*Author

Offline trashduke

• Reputation Power: 7
  • trashduke is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Got bros?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #10 Winner - Team AirChampionship League 2/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 3rd PlaceWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessThe Last Sontaran - Winner of TrenzaloreSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288835#msg1288835
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 04:54:58 am »
Happy Birthday ETG.

I come back here regularly for a little nostalgia about the glory days of Wars 8-11.  Shout outs to my previous War team members: Physsion, Cal, Aves, Bacon (Pro and Chrispy, but especially Chrispy), Rapid, Afda, Phoenix, Bas, Hyro, dragon, captain, Rutarete, Drake, and sky!  Those days were a lot of fun. Keep up the great community and I'll likely lurk around until the flash crash swallows everything.

-td
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:56:58 am by trashduke »
Rainbros guild

Offline RapidStar_

• Reputation Power: 5
  • RapidStar_ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I farm electrum at work
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288838#msg1288838
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 06:19:07 am »
Happy birthday ETG!

A great community has been built here and I think we can all agree that it has bought us happiness in some way. Thanks to all members for being cool, notably war teammates (especially Physs!): Physsion, Calindu, trashduke, Aves, bro, Sera, Zawadx, andretimpa, worldwideweb3, ddevans96 and [A].

Keep being awesome!

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288839#msg1288839
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 06:24:55 am »
Cake me

Game is good. People are interesting. Community is wonderful.
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288840#msg1288840
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 07:20:47 am »
The answer to that question?
Cue accusations of self-plagiarism :V
As with last year, and I quote,
The community that keeps you going even after you stop playing. And the cake.
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288841#msg1288841
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 07:23:03 am »
Someone say cake that I won't eat because I'll have disappeared again by the time they get handed out? Sweet.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288842#msg1288842
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 08:10:02 am »
Give cake or I start a riot.

Tbh, the game isn't all that wonderful. Sure, it's a nice little game, but can't say it's amazing anymore, since there's not much you can do atm. Arena is broken. PvP is empty. Servers are horrendous. The only thing that keeps it alive is the community. Zanz is an asshole. Yes, I said it. I don't want to hear "he's busy with real life!" kind of excuse, because frankly, nobody believes that anymore.

I'm staying because I literally have nowhere else to go, and the people in this little corner of the internet are amazing. It's also my only contact to Afda. Come back Afda D:

Now for the memories:
- playing BL against Afda and always using my unupped nova poison dials. This deck used to beat almost anything, until Afda started putting purify in every deck :silly:
- beating aether with SoSebow in war. That was an amazing match.
- winning with control SoSebow in trials against Calin's SoBr salvagers. Another amazing match.
- playing antagonbow and grabbix before the immo nerf
- playing the old SoSebows in gold league, when SoSe used to cost 3 :chroma:
- top50
- the old firestall with the old SoG, when you could swarm as much fire quanta as you wanted. That deck sure was a pain to play against.

Offline Lunaris

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • "I can bear any pain as long as it has meaning."
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288843#msg1288843
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 08:13:37 am »
Happy birthday, ETG
Team F.R.O.G.S | Brawl #6
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!
:entropy ~AbomiNation~ :entropy

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288844#msg1288844
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 08:25:15 am »
Elements proved to me that the Internet can be more than just a horrible pit of despair. That small, well moderated communities can be wonderful and that you can forge meaningful friendships over the internet with people you will never really "know" in the traditional sense.

The game was fun at the time, because no other online CCG of a similar quality existed. Today we're spoiled with choice on that front.

But even though I moved on to new things and new communities to be a part of, I will always remember this small corner of the internet where I spent way too much time in my 20s.

Shout out to team Sillyface  :silly:
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288849#msg1288849
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 10:14:32 am »
What else is left to say? The most important thing has been uttered by others: this community is great and that's what keeps this
simple, but really addictive and fun game alive.

About the game... I like the science behind the game, how the game uses scientific concepts, natural phenomena for cards, like Schrödinger's cat, Mitosis etc.

Good memories, hmm... been here only for 1 year. War was something extraordinary! (But I wrote a lengthy post about it earlier in the 'Fallen' topic.)
I hope the game can survive at least another year to have another War like this! :)

ps: kudos for ian for being straightforward.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288851#msg1288851
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 10:54:23 am »
There's a lot to miss, but most of all I miss the people.  You are all amazing stars and I'm glad to be part of the reunion!
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288852#msg1288852
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 10:56:29 am »
The classic question that is always asked on this day is, "Why do you love elements?".

Honestly, I don't know why I love this game as well as its community so much. I tried to set myself free from its clutches but I can't; I have to admit that I am just addicted. I am not that addicted to the game by itself but I am addicted to the occasional PvP event of the game or the occasional competition and the community is so polite and mature in such a good way! Let alone Forum Brawl which I believe it is one of the best inventions ever...

EDIT: So many people coming back for the reunion day. I am so happy! :D
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Happy 10th Birthday, EtG community! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67166.msg1288853#msg1288853
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 11:06:48 am »
You guys are a wonderful bunch, which is why I keep coming back. Suspect that's the case for several of us. Moreover, I just can't let go of organized PvP yet. The core design of this game is so good, even though it suffers from not being updated and supported.

Everyone, be sure to join us in Blab chat today! A lot of both old and new faces have been hanging around so far.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 07:31:33 pm by PlayerOa »
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

anything
blarg: