*Author

Offline frenchdavid51Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • frenchdavid51 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Still trying to make a decent deck
Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168417#msg1168417
« on: November 26, 2014, 03:09:24 pm »
If I want to build a deck with 4-6 Arsenic, I have to grind to 150 score to get 1. Then just get incredibly lucky 3-5 times. Seems very stupid to me, luck should not be a huge part of a skill-based game.
"Sir, sir, we are going to have to ask you to turn down." "TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!!?"

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168419#msg1168419
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 03:13:18 pm »
See when you'll be about to get 6 of all upgraded and unupgraded shards. :D
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168420#msg1168420
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 03:22:27 pm »
First of all, 500 score, not 150.
Second of all, with a good bronze grinder, it's easy to get any rare you need within decent speed.
Third of all, no good deck ever uses 4-6 arsenics, except possibly deathstalls, which are rather rare and unheard of.
Flying weapon arsenics just pales in comparison to a monodeath, and monodeath rushes only use 2-3.
To get to 500 score easily, grind AI3 with a decent AI3 grinder. You can find some examples here. I personally recommend the nymph tears rush.

To get rares easily, grind bronze arena. I recommend a modified nymph tears rush or a monodarkness to do this.

Offline bossitron

• Reputation Power: 12
  • bossitron is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bossitron is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • im a potato dont ask me anything
Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168448#msg1168448
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 08:54:08 pm »
I have 6 of every rare weapon except vampire stilleto witch i have 1 of and eternity i have 3 of and i just started. not *just* started but i am still pretty new.

also i would like to let you know that i have 12 morning glories 6 unupped 6 upped. just fyi
CHAOS POWER GO!

Offline flyingcat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Vox all day every day
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168450#msg1168450
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 09:02:40 pm »
inb4 the veteran goes: I have 20 of every rare! Rares are easy once you get a good bronze farmer. Cough mono dark cough. Arena was made for rares, AI3 was not.
The important thing about a low probability is that it's not zero
:gravityBrawl 4 Gravy Train Co:gravity
:fireWar 9 Team Fire:fire

Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168458#msg1168458
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 10:52:00 pm »
Okay so arena grinding? I never see decks with the right weapons in them... am I just unlucky? Or are arsenic decks just rare?
"Sir, sir, we are going to have to ask you to turn down." "TURN DOWN FOR WHAT?!!?"

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168459#msg1168459
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 10:55:13 pm »
Okay so arena grinding? I never see decks with the right weapons in them... am I just unlucky? Or are arsenic decks just rare?

if you beat 5 decks in a row (in bronze, less in other arenas) you get a special spin, with only rares and the chance to respin some of the slots.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168482#msg1168482
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 01:34:28 am »
I just spinned that and guess what? None of the weapons I needed, only stuff the deck I just faced used.

Offline flyingcat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Vox all day every day
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168484#msg1168484
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 02:17:17 am »
On your fifth CONSECUTIVE win, after you spin the reels three times, wait and it'll do this animation and switch to the rare spin.
The important thing about a low probability is that it's not zero
:gravityBrawl 4 Gravy Train Co:gravity
:fireWar 9 Team Fire:fire

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168511#msg1168511
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 06:10:31 am »
Then keep trying.
Just like your mythic rare sorins and sharkans, they're not going to be given to you like candy.
(Or your epic Musculard, or your hyper-extreme-uber-ultra-rare Blue-Eyes-White-Dragon (I hate that name.), or your Arceus EX, or... Whatever it is you play.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:12:06 am by Frozengaia »

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168542#msg1168542
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 01:07:45 pm »
If you want to do it fast, you can see the Community Recommended Decks Section for Bronze
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Re: Rare weapons are too hard to acquire... https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56836.msg1168546#msg1168546
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2014, 02:18:49 pm »
Ok ok ok. I know about the special spins. I know about the community recommend decks for grinding bronze. So no more advice okay? I'm still stuck trying to find my weapons.

blarg: