*Author

Offline theelkspeaksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163747#msg1163747
« on: November 02, 2014, 02:24:55 am »
Spoiler for November 2014 NL:

November 2014

WAR #8 HAS BEGUN!
NEW COMPETITION ORGANIZER!
NEW DECK HELPERS!

• The forums biggest and most exciting PVP event is finally underway: WAR!  Team Fire is off to an impressive start through two rounds, with Darkness also poised to make a strong run.  Team Aether, 3 time defending champs, have taken a serious hit from a 1-5 round 2, but everyone's still in the running!  Be sure to check it out!

For those of us who love stats, Kakerstats: War Edition is up and running!

• Heir of the False Gods is underway, and the second round of matches is currently being played! With the 3rd round will come the first eliminations.  Who will make the cut, and who will fall short? Stay tuned to find out.

• War #8 Short Stories Competitionwas held this month, and victory went to the former master of life, willng3!  Read his and the other entries at the list; you'll be sure to read some exciting tales!

• Stay tuned for upcoming competitions! New CO Zawadx assures us a competition relating to the Elements Wiki will be up shortly, and I hope you'll all join!

• The first Weekly Tournament of the month and the first trophy ever for pwconfirm! It all happened on the 4th of October during Barbershop Quartet - Unupgraded.  He said "I did like the tournament's rules for the most part because it forced creativity and badly balanced decks.  I mean, who doesn't like four hour long tournaments with 60 card quartet stalls?":P  On the other hand he said that 0 cost cards were overpowered and should be banned.  He considered that obvious as he admitted, with a little dose of hypocrisy, that all of his games "were won by decks using photon/spark/etc." You rascal ;)  Congratulations for getting your first trophy and keep up the good work! Good luck!

• On the 11th of October, the second Weekly Tournament trophy went to Vangelios, who won Potluck Rules - Unupgraded. Aren't you all bored already with masters winning, winning, winni.... zzzz... YAWN, oops, sorry ;] Where were I, oh, yeah! Vangelios said that he doesn't really like new speedbuilding rules, he prefers 'classic' ones. Well, as another competitor Zawadx questioned, maybe one 'killer rule' made meta in that tournament too open? In addition,Vangelios also admitted that the hardest game was against myself, Krzysiekxd. (I'm blushing now). That was the great and close match indeed Vangelios!

• Didn't I say deuce22 has been released? Yeah, he won Weekly Tournament in September and he did it again on October 18th, winning Speedbuilding - Unupgraded. "I'm luckier than most, apparently," he said when asked why he is so good. He also added that "meta was a little too restricted (one deck to rule them all)." Mono decks were dominant in that tourney and deuce22 admitted that his best fight was probably vs 10 men just because... there were no mirror games. Congratulations Grandmaster on your win, but let others win too ^^ 

• Thank goodness not another master won Weekly Tournament on the 25th of October (no offence masters, but we know you're all great PvP players ;)), but the winner of Specialization #2- Upgraded was also a well-known council member RootRanger. When asked if he had liked the tourney, he said without hesitation: "Of course I did - I won! Aside from that, it was fun using :fire in every game. - to support my team in War. Seeing as the top two players both chose :fire, it was an especially overpowered Element in this tourney." Big congratz and may the fire be with you!

• Championship League:Everyone's favorite deathkitty, xn0ize, continued his impressive run at the top of the Championship League, securing first place by a massive margin with a score of 1714 points! Wow! His 46-6 record puts this season among the best CL performances ever, and shows that he'll be a massive threat in seasons to come!

Second place went to the Master of Darkness, Odii Odsen!  The shadowiest of masters cloaked himself for the climb, drained points from his foes, and came in a strong second place, with a final score of 1625!  An awesome second place finish for Odii makes this 11 straight seasons in the top 6 of Leagues.  Well done!

Third place was captured by newcomer to the forums but member of the exclusive million score club, pwconfirm!  While his early first place start was eventually overcome by Odii and noisy, pwconfirm still put up an incredible performance! He's shown himself to have a very bright future, and team Time in War is certainly appreciating his expertise!

Reigning champion Afdarenty finished 4th, followed by :time master SpikeSpiegel in 5th.  Congratulations to all!
  • Battle League: Cheesy111 was this season's BL superstar, finishing in 1st place with a score of 1686 from a 44-9 record.  He held off several late challenges from the players chasing him, and while he fell just short of the elusive 1700 point mark, his season was certainly a season to remember.  Welcome back to BL play, Cheesy!

Second place was taken by the player who led much of the 1/2014 season before losing his lead near the end.  worldwideweb3 completed his first season of double-participation, and finished a strong second place, with a score of 1653.  A late loss denied his bid to pass Cheesy, but his season was still a very strong one overall! Congrats on the 2nd place finish, webs!

Third place went to the new Master of Light, Jen-i, a player who played more games than nearly any other across both leagues, with a 54-18 record in BL leading him to a 1651 point mark and a 24-21 record in CL.  While a high ranking mark is impressive regardless of the number of games played, to achieve such consistently winning scores is a truly remarkable achievement.  Congrats, Jen!

The fiery Vangelios and mrpaper rounded out the 1600 point club in BL, with scores of 1608 and 1601 respectively.  Congrats to all!
  • Season 2/2014 has ended, but season 1/2015 will be starting before the end of the year! Good luck to all!

• Elements Mastermind is down to the final 5 players after 2 rounds.  See who can win the championship!

• Elements Mafia 42 is down to just 5 players alive! Can the town find the mafia, or shall :aether reign forever?

• The Witch's Game 4, by Kuroaitou, is getting closer and closer to being solved - will you help take down the warlock?

• The Vending Machine 5.0 has exceeded the limit of posts in a thread.  Expect 6.0 soon!  Corrupt a Wish recently closed out its own 4.0 thread and started a 5.0.

• Two new Deck Helpers have been hired! Congrats go out to the incredible willng3 and dark ripper!!

• Joining the ranks of our esteemed Competition Organizers is our beloved TrO, Zawadx.  Congrats on another staff title well earned!

Tea Time with Giants:dawn to dusk

Below is the portion of an interview:

How did you find Elements?  What drew you in about it?

Sometime 2012, I was really into this game, edmus. I was getting pretty good, getting the furthest on most days and getting fairly well known. I decided it was time to make an account to put a name to my face. I did this which was fine, but every time I put edmus into the search bar, a little yellowish dragon would often appear. "Well now that I have a kong account, I can go check that dragon out!" And thus, i find elements.

I guess what made me stick most was the fact that i was so bad at it ^^ I was determined to actually make something that could get me somewhere. Once I did, I started enjoying myself a lot with it and decided to stay.

What other kinds of games do you enjoy playing?

I don't really play a lot of games anymore lol. I guess i would say RPG's, Puzzles and Endless. And Music games if they count. And card games. Only thing is that despite liking many games, I don't stick with many of them.

You're one of the best known Life-loyalists on the forums - what drew you to the Life element?

Find this answer and more in Interviewee's official interview
New Members
Spoiler for Introduction posts:

Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board. Just click a certain name to be redirected to corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to new comers ;)

This month Krzysiekxd would like to present a second part of a comic about the new Masters! Below it is only an excerpt of a comic. You can find full comic under the excerpt.

Spoiler for An excerpt of a comic:

LINK TO A FULL COMIC

SoPaBow by SpikeSpiegel
This deck review was written by dark ripper
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 71a 74j 77m 77m 77m 77m 7dm 7dm 7hi 7hi 7hi 7hi 7n0 7qa 7qa 7t6 7t6 7t6 80m 8pm

Spoiler for unupgraded version:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52q 563 596 596 596 596 5f6 5f6 5j2 5j2 5j2 5j2 5og 5rq 5rq 5um 5um 5um 626 8pm

The deck featured this month was made by SpikeSpiegel.

Card by card:

Mark Of Earth: Mark of earth is a must in this deck because it provides Wardens with the necessary quanta to stall as long as it takes and fuels devourers/pests to borrow and when unborrowed after SoPa their damage is doubled.

Nova: Nova goes without saying, fuels the deck with needed quanta to have faster start and dominate quicklier.

Quantum Pillar: Nova alone can't take care of all the quanta needed for the deck to work, thus quantum pillars are there for that reason.

Iridium Warden: Wardens play a really important part on the deck. Due to their skill to attack non airborne creatures, while being under the effect of Shard Of Patience, their damage increases and thus they are able to at least stall rushing if not kill the creatures. Plus, their low cost makes it even easier to play.

Shard Of Patience: The key card of the deck. It fuels every creature on the field, increasing their damage and augmenting their ablities.

Devourer: Devourers are not there only for their passive which is the quanta draw. Their active ability to borrow with earth quanta fits perfectly the deck as when unborrowed their damage doubles something that helps winning faster.

Scarab: Scarabs become nasty creatures when their hp increases. Under SoPa they can devour almost everything in only a few turns.

Deflagration: Not much to say here, deflagration provides the necessary permanent control to OTK when the deck has evolved enough.

Arsenic: Probably the best weapon choice on bows. Low cost and 1 poison counter its turn makes can be very helpful.

Fog Shield: Again, probably the best shield choice one bows. The hax shield's low cost plus its blocking pretty much everything(no not 40% that is a big lie), prevents the opponent from rushing easily.

Graviton Salvager: A deck that is based on one card needs as much protection of that card as you can give it. Low cost, decent stats and a very useful for this deck passive that will bring back to life a potentially deflagged SoPa, or any other permanent.

Phase Salvager: Same here. Low cost, helpful passive.

Strategy:

Play SoPa, grow your creatures, kill everything, OTK them. That's pretty much it. More seriously, you aim for a quick start. Fast Shard of Patience and a couple of creatures(preferably scarabs and wardens) should be a pretty good start. In the mid game you should be able to control the game, your creatures provide the necessary CC to stall enough time till you are able to win. Scarabs are able to devour potentially airborne creatures that wardens cant kill and devourers just sitting and growing their attack borrowed. Always keep a deflagration in hand in case of annoying permanents. At the end, you just pop the SoPa and your creatures will OTK your opponent. It is a very dominant deck.

Strengths:

Should be able to crush rush decks since it provides immediate and limitless cc. Because of its low cost creatures, with a good start it should survive most control decks. Same goes with stalls since it is an OTK it can pretty much deal with most stalls and destroy them.

Weaknesses:

You won't always get good draws. A draw without wardens or Shard of Patience could mean a loss depending on what you are up against. It can also have problems against other faster OTK's. Black holes are a huge problem due to the low quanta production. In most rare cases, mono aether, PA'd gravity shield decks, maybe some really fast Immorushes can beat it.

This deck is for fun, be sure to use it on PvP or wherever else you feel like! Have fun using it!

Jet Stream | Jet Stream by OdinVanguard
This card review was written by the Master of Gravity Captain Scibra.

Really powerful, this offers airborne creatures the option of a controlled-pace Overdrive.  As with the actual Overdrive, the creature is weakened in exchange for significant attack strength.  This also offers Air/Gravity a previously non-existent strength of synergy.

With Air as the dominant element in a deck using this, Dive becomes deadly, as this does not replace the ability.  You could prime a Wyrm to be 9|1||11|1 before diving.

With Gravity as the dominant element, Colossal Dragon can be primed to a ridiculous attack without losing a significant amount of HP.  22|10 or even 34|6 are numbers that can be reached here.

A major note is the stacking that this can manage.  Mid game with more than one out, you can cast a multitude of these on every airborne creature you draw to prime them faster for lethality.

This is tough to fit into a trio or more, but with a rainbow, things like Gargoyle's Stone Form become highly useful, even splashing some useful 1- or 2-cost cards like Blessing (upgraded best), Armor, or Chaos Power give HP that can be used to defend the creatures whilst having great attack power or simply allowing even more attack power to be given.

Puzzle of the Month

This puzzle contains a well known Elements phrase.

Since all words are separated by a black space, any words at the end of a row, not followed by a black space, wrap onto the next line.  Also, know that punctuation is missing, i.e., “I've” becomes “ive”.

To solve, one must add up the letter values in each column and combine with the likelihood of wording.

Spoiler for Hidden:
For example, if there is only one open space in a column, the letter is the value which corresponds to that letter.  So if that column lists “5”, one knows that the letter in that position is “e”.  If there are two letters in the column and the value  is “3”, one knows that the two letters in those positions are “a” and “b”, in some order.   If three letters add up to “6”, the the possible combinations are “a, a, d”, “a, b, c”, and “b, b, b”, in some order.   Of course, most won't be as easy as the examples given.  Hence, one must use common sense when trying to figure out word possibilities, along with the corresponding values of letters in the columns.

The corresponding values are listed below:

As this way to solve this puzzle is rather difficult, I am also providing an easier way to solve this puzzle.  (If you prefer hard puzzles, and do not want any help from the easier puzzle, do not click the following spoiler button.)

Spoiler for Hidden:
As in the harder version of the puzzle, since all words are separated by a black space, any word at the end of a row not followed by a black space, wrap onto the next line.  Also, know that punctuation is missing, i.e., “I've” becomes “ive”. 

The difference in this version is that all the letters in each of the the columns are provided, and it is just a matter of where you are to place those letters.  I.e., if there are two spaces for letters in a column, there will be two letters provided, you just need to determine where in that column to place each of them.

Click for help in solving:

Spoiler for Hidden:
It may be easier to keep track of letters if you cross out the ones below that you place above.  (You may wish to use a pencil if doing it on paper.)

Here is a simple example.   (The puzzle follows)

First, notice the length of the words:  2, 5 (remember a word wraps until followed by a black space), 1, and 3. 

Since one letter words should be very easy to figure out, let us determine that letter first.  There is only an A or a P which could go in that space.  Since P isn't a word and A is, put A in that place.  Hence, P goes in the space above it.

Now lets look at the two letter word.  The only words which could be made from the letters below are Ad and An.  Although one is more likely, for now it is obvious that and A goes in that first space.  Consequently, a P goes in the spot below it.  Do keep in mind those word possibilities as you progress.

Okay, let's take a look at that 5 letter word now that you know that the 2nd and 3rd letters are both P.  Is there any word which would start with a Y before that?  No.  Accordingly, place an A in that slot, and thus, the location below it is a Y.

Now let us use common sense to determine what the words are most likely to be. 

So what might a p p _ _  be?  Most likely it is apple.  So fill the L and the E in those spaces.

Now, using common sense for those last three letters, that would make the answer to the puzzle:  An apple a day

Click for example puzzle:

To solve this puzzle and send it to J617 you have

Last month's Elements Sudoku solution:

Spoiler for Solution and list of names who sent it in to J617:

Congratulations to all who sent in the solution
to last month's Elements Sudoku puzzle!: :)

dawn to dusk 
Treldon
CuCN
Jen-i   
UTAlan
Drake_XIV
Malignant
mathman 101
ddevans96
Fippe94
andretimpa
Devourer
iancudorinmarian       

Spoiler for Photocredit:

Many thanks to:
-Captain Scibra for Card Idea of the Month
-dark ripper for Deck Idea of the Month
-J617 for Puzzle of the Month
-dawn to dusk for the interview
-all Weekly Tournaments winners for mini-interviews
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:03:49 pm by theelkspeaks »
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline theelkspeaksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163748#msg1163748
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 02:25:13 am »
Narrow newsletter:

Spoiler for SMALL VERSION:

November 2014
WAR #8 HAS BEGUN!
NEW COMPETITION ORGANIZER!
NEW DECK HELPERS!

CONTENTS:

Spoiler for PvP Events:

• The forums biggest and most exciting PVP event is finally underway: WAR!  Team Fire is off to an impressive start through two rounds, with Darkness also poised to make a strong run.  Team Aether, 3 time defending champs, have taken a serious hit from a 1-5 round 2, but everyone's still in the running!  Be sure to check it out!

For those of us who love stats, Kakerstats: War Edition is up and running!

• Heir of the False Gods is underway, and the second round of matches is currently being played! With the 3rd round will come the first eliminations.  Who will make the cut, and who will fall short? Stay tuned to find out.

Spoiler for Competitions:

• War #8 Short Stories Competitionwas held this month, and victory went to the former master of life, willng3!  Read his and the other entries at the list; you'll be sure to read some exciting tales!

