*Author

Offline xray1324Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 6
  • xray1324 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Xray1324, IGN: ElementalNinja.
6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178398#msg1178398
« on: February 04, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »
It'd make nymphs a bit more easier to get :P

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178399#msg1178399
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 08:49:28 pm »
Not a good idea because relics are the easiest thing to get in mass from farms

A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline xray1324Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 6
  • xray1324 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Xray1324, IGN: ElementalNinja.
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178400#msg1178400
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:52:45 pm »
relics are not easy to get, they are rares. maybe in gold+plat, but nymphs would not be regularly found in bronze+silver.

Offline Treldon

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Treldon is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do I have to?
  • Awards: 1st Place WC Winner: October 20152nd place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Solved the Ruby Mansion MurderSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeGold Donor
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178402#msg1178402
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:11:43 pm »
relics are not easy to get, they are rares. maybe in gold+plat, but nymphs would not be regularly found in bronze+silver.

What CR meant that if one were to make a deck full of nymphs for farming reason, whoever beat that deck would have a guaranteed 3 relic per win
The one with answerable questions and questionable answers

10th Elements Council member == Brawl #4 :life Meaning of Life :life Artist == Brawl #5 :chroma A Toadally Newtral Team :chroma Artist

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178408#msg1178408
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 10:44:29 pm »
Currently for a relic farm I could make it 19 nymphs and 6 relics, for 25 relics. If I put pillars, that have a lesser chance to be spun in the spinner, a person grinding relics off me would have a near 85% rate of getting 3 relics per win. Which they can turn into nymphs. Finally when they get 24 total nymphs and 6 relics, they farm me relics until both of us now have every nymph in the game.
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178501#msg1178501
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 02:45:38 pm »
Well, let's calculate how efficient that is, eh?
Assuming six of every nymph, so 24 by 6 (6 upped, 6 unupped) = 144. So that's the number of nymphs we need.
Now multiply it by six, because we need six relics to get a nymph = 864.
Then multiply it by ten, because we have a 1 in 10 chance of getting a nymph by trading in six relics = 8640. 8640 relics are needed.

You gain 3 relics a win (Assuming you have 30 nymphs, which I question... A lot.), So divide 8640 and round up to get the approximate umber of games needed = 2880.

How many games have I played in my entire elements career? 3090. (I'm a bit casual, I'll admit.)

So... I question the actual efficiency of farming this way.
But hey, who knows? If we wanted to, we could factor in the average seconds to win against an AI, and connecting via pvp2, and then have an approximate number of seconds needed, which we can convert into hours (Should be more than a day.)

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178503#msg1178503
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 02:54:07 pm »
If you play vs. an opponent which doesn't play cards with a super rush (immobow seems most consistent for this), you take ~5 turns per win. So a game approx. per 1.5 Minutes (at most). 40 games an hour, so 72 hours needed.

Eh, maybe.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178505#msg1178505
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 02:55:20 pm »
Well, let's calculate how efficient that is, eh?
Assuming six of every nymph, so 24 by 6 (6 upped, 6 unupped) = 144. So that's the number of nymphs we need.
Now multiply it by six, because we need six relics to get a nymph = 864.
Then multiply it by ten, because we have a 1 in 10 chance of getting a nymph by trading in six relics = 8640. 8640 relics are needed.

You gain 3 relics a win (Assuming you have 30 nymphs, which I question... A lot.), So divide 8640 and round up to get the approximate umber of games needed = 2880.

How many games have I played in my entire elements career? 3090. (I'm a bit casual, I'll admit.)

So... I question the actual efficiency of farming this way.
But hey, who knows? If we wanted to, we could factor in the average seconds to win against an AI, and connecting via pvp2, and then have an approximate number of seconds needed, which we can convert into hours (Should be more than a day.)

This is a nice calculation of how much effort (#games) it would take to get all nymphs this way. However this has nothing to do with efficiency. To get a sense of efficiency, why don't you compare it to how long it takes the get all the nymphs from the Oracle ? You still need to get the same number of nymphs, but the chance to get one from the Oracle is much lower than 1/10, and you can only visit Oracle once a day but you can play hundreds of farm-games a day. I venture a wild guess that it is many thousands of times more efficient to farm based on the OP suggestion than to get them from the Oracle.

Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178506#msg1178506
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 02:58:08 pm »
Yep, good idea for me!
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178507#msg1178507
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 03:02:55 pm »
This is a nice calculation of how much effort (#games) it would take to get all nymphs this way. However this has nothing to do with efficiency. To get a sense of efficiency, why don't you compare it to how long it takes the get all the nymphs from the Oracle ? You still need to get the same number of nymphs, but the chance to get one from the Oracle is much lower than 1/10, and you can only visit Oracle once a day but you can play hundreds of farm-games a day. I venture a wild guess that it is many thousands of times more efficient to farm based on the OP suggestion than to get them from the Oracle.

I'm not even going to try and calculate the effort needed to get it from the oracle.
But yes, that is a very good point.

Although, I would say that, frankly, the current method of getting nymphs is too difficult, especially considering just how much of an effect some (*Stares at the air nymph, purple nymph, and time nymph*) can have.

...And I didn't even factor in getting nymphs you don't need. x.x

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178513#msg1178513
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 03:33:27 pm »
Off some quick calculations, there's a 0.031836735 probability of getting a nymph from the Oracle. This equals 1 nymph every 31.41025641 days. If 6 relics gave you a 10% chance of a nymph, that's a nymph every half an hour. Even if you did only 1 farm match every day, you have better efficiency than Oracle. As a casual, you should be able to do 15 minutes a day, which is 15.70512821 times more efficient than oracle. If you're a zombie grinder and farm for 2 hours a day, that's 125.6410256 times the efficiency of Oracle.

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Devourer

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Devourer is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • 2Kool4U
Re: 6 relics for a 1/10 chance of getting a random nymph = good idea? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57534.msg1178537#msg1178537
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 11:46:54 pm »
Nymphs are Ultra Rare for a reason. They aren't especially useful in general gameplay due to their rarity, and are displayed mostly as a trophy.  Flooding Elements with Nymphs is, IMO, a bad idea.
There is a darkness inside every person. The only difference is how long it takes to come out.

blarg: