*Author

Active members:
EvaRia(1) BluePriest(1) rowcla(1) Xenocidius(1) 10 men(1) ffun(1) The_Mormegil(1) lynx655(1) Malebolgia(1) macgawel(1) UserClone(1) petersenk(1) Dengeki(1) Jappert(1) Firenotes(1) zzz124(1) Daguerreo(1) black rat(1) axel1989(1) pulli23(1) Schlonz(1) Soulshader(1) n00b(1) bogtro(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) justaburd(1) Tetti(1) Assassine(1) TIO(1) pedzacyzolw(1) Erlemar(1) Joe21(1) Appawesome(1) thispersonisagenius(1) Remidety(1) Fortis(1) Rainchild(1) sinyor(1) Kopiano(1) meowww(1) Cheesy111(1) PlayerOa(1) rickerd(1) Aphrael(1) Finale(1) Cardplayer(1) Odii Odsen(1) skotadi phobos(1) shileka(1) Zarathustra1883(1) ElementalDearWatson(1) Fippe94(1) Heric the Dark Lord(1) Foraker(1) traceurling(1) mafidufa(1) Theboss1248(1) ColorlessGreen(1) bluethousandand2(1) Eagleon(1) irraka(1) djdj24(1) bob8willie(1) jarozaoz(1) Leodip(1) Aneninen(1) StreptoFire(1) kirbylover314(1) deathreign3(1) AP579(1) Manuel(1) DrunkDestroyer(2) Rutarete(2) Sevs(2) ddevans96(2) TheForbiddenOracle(2) Evan20000(2) Elsy(2) willng3(2) Taglio(2) Aves(2) waterzx(2) qwas296(2) Oshawd(2) Absol(2) molson111(2) shadow303(2) blarp(2) Drake_XIV(2) moehrpi(2) TribalTrouble(2) dawn to dusk(2) UndeadSpider1990(2) Higurashi(2) Jenkar(3) DarknessDemon(3) mycale(3) Avenger(3) Shylderidh(3) jacker(3) Bloom(3) choongmyoung(3) fbparis(4) Elbirn(4) mesaprotector(4) Wizy(4) burpcow(4) FIQ(4) asiantraceur(4) Rainbowninja(4) AvusXIV(4) destruct(4) Frozengaia(4) calindu(5) Brontos(5) FSK(5) ponnuki(5) Laxadarap(5) Arwulf(5) guillotinement(5) Narukta(5) ninetyfools(6) Eleahen(6) Zergva(6) I8SumOrangesNItWasK(7) Gandora(7) bored_ninja777(8) CuCN(8) Annele(9) whatifidogetcaught?(10) eaglgenes101(10) Tirear(10) kimham8a(11) andretimpa(11) Belligerence(12) THEACCUSO(12) jumpingbeans(13) Pella(15) Chapuz(16) Elite Arbiter(19) russianspy1234(32) dragonsdemesne(38) furballdn(39)

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg392958#msg392958
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 02:01:12 pm »
The whole priority system could be improved. I remember Higurashi suggesting a better one somewhere. A definite improvement would be to use all buffs as first action in a turn (takes care of PU and Devour issues, for instance, as well as Dive issues). Also, playing Hasten before other abilities is sometimes more useful too. Finally, some better targeting method when Rays of Light and Hope are up (it's ok having a higher priority for RoLs, but I mean, Twin Universe targeting them over a 40ish attack creature?).
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg395304#msg395304
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 03:05:45 am »
Something that i noticed when playing ai3. When i have a phoenix out vsing the rage potion and voodoo deck. It will wait until i play a lava golem to rage pot it. And it wont rage potion my phoenixs or photons or anything like that. I only have phoenixs photons and lava golems. I had 5 phoenixs out and it waited until i played a lava golem before he played  a rage potion.

I also think that when it has a voodoo it should rage pot his voodoo rather then rage potting a lava golem...

