*Author

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg475695#msg475695
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 03:04:21 am »
To address the issue of Arctic Squid, at 2 defense, it's pretty easily removed, and the ability increase could be used as a nerf if prolems arose. I see no reason why this isn't already in the works.
I think the main issue lies not in cost or in vulnerability, but that with Quintessence, you've got a virtually untouchable creature which can handle pretty much anything thrown its way. I would think this type of versatility verges onto overpowered territory.

If most think that Arctic Squid could be given the flexible Freeze then I'll include it, but for the time being I think it would be best if Freeze and Congeal work with creatures and permanents while Arctic Squid only be allowed to target creatures, and possibly receive a change in skill name to something like Cold Touch.
I agree that Arctic Squid would probably be best left to creatures. Changing it's Freeze ability to affect permanents as well puts it into Pulverizer territory which would likely result in a cost increase, which in turn makes the card awkward to use at best. However, I do think it would be interesting for Water to have a separate card that acts as Freeze-on-a-stick for permanents, such as Frost Jay (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34335.0).

Offline Silver

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Silver is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg475709#msg475709
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 04:51:52 am »
Maybe freeze could only freeze perms for 1 turn so that instead of just freezing and refreezing everything people will use shockwave more.

Offline jippy99

• Reputation Power: 21
  • jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.jippy99 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg475712#msg475712
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 05:03:30 am »
I am in full support of this idea, I believe that this is something the game needs quite badly.  The lack of PC in the game gives fire and darkness large advantages in many situations.  How would this work with shields like wings?  Will it negate the effect for a turn and keep the amount of turns left on the shield the same?  Or will it negate the effect and decrease the turns left by 1?
Think you got what it takes?  Test out your skills in some Tournaments! http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg475716#msg475716
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 05:12:31 am »
I am in full support of this idea, I believe that this is something the game needs quite badly.  The lack of PC in the game gives fire and darkness large advantages in many situations.  How would this work with shields like wings?  Will it negate the effect for a turn and keep the amount of turns left on the shield the same?  Or will it negate the effect and decrease the turns left by 1?
Freeze would probably negate the effect but continue decreasing the 'timer'. (Sort of like a more gradual explosion)

Offline Marsu

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Marsu is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Green.
  • Awards: Winner of Booster Draft #2 - PvP EventBattle League 2/2013 Third Place7th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg475995#msg475995
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 09:31:15 pm »
A great idea imho!

Offline Troh

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Troh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Beginners League 2/2010 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg476436#msg476436
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 10:48:00 pm »
I like the idea

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg501104#msg501104
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 11:57:14 pm »
Going to bump this idea as I feel it'd give more versatility to one of the more underused cards in the game as well as slightly buffing shockwave. What are your thoughts?

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg501140#msg501140
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2012, 01:33:59 am »
Water would like it. It would also give some more options in terms of CC, while I can't see it being overpowered.
Also since it doesn't really stack with deflag/steal it doesn't give possibility of overloading a deck with PC.

+1 support.

Offline jacker

• Reputation Power: 5
  • jacker is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Addicted
Re: Shockwave + Freeze: The untapped potential https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37826.msg503651#msg503651
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 02:06:46 pm »
It would be a good idea ;) +1 reputation

blarg: