*Author

xBerzerk

Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg239373#msg239373
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31:03 am »
I'm sorry for reviving a dead thread, but it makes me curious as to why we can't view the reasons for our Karma. I read in the other thread that the reason for not being able to view the Karma Log was in fear of "revenge" Karma, which I assume is used negatively. Since the negative Karma is gone.. Why can't we view it? I just got another one, and I don't know what for. Nor do I want it, if it wasn't for good reason.

Again, apologies for thread revival.

Offline lava golem

• Reputation Power: 0
  • lava golem is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Fire
Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg239380#msg239380
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 07:48:54 am »
the one karma I've gotten is for the reason: "For being awesome." lol... just go to account settings-> notifications->tick notify me when I get karma. I ticked it and the PM gives the reason.
lava golems are the best creatures in the game cause I said so

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg239407#msg239407
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 08:45:15 am »
Yeah...
The Pop-Up one doesn't work...

xBerzerk

Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg239409#msg239409
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:41 am »
the one karma I've gotten is for the reason: "For being awesome." lol... just go to account settings-> notifications->tick notify me when I get karma. I ticked it and the PM gives the reason.
Wait, does this allow me to view the reasons for the karma I already have or only the ones I get from here on out? I don't see any notifications for the existing ones..

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg239410#msg239410
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 09:06:42 am »
Wait, does this allow me to view the reasons for the karma I already have or only the ones I get from here on out? I don't see any notifications for the existing ones..
Yeah... Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that.

Maybe it's possible to set the default for Karma Notifications to "On" and "PM"?

This would help a lot for users who can't find the way to activate it.

xBerzerk

Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg239418#msg239418
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 09:11:39 am »
Yeah... Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about that.

Maybe it's possible to set the default for Karma Notifications to "On" and "PM"?

This would help a lot for users who can't find the way to activate it.
Agreed; I didn't even know about this until today. Now I'll never know if it's real or fake Karma. ): (Yes, my self-esteem is so low, I need a forum's Karma system to make me feel better. Just kidding.)

Scaredgirl

Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg240253#msg240253
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 11:57:39 am »
I'm sorry for reviving a dead thread, but it makes me curious as to why we can't view the reasons for our Karma. I read in the other thread that the reason for not being able to view the Karma Log was in fear of "revenge" Karma, which I assume is used negatively. Since the negative Karma is gone.. Why can't we view it? I just got another one, and I don't know what for. Nor do I want it, if it wasn't for good reason.
Besides "revenge" Karma, it would also lead to "Karma Exchange", where members give Karma more easily to other members who have given them Karma in the past. I have seen this happen a couple of times, which is why full Karma logs are not visible everyone.

xBerzerk

Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg240667#msg240667
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 12:16:28 am »
Besides "revenge" Karma, it would also lead to "Karma Exchange", where members give Karma more easily to other members who have given them Karma in the past. I have seen this happen a couple of times, which is why full Karma logs are not visible everyone.
So.. why is it available through notifications then? Shouldn't it either be all or nothing in this case?

Colloray

Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg240695#msg240695
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 01:24:20 am »
wait, so can u giv bad karma? i saw 1 of ur exampls ws "Was mean to a newbie."

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg240699#msg240699
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 01:30:41 am »
wait, so can u giv bad karma? i saw 1 of ur exampls ws "Was mean to a newbie."
If you read through this thread you will find your answer:  no.

EDIT:  Epic 1200th post.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Scaredgirl

Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg240755#msg240755
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 03:22:28 am »
So.. why is it available through notifications then? Shouldn't it either be all or nothing in this case?
Notifications only show the reason for Karma, not who gave it. Logs show both.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Karma system 2.0 installed! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2488.msg240770#msg240770
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 03:41:09 am »
I think what xBerserk is saying is that if you get karma notifications through a popup box, then you don't get a description. Through PM, you do get a description.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

anything
blarg: