Poll

What are, in your opinion, the 5 most important things Elements needs after its last patch?

More low level PvE content
More medium level PvE content
More high level PvE content
Newbie-helping PvE content
Endgame PvE content
More PvP content
New PvP Duel features and options, such as FG Mode or an HP bar
More Quests, possibly daily
Achievements
RPG elements (pets, levelling up mark or skills, perks...)
In-game PvP ranking system
Bug fixes (general)
Bug fixes (desync / timeout)
More balance between elements
More balanced shards
Converting shards into elemental cards
Improved AI
Visual improvements or GUI changes
Game log
PvP Duel deck code log
Improved Spectate feature
More cards
Less Arena uniformity
More ways to gain rare cards
More frequent updates
Faster game speed at lowest quality

*Author

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1000057#msg1000057
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 09:20:54 am »
Faster game speed at lowest quality.

Offline plastiqe

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1000085#msg1000085
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 01:08:00 pm »
I'll add the first one (*cough*and vote for it*cough*) but the second is "a take" on more endgame PvE content, so I'll leave the option there. Please feel free to keep the discussion flowing and I'll do my best to keep up with it.
Yeah Demi-Gods is just an idea to fulfill something I see lacking in Elements (max level players have nothing to do).  I would not put a Demi-Gods option in the poll because it just falls under Endgame.  Diablo II did the same sort of thing, even though it was 10 years later they were still able to expand on the endgame with rare, extra levels.

About the poll.  I do not like how it is set up having a bunch of options that say More this.  Some are basically the same option and others are too easy to vote for without reading the thread.  On the original poll we had "More cards" as an option at first, but it was the perrenial winner every time, cause who doesn't want more cards?  Who doesn't want general bug fixes? 

I think More Cards could be its own poll unto itself.  Like a Which Type Of Card Would You Like In The Next Patch? and then have options like Anti-CC Life card or Trio support card.

As long as The_Mormegil is going to keep it updated we should have broad categories to vote for in the polls, and then in the original post he could go into more detail on each option.  Also if you're going to update the poll after each patch, include the patch number for the current poll somewhere.

Lastly, I am in favour of balancing shards (read: nerfing hardcore) but I really don't want to see any more shards added to the game, even if they are More balanced shards.

Here's my take on poll options.  Instead of trying to explain everything in the poll I would have broad categories and then explain each one in the original post.
Improve Game Intro
Pvp Content
Endgame Content
Daily Quests
More Arena Variety
Improve Game Performance/GUI
More Frequent Updates
Rebalance Shards
Improve Spectate
Game Log
Desync/Timeout fix
Expand PvP Duel Options
Achievments
RPG Elements
Improve Inter-Element Balance

And then list some options for each poll category in the first post.  Eg:

Rebalance Shards
- add more balanced shards.
- fix current OP shards.
- make them cards of their element.
- remove all shards except Upped Gratitude and Upped Divinity and make the game like it was back in 2010 except with lasers.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:25:58 pm by plastiqe »

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1000202#msg1000202
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:04 pm »
Wait a minute.. I can't remove vote to re-do it o.O

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1000222#msg1000222
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 09:22:42 pm »
Wait a minute.. I can't remove vote to re-do it o.O
It's a side effect of editing a poll to add more options.

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1025047#msg1025047
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 06:29:45 pm »
Instead of demi-god, it could be called Titan perhaps?
8x draw
5x nova mark
500 hp
Has shards
Deck is 100% random (so towers/pendulums are rare for it to draw) (lvl0 majorly buffed)
Hey there

Offline whateveruloveur

• Reputation Power: 1
  • whateveruloveur is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1081340#msg1081340
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 08:37:17 am »
Converting shards into elemental cards... what would this mean exactly? Isn't this sort of already the case?

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1081346#msg1081346
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 09:27:49 am »
Converting shards into elemental cards... what would this mean exactly? Isn't this sort of already the case?

This was made prior to the change.  Then, Shards were Other cards.

Offline ginandtonic

• ginandtonic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Friends don't let friends play shard golems
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1084630#msg1084630
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 06:55:58 am »
The biggest change I'd like to see is to enlarge the PVP spectrum. 

Maybe still based on the upgraded cards but with more echelons:
PVP 1 = no upgrades
PVP 2 = 1 to 10 upgrades
PVP 3 = 11 to 20 upgrades
PVP 4 = unlimited

or perhaps:
PVP 1 = no rares
PVP 2 = 1 to 5 rares
PVP 3 = 6 to 10 rares
PVP 4 = those who want to play shard golems against each other (because, seriously, shard golems are ridiculous)

Or maybe somehow mix the limit between rares and upgrades.  Or base it on score (like the arena).

I play, almost exclusively, PVP2.  I can imagine that the newer players who come in with a couple upgraded cards, a new weapon and a few hundred (or less) wins, are quickly turned off by playing against someone with a six-figure score and ten thousand games played.  I know I ground out the wins against AI3 for a few thousand games and upgraded a  bunch of cards before I felt prepared to enter PVP2.

There needs to be a mid-level PVP where you don't need a fully upgraded deck, but where you can still use a couple rares/upgraded cards and have a chance to win - and more importantly, a chance to experiment.

After writing this out I have realized that it might be best to mimic the arena in the echelons, where an upgraded card is worth X and a rare is worth Y and to enter PVP 3 you must have below Z points combined in your deck....

Offline Klipsf4g

• Klipsf4g is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hi, I'm klips. I like to blot out suns.
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1091733#msg1091733
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 10:03:42 am »
Cards in the Bazaar need a cost reduction. It's really hard for new players to build any deck at all; forget experimenting... to start trying out new things, you first need to have a reliable FG grinder, because that's the only way to make sufficient money to spend a few thousand buying expensive cards. Note that even Pendulums are 24 :electrum.

Luckily for me I started playing in the time of 2turn sundials so I'm still rich from my inheritance  :P. However, I do notice that I have to turn on my pdials every now and then just to make some moneys so I can play around.

Another note on this subject is that you can win cards from spins; in other words, newbies have very little wins and very few spin-rewards: They have to buy all cards for a new deck, whereas old players with a thousand cards in their inventory might only have to buy a few. That just seems very skewed: The more cards you need to buy, the less money you have, and vice versa.

Another way to fix this (but that might be overcomplicating it a little) is to make a scaling cost-increase based on, say, total Electrum earned throughout career. That way, card cost could be "appropriate" for newbies and oldies. (But perhaps I'm overthinking this. I do that a lot. :D)

Offline zerxil

• zerxil is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1095926#msg1095926
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 10:13:34 pm »
2 vs 2 (or more)pvp would be cool. 

Offline Shinki12345

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Shinki12345 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I love card games
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1156703#msg1156703
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »
Personally, I want to see a better implementation of pop rewards. Maybe giving players some new kind of currency they can spend on unique content? Of course, this would require some balance, but I think it would be a good idea.
You can call me shinki. The numbers are just from habit.

For those of you MTG players out there, here is a link to my account on tapped out: http://tappedout.net/users/Tiktacy/mtg-deck-folders

Offline montrossen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: [POLL] The 5 most important things Elements needs right now! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=42266.msg1157253#msg1157253
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 06:07:11 am »
Yeah, I thought that the AI is not that interesting- you go lvl0, lvl1, lvl2, wonder whats next? oh yeah, lvl3. There should be special AI's that are really unique, say,a deck with 25hp and X5 draw rate. Or maybe something completely new, like an AI that starts with a unique weapon and shield. Oh yeah, and they should have stories behind some of them (maybe you can have special quests for these) to give the game depth.
Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

blarg: