*Author

Offline DoctorCTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Elements Community Newsletter: November 2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66444.msg1282161#msg1282161
« on: November 06, 2018, 04:10:10 pm »
Spoiler for November NL 2018:
Massive apologize for the delay, life had been a clustertruck of awful for the NLW team.

-DoctorC

November 2018
Happy Halloween! Death and Darkness elemental have received bonuses!
Table Of Contents:
PvP Events                         Competitions
Weekly Tournaments           Leagues
Forum Games                     All Over the Place
Staff Changes                     New Members
                     FCM Interview

• There Can Be Only One is almost over! Be sure to not miss the closing, this one is ought to be amazing =D

• War 12 is right around the corner! Check out the planned changes for the upcoming event, and suggest some new and original ones if you want to!

• Have you ever had a great idea for a new PvP Event? Post your rule sets in the PvP Event Ideas section, and let the PvPEMs know about your great idea so they can provide feedback and potentially run it if possibly.

• Best artist of EtG forums had been challenged with redecorating the background of our beloved website! Andretimpa came up with magnificent background involving Elements' symbols!

• Simulated Violence happened... This modern technology is really a trainwreck, really wish we could just go back to using spears and clubs to get a point across. Regardless, Vineroz found a way to tame the wild beast that is modern technology and defeat everyone else using it, so congrats to him!

• Playing god gains a whole new meaning in the new card design competition,Divine Artifice! Be sure to get in on the fun, after all, when else do you get to create gods?

• Stay in touch with the competition section by signing up for the Competition Mailing List! It will guarantee you getting notified whenever there's a new competition going, so you can begin right away!

• Ever wanted to relive that wonderful War 11? Well, the Winning War Like a Champ Tournament had given that opportunity for those dire fans of War 11 among us! worldwideweb3 had won said tournament, and now is aiming to win War 12. Let's wish him good luck!

• In Pyramid Power, the participants were presented with trying out being in shoes of an ancient Egyptian and build a pyramid-like deck. immortal feud proved to be a bit more resourceful in building his pyramid, and ends up taking the victory!

• Do you know how hard it is to get a creature to have exactly 16 hp? People that took part in Decahexatris do. Fortunately, shockcannon managed to use that rule to his advantage, congratulations to him!

• Our community can be really picky sometimes, which is obvious when you give it the choice to ban cards at their own accord. Nearly half of the game's card had been banned, and the ones that weren't were really tricky to work with. Winner's yet to be determined, so stay tuned to the tournament

• There are many ways to divide elements in EtG, Get Off My Property! explores only one such possibility. There is still time to submit decks, so hurry up!

• Leagues 2/2018 has officially ended! With approximately three months worth of fights, the winners have finally been determined - phoenix1211, Jen-i and Vindilos took the first, second and third places respectively! Congratulations!

• Leagues may be over, and they will be for a while, but you always can suggest stuff in the designated topic. There are surely plenty of ideas people can come up with, and any is welcomed for the upcoming leagues!

• Nothing new just yet. Have you got any plans or ideas for an interesting forum game? Send them to Forum Game overseer, Linkcat, he will be delighted by whatever you have in mind!

All Over The Place!

• October ended, and hopefully everyone had a good time scaring others, eating their well-deserved candies and, most importantly, dressing up! What had you chosen to be this year? Share with the community in the very official halloween topic!

• Do you have any other idea for what can be featured in here? Feel free to PM us about what you think deserves a special spotlight in the community Newsletter!

• No new members just yet, but stay tuned for any new announcements in November

Tea Time with Deuce22

Below is a portion of the interview:

Some time has passed, how do you feel about the unexpected trials result? Will you be aiming to claim your title back next time?
Obviously bummed about the result, but it was a long time coming. I would guess I won nearly half my trial victories with amazing luck. I had some rather unfortunate RNG in some of the games with w3, but that's part of the game. I will be aiming to claim my title back next trials

You are one of the most experienced and strongest war players in the community. Will you be playing war as a soldier, and if so are you looking forward to the possibility of working on a non aether team?
Had the opportunity to general for fire or gravy (in fact, generaling gravy and leading it to a war win was a discussion hain and I had years ago), but it just wouldn't feel right not having been the master of the element, so I decided not to apply. I am looking forward to participating in war as a soldier, even if i'm not on aether. You gain a different perspective when playing for other elements, and that can help you when you return to your primary element.

Agent 47, Lex Luthor, or Professor X?
How the hell did you know I'm a bald white male??? I think the only photo of me on etg i'm wearing a wig (other than the one above). And i don't think i'm facebook friends with anyone other than UTAlan. Anyways, here's my choice...

Find this answer and many more in Deuce22's official interview!

Additionally, we have a Staff Meeting with the Trial Overseers!

Below is a portion of the interview:

How did [the last] Trials go?
Pretty good, tho there were some elements that were left masterless ): everyone take part in next trials!!!

What would you say is the most different part between trials when you first joined and now that you're reigning it?
The playerbase ):

Any advices to future TrOs or some that you wish you've been given when you started?
There will always be...

Find this answer and many more in the official Trial Overseer Interview!

New Members
We had a total of 8 new members join the forums in the month of October:
Spoiler for Introduction posts:
Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board within the past month. Just click a certain name to be redirected to the corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to newcomers! ;)

Art made by DoctorC.

Hi there! I'm Niels from DoctorC, and today (or a few days ago) was Halloween! My brothers and I aren't necessarily into Halloween, seeing how russia doesn't really celebrate it, but I thought it'd be a good idea for me and Hans to make something EtG-related after a huge period of mainly doing bionicle :D

So, here we've got what we thought might be a Halloween elemental, fully prepared for action with a fiery staff, four arms and a headful of horns. It was an amazing process designing this character and I'm really happy about how this turned out :D

Many thanks to all readers for reading ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:50:18 pm by DoctorC »
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66444.msg1282166#msg1282166
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 07:44:08 pm »
Hell yeah that art is awesome, props doc
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

• DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66444.msg1282177#msg1282177
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:43:53 pm »
I would like to apologize for numerous factual mistakes made throughout the November NL. Life has been a clustertruck of rubbish, as stated before, so massive apologies for that. Me and my brothers fixed all of the ones that were reported now, though.
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66444.msg1282419#msg1282419
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:39:13 pm »
Update on the interviews?
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66444.msg1282424#msg1282424
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 09:40:23 pm »
Need any help, Doc?
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Pixelated Elementals
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66444.msg1282566#msg1282566
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 03:34:16 pm »
Nah, we've just been waiting on the interviews to be sent
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery

blarg: Andretimpa,Vineroz,worldwideweb3,immortal feud,shockcannon,phoenix1211,Vindilos,Linkcat,DoctorC,Deuce22,LavenderHaze,Sira,davidriven,Savage_Playz,Mobian,Pillowpants,kndyih,armandsar