*Author

Offline Anothebrother

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Anothebrother is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg81599#msg81599
« on: June 04, 2010, 03:28:09 am »
Holographic Cards!

Most "real-life" card games (as in having cards you can buy in a store and hold in your hands) have "super duper ultra rare HOLOGRAPHIC CARDS!"... what if we added these to elements, where you could get a rare version of a holographic card that was slightly better than a regular (probably cost 1 less quanta and then for things like RoL make it 2/2, for Immo's make it give 1 more  :fire quant, pillars would act like towers and towers would give +2 when first played)...

So how would you obtain these holographic cards? every new account would receive 2 random holographic cards in their chosen element (maybe somehow existing players could get two random ones in a chosen element too)...

additionally, these cards could be won from the new AI7 (which would have to be made) and they would be super-rare because the new AI7 would have 1/4 unupped holographic, 1/4 holographic and 1/2 upped cards...

also, holographic cards COULD be won in t50 (WOULD NOT be relics) because the likelihood that someone would obtain enough of one specific holographic card to make a farm is very unlikely

oh and holographic cards would still count against your 6-card limit and you obviously couldnt buy them at the bazaar

last thing i promise...you could create a 2nd-oracle-type thing (Prophet?) where you could spin and see your next AI7 opponent as well as possibly spin a random holographic card (maybe probability slightly better than nymphs because holographic card could be a deja vu or something which isnt going to help THAT much)

anyways, let me know what you guys think

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg81603#msg81603
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 03:31:41 am »
That's a whole lot of coding for a simple product. Just make alternate art or "foil" cards available to tournament, PvP event, or league winners.

Offline dracomageat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lord of Magnetism... ...Maybe.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg82296#msg82296
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 10:53:42 pm »
I like the idea of foils, it's the one thing I really miss from IRL card games, but more upped cards seems unfair.
Do them the regular way like jmizzle suggests - for showing off purposes only.

b00mc1ap

Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg82748#msg82748
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 01:06:02 pm »
additionally, these cards could be won from the new AI7 (which would have to be made) and they would be super-rare because the new AI7 would have 1/4 unupped holographic, 1/4 holographic and 1/2 upped cards...
I'm kind of confused about this. 1/4 unupped holographic, 1/4 holographic (upped??), and 1/2 upped cards. This means he's 1/2 holographic, 1/2 upped. Is this right?

last thing i promise...you could create a 2nd-oracle-type thing (Prophet?) where you could spin and see your next AI7 opponent as well as possibly spin a random holographic card (maybe probability slightly better than nymphs because holographic card could be a deja vu or something which isnt going to help THAT much)

I don't like the prophet idea because we've already got the oracle. Either add holographic cards to the oracle's "deck" or just dont give them out randomly. The concept of being able to win something once a day is good, but being able to win 2 things per day is too much in my opinion. The oracle is special and everyone looks forward to hang out with him once a day and maybe win something. Making a prophet would disgrace him and the poor lad wouldn't be as important anymore, not giving out holographic cards. He wouldn't be the most important anymore.

So I agree with the holographic card idea, but it'd be hard to come to an agreement on the stats of each item. Since the jump from unupped to upped is not that great, it'd be difficult. Take for example Deflagration. Unupped: 2 fire quanta, Upped: 1 fire quanta. That's it. How do you make a holographic Deflagration?

Maybe make holographic cards better than upped cards and also reduce the chance of obtaining them. Give AI7 3 holographic cards in the whole deck. They can be Deflagration as in parentheses (unupped: 2 fire quanta, upped: 1 fire quanta, holographic: 1 random quanta). They'd be extremely rare and difficult to get. Just like IRL.

Hmm, just a suggestion. Enjoy Zanz ;)

Offline dracomageat

• dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dracomageat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg83184#msg83184
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 09:04:27 pm »
This gives me an idea: holographic cards are colourless (no set element to the cost) versions of existing cards which already cost either 1 or 2 quanta.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg84130#msg84130
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 05:35:43 pm »
I dont like it being used for tournaments, Ive often considered joining a tournament, and havent simply because they happen when Im at work, and when Im off, I dont know my schedule soon enough. I think it would be cool to randomly get them from the oracle though. It would give the oracle more use. Possible dim down the amount of times you get cards (except nymphs) and make the cards you get holographic (and super rare 1/50 chance of getting a holo nymph YEAH!)
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline Svenningen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Svenningen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • bepbop
Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg85631#msg85631
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 08:57:10 am »
I'd rather see real element cards, id buy some!

Offline dracomageat

Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg85887#msg85887
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 06:50:33 pm »
This game is designed to work as an online game. It would not actually work offline.

IStoneI

Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg85978#msg85978
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 08:38:45 pm »
another possiblility would be, that these rare elite versions of normal cards exist, but only a limited number is allowed in each deck.this way, players would have to choose, which elite card they would use.

for example there could be an oty with 0|7. but you could only have it once in your deck and no other elite card.

bojengles77

Re: Holographic Cards! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7441.msg86062#msg86062
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 10:21:58 pm »
another possiblility would be, that these rare elite versions of normal cards exist, but only a limited number is allowed in each deck.this way, players would have to choose, which elite card they would use.

for example there could be an oty with 0|7. but you could only have it once in your deck and no other elite card.
Sounds like a double-upgraded card to me. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the whole idea - I liked shiny holographs when I was 11 and collecting pokemon cards, but it seems out of place in an online game.

anything
blarg: