*Author

Offline CalambarTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203348#msg1203348
« on: September 02, 2015, 06:09:07 pm »
Spoiler for September NL 2015:
September 2015
WAR #9 STARTS SOON!
NEW NEWSLETTER WRITER!

• The War Auction will be starting shortly!

• This is the last month to earn points towards the Elements World Championship 2015.  Fight to make the field or to better your seed!

• Today is the last day to vote for Result Modifiers!  Hurry to choose your favorites before it's too late!

• Submit art inspired by War if you want a chance to win War Materials! Full details inside!

• Iancudorinmarians Present - Upgraded took place on August 1st and gave participants the choice of playing from two luck-based decks. Since there was no need for preparation, it was a perfect tourney for myself. ;) Starting with the chance that I was the only one who received a "bye," and all the way until the final, luck was on my side.  There, RNG failed me when dueling against Ginyu, whose good fortune did not allow me any chance for winning. The greatest moment for Ginyu was when he received an Air Nymph from a Fate Egg and shattered all my hopes with her Unstable Gases. ;) Congratulations for defeating all opponents, myself included!

• In the third edition of Plants vs Zombies - Unupgraded, which took place on August the 8th, Zombies finally won ... because of adjusted rules. ;) In fact, the change drew more players to the role of Zombie, as six chose that option compared to the five who selected plants. I won't elaborate on my loss against Zombie rob. :-X  Instead I'll let first-time tourney winner, Physsion speak!
    Spoiler for Short interview with Physsion:
    How did it feel to win the tournament for the first time?
    It's about time I won one of these! I'm really happy to have finally made it - I've made it to the finals once before, but due to time constraints, I had to concede to trashduke, who I fought in the semi-finals of that tournament. Funnily enough, he and I played out an awesome final game here!

Did you like rules and tourney in general?
    Definitely, the rules were really enjoyable. I was pleased to see such an even split between Plants and Zombies players. All of my opponents brought fun and exciting decks, and I had a lot of fun during this tournament.

What was the most exciting moment of the tourney?
    The entirety of the final game with trashduke was an absolute nail-biter - 1-pillar hands in the first two games made for slow starts and very close finishes. I was fortunate enough to get a strong quanta start in the final game - with my poison damage hitting hard and fast, and trashduke not drawing any of his much-needed Purifies, I sealed the win for the Zombies! A very special mention has to go to my third game with eljoemo, for an exciting win through a 20+ strong Bone Wall.

How could you summarize the whole tourney in one very short sentence or even one word?
    Braaaaaiiiiiiins.
    Congratulations to the winner! You can see his decks here.

• It's not a surprise that the August 15th's Dilgo Wars V: The Lightning Strikes Back - Unupgraded was won by Master of Gravity, Ginyu, since Dilgos must obey their master. ;) He indicated how much he appreciates them when he said, "Armagios are great creatures and they deserve to shine." Ginyu presented a perfect approach to this tournament as he didn't lose a single game! This was a well-deserved win.  Congratulations!

• August 22nd's Division 7 - Unupgraded was a tournament for math lovers. So let's do some math:  So far in August, the winners were Ginyu, then Physsion, then Ginyu again, and finally ... Physsion triumphed one more time! Is this going to be a pattern? ;) The winner admitted himself that: "Ginyu and I have won alternating tournaments for the entire month of August, which is funny and a little crazy!" In addition, he said thanks to using some key cards such as Unstable Gas, Lava Golem, Toadfish, and most importantly, Wings, helped him to win that tournament. Here are his winning decks. Well, I guess your huge wings provide you excellent protection; after all you are a giant owl (behold his avatar). ;)

• After quite a long period of forum inactivity, Odii Odsen came back and won August 29th's last tournament of the month, Beggars Sr. vs Barons Sr. - Upgraded. In truth, it was more a tournament of Beggars, as there was only one who chose Baron, and subsequently lost his first match. Below is a short interview with the winner (in the spoiler):
    Spoiler for Interview with the winner:
    After a quite long period of inactivity, you came back with great style to win this tournament. What was the most exciting moment of the tourney for you?
    There were a couple of exciting moments. I guess the most exciting moment was when I realized that I won the tourney. High five to my brother taker.  :D
    Do you think that the rules of the tournament were balanced? There was only one Baron, who happened to lose his first match. The rest of players, including yourself, were Beggars. Does it mean that Beggars had an advantage over Barons and that the rules should be adjusted in the future?
    I think it's a bit unbalanced for the upped system. But I used a couple of "Baron cards." So I had to use many unupgraded cards (about 33%). I mainly used stalls.
    I think the reason why the most ppl were Beggars is because of the speed advantage of upgraded cards. Plus you have more flexible variations.

Could you summarize the whole tourney in one very short sentence or even one word?
    It was fun to play a WT again. Note: On the day when I made a break from Elements I won the weekly tourney. I could win a second one in a row (for me). :)
    Congratulations! We hope you remain with us and good luck winning more tournaments!

• Championship League: Welcome to the third season of the Championship League, the last of 2015! Good luck to all participants as you compete for the title!

• Battle League: The 3/2015 season of Battle League is also underway, with Linkcat scoring FIRST BLOOD.

• Mafia 50 has ended with a Vigilante Victory! Congrats to all the Vigilantes!

• Submachine's Mafia 51 is about to start - stay tuned to see the action unfold!

• Elements Tag 2 is underway, but it's too early for any player to have built a dominant lead.

• Congratulations to the winner of the Elements Demon Tournament, Kuroaitou

• The individuals having the responsibilities of managing War will be announced soon. Stay tuned!

• Congratulations to our newest staffer, Discord, who has been hired as a Newsletter Writer immediately following the publication of this issue.  She's been an amazing help to the team unofficially, and we're glad to add a third official member to our team!

Forum Hosting Status has finally been updated (it hasn't been updated since March).

Here are the list of donors who donated from April up to now:

Gold Donors
Treldon
RootRanger
Zso_Zso

Silver Donors
Aknelo
ddevans96
Fake_Person
G33kyGirl
Iorveil
qwereq
rob77dp

Give a big 'thank you' to them and also to others donators.

You can check current Forum Hosting Status here.

Tea Time with theelkspeaks

Below is the portion of an interview:

Congratulations on the Earth Mastership! As a Master of Earth, how do you intend to win War?

Earth is amazing at bending but not breaking, and that's a characteristic that serves a team well over the course of War.  War is ultimately a game of attrition, one that you win by not losing.

If you could be reincarnated as an elk, would you? If not, what animal would you be reincarnated as instead? (You may choose human if you please).

I've always loved animals and nature in general, but if I were to be reincarnated as an animal, I'd rather be either a falcon or a hawk.  I've always had an attachment to the idea of flying.

How hard is it to maintain all these positions and the related responsabilities? Did you ever feel you might burn out?

I generally do the variety of positions because they excite me and because....

Find this answer and more in theelkspeaks's official interview

New Members

Spoiler for Introduction posts:

Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board (but within maximum 30 days after registration to the forums). Just click a certain name to be redirected to corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to new comers ;)

This month I would like to proudly present the first comic ever in full color - the second part of "The Wielder of Discord"! In addition, for the first time the design has not been done only by me, but the great part of the comic was made by my good friend Submachine!

Below is only an excerpt of the comic. Please don't miss a link to a full comic! Enjoy! :)

Spoiler for An excerpt of the comic:

LINK TO A FULL COMIC

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u5 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 718 718 718 718 718 718 747 747 747 77f 77k 77k 7ba 7ba 7ba 7gq 7gq 7gq 7gq 7k0 7k2 7k2 7n0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7t9 8pj

Stalling Shards is a deck based on luck and skill, as well as your hand. It could be good, it could be bad, you'll never know for certain. Things in this deck are risky, make the wrong move and you're dead! From the Deadly Poison to the Purify, this deck could easily win with the right draw. Lots of healing factors in this deck also help keep you alive long enough to either deck your opponent out or kill them with damage.

Quantum Tower (16): Quantum Towers The only source of Quanta you'll get in this deck, use it all! Quantum towers will provide 6-3 random quantum for each one tower, i don't fee mathy today, but i'm pretty sure that's alot of quanta!

Discord (1): This weapon is very useful against monos or duos, dealing 6 damage to your opponent every turn, this weapon is very strong!

Shard Of Serendipity (6): On top of lucky draws, you better hope you get something good from this shard, it could be useful, it could be deadly, or, it could just be a simple, weaker creature. (we all get those eventually) but use it if you can, it might be useful!

Deadly Poison (6): Deadly Poison is a useful thing to use against any opponent, dealing 3 damage for each one you have, it's stackable, and annoying if your opponent doesn't have purify.

Gravitation Guard (3): Gravitation guard, in this deck, is just an extra damage boost. dealing 4 damage to your opponent each, it could get a little nasty for your opponent if they don't have enough Creature Control to stop a 7 health creature.

Pulverizer (1): If you draw this card, it's endless permanent destroying for you. With only the need for two Gravity quanta or destroying one permanent, and the chance of getting some from your Towers, your opponent's permanents are long gone as soon as your draw this card!

Granite Skin (2): Granite Skin requires lots of earth quanta to be successful, that's still possible with the towers, but it'll be slower.

Shard Of Gratitude (3): More healing! This shard is very useful in more ways than one. If you're looking for an EM, no creatures left on the field and only a weapon, this shard will give you tat if you're at almost full health.

Purify (4): Purify helps if your opponents have Poison, less Poison for each Purify you have, and stackable. Also another good healing source.

Mirror Shield (1): Mirror shield is great for blocking your opponent's spells! Put it on as soon as you get it, and your opponent's spells will just bounce right back, no more worries over UG and Poison!

Improved Miracle (2): Low on health? If you have an Improved Miracle out, and enough quanta, use it! Improved Miracle might be expensive, but it's worth it when you're still alive in the end.

Improved Fog (1): Improved Fog has a high chance of blocking creatures, if you get lucky enough, none of the creatures on your opponent's side will hit you at all!

Electrum Hourglass (3): Missing a card for your combo to be complete? Try drawing a second card to see if it's what you need, or speed up your deck a little more with this lovely card, just don't deck yourself out!

Improved Steal (1): Like stealing things? Use this wisely, and you might get lucky with your choice, steal your opponent's shield, or a weapon. the possibilities are endless!

Deck weaknesses: The lack of a few certain cards can be often deadly if you're not careful with your actions. only one steal, that might be hard to draw. Too much healing, where's all the damage? Not enough CC, maybe too much random luck from Shard of Serendipity. This whole deck is based on luck and draw, anf often times, your luk cannot be the best. Of course, if you have a good draw, none of this could be a huge problem.

Deck Strengths: All this healing can be very useful, if you use it wisely, you could get an EM, or maybe, if you don't. you'll just barely survive with only one HP left. Shard of Serendipity can give you some really cool things too, whether it be more healing, or some CC or another creature. Two shield and two weapons for a higher chance of drawing one of the four available in this deck.

This card idea of the month is brought to you by Discord.

Originally made in the Weekly Challenge shield competition, this shield is basically a slow antimatter towards attacking creatures while buffing their HP, thus making it harder to kill them.

Whilst only protecting you from one damage per creature, it also reduces the creature's damage, so the damage you take becomes less and less as it attacks. While having a cost of a normal shield, this card is very powerful. Maybe not overpowered, but just enough to make it something to want. Ironically, however, this card is basically an antimatter for Gravity in a way.

Besides the benefits of the antimatter aspect, the creatures attacking you become harder to kill. With -1 | +1, you can turn a light dragon, into something that constantly heals you with increasing health. Like i said, harder to kill! On top of that, however, smaller creatures have a higher chance to be killed, but i higher chance to be antimattered completely, with less HP and less attack.

While this card isn't overpowered, but powerful enough, it does have some weak spots. Like said above, lesser creatures have higher chance to be killed, but stronger creatures could possibly never be killed, unless you got poison, or reverse time. Well known, this card is also still vulnerable to PC cards like Deflagration, or Pulverizer.

All in all, this card would be powerful in any game, while still having quite a few weak spots. I believe this card would go good against any opponent.

Many thanks to:
-Submachine for drawings and script for the comic
-Discord for Deck Idea of the Month and Card Idea of the Month
-J617 for help with Weekly Tournaments section
-theelkspeaks for the interview
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:17:06 pm by Krzysiekxd »
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203349#msg1203349
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 06:09:33 pm »
CONDENSED NL
Spoiler for September NL 2015 condensed:
September 2015
WAR #9 STARTS SOON!
NEW NEWSLETTER WRITER!

CONTENTS:

Spoiler for PvP Events:

• The War Auction will be starting shortly!

• This is the last month to earn points towards the Elements World Championship 2015.  Fight to make the field or to better your seed!

Spoiler for Competitions:

• Today is the last day to vote for Result Modifiers!  Hurry to choose your favorites before it's too late!

• Submit art inspired by War if you want a chance to win War Materials! Full details inside!

Spoiler for Weekly Tournaments:

• Iancudorinmarians Present - Upgraded took place on August 1st and gave participants the choice of playing from two luck-based decks. Since there was no need for preparation, it was a perfect tourney for myself. ;) Starting with the chance that I was the only one who received a "bye," and all the way until the final, luck was on my side.  There, RNG failed me when dueling against Ginyu, whose good fortune did not allow me any chance for winning. The greatest moment for Ginyu was when he received an Air Nymph from a Fate Egg and shattered all my hopes with her Unstable Gases. ;) Congratulations for defeating all opponents, myself included!

• In the third edition of Plants vs Zombies - Unupgraded, which took place on August the 8th, Zombies finally won ... because of adjusted rules. ;) In fact, the change drew more players to the role of Zombie, as six chose that option compared to the five who selected plants. I won't elaborate on my loss against Zombie rob. :-X  Instead I'll let first-time tourney winner, Physsion speak!
    Spoiler for Short interview with Physsion:
    How did it feel to win the tournament for the first time?
    It's about time I won one of these! I'm really happy to have finally made it - I've made it to the finals once before, but due to time constraints, I had to concede to trashduke, who I fought in the semi-finals of that tournament. Funnily enough, he and I played out an awesome final game here!

Did you like rules and tourney in general?
    Definitely, the rules were really enjoyable. I was pleased to see such an even split between Plants and Zombies players. All of my opponents brought fun and exciting decks, and I had a lot of fun during this tournament.

What was the most exciting moment of the tourney?
    The entirety of the final game with trashduke was an absolute nail-biter - 1-pillar hands in the first two games made for slow starts and very close finishes. I was fortunate enough to get a strong quanta start in the final game - with my poison damage hitting hard and fast, and trashduke not drawing any of his much-needed Purifies, I sealed the win for the Zombies! A very special mention has to go to my third game with eljoemo, for an exciting win through a 20+ strong Bone Wall.

How could you summarize the whole tourney in one very short sentence or even one word?
    Braaaaaiiiiiiins.
    Congratulations to the winner! You can see his decks here.

• It's not a surprise that the August 15th's Dilgo Wars V: The Lightning Strikes Back - Unupgraded was won by Master of Gravity, Ginyu, since Dilgos must obey their master. ;) He indicated how much he appreciates them when he said, "Armagios are great creatures and they deserve to shine." Ginyu presented a perfect approach to this tournament as he didn't lose a single game! This was a well-deserved win.  Congratulations!

• August 22nd's Division 7 - Unupgraded was a tournament for math lovers. So let's do some math:  So far in August, the winners were Ginyu, then Physsion, then Ginyu again, and finally ... Physsion triumphed one more time! Is this going to be a pattern? ;) The winner admitted himself that: "Ginyu and I have won alternating tournaments for the entire month of August, which is funny and a little crazy!" In addition, he said thanks to using some key cards such as Unstable Gas, Lava Golem, Toadfish, and most importantly, Wings, helped him to win that tournament. Here are his winning decks. Well, I guess your huge wings provide you excellent protection; after all you are a giant owl (behold his avatar). ;)

• After quite a long period of forum inactivity, Odii Odsen came back and won August 29th's last tournament of the month, Beggars Sr. vs Barons Sr. - Upgraded. In truth, it was more a tournament of Beggars, as there was only one who chose Baron, and subsequently lost his first match. Below is a short interview with the winner (in the spoiler):
    Spoiler for Interview with the winner:
    After a quite long period of inactivity, you came back with great style to win this tournament. What was the most exciting moment of the tourney for you?
    There were a couple of exciting moments. I guess the most exciting moment was when I realized that I won the tourney. High five to my brother taker.  :D
    Do you think that the rules of the tournament were balanced? There was only one Baron, who happened to lose his first match. The rest of players, including yourself, were Beggars. Does it mean that Beggars had an advantage over Barons and that the rules should be adjusted in the future?
    I think it's a bit unbalanced for the upped system. But I used a couple of "Baron cards." So I had to use many unupgraded cards (about 33%). I mainly used stalls.
    I think the reason why the most ppl were Beggars is because of the speed advantage of upgraded cards. Plus you have more flexible variations.

Could you summarize the whole tourney in one very short sentence or even one word?
    It was fun to play a WT again. Note: On the day when I made a break from Elements I won the weekly tourney. I could win a second one in a row (for me). :)
    Congratulations! We hope you remain with us and good luck winning more tournaments!

Spoiler for Leagues:

• Championship League: Welcome to the third season of the Championship League, the last of 2015! Good luck to all participants as you compete for the title!

• Battle League: The 3/2015 season of Battle League is also underway, with Linkcat scoring FIRST BLOOD.

Spoiler for Forum Games:

• Mafia 50 has ended with a Vigilante Victory! Congrats to all the Vigilantes!

• Submachine's Mafia 51 is about to start - stay tuned to see the action unfold!

• Elements Tag 2 is underway, but it's too early for any player to have built a dominant lead.

• Congratulations to the winner of the Elements Demon Tournament, Kuroaitou

Spoiler for Staff Changes and Donations:

• The individuals having the responsibilities of managing War will be announced soon. Stay tuned!

• Congratulations to our newest staffer, Discord, who has been hired as a Newsletter Writer immediately following the publication of this issue.  She's been an amazing help to the team unofficially, and we're glad to add a third official member to our team!

Forum Hosting Status has finally been updated (it hasn't been updated since March).

Here are the list of donors who donated from April up to now:

Gold Donors
Treldon
RootRanger
Zso_Zso

Silver Donors
Aknelo
ddevans96
Fake_Person
G33kyGirl
Iorveil
qwereq
rob77dp

Give a big 'thank you' to them and also to others donators.

You can check current Forum Hosting Status here.

Spoiler for Tea Time (interview):
Tea Time with theelkspeaks

Below is the portion of an interview with theelkspeaks!

Congratulations on the Earth Mastership! As a Master of Earth, how do you intend to win War?

Earth is amazing at bending but not breaking, and that's a characteristic that serves a team well over the course of War.  War is ultimately a game of attrition, one that you win by not losing.

If you could be reincarnated as an elk, would you? If not, what animal would you be reincarnated as instead? (You may choose human if you please).

I've always loved animals and nature in general, but if I were to be reincarnated as an animal, I'd rather be either a falcon or a hawk.  I've always had an attachment to the idea of flying.

How hard is it to maintain all these positions and the related responsabilities? Did you ever feel you might burn out?

I generally do the variety of positions because they excite me and because....

Find this answer and more in theelkspeaks's official interview

Spoiler for Comic of the Month:

This month I would like to proudly present the first comic ever in full color - the second part of "The Wielder of Discord"! In addition, for the first time the design has not been done only by me, but the great part of the comic was made by my good friend Submachine!

LINK TO A COMIC

Spoiler for Deck Idea of the Month:

Spoiler for deck code:
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u5 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 6uq 718 718 718 718 718 718 747 747 747 77f 77k 77k 7ba 7ba 7ba 7gq 7gq 7gq 7gq 7k0 7k2 7k2 7n0 7q5 7q5 7q5 7t9 8pj

Stalling Shards is a deck based on luck and skill, as well as your hand. It could be good, it could be bad, you'll never know for certain. Things in this deck are risky, make the wrong move and you're dead! From the Deadly Poison to the Purify, this deck could easily win with the right draw. Lots of healing factors in this deck also help keep you alive long enough to either deck your opponent out or kill them with damage.

Quantum Tower (16): Quantum Towers The only source of Quanta you'll get in this deck, use it all! Quantum towers will provide 6-3 random quantum for each one tower, i don't fee mathy today, but i'm pretty sure that's alot of quanta!

Discord (1): This weapon is very useful against monos or duos, dealing 6 damage to your opponent every turn, this weapon is very strong!

Shard Of Serendipity (6): On top of lucky draws, you better hope you get something good from this shard, it could be useful, it could be deadly, or, it could just be a simple, weaker creature. (we all get those eventually) but use it if you can, it might be useful!

Deadly Poison (6): Deadly Poison is a useful thing to use against any opponent, dealing 3 damage for each one you have, it's stackable, and annoying if your opponent doesn't have purify.

Gravitation Guard (3): Gravitation guard, in this deck, is just an extra damage boost. dealing 4 damage to your opponent each, it could get a little nasty for your opponent if they don't have enough Creature Control to stop a 7 health creature.

Pulverizer (1): If you draw this card, it's endless permanent destroying for you. With only the need for two Gravity quanta or destroying one permanent, and the chance of getting some from your Towers, your opponent's permanents are long gone as soon as your draw this card!

Granite Skin (2): Granite Skin requires lots of earth quanta to be successful, that's still possible with the towers, but it'll be slower.

Shard Of Gratitude (3): More healing! This shard is very useful in more ways than one. If you're looking for an EM, no creatures left on the field and only a weapon, this shard will give you tat if you're at almost full health.

Purify (4): Purify helps if your opponents have Poison, less Poison for each Purify you have, and stackable. Also another good healing source.

Mirror Shield (1): Mirror shield is great for blocking your opponent's spells! Put it on as soon as you get it, and your opponent's spells will just bounce right back, no more worries over UG and Poison!

Improved Miracle (2): Low on health? If you have an Improved Miracle out, and enough quanta, use it! Improved Miracle might be expensive, but it's worth it when you're still alive in the end.

Improved Fog (1): Improved Fog has a high chance of blocking creatures, if you get lucky enough, none of the creatures on your opponent's side will hit you at all!

Electrum Hourglass (3): Missing a card for your combo to be complete? Try drawing a second card to see if it's what you need, or speed up your deck a little more with this lovely card, just don't deck yourself out!

Improved Steal (1): Like stealing things? Use this wisely, and you might get lucky with your choice, steal your opponent's shield, or a weapon. the possibilities are endless!

Deck weaknesses: The lack of a few certain cards can be often deadly if you're not careful with your actions. only one steal, that might be hard to draw. Too much healing, where's all the damage? Not enough CC, maybe too much random luck from Shard of Serendipity. This whole deck is based on luck and draw, anf often times, your luk cannot be the best. Of course, if you have a good draw, none of this could be a huge problem.

Deck Strengths: All this healing can be very useful, if you use it wisely, you could get an EM, or maybe, if you don't. you'll just barely survive with only one HP left. Shard of Serendipity can give you some really cool things too, whether it be more healing, or some CC or another creature. Two shield and two weapons for a higher chance of drawing one of the four available in this deck.

Spoiler for Card Idea of the Month:

This card idea of the month is brought to you by Discord.

Originally made in the Weekly Challenge shield competition, this shield is basically a slow antimatter towards attacking creatures while buffing their HP, thus making it harder to kill them.

Whilst only protecting you from one damage per creature, it also reduces the creature's damage, so the damage you take becomes less and less as it attacks. While having a cost of a normal shield, this card is very powerful. Maybe not overpowered, but just enough to make it something to want. Ironically, however, this card is basically an antimatter for Gravity in a way.

Besides the benefits of the antimatter aspect, the creatures attacking you become harder to kill. With -1 | +1, you can turn a light dragon, into something that constantly heals you with increasing health. Like i said, harder to kill! On top of that, however, smaller creatures have a higher chance to be killed, but i higher chance to be antimattered completely, with less HP and less attack.

While this card isn't overpowered, but powerful enough, it does have some weak spots. Like said above, lesser creatures have higher chance to be killed, but stronger creatures could possibly never be killed, unless you got poison, or reverse time. Well known, this card is also still vulnerable to PC cards like Deflagration, or Pulverizer.

All in all, this card would be powerful in any game, while still having quite a few weak spots. I believe this card would go good against any opponent.

Spoiler for New Members:

Spoiler for Thank yous:
Many thanks to:
-Submachine for drawings and script for the comic
-Discord for Deck Idea of the Month and Card Idea of the Month
-J617 for help with Weekly Tournaments section
-theelkspeaks for the interview
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 01:17:23 pm by Krzysiekxd »

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203351#msg1203351
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 06:12:38 pm »
and more +rep ;D looks good, as always, Krzysiek! :)

EDIT (for new staff part): well, let's just say it'll be more an honor than anything to be part of the team, i look forward to it! :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:17:54 pm by Discord »
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203375#msg1203375
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 07:51:49 pm »
Yay my art was used for the Competitions panel!

Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203686#msg1203686
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 12:47:55 am »
Condensed NL added :) Sorry for the delay.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203688#msg1203688
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 01:17:51 am »
Thanks for doing this!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203734#msg1203734
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 01:20:31 pm »
the monthly comic looks like a store bought comic,
cant wait for next month comic!

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203825#msg1203825
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 08:24:37 pm »
Wonderfully made, congrats to NL team!

Also, small nitpick: Discord is a girl :P

Also also, comic is AMAZING ^^ Great job!
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

Offline godofdeath500

• Reputation Power: 2
  • godofdeath500 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Only when we lose ourselves, do we find who we are
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203916#msg1203916
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 11:57:34 pm »
YAY, my deck made it into the newsletter!  :o :o :o  ;D ;D

Thank you, Discord, for reviewing it!
[21:47:33] ‹godofdeath500› 5 years and not a single war.
[21:47:45] ‹godofdeath500› I do not live up to my name.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203917#msg1203917
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 12:01:01 am »
YAY, my deck made it into the newsletter!  :o :o :o  ;D ;D

Thank you, Discord, for reviewing it!
No problemo ;)
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline trashduke

• Reputation Power: 7
  • trashduke is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Got bros?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #10 Winner - Team AirChampionship League 2/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 3rd PlaceWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessThe Last Sontaran - Winner of TrenzaloreSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1203958#msg1203958
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 04:20:42 am »
nice job on the newsletter (as usual)!

Not trying to inadvertently toot my own horn, but Root did a great job hosting Trenzalore and deserves some props for that.
Rainbros guild

Offline G33kyGirl

• Reputation Power: 0
  • G33kyGirl hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Silver Donor
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: September 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59403.msg1204706#msg1204706
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 12:59:53 pm »
I always enjoy the nl  ;D

blarg: Regyptic,rob77dp,mrpaper,JonathanCrazyJ,Treldon,Ginyu,Physsion,Odii Odsen,taker,Linkcat,Kuroaitou,Discord,theelkspeaks,ChaosSnake,Sacripant,Xeugu,isy24jh,dracius19,mspickles,Issou,azginporsuk,jamesbond.jj534,joguelol,pollywhirl,DarkestNoon,asakura_yoe,crocko0031,TheArrogantOne,s2kamuis2,Seipherien,prikovicproducti,Vexxel,Cadwah,kingddd6,Rubidium,Azeral.any,slaava12,nemesys,Smaug,DreadCactus,xibiu,josdeb965,fotcards,crow11383,SethicusDaPaladin,DrNightstone,Evanescent,asics1850,PlayerLife,emaris,Bamitzbrill101,Rilnik,Werter65,SOULCALiiB3R,Shaney190,Zanagh,FunkyFox,tuna117,Vasseer,astrix,SotirisA,lesra,Spacious,gveoniz,jhiggy88,yomiravarela,AgentRomanova,Flound,elgrua,YumYum124816,Submachine,godofdeath500,J617