76233#msg76233
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:34:02 am »
1. Earn 1000 Score
2. Earn 5000 score
3. Earn 10.000 score
4. Earn 50.000 score
Making it to the top 50 can be achieved by anyone on Sunday when no one has entered their scores yet, so that's not a viable option. I think that quests in terms of scores should be given from marginal score gain. Instead of getting to 50,000 score, get 2,000 score in a day to get a rare. Something like that
Orrrr.. make it into the T50 on Friday... Of course that wouldn't be fair since it's getting increasingly harder for people to make it to the T50. 2000 score in a day sounds pretty good.

Offline SvenningenTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76385#msg76385
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 07:28:23 am »
Well, I see all ur points, but I do not see why this is making it harder for new players, 1-5quests a week wich give rares, is it really to few?

Besides, I also have all the rares, and am in no "need" of farms, but that doesnt mean that i want them to stay, even if i were in t50, i would probably set up farms until it was removed, because as stated its the way to give back to the community. However, if more quests were added, i wouldnt set them up, i would really like t50 to be on the hard lvl its supposed to be, not some easy grind, making all ai3 decks viable options, wich they sortoff are now..

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: Weekly Quests https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7061.msg76418#msg76418
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 09:53:37 am »
The current "rares" are extremely common and easy to come by. They are also crucial in many PvP decks, and PvP is a large part of this game (especially leagues/tournaments). It would be quite unfair to make current rares only obtainable from AI and quests. Future rares is fine, since their obtainability will be the same for everyone (like nymphs).

Your suggestion is fine except for the removing T50 farms.

blarg: