*Author

stage

Re: New newbie quest with an upgraded card as a reward https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5682.msg61119#msg61119
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 07:53:31 am »
Main problem with newbies is that they get started with an element and get to lvl3 more or less. Then comes the problem that they are forced to sell their element deck that they like to be able to grind and a chance to beat FG or lvl 5. This is how I felt, so this is how I felt and I ground so I can play my Darkness set for some PvP and to be able to start a Rainbow set to get a crack with FG.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: New newbie quest with an upgraded card as a reward https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5682.msg61221#msg61221
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 03:33:32 pm »
Main problem with newbies is that they get started with an element and get to lvl3 more or less. Then comes the problem that they are forced to sell their element deck that they like to be able to grind and a chance to beat FG or lvl 5. This is how I felt, so this is how I felt and I ground so I can play my Darkness set for some PvP and to be able to start a Rainbow set to get a crack with FG.
:o Who told you to sell your deck? That's the worst advice ever. You need to have a complete deck at all times that you know you can win with. Selling one deck to build another that you are less familiar with to take on AI that you are even less familiar with only sets you up for failure. Add to this the fact that you lose equity by selling cards, and you pretty much lose a ton of electrum right off the bat by selling an entire deck. Electrum is super tight for new players, so you need to try to squeeze the most value out of your cards.

Jaxly

Re: New newbie quest with an upgraded card as a reward https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=5682.msg63102#msg63102
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 04:17:01 am »
What I'd really like to see is a match off against a definite (not random) named false god. This god would keep appearing until it was beaten. Then a new god would be named and fought against until beaten. An upgrade token could be awarded for each god killed. This would require strategy into picking apart the Gods deck with a suitable counter deck - Pretty enjoyable imo. An upgraded deck wouldn't be needed if a player was using a decent strategy. It would be a suitably difficult quest too, introducing the power of the false gods power along a noticable difficulty ramp. (Think ferox to rainbow)
Finally it would offer a real sense of progression and acheivement to players. When gods appear randomly there is no sense of advancement, a key concept in many games. When you finally beat that God you were stuck on though.. There is a real sense of a challenge you faced and overcame. I reckon that's what most games are about and what is currently lacking in this one.

EDIT: I'd also think it would be really cool if the Oracle gave all the quests, instead of the plain information boxes.
His head beside the text and a little extra personality in the writing and you've got an identifiable character!
When giving the FG quests he could warn you with a brief description of what to expect, turning him into an even more friendly and knowledgeable character in the game.

anything
blarg: