Poll

What are, in your opinion, the 5 most important things Elements needs after its last patch?

More low level PvE content
More medium level PvE content
More high level PvE content
Newbie-helping PvE content
Endgame PvE content
More PvP content
New PvP Duel features and options, such as FG Mode or an HP bar
More Quests, possibly daily
Achievements
RPG elements (pets, levelling up mark or skills, perks...)
In-game PvP ranking system
Bug fixes (general)
Bug fixes (desync / timeout)
More balance between elements
More balanced shards
Converting shards into elemental cards
Improved AI
Visual improvements or GUI changes
Game log
PvP Duel deck code log
Improved Spectate feature
More cards
Less Arena uniformity
More ways to gain rare cards
More frequent updates
Faster game speed at lowest quality

*Author

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1184365#msg1184365
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2015, 01:46:27 am »
1) Zanz returning
2) Zanz returning
3) Zanz returning
4) Zanz returning
5) Zanz returning

459) Zanz returning
460) Zanz returning
461) Zanz returning
462) Zanz returning
463) Zanz returning
At this rate, the 9001st one will still be Zanz returning.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline Pkmn31337

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Pkmn31337 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sombres..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1185923#msg1185923
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 06:52:00 am »
Well, considering the context...nothing is more important than having someone to develop. Other than that, better pve for the faint of heart when it comes to grinding, things like daily quests, etc.

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1185925#msg1185925
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 07:18:45 am »
1. More PvP Content
PvP as of right now is the most straight-forward PvP in a game I have ever seen in my life. Click a button. Find an opponent. Fight against the opponent using the deck you built beforehand. There is no type of surprising aspect or twist in PvP to give any kind of excitement to the player whatsoever. On top of that, the meta-game of Elements is fairly predictable due to the lack of updates and therefore, PvP (in my opinion) as become a predictable and boring atmosphere. I personally can't stand this. We need some time of new PvP innovation. My suggestion is that similar to For Fun and For Glory (SSB4), we make PvP 1 a serious atmosphere with no restrictions for those players that just want to PvP legitimately with no extra drawbacks (For Glory) and we make PvP 2 a more "lighthearted" atmosphere by adding daily twists to the meta-game, similar to the weekly tourney. For example, on one day, duels in PvP 2 could be limited to decks that carry six or less pillars. Players would be forced to adjust their deckbuilding to play in PvP 2, varying the meta-game drastically. This would be a type of change in the PvP system that Elements could use right now in my opinion.

2. PvP Duel Features
Currently, PvP Duel is just PvP 2 without rewards. We should be able to do more in PvP Duel. Right after we find an opponent, in my opinion, we should be brought to a menu where we can change the settings of the duel (including the health of both players, mark power, draw speed, deck size limit (30-60), banned cards, etc.). This would allow people to actually mess around with duels.

I would even go so far as to say we should include a feature in PvP Duels that allow both players to set which cards come out on which draw. With this, bad draws won't make the difference in the outcome of the game. An entirely new dynamic to the game would be added. What part of your strategy did you make come out first? Did your strategy counter your opponent's strategy when his came out? Maybe you pack all of your creatures into the first ten draws, but your opponent packed all of his CC into the first ten draws. It'd be a completely new story if you could determine which cards came out on which draws. We need features like this in PvP Duel.

3. More Quests
The starting quests are okay, but I'd just like more quests in general. More quests gives me something to do rather than waste my time idly grinding AI. More of an opportunity to get cards that I would normally have to wait for the oracle to give me. Just adds something new to the game.

4. RPG Elements
Basically, Elements just needs new content in my opinion, and giving it aspects of an RPG isn't such a bad idea. It'd be a new view on Elements and a new system altogether. It wouldn't be a bad thing for those people just starting the game and veterans would probably be able to get used to the game fairly quickly. A stats system and leveling up sound pretty good to me.

5. GUI Improvements/ Visual Changes
Elements hasn't changed its theme one bit since it first came out. It's gotta go. A new font or color or something. It's gotta go.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:23:46 am by iDaire »

Offline Falconian

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Falconian is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Blessed Vampire
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1197668#msg1197668
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2015, 12:01:50 pm »
I'd be fine with decent server connectivity.
Sometimes I synch with my friends to pvp in PVP2 and we can't find each other, have to wait for 10 minutes.
The server is so slow even during the game, each turn takes 30+ sec even if the other person takes 5 to turn.
I checked the ping it's like 700+, unacceptable considering there is almost nobody in pvp.

You should change your hoster, it sucks.
Pretty sure you can find many better servers.

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1197670#msg1197670
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2015, 12:05:33 pm »
If you want to catch your friend, you can simply go to PvP Duel. It usually doesn't take long to find, unless one of the player's internet provider is slow. PvP 1 and 2 try to connect people with similar score, maybe that is the reason it takes so long for you?
Otherwise, we can be really lucky to still have servers. A small sign that zanz still cares about this game, even if it's just that.
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

blarg: