Poll

What are, in your opinion, the 5 most important things Elements needs after its last patch?

More low level PvE content
More medium level PvE content
More high level PvE content
Newbie-helping PvE content
Endgame PvE content
More PvP content
New PvP Duel features and options, such as FG Mode or an HP bar
More Quests, possibly daily
Achievements
RPG elements (pets, levelling up mark or skills, perks...)
In-game PvP ranking system
Bug fixes (general)
Bug fixes (desync / timeout)
More balance between elements
More balanced shards
Converting shards into elemental cards
Improved AI
Visual improvements or GUI changes
Game log
PvP Duel deck code log
Improved Spectate feature
More cards
Less Arena uniformity
More ways to gain rare cards
More frequent updates
Faster game speed at lowest quality

*Author

Offline The_MormegilTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
[POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg525878#msg525878
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:16:07 pm »
The objective of this thread is to find what the player base wants the most every patch. The poll will run starting from now until the next patch is introduced - then it will be reset. The above are simply some of the ideas I've seen floating around in the boards, but it is possible to ADD ANSWERS: just post in this thread, pester me or somebody else with the right privileges to change the poll, and you'll have your new answer up as soon as possible!
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg525900#msg525900
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:56:21 pm »
PvP Duel options, because I have suggested that.
Shards balance, because they need some.
Quests would be a good idea, and zanz presented ideas for rewards.
Better spec mode to enjoy pvp duels more (e.g. tournament, war, league)

To new options: I think they should only be added after a reset, because otherwise, players could get a wrong idea of what is requested by the comunity and what not.
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline Shantu

• Reputation Power: 21
  • Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Shantu is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • In high orbit
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeMaster Duelist - Winner of the Duels of Honor PvP Event6th Trials - Master of DeathThe 1st Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House Cup1st Champion of The ColosseumWeekly Tournament WinnerParolee of the 1st Prisoners DilemmaSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg525901#msg525901
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:56:40 pm »
I'd probably add something along the lines of "In-game community link".
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:58:14 pm by Shantu »

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg525902#msg525902
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 05:58:02 pm »
There´s a "secret" link on the redeem code page.
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg525916#msg525916
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 06:22:29 pm »
Endgame PvE content. I'm probably just being selfish here though.
More quests. YES.
Achievements. YES.
RPG elements. MORE UPGRADES.
Less arena uniformity. DOWN WITH GHOSTMARE.

Offline Thurhame

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Thurhame is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg525917#msg525917
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 06:26:23 pm »
RPG elements.

I play this because it ISN'T an RPG.

Offline Absol

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Absol is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Consectetur Adipiscing Elit
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg525922#msg525922
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 06:29:52 pm »
1. Balance the shards and 2. Make them in-element. Down with Mono Other, they are not even supposed to be possible.
3. Bug fixes and 4. Daily quests are important.
And 5. Improved spectate. Smoother animation so people can know what goes poof how, integrate it in game client.
"Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain."

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg525923#msg525923
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 06:31:03 pm »
I voted for these five, though I could have picked 7 or 8 of them:

1 Endgame PvE content
2 More PvP content
3 More Quests, possibly daily
4 More balanced shards
5 More ways to gain rare cards

Honourable mentions (almost voted for these)
6 Improved AI
7 Achievements
8 RPG elements (pets, levelling up mark or skills, perks...)

1) I've been playing this game since March 2011.  I've had a lot of fun with it.  However, a month or so ago I finally completed my set of cards other than nymphs/marks, and so I have a lot less incentive to play, now, because I have nothing to really work towards.  Typically now I will play my 3 oracle pet matches, my false god prediction, look for league games, but usually that's about it, now.  Occasionally I'll still play plat arena or FGs using silly decks, since I no longer care if I lose score or electrum, but that's not frequently.  If there were, for example, a higher AI level than FG or plat arena, I'd play that, even if it had no rewards.  (of course, rewards are good, too, but I'd just be looking for a challenge)

2) PvP right now consists of 3 options, pvp1, pvp2, and duel.  PvP1/2 mostly consist of newer players, and I don't find it fun to EM some guy's unupped monolife starter deck in pvp2 who's played maybe a few dozen games total with my fully upped speedbow, for instance.  Duel requires that you go to chat and set something up, though that usually means the quality of game improves, either because you can agree beforehand on certain house rules, or because you can pick your opponents, and so on.  It also increases the amount of time it takes to set up.  Also, while we do have PvP events on the forum, we have no in-game supported events of any kind.  Other CCG games, for instance, have in-game supported tournament systems, so that any time you can get the minimum # of players together, you can set up and play a tournament hosted by the system itself.

3) This would be great.  Right now, I primarily play two CCGs online (elements being one of them).  The other one, which I will not name for competitive reasons, has two daily quests every day.  You will notice after awhile that they repeat, with minor variations, once you've been around for a month or so, but there's still something.  In that game, they serve primarily as a way to get in-game currency, so the analog to Elements would be an electrum bonus for beating them.  Daily quests could even be used as an indirect sort of tutorial.  For example, you could customize the AI quite a bit for such things.  Maybe you could create an opponent with insane hp, like 300-400, but that has a very very slow deck, and the player would have to try and figure out what deck beats that best.  Or maybe there's another deck with something like a 5x mark and triple draw and tons of removal/control but it's only got 50 hp, so a really quick rush or difficult to counter strategies like quints or whatever might work, and so newbies (and veterans) would be required to figure out how to beat them.  Of course, there's other ways it could be done (maybe they only get a certain number of attempts at the quest before failing) and the possibilities are nearly endless, but it requires a lot of thought to be put into the quests beforehand.

4) Several of the shards are fairly balanced.  Focus and Sacrifice are widely considered to be too strong, however.  I'd argue that those two are way beyond overpowered.  Some of the others are quite strong, and borderline OP.  Others like void, gratitude, divinity, and readiness are fine, although spamming readiness on a time creature shouldn't act like it does.  (or else the card text needs to change to match ingame behaviour, but if it behaved as written, it would be better)

5) This kinda goes with other stuff mentioned, but having other quests, etc, to obtain rares or even nymphs would be great.  Also, in future, other rare sets could be created that are only quest-winnable.  For instance, Zanz could create a rare shield set, which aren't won via oracle or spins, but can be won through quests.

6) A smarter AI would be nice, but it's extremely hard to code a smart AI, even for a simple game like this.  I'd rather see easy ways to just make the AI harder, like more hp, draws, pets, etc, and focus on the first five things.

7) Achievements would be fun, but not necessary.  We can, after all, set our own unwritten goals and try to achieve those.  (beat 20 FGs in a row, gain 10k score in a day, etc)

8) Pets/perks/etc would be great, but unless we have more pve/pvp and other content like that first, all we're doing is making the game easier.  If we add more tools to win games, we need more difficult situations in which we find those tools aren't enough to win games.  Therefore, other endgame stuff needs to come first, otherwise we'll be running things like Instosis with trial reward: ban black hole/pest to farm :p

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg528041#msg528041
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 09:31:41 pm »
Endgame PvE content. I'm probably just being selfish here though.
More quests. YES.
Achievements. YES.
RPG elements. MORE UPGRADES.
Less arena uniformity. DOWN WITH GHOSTMARE.
No, I agree, more endgame PvE would help keep interest of long time players.
As would more quests achievements, and "RPG".
The game play itself is awesome and addictive, but its always good to have something to strive for after you've finished collecting and upgrading a full set of cards.
That brings me to another point, if acheivements are implemented it would be cool to have a way to look up friends / other players and see what they accomplished. Human beings are social animals after all... just look at facebook.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg542385#msg542385
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 11:26:19 pm »
Is this the new poll?  Why is the old poll still a sticky?  I want an option for more frequent updates.

Also, I think the thing this game needs most is a new challenge for players that have "finished" the game.  Here's my idea:

Demi-Gods
You must defeat 5 FG in a row to unlock the Demi-God button.
Doing so allows you to buff yourself enough to stand a chance (you get temporary FG stats of bonus draws & marks).
Demi-Gods are crazy hard.
Beating a Demi-Gods gives a chance to win foil cards.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg542387#msg542387
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 11:29:05 pm »
Is this the new poll?  Why is the old poll still a sticky?  I want an option for more frequent updates.

Also, I think the thing this game needs most is a new challenge for players that have "finished" the game.  Here's my idea:

Demi-Gods
Doing so allows you to buff yourself enough to stand a chance (you get temporary FG stats of bonus draws & marks).
Half > False? Okay. 5 in a row? Easily done with instosis or sosac dials. Foil cards? I thought those should only be available via donation.

Offline The_MormegilTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1000054#msg1000054
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 09:02:14 am »

Demi-Gods

I'll add the first one (*cough*and vote for it*cough*) but the second is "a take" on more endgame PvE content, so I'll leave the option there. Please feel free to keep the discussion flowing and I'll do my best to keep up with it.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

blarg: