*Author

LAMA00619

nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg426144#msg426144
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:53:43 am »
ok, here is my dilemma:
why do dark matter, dream catcher and serket have the right to use nymph in their decks?

- we can't get them if we win in a spin (essence??)
- why only 3 gods (jezebel i can get, its her only strategy), seems unfair
- why not give them all nymphs, making them even more impossible

so i suggest nymphs are  deleted from AI5-decks, or that they all get nymphs
another suggestion IF they are deleted from AI5-decks:  an AI6-challenge, which do get nymphs (but then again --> also in the challenge).

Offline rosutosefi

• Reputation Power: 10
  • rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg426153#msg426153
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 11:11:07 am »
ok, here is my dilemma:
why do dark matter, dream catcher and serket have the right to use nymph in their decks?

another suggestion IF they are deleted from AI5-decks:  an AI6-challenge, which do get nymphs (but then again --> also in the challenge).
Nymphs are rare, but they are not that "godly" in decks. They're still normal cards. The reason why these 3 false gods use the nymphs is most likely because they're good in the deck, and not because these nymphs are extremely overpowered so that they are just senselessly stuffed into the decks just to annoy you.

If the nymph is overpowered, that's the problem, but it's not. No need to add nymphs to all the decks. Do we even need to add nymphs to AI3 just because one has a nymph?
Not so active.

Offline Plantifant

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Plantifant is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Herpedy derp I want a good singularity deck.
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg426202#msg426202
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:15:21 pm »
ok, here is my dilemma:

Nymphs are rare, but they are not that "godly" in decks. They're still normal cards. The reason why these 3 false gods use the nymphs is most likely because they're good in the deck, and not because these nymphs are extremely overpowered so that they are just senselessly stuffed into the decks just to annoy you.

If the nymph is overpowered, that's the problem, but it's not. No need to add nymphs to all the decks. Do we even need to add nymphs to AI3 just because one has a nymph?
Well, it is kinda brutal in Dark Matter.

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg426207#msg426207
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 03:36:49 pm »
Yes it ish good in dark matter's deck and Jezebel don't play nymph as I remember.

And I saw more than one nymph vs AI3 (fire and earth are used)
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg426375#msg426375
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 11:00:29 pm »
The answer is quite simple: Because the nymphs fit into their decks and they are younger than nymphs (e.g. Miracle isn´t) . Dark Matter uses Black Hole, so the Gravity Nymph is a good addition. For Serket, adrenaline speeds up poison, so the nymph is good. For Dreamcatcher - don´t know.
Nymph´s don´t fit into all FG decks. What shall e.g. Neptune do with a Water Nymph? Neptune has only water towers.

If all FGs would have nymphs, the number of possible strategies would be quite limited.
But False Gods shall also - like AI3s, cover a wide range of strategies.
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

LAMA00619

Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg426621#msg426621
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 10:16:28 am »
The answer is quite simple: Because the nymphs fit into their decks and they are younger than nymphs (e.g. Miracle isn´t) . Dark Matter uses Black Hole, so the Gravity Nymph is a good addition. For Serket, adrenaline speeds up poison, so the nymph is good. For Dreamcatcher - don´t know.
Nymph´s don´t fit into all FG decks. What shall e.g. Neptune do with a Water Nymph? Neptune has only water towers.

If all FGs would have nymphs, the number of possible strategies would be quite limited.
"because the nymphs fit into their decks"??
for that reason:
- gemini should have an aether nymph to immortalise his unstoppable phase recluses
- fire queen and ferox should have a life nymph to increase damage exponantionally
- akebono should have a gravity nymph, so you cant get any quanta

"What shall e.g. Neptune do with a Water Nymph?"
you are right about this one, divine glory is doubtfull (light nymph heals for 10HP [i think], he doesn't need it, he has plenty of miracles)

"But False Gods shall also - like AI3s, cover a wide range of strategies."
most gods do cover a wide range of strategies, but then again there are a lot of gods based on 1 strategie:
- akebono (massive damage)
- dark matter (no quanta for you)
- decay (no quanta for you)
- divine glory (dont touch my monsters, and i will use miracle)
- eternal phoenix (fractal/fire rush)
- hecate (dont touch my monsters, ill do that for you)
- osiris (ill eat you with my massive scarab spawn
that doesn't mean that nymphs should be allowed

(ps: this is not a personnal attack, im just argueing your points)

Offline rosutosefi

• rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.rosutosefi is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Dead.
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg426639#msg426639
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 11:31:14 am »

"because the nymphs fit into their decks"??
for that reason:
- gemini should have an aether nymph to immortalise his unstoppable phase recluses
- fire queen and ferox should have a life nymph to increase damage exponantionally
- akebono should have a gravity nymph, so you cant get any quanta

"What shall e.g. Neptune do with a Water Nymph?"
you are right about this one, divine glory is doubtfull (light nymph heals for 10HP [i think], he doesn't need it, he has plenty of miracles)

"But False Gods shall also - like AI3s, cover a wide range of strategies."
most gods do cover a wide range of strategies, but then again there are a lot of gods based on 1 strategie:
- akebono (massive damage)
- dark matter (no quanta for you)
- decay (no quanta for you)
- divine glory (dont touch my monsters, and i will use miracle)
- eternal phoenix (fractal/fire rush)
- hecate (dont touch my monsters, ill do that for you)
- osiris (ill eat you with my massive scarab spawn
that doesn't mean that nymphs should be allowed

(ps: this is not a personnal attack, im just argueing your points)
First, you forgot the gemini needs his creatures to be targetable. He will need it for the TU spam. Next, fire queen is low on life quanta, so a life nymph will not be good. For akebono, he does not need the nymph. He is a pure rush, and that nymphs will slow him down. Did you notice that Zanz did not add Black Holes in the deck? That because he does not need the denial.

And by a wide range of strategies, he means that nymphs should not be restricted just because they're nymphs. I even suggest that more false god decks should be made to cover all the cards, including all nymphs, to show all their uses (well, except the shards, which should be obtainable through donations)
Not so active.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg426972#msg426972
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 01:40:40 am »
I think that FGs should be allowed to use nymphs, but it's really frustrating when the card you win from a FG is just an upgraded relic instead of being slightly useful. Perhaps increase selling price of upped relic?

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg427003#msg427003
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 02:17:29 am »
^and unupped as well. :P
Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline rosutosefi

• Dead.
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg427171#msg427171
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 09:37:13 am »
The unupped relic selling price was "nerfed" because of the large number of relic farms back in T50 days. For the upped relic, I think a selling price increase would be good, considering that it is unusable, and it should be somewhere around the minimum selling price of upped cards, 1156.
Not so active.

Giantfrog

Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg427243#msg427243
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 02:34:45 pm »
Nymphs as far as I know can be found all the way to ai0, I know starting at 1 you can encounter them. Started an alt this morning and ai1 pulled out an earth nymph right before dying. So its not just a couple gods that have them most the ai decks do. Sorry if this is a repost I got lazy after reading one and decided I would post anyways.

Offline rosutosefi

• Dead.
Re: nymphs in a god deck (AI5) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=33785.msg427253#msg427253
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 03:07:26 pm »
Nymphs as far as I know can be found all the way to ai0, I know starting at 1 you can encounter them. Started an alt this morning and ai1 pulled out an earth nymph right before dying. So its not just a couple gods that have them most the ai decks do. Sorry if this is a repost I got lazy after reading one and decided I would post anyways.
Nope, I don't think AI2 has them. AI4, AI1 and AI0 have randomly generated decks, so there's a chance that they can get nymphs.
Not so active.

blarg: