*Author

Znork

Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg380387#msg380387
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 02:53:40 am »
I saw a suggestion somewhere on the forum:

Upgrade price = (Price of card x 10) + 500

That way Pillars would be 560, Pendulums would be 740 and Dragons would be 1540.

Rares would be quite expensive to upgrade and Nymphs would be very expensive, of course. Maybe they could have a different formula - or maybe it would be fine to make upgraded rares even more exclusive.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg380389#msg380389
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 03:00:12 am »
That actually sounds great to me. It'd definatly make upgrading a rare card a bigger deal, and would make upgrading towers feel like a fair price.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline maverixkTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 7
  • maverixk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I have an 'x' instead of a 'c'. I know you jellin'
Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg380536#msg380536
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »
I saw a suggestion somewhere on the forum:

Upgrade price = (Price of card x 10) + 500

That way Pillars would be 560, Pendulums would be 740 and Dragons would be 1540.

Rares would be quite expensive to upgrade and Nymphs would be very expensive, of course. Maybe they could have a different formula - or maybe it would be fine to make upgraded rares even more exclusive.
Love it!
"Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree." -House

Offline RagingAlien

• Reputation Power: 10
  • RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The glass is, in fact, completely full.
Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg380542#msg380542
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »
... I see absolutely no way to change anything. It's good as it is, and pillars for certain decks are more important than more damage.

I'd much rather have a few new cards than to change the electrum cost to upgrade a few things that would soon be having a lot of people saying the cost is too low, and that it should be raised.
"When I go on the internet, everyone thinks I'm a dog :c"-Oace|"Don't feed trolls. Even though they're squishy and cute and make a funny noise when you poke them."-IH|"Live with it, or be a Llama." -artimies7|"Every time there is an awkward silence, somebody is thinking of Abraham Lincoln."-Xyzockie

Znork

Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg380910#msg380910
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 04:11:04 pm »
... I see absolutely no way to change anything. It's good as it is, and pillars for certain decks are more important than more damage.

I'd much rather have a few new cards than to change the electrum cost to upgrade a few things that would soon be having a lot of people saying the cost is too low, and that it should be raised.
Can I ask how many upgraded cards you have now? Or how much Electrum?

Best

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg380920#msg380920
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 04:39:17 pm »
I'm not sure I get you here, are you saying you'd rather have a few upgraded card and have people complain about the cost being to high rather than having several upgraded cards and having people complain about the cost be to low? If so...why? People will complain either way and it basically reduces grinding time and helps newer (newer, not completely new) users to make an upgraded deck.

It's good as it is, and pillars for certain decks are more important than more damage.
If all cards deserve equal upgrading price because they can be as useful as any other card depending on the deck, then why price them differantly in the bazaar?
Your favorite Hotyugh

silux

Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg380923#msg380923
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 04:54:54 pm »
I'm up for every suggestion that lowers the cost of upped pillars!
1500 :electrum=1 quanta in game, isn't a big deal
And by The Almighty Zanzarino,while a tower isn't so much more useful than a pillar, an elite Gost of the past is so much more better than the unupped .I often have the feeling that a pillar is a downgraded tower...

More quests would be awesome.A 'must' quest would be 'upgrade your first card!you will recieve 1500 :electrum!'(way best and more encouraging than actual 'grind 1500 to up a card so you will have someting to spend on')

I wouldn't also dislike events like 'today upgrades cost 1399 :electrum!' as soon they last at least 24h.

About pillars:
 1)upping pillars should cost between 500 and 1000
 2)upped pillars are more worthy(side effects like gain 1hp or such)
 or they provide more than +1 quanta on entry
 or they have a chance to produce more than 1 quanta each per turn
 3)upgrade in block:1500 coins and you choose 2-3 pillars to upgrade

Offline RagingAlien

• Reputation Power: 10
  • RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.RagingAlien is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The glass is, in fact, completely full.
Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg381009#msg381009
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 12:13:29 am »
OK then, sugegstion:

Make a poll.
"When I go on the internet, everyone thinks I'm a dog :c"-Oace|"Don't feed trolls. Even though they're squishy and cute and make a funny noise when you poke them."-IH|"Live with it, or be a Llama." -artimies7|"Every time there is an awkward silence, somebody is thinking of Abraham Lincoln."-Xyzockie

Offline maverixkTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 7
  • maverixk is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I have an 'x' instead of a 'c'. I know you jellin'
Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg381014#msg381014
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 12:26:00 am »
OK then, sugegstion:

Make a poll.
Hehe, good idea. I should've thought of that a while ago.
"Are you ... comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree." -House

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Upgrading Cards https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29356.msg381017#msg381017
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 12:31:05 am »
I'm up for every suggestion that lowers the cost of upped pillars!
*snip*
Upped Pillars are what allow you to get cards out on the first turn. I personally like the upgrade system as it is.

I think EvaRia's solution is a good idea. Zanz also mentioned interest in Daily Quests, so this could tie in with it as well.

IMO, instead of changing the upgrade system, we should revamp the questline to be more helpful.

This way it helps new players up to the point where they are up to speed without needing to make it easier for them.

blarg: