*Author

Jaxly

Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg367590#msg367590
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 11:14:17 pm »
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.
Apologies

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg367676#msg367676
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 03:41:09 am »
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.
Apologies
You did not offend.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg367714#msg367714
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 05:52:15 am »
Puffer Fish: give passive ability to become 'ranged': I don't think it jumps on you to infect.

Quote from: Kuroaitou
The Toadfish can shoot a nasty barb at a creature (Inflate) with one poison counter provided a little quanta, which often serves as a slow but nifty form of CC for the Water element. Puffer Fish instead ignores dealing with creatures, and applies the poison directly to the player upon a successful attack.
At least that's how I imagine.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline MarvaddinTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg367865#msg367865
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 02:19:00 pm »
About these:
- Poison change is worthy suggesting, but this is not a card change.  ::)
- Gravity Pull: let me see if I understand it well before including in the list. Im poisoned, then if I use Gravity Pull on one creature (mine or my opponent's), Im no more poisoned, and the poison counters are moved to that creature?
How is changing the time poison comes into effect not a card change?

What I mean by my suggestion for gravity pull is that if a creature with venom attacks a creature with gravity pull, then the creature with gravity pull with be poisoned.
Changing time poison comes into effect is more like changing a game mechanics, it will in fact affect several cards: Puffer Fish, Arsenic, Physalia, Poison (Catapult + poisoned creatures... etc).

I suppose the gravity pull change is already in post #1 (I suggested it in thread start). If your suggestion is different, please explain.

Also, I think that fate egg should be added back into the list of creatures that can be generated by mutation
Is there a reason to this? Because I think an egg usually dont fit the theme of the skills. Egg with endow? lol. But I agree there is no reason for Devonian Dragon and Immortal not being in the list.

Change upped sundial to cost one time quanta to play and no light quanta to draw a card.
At the moment it messes with your mulligan chance so its normally better to leave it unupped.
I'd suggest making it cost 1 generic quanta. Doesn't screw up Auto-Mulligan but still works in decks without time.
Give devonian dragon ability : Lay fate egg
All dragons are vanilla creatures, with the possible exception of Phase Dragon (it doesn't really have an ability, more a status). They should stay that way.
The reason for Phase Dragon having immortal is no other than how easy was to aether to produce low cost dragons using PU. Dragons are really intended to be vanillas. But I took note of the suggestion, its interesting. However, I would Like a new card created with this skill.

Sundial at no cost to draw? And eliminate the time - light interaction? I doubt this will happen. But changing Sundial cost from 0 to 1 is something I would like :D

Little card changes can mean anything. Costs included.

There needs to be a standard for all the card texts. All the freeze effects should just  called "freeze", with a number after them to denote duration. Congeal is essentially the same as freeze, and redundant.

Discord needs more detail. Scramble quanta? Scramble how many quanta?
For cost changes, please use the "buff card" or "nerf card" section.

Congeal is just the card name, its text uses "freeze target creature for 4 turns". Its already freeze with a number, lol. I think the card name is ok to be different, dont you?

Took note of Discord suggestion :)

Good suggestions! Lets continue it :D

Ashebrethafe

Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg367954#msg367954
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 06:29:10 pm »
Congeal is just the card name, its text uses "freeze target creature for 4 turns". Its already freeze with a number, lol. I think the card name is ok to be different, dont you?
It's not just the card name -- Arctic Octopus's ability is listed as "Congeal the target creature," and a player wouldn't necessarily see a Congeal card before they saw an Arctic Octopus card. There's enough room to write "Freeze the target creature for 3 turns" on the Squid and "Freeze the target creature for 4 turns" on the Octopus.

davidy22

Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg368164#msg368164
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 03:35:55 am »
Chrysora 's text says inflict 1 poison damage, but does not specify the target. Does this means I can kill towers with this ability too?

And congeal is essentially freeze with a fancy name. Why confuse people?

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg368171#msg368171
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 03:53:01 am »
Congeal is the Upgraded Freeze Spell. Arctic Squid|Octopus casts the Freeze|Congeal spell. That is why. Should it be?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

davidy22

Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg368257#msg368257
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 10:42:34 am »
Congeal is the Upgraded Freeze Spell. Arctic Squid|Octopus casts the Freeze|Congeal spell. That is why. Should it be?
Congealed creatures still get instakilled by shockwave, even though shockwave only states that it shatters frozen creatures. It's the same ability, with a different duration.

Shatter needs to changed to killed. It isn't immediately clear that it's and instakill.

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg368265#msg368265
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 11:13:16 am »
Congealed creatures still get instakilled by shockwave, even though shockwave only states that it shatters frozen creatures. It's the same ability, with a different duration.

Shatter needs to changed to killed. It isn't immediately clear that it's and instakill.
Both Freeze and Congeal cause the target to enter a frozen status. It's not the card that matters, when determining Shockwave. It's the current status of the creature. Congeal is simply putting a creature under a status for a longer duration.
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg368279#msg368279
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 12:31:38 pm »
One thing I've thought of: Owl's Eye being able to target the opponent's HP directly.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg368470#msg368470
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 09:32:33 pm »
Changing time poison comes into effect is more like changing a game mechanics, it will in fact affect several cards: Puffer Fish, Arsenic, Physalia, Poison (Catapult + poisoned creatures... etc).

I suppose the gravity pull change is already in post #1 (I suggested it in thread start). If your suggestion is different, please explain.
You asked for card changes, what I suggested for poison changes cards.

What you suggested for gravity pull was different in the original post. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered saying that.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

davidy22

Re: A Topic to suggest little card changes. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28533.msg368656#msg368656
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 03:30:24 am »

Both Freeze and Congeal cause the target to enter a frozen status. It's not the card that matters, when determining Shockwave. It's the current status of the creature. Congeal is simply putting a creature under a status for a longer duration.
But nowhere on the congeal effect does it say congeal is equivalent to a 4 turn freeze. Yet congeal behaves like one, which makes cards like shockwave confused and ambiguous

anything
blarg: