*Author

Offline Lunardian

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Lunardian is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Aether Apprentice
Re: How about some MUSIC? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63873.msg1273749#msg1273749
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 10:16:02 am »
Really enjoying this concept, and the tracks you've made sound great!

Seeing as the current update that's in development is based off of a world map, are you planning on creating tracks for certain parts of the map? (Oracle Plains, Helios Pastures, Nobody's Land, etc.)

Hate to break it to ya but the 'Current Update' has been canceled... Elements isn't receiving anymore updates from what I've been told. Apparently though. Someone is recreating the game, and what not right now.
Aether is the Space, that is open for us to freely explore our limitations, and exceed them. Limitations that were set there, and meant to test us, and what we can do. To prove those that doubt us wrong. That we can be so much more, and that our real limitation, is the one we set ourselves.

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: How about some MUSIC? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63873.msg1273777#msg1273777
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 02:12:57 am »
Really enjoying this concept, and the tracks you've made sound great!

Seeing as the current update that's in development is based off of a world map, are you planning on creating tracks for certain parts of the map? (Oracle Plains, Helios Pastures, Nobody's Land, etc.)

Hate to break it to ya but the 'Current Update' has been canceled... Elements isn't receiving anymore updates from what I've been told. Apparently though. Someone is recreating the game, and what not right now.

Well, I figured that much after being around here longer. I'll have to check out the recreation sometime.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline frog 678

• Reputation Power: 1
  • frog 678 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: How about some MUSIC? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63873.msg1274273#msg1274273
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2018, 11:40:05 pm »
Okay so I get the what the numbers mean and finger placement and all, but what about the weird signs in between?  I am pretty knew to tabs, so I have yet to learn about them or know how to follow along very well.
I'm not sure which signs are weird to you, so I'll just explain them all.
The symbols near the end of the first and second bars are quarter and eighth note rests.
l.r. - - - means let the strings vibrate until the - -| instead of stopping them when you play the next note.
The curved line connecting the numbers in the final chord are called ties. The notes they connect aren't played, they just indicate to hold the notes for the combined value of all the rhythms they join. In this case they connect semiquaver, quaver and crotchet note values, so the chord is held for the duration of all of those combined (7/4 beats).
These things aren't exclusive to tabs, in fact some tabs don't even display rests at all (which makes no sense to me). I chose to include them for clarity.

Hey man. Just wanted to let you know I've finally been practicing.  Thanks so much, the melody of this song is awesome. Once I get it down more would love to send a recording to you over discord or something :). Ty so much

blarg: