*Author

Offline ZyardranTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Elements Community Newsletter: September 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62869.msg1243513#msg1243513
« on: September 03, 2016, 01:09:03 am »
Spoiler for September NL 2016:
September 2016
War is here! New Council!
New FGOs!
  • War Round 1 has commenced, and the armies of each Element are itching to get into the fight. Soon the realm will be filled with war cries and battle paint!

• The challenges of Budokan have knocked out all but six of the warriors, yet their fiercest challenges are yet to come.
    Competitions have taken a bit of a back seat with War preparations ongoing. Keep an eye out for future competitions!
  • It is WAR! The Hype is real, and not just now that it started, but weeks before already. Players were able to test an element of their choice in a War meta (with some bans) and were able to enjoy the format 4 weeks before the event itself would go. The winner dragonsdemesne - playing with Water and now being in Light - was standing tall; if that is a sign for those elements?

Spoiler for Interview with the winner:
    Did you like the tourney in general? How about the rules?
    The rules seemed pretty good; they were as fair as War, after all, since other than the bans, it was War.  As was eventually shown, however, most of the good water nymph rush deck counters had been banned.  I wish there had been more than 9 players, but that's how it goes sometimes.

When, for you, was the most exciting moment of the tournament?
    When I realized I'd won without losing a single game and without playing a nonwater card in the entire tourney.  (in the very last game I had a water/fire duo, but rob conceded on turn 1 because he was running a deckout stall and my deck was bigger)

In just a short sentence, or even one word, how would you summarize the whole tournament?
    Nymph queen, hottest of all 12 nymphs.

• Time for some speedbuilding fun! It turned out to be a pretty diverse meta for this format, with a lot of close matches and mindgating. After some intense fights, Ginyu managed to push his fists to all enemies on his sight and went supreme!

Standard speedbuilding, nothing too special. What I like about it is the unexpected possibilities, you get a card pool and have to analyse it quickly and build the decks you believe will do best. As a TO, of course, you also have to check about too broken possibilities.

Playing dragonsdemesne often makes up for exciting games, and so it did here. A lot of mindgating (and RNG) was involved in this matchup, and the moment I did beat him felt great.

In just a short sentence, or even one word, how would you summarize the whole tournament?
    Dusk = Dim

• After Zombies vs. Plants, another brutal fight between plants and their enemies began - Flytraps vs. Beanstalks! Despite the plants getting more love in terms of participants, the final match was all about who was gonna eat all of their enemies. asdw152 got its right, as well as his first tournament victory!

Every tourney is fun, this is no exception. Rules, however, made players favor beanstalks, and yet the finals were flytraps, so some balancing i guess?

The final match vs AD, finally an opponent who isn't a beanstalk. Games were close, but more control on my side, regardless of opening hands, won me the game.

Surprising, to say the least.

• Potluck running wild! Participants had to put a lot of 0-cost cards in their decks, rounded up by having to use 6 copies of a 6 cost card. And to make things more interesting, all rares got banned in this upgraded tournament. There were many possibilities next to the seemingly obvious NT deck, and in the end, Vangelios made the right choices at the right time.

Yes, this is the second potluck tournament that I won and my first tournament upgraded win

Was vs Danieela, in the 3rd game was very close in the last turn of the Dani deck!

The most sharded tournament shardless of ever :)

• Be ready for Season 3, right around the corner!

• Mafia 61 has gone out with a bang! Congratulations mafia folk, well played!

• Mafia 62 by Solaris is officially underway, with some players already in the graveyard and others still fighting to survive!

• Relic Sweeper 3's action still holds strong, as we move our way into Round 38!

• CleanOnion's Pipeworks is drawing to a conclusion, as all but one of the factions plan a way to escape the pipes, stay tuned to find out who will come out on top!

• Congratulations to our two newest Forum Game Organizers, Linkcat and CleanOnion! Best wishes to Kuroaitou who is stepping down from the position.

Tea Time with rob77dp
Below is the portion of an interview:
Do you happen to keep some pets? If you do, what are they? (Basman-1453)

I DO have pets - two cats and until recently the family had fish (they are now all dead - a 'fun' 8 month-long experiment in how much will Dad take care of something he had not really sign up to take care of but reluctantly agreed to have around and ended up taking care of anyway). :P Yup.

When did you know that death was your favorite element? What would your second favorite be? How about least favorite? (asdw152)

When Shantu PM'd me in chat one day to interview/quiz me ahead of his General-ing :death in War 6 I was overjoyed a General took a specific interest in me (I had listed Death in my favorites). At this point, having Death be my first fun foray into this PVP Event "War" hooked me for life it seems. (PUN!)

Have you ever considered starting an undead band with awful bone puns for your name and all your albums? (Anonymous)

Not until now!

Find this answer and more in rob77dp's official interview

New Members
Spoiler for Introduction posts:
Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board within the past month. Just click a certain name to be redirected to the corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to newcomers! ;)

Trials Time Finals: Pipeleaker
by Kuroaitou
This Deck idea of the Month was written by Discord

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5p0 5p0 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7n6 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q5 7q5 7ri 7ri 8po

The deck featured this month was made by Kuroaitou.
Card by card:

Blue Nymph: Endless UG provides good support against PC.

Sundial: While only active for one turn, Sundial can fend off enemy monsters, and it's an effective draw tool.

Wind Tower: Good source of air quanta for the nymphs and UGs.

Unstable Gas: Good damage outlet.

Time Tower: Outlet for the Sundials and Hourglasses.

Electrum Hourglass: More Draw mechanics for UG rush.

Time Pendulum: Quanta split between fire for the UGs and time.

This deck was taken from the time trials final battle results. It leans more towards the rush factor, due to the extensive amount of draw mechanics and the superior damage this deck holds.

This Card review was written by Hyroen

:light Light is commonly seen as the element of pride and boastfulness. It's faith in itself is unparalleled and this courage can sometimes be its own demise. Accompanying its pride, its design sometimes comes with a certain isolationist component as seen in :light Miracle, :light Hope and :light Morning Star, almost as if :light Light as an element cannot be touched and needs nothing else. While it's true that :light Light can make some truly mean Mono Decks, cards such as :light Sanctuary, :light Pegasus and :light Photon are seldom alone in Mono Decks, benefiting greatly from elements such as :fire Fire, :aether Aether and :air Air and a :light Miracle or 2 in a larger Rainbow Deck can help in a pinch! This isolationist design aspect is portrayed beautifully in this month's CIotM, :light Halo | Halo by Ajit. With a variety of ways to produce :light and furthermore, to create producers of :light Light, the ability to pay for cards and abilities is an excellent one in the element of :light Light. Halo allows the capitalize on excesses of :light Light and let a powerful deck have its moment to shine!

Conversion
:light Halo | Halo allows the elemental to pay for cards and costs in :light. However, much like :time Sundial, it has a turn of summoning sickness before its ability can be activated. As such, any card that can protect it effectively, such as :darkness Cloak, can be vital for a deck with :light Halo against an opponent with Permanent Control. Being able to pay for cards and costs with :light has great benefits, but at the same time, forces a deck to approach 1 of 2 styles,  1) :light Halo support, where :light Quanta is the majority in supply and is used when other quanta sources are not sufficient (possibly with the inclusion of 2-3 Quantum Pillars) or 2):light Halo dominant, wherein cards and abilities cannot be played if not for :light Halo burst, introducing a surprise factor in an element which can afford to stall out until the perfect hand is drawn (in OTK fashion).

Here is a deck designed by Hyroen that shows an effective way to use :light Halo | Halo!

Deck 1:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
77f 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7jp 7k5 7k5 7k5 7k5 7n5 7tb 7tb 7ti 7ti 7ti 80i 4t9 4t9 4t9 4t9 8pt

(Relics represent Halo)

Here we have a Halo Vadersader, with :light Halo permitting Crusaders to take on a new dimension! Though the classic Vadersader can be resilient with the right cards drawn, this version sacrifices a bit of consistency to be able to still be effective while handling many more obstacles that might put a halt to the classic deck. :darkness Cloak is able to protect the vital components of the deck, :light Halo and the weapons so needed for endowing, :earth Pulverizer allows this deck to have PC in a pinch while :air Eagle's Eye allows for CC if necessary. Lastly, :aether Fractal is there to be able ramp up the damage significantly when the combo is pulled off of damage from 4 Crusaders is not enough and furthermore, allowing many more Crusaders to endow what is needed in response to the opponent's deck! With a :darkness Mark to add a bit more consistency to the deck, quantity of VD can be played around with. If 2 Vampire Daggers are not enough, the deck can likely sacrifice 1 or 2 Towers in exchange for more Daggers, though do keep in mind that excess :light benefits the deck!

Last month, we saw that :water Water could be represented naturally through its ability to stop attacks cold dead in their tracks in an extremely fitting card :water Isol's Blizzard and similarly, this month's card is one that truly lets the pride of :light Light shine through! :light Halo encourages Duo, Trio and Rainbow Decks in a way that characterizes :light Light, needing nothing but itself.

Be sure to view more of Ajit's work in his Portfolio!

Can anyone guess the element of next month's Card Idea of the Month?

Thanks for reading! Until next time!

Trivia Question of the Month
A fact which relates back to Elements will be featured, with a question one month and its answer in the next.
(Please read and try before consulting Wikipedia.)

In recognition of the cinders and ashes which swirl throughout the realm, evidence of necessary heat, this month's question pertains to Fire.
Which of the following sets of equipment can be used to start fires in a reasonable amount of time? Assume the environment is outdoors and forested.
Spoiler for Multiple Choices:
  • Stick x1
  • Stick x2
  • Light Bulb x1
  • Rope x1, Wood Salvage x10
  • Stick x4
  • Pinecone x3, Rusty Shovel x1, Spoon x1, Flint x2
  • Plastic Sheet x1, Stick x3
  • Hand Sanitizer Bottle x1, Battery x2
  • Paper x365, Flashlight x1
  • Stick x3
  • Sunglasses x1, Signal Mirror x1
  • Steel Wool x1, Calculator x1
  • Stick x10

Spoiler for Last Month's Trivia:
  • Q: Nymphs are originally known primarily from what cultural mythology?
  • A: Nymphs are first known to have appeared in Greek mythology.

Spoiler for Photocredit:

Many thanks to:
-Ginyu for Tourney section.
-rob77dp for the interview
-Kuroaitou For Forum Games Section.
-Hyroen for Card idea of the Month
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:47:31 pm by Discord »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline ZyardranTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62869.msg1243632#msg1243632
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:47:59 pm »
Card idea of the month has been added, enjoy folks.
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62869.msg1243633#msg1243633
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 05:49:38 pm »
<3

Offline Calambar

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62869.msg1243644#msg1243644
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 06:27:33 pm »
Good work :) Maybe I don't like the fact you used some pictures that already were used in previous NLs. But well, not a very big issue ;)
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62869.msg1243662#msg1243662
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 07:04:12 pm »
Card Idea of the Month has been added!

Sorry about the wait folks. (life. ugh.)
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

blarg: dragonsdemesne,Ginyu,asdw152,Vangelios,worldwideweb3,Odii Odsen,JonathanCrazyJ,Mr Muffin,Discord,Hyroen,mathman101,Physsion,rob77dp,RootRanger,Solaris,Linkcat,CleanOnion,Kuroaitou,dmonells,Jukantos,ROTT3NTR3ATz,funk,mrsabernathy,Espian,Sotter,rooftops,EvilMacBadGuy,fyre,3P51L0N,Shadow4jx,Kilala347,zoncu,Dsoul29,lumppymcgee,micah1989,NoCandyOnlyWifi,South Pole,FrankHey,vahalla,Pelkyr,ECarpenter,Decent,SharkPing,Elusive,Araston,Azheid,Viper32,ZwibiX,Zexion,haiduk,Wynillo,GoldenRa,dik,Immortal Samurai,Triton,batboy2002,Maybel,Gastronucci,bipolargod,Sandstorms,l.skywalker,aeriusspades,skinnyskater,Larynho,arielfe,JusKIdding,Brandis72,Ajit