*Author

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1159306#msg1159306
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 11:59:36 pm »
Found a typo of my name in the Tourney section, and Rent a Deck should be somewhere in the PvP Event section
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline CalambarTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1159405#msg1159405
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 01:12:34 pm »
Found a typo of my name in the Tourney section, and Rent a Deck should be somewhere in the PvP Event section

Sorry for that typo. Fixed now :)
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline J617

• Reputation Power: 3
  • J617 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1159784#msg1159784
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 09:50:15 am »

Since there have been a few cases of people not fully understanding how to solve the puzzle, I have decided that this is the proper forum to post instructions.  I am sorry about any confusion and will endeavor to more fully explain instructions in any future puzzles. 

Spoiler for Hidden:
The goals of Sudoku are to fill in every empty box with one of nine letters and to find the clue. Each letter can appear only once in each horizontal row, as well as in every vertical column, and in each of the 3x3 grids. The finished puzzle will contain the spelling of a word, somehow related to Elements (not necessarily using all nine letters).

Clue: Someone [who is] in charge.

It has the letters: A, E, L, M, N, R, S, T, and U

Click for help in solving:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The only difference between a regular Sudoku and this one is that letters are used instead of numbers.  The same concept is used in solving both.

Here is an simple example of how to solve a Sudoku puzzle.

Because this example is a 4 x 4 puzzle, there must be the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 in each row, column, and 2x2 grid.

Notice that the top row shows the numbers 1 and 4.  The two blank spaces then are obviously 2 and 3, in some order.  Notice the left blank's column.  There is a 3 there, so the number 3 can not go in that left blank space, it must therefore be a 2.  Thus, the other blank space is a 3.

Now notice that upper right grid.  It now has the numbers 1, 3, and 4.  Since it is missing a 2, fill in that blank with a 2.

Now, look at the 2nd column down.  It has a 2 and a 3, so it is missing a 1 and a 4.  In that lower space, there is a 4 in that row (or lower left grid), so that space is a 1.  Consequently, a 4 goes in the upper space.

By either checking the upper left grid or the 2nd row, that blank space is obviously a 3.

Now the remaining first column space is evidently a 2.

The 4th column shows a 2 and a 4, so the other spaces are a 1 and a 3 in some order.  The bottom row has a 1, so the bottom space is a 3 and the one above it is a 1.

Finally, the last two spaces are a 2 and a 4 in some order.  It is now apparent that a 2 goes in the bottom space and the one above it is a 4.

(While following the example given for this puzzle, you may have noticed other ways to progress.  This puzzle can be solved via many different sequences, is it up to you to choose which order to do so; there is no correct order as the answer will still remain the same.)

To find the clue word, read each row across and each column down, trying to find a word.  You may find a few words in the puzzle, but the one related to this Elements puzzle is the one which somewhat fits the [Elements] clue.   Keep in mind that the word doesn't necessarily use all nine letters.

Click for the example puzzle:

Spoiler for Hidden:

Hopefully, this information will help everyone understand how to solve the puzzle.  If there are still questions, feel free to pm me.

Janice
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:07:05 am by J617 »

Offline jarozaoz

• Reputation Power: 8
  • jarozaoz is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Little, crazy guy.
  • Awards: Icons for Donors Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1160677#msg1160677
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 12:00:29 pm »
Beautifull newsletter!

Spoiler for Hidden:
I've wanted to give you a really big "like"... ♥
You. And sand. Endless sand. Endless trillions tons of sand.
This endless power. which can kill you like insignificant bug.
This, is a power of :time...

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1160679#msg1160679
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 12:01:38 pm »
Beautifull newsletter!

Spoiler for Hidden:
I've wanted to give you a really big "like"... ♥

So the like button has a button on it's sleeve. Never really noticed.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline rogerluc

• rogerluc is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1162353#msg1162353
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 09:35:22 am »
tks for this newsletter, first time i see that, i don"t know that newsletter were alive
tks for your job
:entropy -- War #8
:air -- War #9

Offline Aknelo

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Aknelo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I got nothing...
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1163586#msg1163586
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 10:57:56 am »
Thanks and Dziekuje for the Newsletter.   8)

Really good read and informative.  I've only ever looked at one or two newsletters before and never found them interesting.  This was different, it was good.  Layout was great: nice, clean and clear.  The size was good and fit in my browser nicely.

Well done, I look forward to checking out Novembers.
Think of the last time you were happy...                 Think of the last time you were angry...

Which will you choose next time?

Offline J617

• J617 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1164669#msg1164669
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2014, 12:34:39 pm »

I have a question especially for those people interested in sending in the answers to the puzzles, that may have some difficulty accomplishing this.  Maybe you don't know how to use paint and upload a picture, or maybe you have difficulties trying to determine how to type an answer to me.   

I just want to know if I need to stick to puzzles which are easier to send answers to, or if more complicated ones, such as crosswords, are fine as is.  For example, if you type the answer, one could answer this way:

Across:
1 ____
2 ____
4 ____

Down:
1 ____
2 ____
3 ____

Or one could simply type the first line of letters followed by the next, (no need of spaces if you wish), etc., such as:

nextslot
eeoo
wtwo

etc.  One needn't type the puzzle exactly as it is shown.  I would only need the answers.

Or if that is too complicated, should puzzles like that be passworded, where, for example, you need only return certain marked letters to me.  Of those who wish to send answers, would the full type of puzzle be a problem?  Do I need to think about ease of replying, before making new puzzles?  I thought puzzles such as this would be easy enough to answer, but maybe I should ask those who would do the sending. 

I also believe, from what people have pmed me, that they would like a variety of puzzles.  I have been making a medley of puzzles, but maybe such diversity may make it harder for some people to answer.

Really, of those that I have thought of making, the most difficult puzzles to send an answer for, are word searches.  Without uploading a picture, I would think that this would be really hard to accomplish.

Of course, if anyone ever has a problem with sending me an answer, they are always welcome to pm me to ask how to accomplish such.  I am happy to give any help I can.

(FYI, I have had no problem reading any answers that I have received.)

(I placed this in October's Newsletter as I think more people may have had a greater chance of difficulty with sending in the answer to Sudoku than November's phrase puzzle.)

Anyways, if there are concerns that I need to address when making puzzles, please let me know.  (I have two nearly ready, but this would certainly affect the subsequent ones I make.)

Janice

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:45:11 pm by J617 »

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1164672#msg1164672
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2014, 01:09:04 pm »
How I solved the Sudoku:

1) Downloaded picture of puzzle, and printed two copies
2) Solved puzzle on 'dirty' copy
3) Transferred solution, without work, to 'clean' copy, circling the hidden word
4) Scanned, uploaded, and submitted clean copy

I would probably do this for any puzzle, word searches included. Might not be practical for everyone, but it worked well for me.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1164704#msg1164704
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2014, 07:10:17 pm »
I just remade it with ASCII.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1164727#msg1164727
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2014, 10:10:43 pm »
I put it on paint and solved it from there using the eraser tool when necessary

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1164743#msg1164743
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2014, 11:30:32 pm »
Copied on a piece of paper and solved it from there (low tech version of what dd did). It was simple enough not to need a dirty version.

For submitting I used gimp pasting the letters in the right places on top of the original picture and changed the colour of the part where the answer was.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

anything
blarg: