*Author

Offline TheonlyrealBeefTopic starter

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290803#msg1290803
« on: June 11, 2019, 05:52:01 pm »
War Planning Team
The council is looking to hire three members for the war planning team.

The war planning team will discuss, adjust, and balance as needed the rule set of the major PvP event War. These are the main tasks:

• Setting up rules prior to the event, with the feedback from the community.
    • Balancing Market Prices (or similar Card buying system).
    • Creating Event Cards (and Super Event Cards if desired by the team).
    • Adjusting Soldier Roles if needed.
    • Implementing the War Reform poll results into the rules.
    • Any additional minor balances to the rules needed to help keep the meta fresh and unique.
  • War planning team members are allowed -but not required- to stay on as warmasters during war.

Requirements:
  • Full Member or above.
  • Being active on the forum to set up War rules.
  • Ability to communicate effectively.
  • Knowledge of BBcode for rule formatting is a pre.
  • Having participated in War is a huge pre.

If you are interested in any of the above positions, send your application in a PM to TheonlyrealBeef titled “War Planning Team Application”. Your application will be shared with the rest of the Council, and we will discuss them. Do not forget to check what Council looks for in an applicant if you haven't already. Council will take all applications into account and assign staff positions to our volunteers accordingly.

If you have questions regarding the balancing of War, feel free to send a PM to mathman101.

Time is up, thank you to those who applied!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 08:56:43 pm by TheonlyrealBeef »

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290817#msg1290817
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 11:21:23 pm »
so the main difference from this and wm is:

wp can join war
wp require 95% less effort than be a wm but still make u look extra cool

this to me look like another useless staff position, like it was the mentor program (rip) the social media manager (rip) the guildmaster (rip) the bug hunter (rip) the card curator (rip), AND I KNOW i miss something

i've seen a lot more partecipation in private from us, 12 masters, on try to fix war without even having a forum section to do it, i think 12 masters (or gens?) + wm(s) can work a lot more better

anyone can care more about war than masters/gens?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:50:14 pm by Manuel »

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290823#msg1290823
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 01:03:50 am »
I'm fundamentally opposed to this for a different reason: Knowing event cards in advance is a massive advantage.

Scrap this and just go straight to hiring WMs. I'll volunteer in a second if the alternative if this.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290825#msg1290825
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 02:25:28 am »
Good catch, event cards should definitely not be created before War starts if they're not known to everyone in advance. Doesn't mean we have to scrap the whole idea, though.

so the main difference from this and wm is:

wp can join war
wp require 95% less effort than be a wm but still make u look extra cool

this to me look like another useless staff position, like it was the mentor program (rip) the social media manager (rip) the guildmaster (rip) the bug hunter (rip) the card curator (rip), AND I KNOW i miss something

i've seen a lot more partecipation in private from us, 12 masters, on try to fix war without even having a forum section to do it, i think 12 masters (or gens?) + wm(s) can work a lot more better

anyone can care more about war than masters/gens?

The reason this position exists is that the number of people that want to improve War is greater than the number of people willing to be WM, and it's clear that it needs to be improved. If you or any other master believe that you can make the event better, I encourage you to apply. I would definitely vote for you.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline immortal feud

• Reputation Power: 8
  • immortal feud is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Elements League 3/2019 3rd Place13th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 2/2019 2nd PlaceWinner of 12 Lives #5Elements League 1/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290826#msg1290826
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 02:35:40 am »
i think ive thrown out the idea of creating EC/SEC before war and revlealing them before.
i said it has major benefits like getting feedback so they are originally balanced and dont change after a day/week, getting the wording unambiguous the first time and getting some discussion on if a particular EC/SEC baises a team(s) too much. In responce to dd i dont think there is any advantage for a team because ideally all the EC/SEC are approved by all the teams before war starts. I liked the idea of dice being rolled to decide which of the EC/SEC come next during war but a predetermined order could be cool too.
recovering firestall addict

• Master of Darkness
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290829#msg1290829
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 05:44:47 am »
I think the idea of making ECs public before the event has been brought up before, and makes for a perfect solution to the problem presented.

Honestly, part of the reason for this is because of certain Masters/generals with wonderful ideas for war, that do not want to give up participation over implementing it.
There is no real constraint to how you achieve these new rules, though. The war planning team has to cut ropes, make decisions and will be held responsible for it, but they are free to involve any number of people in the process. Say all Masters/generals.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290832#msg1290832
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 08:55:27 am »
I think a war planning team is a great idea, for the reason stated multiple times before: most people who want to help also want to play.

I do think EC should either be designed by war planners and be public or designed by WMs during war. I lean towards the latter. The former would remove the excitement of ECs. Having said that, keep the ECs simple. No necromancy (dead teams fighting alive teams), no hate (like the +10 discard bomb from a few wars ago), no win-more (If you will all matches, gain 10 relics or other bs).

And get rid of SEC. Worst idea ever implemented. At least if you screw up an EC, you only screw up one round. This one screws up 3 rounds. Anyone who thinks SEC is a good idea probably also thinks the ECs previously mentioned are a good idea, thus their opinion should be ignored. Still salty about war #11 SEC.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290835#msg1290835
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 03:31:33 pm »
I'm fundamentally opposed to this for a different reason: Knowing event cards in advance is a massive advantage.

Scrap this and just go straight to hiring WMs. I'll volunteer in a second if the alternative if this.

This is easily fixed by:
* Making the order that ECs appear at war random.
* Creating a pool of many ECs and just selecting a few of them for each war.
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1290836#msg1290836
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 03:36:37 pm »

This is easily fixed by:
* Making the order that ECs appear at war random.
* Creating a pool of many ECs and just selecting a few of them for each war.

The only fix is to make all ECs public at the start of war.

Even if you don't know the event card's order, you know they're coming up and will want to plan accordingly.
Even if you don't know which event cards are in the game, you know the total pool and will want to plan accordingly.

• Master of Darkness
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1291093#msg1291093
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 03:54:18 pm »
Just over a day left with not nearly enough applicants. Do not forget to apply if you want to make an active contribution in improving war!

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1291094#msg1291094
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 05:30:12 pm »
I don't feel like I have enough experience, though I'm interested.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Now Hiring: War Planning Team https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67234.msg1291095#msg1291095
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 06:40:08 pm »
I don't feel like I have enough experience, though I'm interested.

You have enough experience

But I'm wary of what you might come up with, so if you apply I'll have to apply too

anything
blarg: mathman101