*Author

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2013 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51411.msg1103964#msg1103964
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 06:05:56 pm »

I'm sorry if I got this wrong, but I'm REALLY confused:
The card is to prevent all creatures' abilities and passives for 1 turn. Sure you can disable poisonous passive, but how can you devour it with your Otyugh when all abilities are disabled?

kind of unrealistic, but possible with playing Oty and then SoR after playing this card?
Still doesn't work, 'summoning sickness' is there even with SoR, since Oty is not a time card.

Unless I completely missed something, SoR still removes summoning sickness from all elements (hence readiness). The time-specific bonus is allowing two uses.

Whether or not this matters depends on whether the card is an effect applied to all creatures in play at the time the card is cast, or whether it is a field-wide effect that lasts until the next turn.
Nope that is actually not how it works. summoning sickness is only removed if the creature is time, otherwise you still have to wait another turn.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Fareley

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Fareley is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2013 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51411.msg1103966#msg1103966
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 06:09:04 pm »

I'm sorry if I got this wrong, but I'm REALLY confused:
The card is to prevent all creatures' abilities and passives for 1 turn. Sure you can disable poisonous passive, but how can you devour it with your Otyugh when all abilities are disabled?

kind of unrealistic, but possible with playing Oty and then SoR after playing this card?
Still doesn't work, 'summoning sickness' is there even with SoR, since Oty is not a time card.

Unless I completely missed something, SoR still removes summoning sickness from all elements (hence readiness). The time-specific bonus is allowing two uses.

Whether or not this matters depends on whether the card is an effect applied to all creatures in play at the time the card is cast, or whether it is a field-wide effect that lasts until the next turn.

if it was a field-wide effect that lasts until the next turn then it would have that greek building symbol in the bottom right (like sundial), not the electricity (like any other card that instantly goes to the garbage pile)
so it does not make you totally safe from opponents creatures next turn, as he then can in return play a creature + SoR if I understood correctly. At least for time creatures according to the post above
Life is not worth living, yet death is not worth dying for.

Offline ColorlessGreen

• Reputation Power: 14
  • ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.ColorlessGreen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2013 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51411.msg1103967#msg1103967
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 06:17:56 pm »
if it was a field-wide effect that lasts until the next turn then it would have that greek building symbol in the bottom right (like sundial), not the electricity (like any other card that instantly goes to the garbage pile)
so it does not make you totally safe from opponents creatures next turn, as he then can in return play a creature + SoR if I understood correctly. At least for time creatures according to the post above

It is clearly not a permanent and is clearly a spell, but it is unclear whether it is a spell which applies its effect to each creature in play when it is cast (i.e. dry spell), or whether it is a spell which applies its effect to the field when cast (i.e. silence).

Apparently I'm dumb about SoR on non-time creatures though.

Offline Fareley

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Fareley is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2013 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51411.msg1103969#msg1103969
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 06:22:27 pm »

It is clearly not a permanent and is clearly a spell, but it is unclear whether it is a spell which applies its effect to each creature in play when it is cast (i.e. dry spell), or whether it is a spell which applies its effect to the field when cast (i.e. silence).

Apparently I'm dumb about SoR on non-time creatures though.

oh I didn't think of that. I'm sorry im such a noob  :-[

on a completely unrelated topic, nice Newsletter. A lot of interesting information
Life is not worth living, yet death is not worth dying for.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: October 2013 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=51411.msg1109592#msg1109592
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 11:22:35 am »
Almost as good as november's newsletter!

anything
blarg: