*Author

Offline GhaladhTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Ghaladh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Restless Element
Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195590#msg1195590
« on: July 05, 2015, 04:30:53 pm »
Poison is an effect that can be applied by 7 cards coming from 4 different elements.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Yet, only one card can eliminate this effect.

Honestly, to me, it doesn't make much sense. If the poison effect is so "common", why the healing from it is not? What I am proposing is to give to Heal the power to heal poison.

Heal is the only healing card that has no secondary effect and Life is one of the elements providing the Poison effect. It makes sense to me. What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:09:17 pm by Ghaladh »

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195594#msg1195594
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 04:40:06 pm »
Dear mate, before starting this kind of post, you should learn a lit bit how to...play.

First, you forgot an important poison card

Second, you forgot that you can be poisoned by other mechanics too, for example poisoning a Voodoo doll with a Parasite.

Third, Purify and Heal aren't the only two cards able to counter poison.

Sanctuary, Miracle, Shard Of Gratitude, Shard of Divinity, Stone Skin and other source of healing (vampire ability - Vampires, Liquid Shadow, Vampire Stiletto), Druidic Staff (and adrenaline on a Druidic Staff), Feral Bond, etc...all these cards are very effective in countering poison.

Last but not least, often the best way to counter a damage (from any source) is...dealing more damage!

;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:42:02 pm by SpikeSpiegel »
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195595#msg1195595
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 04:46:32 pm »

Sanctuary, Miracle, Shard Of Gratitude, Shard of Divinity, Stone Skin and other source of healing (vampire ability - Vampires, Liquid Shadow, Vampire Stiletto), Druidic Staff (and adrenaline on a Druidic Staff), Feral Bond, etc...all these cards are very effective in countering poison.

He never said that Heal also countered poison. He was saying that Purify was the only true counter to poison and that other cards should be able to do that as well.
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195596#msg1195596
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 04:49:11 pm »

He never said that Heal also countered poison. He was saying that Purify was the only true counter to poison and that other cards should be able to do that as well.

And so? Something I've wrote is not correct?

• Restless Element
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195597#msg1195597
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 04:49:25 pm »
Sorry about forgetting an important poison dealing card. I will correct the OP.

However, I wasn't referring to healing in general that, in a way, counters the effects of poison, but I was talking specifically of removing completely the poison counters. As of it now, only purify does that. My reasoning is that since Heal is the only healing card that has no secondary effect, seems the perfect candidate to obtain this power (removing the poison counters).

Regarding the other mechanics to apply poison, it doesn't really matter. It just strengthen my argument. Applying liquid shadow to a Vodoo doll is another way, for instance. I was only considering cards that apply directly the poison effect
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:52:50 pm by Ghaladh »

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195598#msg1195598
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 04:50:39 pm »

Well, that doesn't change what Spike's saying. :/

Healing is a good way to buy some time from poison, and outrushing them can get the poisoned player victory before the poison goes out of hand.

However, I wasn't referring to healing in general that, in a way, counters the effects of poison, but I was talking specifically of removing completely the poison counters. As of it now, only purify does that. My reasoning is that since Heal is the only healing card that has no secondary effect, seems the perfect candidate to obtain this power (removing the poison counters).

Well~ thing is, compared to the other healing cards, it can be said that, Miracle aside, Heal's 'secondary effect' is that it's the most efficient healing per card.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:53:28 pm by Basman-1453 »
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195599#msg1195599
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 04:52:51 pm »

Since there are so many ways to counter poison, I don't see a reason to give a "purify" skill to another spell. But of course, it's just my opinion.

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195600#msg1195600
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 04:59:15 pm »

And so? Something I've wrote is not correct?

Well, I was going to say that your argument doesn't exactly match up with the current point as of it seemed as if he wanted a card that completely removed poison counters.

:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

• Restless Element
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195601#msg1195601
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 05:07:40 pm »
Since there are so many ways to counter poison, I don't see a reason to give a "purify" skill to another spell. But of course, it's just my opinion.
Well~ thing is, compared to the other healing cards, it can be said that, Miracle aside, Heal's 'secondary effect' is that it's the most efficient healing per card.
You both made good points. Anyway, healing is also good enough to counter the presence of creatures, yet you have many other CC options. While my idea is hardly necessary to be implemented, I don't see why not  ;D.

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195602#msg1195602
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 05:12:00 pm »
While my idea is hardly necessary to be implemented, I don't see why not  ;D.
Because this is unneeded. Poison doesn't simply need another counter, as there are already enough (as already mentioned). Also, a 2nd spell just to do the same is boring. Heal is also good as it is.
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195604#msg1195604
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 05:18:46 pm »

What Ginyu said. Why implementing your idea, when we already have tons of ways to counter poison? And above all, do you really think the global metagame will be affected so hard by adding purify skill to Heal/Improved Heal spell?

PS: There should be another topic related to this, that purify is the only card that can remove SoSa status; I'd understand better a request on this mechanics rather than the poison one. But here too there are several ways to counter SoSa...

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Healing from poison https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58809.msg1195606#msg1195606
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 05:25:14 pm »
PS: There should be another topic related to this, that purify is the only card that can remove SoSa status; I'd understand better a request on this mechanics rather than the poison one. But here too there are several ways to counter SoSa...

(Description added)
... because SoSa isn't encountered much in lower-level Arena and none of Level 0-4 and FGs play SoSa, the question rarely arises, I assume. :/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:27:44 pm by Basman-1453 »
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

blarg: