*Author

Offline MyNameIsJoeyTopic starter

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.MyNameIsJoey soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • I walk alone
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner 11.08.18Weekly Tournament Winner 09.06.18Weekly Tournament Winner 26.05.18Brawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265032#msg1265032
« on: June 06, 2017, 08:39:48 pm »
Newsletter Writer

Interested in writing and willing to help the community? You're in luck, because Council is currently hiring one new Newsletter Writer to write the monthly newsletters!

The job of Newsletter Writer requires:
  • A Jr. member or above.
  • Familiarity with parts of the forum.
  • Knowledge of BBCode.
  • Ability to think up new ways to improve NL.

The Newsletter Writer is an important position on our forums for compiling monthly news and interesting articles. Newsletter Writers are also in charge of conducting the interviews found in the Newsletters. If you any questions regarding the work of a NLW, feel free to PM Zyardran or JonathanCrazyJ.

If you are interested, send me a PM titled "Newsletter Writer Application". Your application will be shared with the rest of the council, and we will discuss the applications. Don't forget to read about what the council looks for in an applicant if you haven't already.

To do so, you have: Applications are no longer being accepted.

follow me at twitch.tv/mynameisjoey

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265041#msg1265041
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 09:55:59 pm »
I encourage all qualified members to apply to this wonderful position, good luck whoever heeds my words! :P
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265045#msg1265045
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:41:52 pm »
Just so people know, it's me that's stepping down as NLW.

My main reason is that I'm getting married next month, and honeymooning the month after, and I just applied for a 9-5 job which I hope to get, meaning I am more suited to a "dripfeed work through the month" staff position than a "2 days of concentration" one.

I'm sorry I only stuck this out for what I consider a 'minimum' term for a staff role (6 months), and I am happy to stay for next month's NL in either an advisory role for the new NLW, or to do one final stint should the hiring process not be complete by then.

I hope I have done my part to make a product of reasonable quality during my tenure, i would be more than happy to help with the new NLW's integration or hiring.

I'm here for questions and help, it's an important and rewarding role, please consider applying!
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265056#msg1265056
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 01:05:15 am »
...meaning I am more suited to a "dripfeed work through the month" staff position than a "2 days of concentration" one.

Why do you see spreading work out over the month as not being feasible for NLW?
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Calambar

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265057#msg1265057
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 03:30:08 am »
No more songs? :(

Good luck with all in RL that is coming. Grats for your incoming marriage. Happy time for both of you :)
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265064#msg1265064
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 10:03:26 am »
...meaning I am more suited to a "dripfeed work through the month" staff position than a "2 days of concentration" one.

Because it won't be up to date. There's some you can do across the month but the bulk makes much more sense at the end
Competitions!

Offline Calambar

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265066#msg1265066
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 10:46:20 am »

Because it won't be up to date. There's some you can do across the month but the bulk makes much more sense at the end

Really? I can see MOST of the work can be done part by part throughout the whole month.

PvP , competition or forum game is over? You can make an entry.

WTs? One in a week.

Not to mention interview, deck and card idea.

So don't mislead us, please ;) MOST of the work CAN be done earlier.

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Top-Decking Words
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265067#msg1265067
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 11:00:58 am »
Well, i couldn't work that way (I have never been able to do my best work like that - I wrote my dissertation at university in 9 days)
Competitions!

Offline Calambar

Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265068#msg1265068
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 11:41:21 am »
Well, i couldn't work that way (I have never been able to do my best work like that - I wrote my dissertation at university in 9 days)

That's a different story pal ;) But don't say that the "bulk makes much more sense at the end" ;)

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Top-Decking Words
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265069#msg1265069
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 11:54:22 am »
OK, I could have phrased it better.

Let's try it again.

I am more suited to several small deadlines in a month than to one big deadline, due to probably having far less free time, and because of the way I do my best work.

Potential applicants: It's good fun, and a really important role in the community. Please consider applying, I'm sure you'll be better at time management than me. Oh, and you'll always have one person giving you positive feedback, me. I can't wait to see the excellent work that the new NLWs produce.
Competitions!

Offline Solaris

• Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265070#msg1265070
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 11:57:43 am »
Personally, I believe it better to have every section written at once, as to not have a disparity in writing styles, as I find even my writing style to change from piece to piece. Makes for a more consistent and overall enjoyable newsletter. No need to nitpick whatever's been done in the past, the new NLW may opt to write in their own preferred timeframe, JCJ was just presenting his preferred methods and why this coupled with the other reasoning towards his resignation.

Offline Calambar

Re: Now Hiring: Newsletter Writer https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64637.msg1265077#msg1265077
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 06:18:23 pm »
Answer me this question JCJ, are you still going to produce songs for NLs?

anything
blarg: Zyardran,JonathanCrazyJ