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg395332#msg395332
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 03:54:34 am »
AI fails I've encountered and can remember off the top of my head were quinting a spark, and burrowing all its shriekers when it could've killed me (by burrowing all of them, I was able to survive and win)

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg400646#msg400646
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 02:40:15 pm »
AI will fractal Minor Ash when it has both Minor Ash and Minor Phoenix on the field
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

Offline bored_ninja777

• Reputation Power: 13
  • bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg403529#msg403529
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 06:04:18 pm »
I dont have screenshots but I have encountered AI playing dumb way too often. many have been mentioned already.
Heres some i can think of off the top of my head:

Similar to switching shields.. like putting up ice shield then replacing with bonewall or vice a versa..The AI switches weapons like they are candy. If they are going to switch the weapon, some way of checking if its right? seen them switch out an eternity for something else when they had very few cards left in the deck and that was only way i was going to win was by their deck out. Also when switching them out at least have them use the ability? return my creature with eternity, use eagle eye,  destroy with punisher, etc. Also noticed with Dirk the AI will play dirk on top of a dirk which is dumb. hold on to the weapon in case of PC.

fractal targets are just wonky. sometimes they will pick my 2/2 skeleton over the phoenix.. this happens a lot vs the false god.

use of black hole ability with nymph and the black hole.. if i have 0 quanta ive seen the AI use it anyway. idk if this is intended or not.

Targets of explosion have been strange..ive seen AI use explosion on a weapon over my sanctuary when the AI obviously needs to use nightmare on their GOTP. Also destroying weapons or hourglass over a shield that is killing their creatures.

Using nightmare when i have only 1 card slot and/or  plenty of time quanta. i can understand using it when i have 1 slot left to jam my hand but not if i have quanta to play them.

using bolts/lances of any kind as CC instead of killing me.. sometimes leads me to win due to not dying. 

*edit
Also the use of abilities is not done properly. The AI will not use quanta if it is say <5 of the element that the ability goes with. Instead of destroying my pillars/pend. or any other item i have out, they wait a turn or 2 to try and get more quanta before using abilities. waiting like that has led me to win/destroy w/e permanent or creature that could destroy my things before they acquire enough quanta to use abilities. If it is worth using the AI should just use it instead of waiting.
~McPasty was here~

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg403806#msg403806
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 02:27:16 am »
Shockwaving, congealing, then shockwaving one of my abyss crawlers.

Offline bored_ninja777

• bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bored_ninja777 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg405453#msg405453
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 07:19:46 pm »
Just had this happen.. I played hope after i played ROL just to prevent 1 damage from each creature.. if the AI would have eaten my ROL i would have lost.. instead it was left there and i won by AI deckout. Ai was eating anything i put out and then started eating its own scarabs but then magically stopped at this 1 point.. just to let me live?
[img=http://imageplay.net/m7Gbd229627/Ai3fail_thumb.jpg][/img] (http://imageplay.net/view/m7Gbd229627/Ai3fail)
~McPasty was here~

lynx655

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg405570#msg405570
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 10:39:57 pm »
Lionheart quints everything on his field, even though he needs creatures to bounce. (He draws heavily and indiscriminately as well.)

Well, thanks for the EM...

Offline bored_ninja777

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg406637#msg406637
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 08:17:22 pm »
not sure if its mentioned but AI just used brimstone fireeater + heavy armor + immolation.. played another fireeater + immolation.. waste of a buff much?
~McPasty was here~

Offline bored_ninja777

Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg408258#msg408258
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »
one i just came across in arena.. 2 deja vus who havent used their skill yet.. and 2 ROL.. then plays luciferace to heal 10 hp when start of game and has full hp?all creatures have a skill AND 2 of them already produce :light. just another wasted card.
~McPasty was here~

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg408439#msg408439
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 04:19:56 am »
Explain why the AI decides to play multiple weapons/shields in a turn? I've seen times when they'd play a druidic staff, then immediately switch it with a discord, or play 4 dirks on the first turn. Really?

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: AI Improvements https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30783.msg409286#msg409286
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 10:16:19 pm »
Ai plays stone skin when it grants +0 hp (consumed all)
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

blarg: