*Author

Offline CalambarTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157842#msg1157842
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:16:11 am »
Announcement:
Are you using low resolution? Tired of constantly moving the slider back and forth? Now, specially for you, we made a smaller version of Newsletter which is only 400 pixels wide! Just click a SECOND spoiler to open it. Enjoy!

Spoiler for October 2014 NL:

PREPARE YOURSELF!
WAR IS COMING!

• The biggest forum PvP Event
    :entropy :death :gravity :earth :life
     :fireW A R:water
     :light :air :time :darkness :aether
    is almost here!

You still have time to join War #8! Don't hesitate, but submit your application HERE.
    Help your favourite Element dethrone Aether or defend the title if you're  :aether lover.

• Heir of the False Gods sign up phase just ended, but you can still join the action if you're quick!  Tune in as 22 or more players battle to be crowned the heir!

• A new rendition of Grid will be coming up in the near future as well, hosted by ddevans96 and dark ripper.  Stay tuned for more updates!

• The Council was in need of forum icons to give to all community donors, so our beloved CO's set up a competition
    4 Icons for Donors
     to find these awards. Between many great submissions, Jarozaoz won! Take a look here if you wanna see the icon awards we're gonna use for donors!

• Hey, it's time for war! You played tons of duels and battles but...how have you always imagined them? A fierce clash between mighty armies? Powerful elementalist wizards who hurl deadly spells? Write a short story about it! Join a new
    Short Story Competition: War Correspondent
    Let your imagination fly!

• It was a lucky week for Fippe94! He not only won 8th Death Trials, but also won his first tournament ever - September 6th - Winter is Coming - Unupgraded. Master of Death of course spent his code for also a first mark ever - Mark of Death. Congratulations and keep it up! May the sudden, unexpected, premature death not stop this amazing winning streak ;)

• Is it going to be a trend that Masters win tourneys? Nevertheless, that only proves their worthiness! After Death now that was time for...
    Time Master SpikeSpiegel to win second tourney of the month: September 13th - Rotation - Unupgraded. According to the winner the touney was tricky, hard and interesting, "since rotation forced players to deckbuild and use several and different decks." The final was not the hardest match for Spike but he admitted that Rutarete, who finally got 6th place, almost beat him in round 3 and it was the hardest game for Master of Time. So maybe next time Time again? ;)

• September 20th was a lucky day for CCCombobreaker who won the third tournament of the month, Origins - Unupgraded, apparently thanks to his wife: "I want to thank my patient and loving wife who let me stay up til 2 am to play in this tournament." We hope she is proud of him ;) Rules were interesting and forced players to build many decks. CCCombobreaker admitted that meeting a bye was a big advantage for him in that meta. Well, let's assume he won that thanks to (and except for his wife) his playing skills anyway (and maybe also just thanks to RNG blessing ;)).

• Release the deuce22! Has the turquoise ninja dog come back to reign over the Elements realm again? He proved his PvP skills one more time winning September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded. He was humble enough to admit that he won majorly thanks to kind RNG, but we know he is just good. Just look at his awesome rewards collection ;) Grandmaster liked the tourney, even though the meta was very restricted, "almost too restricted, but there was enough variety that 1 deck did not beat ALL other decks," he said. All in all, it seems that, beside the  exception to the rule last time when CCCombobreaker won the tourney (he's a breaker after all), the trend of masters winning tourneys continues. So which master again? Any bets? ;)

• Championship League: Defending CL and WC champion and recently crowned master of Air Afdarenty is soaring above the rest once again, riding a 17-9 record to the lead with a score of 1573.

New member to the community but member of the extremely exclusive level 80 club is pwconfirm, whose debut in the Championship League has currently confirmed his experience level with an impressive 2nd place score of 1561 through 48 matches.

In 3rd place, it's Deja Vu as the former Time master returns to his throne as Master of Time and has dialed up a 3rd place position in the CL, with 1550 points for SpikeSpiegel.  There's certainly enough time for him to catch up to the leaders.

Speaking of returns, xn0ize is back from the dead and kicking, with a quick 5-1 record leading to a 4th place ranking of 1541.

I don't see anyone in 5th place, something must be wrong.  Or maybe that's just the way Odii Odsen, the two-time master of Darkness, likes it, with 14 wins and 10 losses giving him a 1538 score.  Can his cloaked assault on the leaderboard clip the wings of Afdarenty?

You've seen him in the Battle League, and now he's in the Championship League too! worldwideweb3 has had an impressive debut in the Championship League, with a 1525 score from 35 matches played. 

And rounding out our top 7, we find Jen-i, the newest Master of Light.  With a 1521 score, he cracks the top 7 in both leagues and has truly brilliant play.  He had a slow start, but he's looking to pull out a Miracle on the standings, and take the glory of the top spots.

• Battle League: Cheesy111 has soared out to an incredible 36-7 record, good for an 83.7% win rate, a +29 win differential, and a score that's pushed very close to 1700, and currently sits at 1662.  Wow!

Chasing him is worldwideweb3, about 30 points back at 1629, who was the only player above 1600 for much of the 1/2014 season.  Some late losses cost him the lead in the previous season, but he looks primed to hold on this time around.  Can he keep his 77.3% winrate up?

In 3rd place, and also in the 1600+ club, is Jen-i, who matches Cheesy's +29 win difference en route to a 1606 score.  With the most games played in the League, at 65, Jen-i has registered some impressive results.  Can he catch the top 2?

Rounding out the current Chase pack we have 4th place Vangelios, the recently crowned Master of Fire. With a 1592 score and 2 wins for every loss, he could make a serious run for first if he gets on a hot streak.

Moving into the lower half of the top 7, 5th place currently belongs to mrpaper, but his 1559 score means he'll need a list of wins to catch up to the top 4.  Can he draw up the magic plan?

In 6th place, we find Ginyu, whose 8-2 record has propelled her to a 1553 score.  If she keeps up that winrate, she could definitely make a run at the top, but only time will tell.

And narrowly leading a tight 5-player pack for 7th, salox's 4-0 record gives him a 1537 score.  Of note in the pack are recent runner-up dragonsdemesne, at 1530, and newcomer Shinki12345, with a 1533 score, who recently bopped both Jen-i and mrpaper.  Wow!

• Time is almost up to join the Leagues for the current season! Hurry up and get a match or two in to secure your place!

• Mafia 41 by dawn to dusk has ended.  The joint Angel and Demonic mafias narrowly eked out a win over the civilians. 

• Mastermind by Submachine. We don't approve of cracking per se, but you're free to crack the code in this game and show how beatiful is your mind!

• Congratulations for our new Tournament Organizers SpikeSpiegel and dawn to dusk! And wasn't it Spike who said that he is against giving one person too many staff positions? Hmmm... Interesting ;)

• Applications for the new Deck Helpers have closed.  Stay tuned to see who the Council hires. (and watch for Council members rolling 10-sided dice in chat)

Tea Time with Giants:CuCN

Below is the portion of an interview with CuCN!

First off, we'll start with some general getting to know you questions.
What made you choose the name CuCN? Are you a chemist?.

I'm currently in the first year of college, studying chemistry. I've been interested in chemistry for years, and this username is from 9th grade, when I decided to pick a name and use it consistently. Before that, I had a different name (usually a bunch of random characters) on every site. I wanted my username to be a cyanide chemical, and then I picked a cation at random. Since then, CuCN, coppercyanide, or some variation on that is what I've used most of the time.

How did you find EtG, and what was your first experience with the game like?

I don't remember how I found EtG, but it must have been on the main site. I picked Death as my starter element and chose +- as an IGN (representing the ± symbol, and I don't remember why anymore). As a noob, I made a terrible death/gravity/darkness trio that beat Level 1 most of the time and Level 2 rarely, and played that long enough to upgrade a card (Retrovirus). My best guess for when this happened is some time around November 2011, and then I forgot about EtG until I found it on Kong in March 2012. Once I started playing it again, someone finally told me why my deck was bad. I switched to ai3 farming with the normal mono death rush, and eventually got to the forum, which I lurked for months before creating an account.

You always seem to have a lot of programming knowledge whenever people ask questions in chat - can you tell us about your background with programming?

My only formal programming background is a year of Java in high school, but I've been exposed to programming for my whole life because my parents are programmers.

Find this answer and more in CuCN's official interview

New Members

Spoiler for Introduction posts:

Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board. Just click a certain name to be redirected to corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to new comers ;)

This month Krzysiekxd would like to present a first part of comic about new Masters! Below it is only an excerpt of a comic. You can find full comic under the excerpt.

Spoiler for An excerpt of a comic:

LINK TO A FULL COMIC

In honor of his recent Trial victory and victory as the best liked Trials Final Battle Deck, this month we're going to feature one of Jen-i's decks from the Trials of Light finals!

The deck itself looked as follows:

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
596 596 5lf 5ll 5ll 5ll 749 749 77f 77f 77f 77f 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7k5 7k5 7k5 8pl

The requirements for the deck involved a 40% Light requirement, no more of any other element than Light, and a 24 upgrade maximum.  Let's look card-by-card at the deck and see what Jen-i did!

The key combo of this deck is Crusader + Pulverizer, which is a quanta trio - requiring  :light:earth, and  :gravity quanta.  :earth is the least used quanta in the base combo, so Jen-i decides to use spare :earth quanta which will inevitably be created to power Iridium Wardens.

Mark of Gravity - Allows earth pendulums to provide Gravity quanta reliably for using the pulverizer effect.

Light Towers - The main quanta source for the light in the deck.

Earth Pendulums - Generate both Earth and Gravity quanta in order to power the two control effects in the deck - Guard and Pulverize - on alternate turns.

Pulverizer - The weapon card that the Crusaders will endow and that serves as repeatable PC.  Jen-i makes the unusual choice to include 4 weapons in the deck in order to ensure an early Pulvy - absolutely key to the success of this deck.

Crusader - Having several crusaders will allow Jen to multiply his pulverizer effect to gain absolute control over the opponent's board.  Having 6 crusaders virtually guarantees 3 or more permanents smashed per turn, if the quanta can keep up.

Gravity Shield - a somewhat unusual choice, especially given the need for high amounts of Gravity quanta in the deck.  Consider that the opponent has to be playing a highly light-based deck as well.  Many Light creatures have high HP, so Jen's use of Gravity Shield will block a significant number of them.

Iridium Warden - Uses the remaining earth quanta not used to play the Pulverizer in order to gain a repeatable source of CC.  Together with the Gravity shield, this allows Jen-i to prevent the majority of damage threats.

Blessing - This can increase the damage of a single crusader, or allow a warden to actually damage opposing creatures.  With only one copy, this isn't a core strategy of the deck, but it can help in some situations.

This deck is very quanta-hungry, so Jen decided to upgrade Quanta first, then weapons and Crusaders for more damage.

Congratulations to Jen-i!  You can see the deck in action here!

Dodo | Dodo by SpikeSpiegel
This card review was written by the Idea Guru Drake_XIV.

This month's card idea comes from our new Master of Time SpikeSpiegel who comes in representing his element with his own card idea for Time.

Dodo is a low cost creature that, while coming with a high attack stat, comes with a timer. Each turn, Dodo loses one health and, with three health, gives it a three turn time limit before this flightless bird goes extinct for good.

Duo Possibilities

[ :time | :earth ] - With Graboid, Dodo has huge power and potency in a rush style deck with a fairly cheap cost with its high base attack. But Earth also offers methods of sustain for Dodo with the use of Plate Armor, giving it more field time despite its ability.

[ :time | :water ] - The changes to Purify a while back helped soldify the use of Acceleration with the addition of its health regain. And that would definitely help with the health loss on Dodo's balancing effect.

[ :time | :fire ] - Rushes. Dodo finds its home mostly in rushes. And Fire definitely fits this mold. With its low cost, Dodo can be used in conjunction with Immolation instead of Graboid, leaving more Earth to be used for Lava Golem.

[ :time | :light ] - Light gives a lot of healing for creatures, which Dodo needs to stay on the field either through Guardian Angel's heal or buffs through Blessing, which would give it more power alongside more field presence.

Puzzle of the Month

This month, thanks to courtesy of J617, we would like to present an Elements related word puzzle. She is eager to make a puzzle every month, but please tell us if you like such a puzzle in the Newsletter, even though we have the Forum Games board.

Elements Sudoku

The goals of Sudoku are to fill in every empty box with one of nine letters and to find the clue. Each letter can appear only once in each horizontal row, as well as in every vertical column, and in each of the 3x3 grids. The finished puzzle will contain the spelling of a word, somehow related to Elements (not necessarily using all nine letters).

Clue: Someone in charge.

It has the letters: A E L  M N R S T U

You have  to solve this puzzle and send via PM to: J617

All who send correct answers before deadline will be presented in the list of people who solved the puzzle in the November Newsletter :)

Spoiler for How to solve the puzzle:
How you solve it is up to you actually. You can fill the image with letters or just make it somehow here, for example:

A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C

A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C

A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C

Spoiler for Photocredit:

Many thanks to:
-Drake_XIV for Card Idea of the Month
-J617 for Puzzle of the Month and for inspiring us  to create a second smaller version of the Newsletter
-CuCN for the interview
-all Weekly Tournaments winners for mini-interviews
-all Masters for contributing to the Comic of the Month
-all readers for reading ;)

Please give us feedback if you like the new slightly changed look of the Newsletter and Puzzle of the month :)

SMALL VERSION:
Spoiler for Small version:

PREPARE YOURSELF!
WAR IS COMING!

CONTENTS:

Spoiler for PvP Events:

• The biggest forum PvP Event
    :entropy :death :gravity :earth :life
     :fireW A R:water
     :light :air :time :darkness :aether
    is almost here!

You still have time to join War #8! Don't hesitate, but submit your application HERE.
    Help your favourite Element dethrone Aether or defend the title if you're  :aether lover.

• Heir of the False Gods sign up phase just ended, but you can still join the action if you're quick!  Tune in as 22 or more players battle to be crowned the heir!

• A new rendition of Grid will be coming up in the near future as well, hosted by ddevans96 and dark ripper.  Stay tuned for more updates!

Spoiler for Competitions:

• The Council was in need of forum icons to give to all community donors, so our beloved CO's set up a competition
    4 Icons for Donors
     to find these awards. Between many great submissions, Jarozaoz won! Take a look here if you wanna see the icon awards we're gonna use for donors!

• Hey, it's time for war! You played tons of duels and battles but...how have you always imagined them? A fierce clash between mighty armies? Powerful elementalist wizards who hurl deadly spells? Write a short story about it! Join a new
    Short Story Competition: War Correspondent
    Let your imagination fly!

Spoiler for Weekly Tournaments:

• It was a lucky week for Fippe94! He not only won 8th Death Trials, but also won his first tournament ever - September 6th - Winter is Coming - Unupgraded. Master of Death of course spent his code for also a first mark ever - Mark of Death. Congratulations and keep it up! May the sudden, unexpected, premature death not stop this amazing winning streak ;)

• Is it going to be a trend that Masters win tourneys? Nevertheless, that only proves their worthiness! After Death now that was time for...
    Time Master SpikeSpiegel to win second tourney of the month: September 13th - Rotation - Unupgraded. According to the winner the touney was tricky, hard and interesting, "since rotation forced players to deckbuild and use several and different decks." The final was not the hardest match for Spike but he admitted that Rutarete, who finally got 6th place, almost beat him in round 3 and it was the hardest game for Master of Time. So maybe next time Time again? ;)

• September 20th was a lucky day for CCCombobreaker who won the third tournament of the month, Origins - Unupgraded, apparently thanks to his wife: "I want to thank my patient and loving wife who let me stay up til 2 am to play in this tournament." We hope she is proud of him ;) Rules were interesting and forced players to build many decks. CCCombobreaker admitted that meeting a bye was a big advantage for him in that meta. Well, let's assume he won that thanks to (and except for his wife) his playing skills anyway (and maybe also just thanks to RNG blessing ;)).

• Release the deuce22! Has the turquoise ninja dog come back to reign over the Elements realm again? He proved his PvP skills one more time winning September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded. He was humble enough to admit that he won majorly thanks to kind RNG, but we know he is just good. Just look at his awesome rewards collection ;) Grandmaster liked the tourney, even though the meta was very restricted, "almost too restricted, but there was enough variety that 1 deck did not beat ALL other decks," he said. All in all, it seems that, beside the  exception to the rule last time when CCCombobreaker won the tourney (he's a breaker after all), the trend of masters winning tourneys continues. So which master again? Any bets? ;)
Spoiler for Leagues:

• Championship League: Defending CL and WC champion and recently crowned master of Air Afdarenty is soaring above the rest once again, riding a 17-9 record to the lead with a score of 1573.

New member to the community but member of the extremely exclusive level 80 club is pwconfirm, whose debut in the Championship League has currently confirmed his experience level with an impressive 2nd place score of 1561 through 48 matches.

In 3rd place, it's Deja Vu as the former Time master returns to his throne as Master of Time and has dialed up a 3rd place position in the CL, with 1550 points for SpikeSpiegel.  There's certainly enough time for him to catch up to the leaders.

Speaking of returns, xn0ize is back from the dead and kicking, with a quick 5-1 record leading to a 4th place ranking of 1541.

I don't see anyone in 5th place, something must be wrong.  Or maybe that's just the way Odii Odsen, the two-time master of Darkness, likes it, with 14 wins and 10 losses giving him a 1538 score.  Can his cloaked assault on the leaderboard clip the wings of Afdarenty?

You've seen him in the Battle League, and now he's in the Championship League too! worldwideweb3 has had an impressive debut in the Championship League, with a 1525 score from 35 matches played. 

And rounding out our top 7, we find Jen-i, the newest Master of Light.  With a 1521 score, he cracks the top 7 in both leagues and has truly brilliant play.  He had a slow start, but he's looking to pull out a Miracle on the standings, and take the glory of the top spots.

• Battle League: Cheesy111 has soared out to an incredible 36-7 record, good for an 83.7% win rate, a +29 win differential, and a score that's pushed very close to 1700, and currently sits at 1662.  Wow!

Chasing him is worldwideweb3, about 30 points back at 1629, who was the only player above 1600 for much of the 1/2014 season.  Some late losses cost him the lead in the previous season, but he looks primed to hold on this time around.  Can he keep his 77.3% winrate up?

In 3rd place, and also in the 1600+ club, is Jen-i, who matches Cheesy's +29 win difference en route to a 1606 score.  With the most games played in the League, at 65, Jen-i has registered some impressive results.  Can he catch the top 2?

Rounding out the current Chase pack we have 4th place Vangelios, the recently crowned Master of Fire. With a 1592 score and 2 wins for every loss, he could make a serious run for first if he gets on a hot streak.

Moving into the lower half of the top 7, 5th place currently belongs to mrpaper, but his 1559 score means he'll need a list of wins to catch up to the top 4.  Can he draw up the magic plan?

In 6th place, we find Ginyu, whose 8-2 record has propelled her to a 1553 score.  If she keeps up that winrate, she could definitely make a run at the top, but only time will tell.

And narrowly leading a tight 5-player pack for 7th, salox's 4-0 record gives him a 1537 score.  Of note in the pack are recent runner-up dragonsdemesne, at 1530, and newcomer Shinki12345, with a 1533 score, who recently bopped both Jen-i and mrpaper.  Wow!

• Time is almost up to join the Leagues for the current season! Hurry up and get a match or two in to secure your place!

Spoiler for Forum Games:

• Mafia 41 by dawn to dusk has ended.  The joint Angel and Demonic mafias narrowly eked out a win over the civilians. 

• Mastermind by Submachine. We don't approve of cracking per se, but you're free to crack the code in this game and show how beatiful is your mind!

Spoiler for Staff Changes:
  • Congratulations for our new Tournament Organizers SpikeSpiegel and dawn to dusk! And wasn't it Spike who said that he is against giving one person too many staff positions? Hmmm... Interesting ;)

• Applications for the new Deck Helpers have closed.  Stay tuned to see who the Council hires. (and watch for Council members rolling 10-sided dice in chat)
Spoiler for Tea Time with Giants (interview):
Tea Time with Giants:CuCN

Below is the portion of an interview with CuCN!

First off, we'll start with some general getting to know you questions.
What made you choose the name CuCN? Are you a chemist?.

I'm currently in the first year of college, studying chemistry. I've been interested in chemistry for years, and this username is from 9th grade, when I decided to pick a name and use it consistently. Before that, I had a different name (usually a bunch of random characters) on every site. I wanted my username to be a cyanide chemical, and then I picked a cation at random. Since then, CuCN, coppercyanide, or some variation on that is what I've used most of the time.

How did you find EtG, and what was your first experience with the game like?

I don't remember how I found EtG, but it must have been on the main site. I picked Death as my starter element and chose +- as an IGN (representing the ± symbol, and I don't remember why anymore). As a noob, I made a terrible death/gravity/darkness trio that beat Level 1 most of the time and Level 2 rarely, and played that long enough to upgrade a card (Retrovirus). My best guess for when this happened is some time around November 2011, and then I forgot about EtG until I found it on Kong in March 2012. Once I started playing it again, someone finally told me why my deck was bad. I switched to ai3 farming with the normal mono death rush, and eventually got to the forum, which I lurked for months before creating an account.

You always seem to have a lot of programming knowledge whenever people ask questions in chat - can you tell us about your background with programming?

My only formal programming background is a year of Java in high school, but I've been exposed to programming for my whole life because my parents are programmers.

Find this answer and more in CuCN's official interview
Spoiler for Comic of the Month:
This month Krzysiekxd would like to present a first part of comic about new Masters! Below is a link to a comic.

LINK TO A COMIC

Spoiler for Deck Idea of the Month:

In honor of his recent Trial victory and victory as the best liked Trials Final Battle Deck, this month we're going to feature one of Jen-i's decks from the Trials of Light finals!

The deck itself looked as follows:

Please copy paste into this program
Spoiler for Deck code:
596 596 5lf 5ll 5ll 5ll 749 749 77f 77f 77f 77f 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 78q 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7k5 7k5 7k5 8pl

The requirements for the deck involved a 40% Light requirement, no more of any other element than Light, and a 24 upgrade maximum.  Let's look card-by-card at the deck and see what Jen-i did!

The key combo of this deck is Crusader + Pulverizer, which is a quanta trio - requiring  :light:earth, and  :gravity quanta.  :earth is the least used quanta in the base combo, so Jen-i decides to use spare :earth quanta which will inevitably be created to power Iridium Wardens.

Mark of Gravity - Allows earth pendulums to provide Gravity quanta reliably for using the pulverizer effect.

Light Towers - The main quanta source for the light in the deck.

Earth Pendulums - Generate both Earth and Gravity quanta in order to power the two control effects in the deck - Guard and Pulverize - on alternate turns.

Pulverizer - The weapon card that the Crusaders will endow and that serves as repeatable PC.  Jen-i makes the unusual choice to include 4 weapons in the deck in order to ensure an early Pulvy - absolutely key to the success of this deck.

Crusader - Having several crusaders will allow Jen to multiply his pulverizer effect to gain absolute control over the opponent's board.  Having 6 crusaders virtually guarantees 3 or more permanents smashed per turn, if the quanta can keep up.

Gravity Shield - a somewhat unusual choice, especially given the need for high amounts of Gravity quanta in the deck.  Consider that the opponent has to be playing a highly light-based deck as well.  Many Light creatures have high HP, so Jen's use of Gravity Shield will block a significant number of them.

Iridium Warden - Uses the remaining earth quanta not used to play the Pulverizer in order to gain a repeatable source of CC.  Together with the Gravity shield, this allows Jen-i to prevent the majority of damage threats.

Blessing - This can increase the damage of a single crusader, or allow a warden to actually damage opposing creatures.  With only one copy, this isn't a core strategy of the deck, but it can help in some situations.

This deck is very quanta-hungry, so Jen decided to upgrade Quanta first, then weapons and Crusaders for more damage.

Congratulations to Jen-i!  You can see the deck in action here!
Spoiler for Card Idea of the Month:

Dodo | Dodo by SpikeSpiegel
This card review was written by the Idea Guru Drake_XIV.

This month's card idea comes from our new Master of Time SpikeSpiegel who comes in representing his element with his own card idea for Time.

Dodo is a low cost creature that, while coming with a high attack stat, comes with a timer. Each turn, Dodo loses one health and, with three health, gives it a three turn time limit before this flightless bird goes extinct for good.

Duo Possibilities

[ :time | :earth ] - With Graboid, Dodo has huge power and potency in a rush style deck with a fairly cheap cost with its high base attack. But Earth also offers methods of sustain for Dodo with the use of Plate Armor, giving it more field time despite its ability.

[ :time | :water ] - The changes to Purify a while back helped soldify the use of Acceleration with the addition of its health regain. And that would definitely help with the health loss on Dodo's balancing effect.

[ :time | :fire ] - Rushes. Dodo finds its home mostly in rushes. And Fire definitely fits this mold. With its low cost, Dodo can be used in conjunction with Immolation instead of Graboid, leaving more Earth to be used for Lava Golem.

[ :time | :light ] - Light gives a lot of healing for creatures, which Dodo needs to stay on the field either through Guardian Angel's heal or buffs through Blessing, which would give it more power alongside more field presence.
Spoiler for Puzzle of the Month:
Puzzle of the Month

This month, thanks to courtesy of J617, we would like to present an Elements related word puzzle. She is eager to make a puzzle every month, but please tell us if you like such a puzzle in the Newsletter, even though we have the Forum Games board.

Elements Sudoku

The goals of Sudoku are to fill in every empty box with one of nine letters and to find the clue. Each letter can appear only once in each horizontal row, as well as in every vertical column, and in each of the 3x3 grids. The finished puzzle will contain the spelling of a word, somehow related to Elements (not necessarily using all nine letters).

Clue: Someone in charge.

It has the letters: A E L  M N R S T U

You have  to solve this puzzle and send via PM to: J617

All who send correct answers before deadline will be presented in the list of people who solved the puzzle in the November Newsletter :)

Spoiler for How to solve the puzzle:
How you solve it is up to you actually. You can fill the image with letters or just make it somehow here, for example:

A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C

A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C

A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C
A B C | A B C | A B C
Spoiler for New Members:
Spoiler for Photocredit:

Spoiler for Thank yous:
Many thanks to:
-Drake_XIV for Card Idea of the Month
-J617 for Puzzle of the Month and for inspiring us  to create a second smaller version of the Newsletter
-CuCN for the interview
-all Weekly Tournaments winners for mini-interviews
-all Masters for contributing to the Comic of the Month
-all readers for reading ;)

Please give us feedback if you like the new slightly changed look of the Newsletter, Puzzle of the Month and if you are the one who finds this smaller version useful :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:12:07 pm by Krzysiekxd »
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157843#msg1157843
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:17:57 am »
I got credited for Deck Idea of the Month instead of Card Idea of the Month

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157844#msg1157844
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:19:21 am »
I got credited for Deck Idea of the Month instead of Card Idea of the Month

Oops, sorry, changed ;)

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157845#msg1157845
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:29:54 am »

Dodo in NL...

Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157869#msg1157869
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:25 am »
One of the most awesome Newsletters evar! +10,000 rep to everyone involved! :D
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157871#msg1157871
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 11:46:46 am »
One of the most awesome Newsletters evar! +10,000 rep to everyone involved! :D

Glad to hear that ^^

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157895#msg1157895
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 01:57:52 pm »
Thanks for doing this you guys!
And also, Rent a Deck concluded with Hainkarga winning and is missing in the newsletter.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:27:44 am by Rutarete »
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157905#msg1157905
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 02:25:18 pm »
Thanks for all who contributed to this. Love the puzzle, already solved and submitted :)

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157907#msg1157907
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:45 pm »
Just noting that Elements Mastermind Tournament and Sandbox also started in Forum Games, just like an attempt to open Corrupt a Wish 5.0 (which may be counted as a new sequel).
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157915#msg1157915
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 03:26:54 pm »
Sudoku solved :D , but couldn't find the word...

Can anyone PM it to me? Maybe I'll see it after that.

Also, glad to see my game got mentioned :D +rep for an awesome letter (NOT because I'm mentioned...)

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157920#msg1157920
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »
There is a mistake in the newsletter. "Find this answer and more in CuCN's official interview," yes every newsletter says that, but they offer up a question that doesnt have an answer at the end. Thus the solution would be to add the next question, without an answer, or delete the answer given.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:33:53 pm by CrockettRocket »
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55908.msg1157932#msg1157932
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 05:57:00 pm »
Their There is a mistake in the newsletter. "Find this answer and more in CuCN's official interview," yes every newsletter says that, but they offer up a question that doesnt have an answer at the end. Thus the solution would be to add the next question, without an answer, or delete the answer given.  ;)
FIFY

Pointing out minor mistakes should usually be done without making minor mistakes.  :D

However, the minor point is valid that no question remains unanswered prior to the line about "find this answer".  This takes nothing away from a very good newsletter though - well done writers + contributors!!
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

blarg: ddevans96,dark ripper,Jarozaoz,Fippe94,SpikeSpiegel,Rutarete,CCCombobreaker,deuce22,Afdarenty,pwconfirm,xn0ize,Odii Odsen,worldwideweb3,Cheesy111,Vangelios,mrpaper,Ginyu,salox,dragonsdemesne,Shinki12345,dawn to dusk,iancudorinmarian,Rootranger,Kuroaitou,Submachine,CuCN,UzumakiNaruto,hobbes444,Marethu,xtoybox,BlackBlade,MeowMeowCat,Nathanm2435,Nymphetaminegirl,Rolayler,lagoudaki21,Gold22,prettybaby47,DocWaffle,Batoverlord,TheOneAndOnly,imfrozen,DirgeThorn,plebeuz,Edvvard,Phazon,Ntay,Treldon,ShadowKiD,becky98,Wowock,Dino_,FirePit,Kylie_Lynn97,borat451,dropen,Geggles,zissuu85,The_Scarab,Mike Wave,montrossen,jahaswel,Greatest Cupcake,DragonWithin,tiparas,UnclearMist,EbbAndBro,schmendrick,Noxar,flyingcat,Caracas,Staccato57,TheRealGreyboy,hazeer,humusz2,Afrocalyptic,esfcxds,xenorplay,Mistwolf,Vrath,coffeeNcan,Krzysiekxd,Drake_XIV,J617