• Stay tuned for upcoming competitions! New CO Zawadx assures us a competition relating to the Elements Wiki will be up shortly, and I hope you'll all join!

Spoiler for Weekly Tournaments:

• The first Weekly Tournament of the month and the first trophy ever for pwconfirm! It all happened on the 4th of October during Barbershop Quartet - Unupgraded.  He said "I did like the tournament's rules for the most part because it forced creativity and badly balanced decks.  I mean, who doesn't like four hour long tournaments with 60 card quartet stalls?":P  On the other hand he said that 0 cost cards were overpowered and should be banned.  He considered that obvious as he admitted, with a little dose of hypocrisy, that all of his games "were won by decks using photon/spark/etc." You rascal ;)  Congratulations for getting your first trophy and keep up the good work! Good luck!

• On the 11th of October, the second Weekly Tournament trophy went to Vangelios, who won Potluck Rules - Unupgraded. Aren't you all bored already with masters winning, winning, winni.... zzzz... YAWN, oops, sorry ;] Where were I, oh, yeah! Vangelios said that he doesn't really like new speedbuilding rules, he prefers 'classic' ones. Well, as another competitor Zawadx questioned, maybe one 'killer rule' made meta in that tournament too open? In addition,Vangelios also admitted that the hardest game was against myself, Krzysiekxd. (I'm blushing now). That was the great and close match indeed Vangelios!

• Didn't I say deuce22 has been released? Yeah, he won Weekly Tournament in September and he did it again on October 18th, winning Speedbuilding - Unupgraded. "I'm luckier than most, apparently," he said when asked why he is so good. He also added that "meta was a little too restricted (one deck to rule them all)." Mono decks were dominant in that tourney and deuce22 admitted that his best fight was probably vs 10 men just because... there were no mirror games. Congratulations Grandmaster on your win, but let others win too ^^ 

• Thank goodness not another master won Weekly Tournament on the 25th of October (no offence masters, but we know you're all great PvP players ;)), but the winner of Specialization #2- Upgraded was also a well-known council member RootRanger. When asked if he had liked the tourney, he said without hesitation: "Of course I did - I won! Aside from that, it was fun using :fire in every game. - to support my team in War. Seeing as the top two players both chose :fire, it was an especially overpowered Element in this tourney." Big congratz and may the fire be with you!

Spoiler for Leagues:

• Championship League:Everyone's favorite deathkitty, xn0ize, continued his impressive run at the top of the Championship League, securing first place by a massive margin with a score of 1714 points! Wow! His 46-6 record puts this season among the best CL performances ever, and shows that he'll be a massive threat in seasons to come!

Second place went to the Master of Darkness, Odii Odsen!  The shadowiest of masters cloaked himself for the climb, drained points from his foes, and came in a strong second place, with a final score of 1625!  An awesome second place finish for Odii makes this 11 straight seasons in the top 6 of Leagues.  Well done!

Third place was captured by newcomer to the forums but member of the exclusive million score club, pwconfirm!  While his early first place start was eventually overcome by Odii and noisy, pwconfirm still put up an incredible performance! He's shown himself to have a very bright future, and team Time in War is certainly appreciating his expertise!

Reigning champion Afdarenty finished 4th, followed by :time master SpikeSpiegel in 5th.  Congratulations to all!
  • Battle League: Cheesy111 was this season's BL superstar, finishing in 1st place with a score of 1686 from a 44-9 record.  He held off several late challenges from the players chasing him, and while he fell just short of the elusive 1700 point mark, his season was certainly a season to remember.  Welcome back to BL play, Cheesy!

Second place was taken by the player who led much of the 1/2014 season before losing his lead near the end.  worldwideweb3 completed his first season of double-participation, and finished a strong second place, with a score of 1653.  A late loss denied his bid to pass Cheesy, but his season was still a very strong one overall! Congrats on the 2nd place finish, webs!

Third place went to the new Master of Light, Jen-i, a player who played more games than nearly any other across both leagues, with a 54-18 record in BL leading him to a 1651 point mark and a 24-21 record in CL.  While a high ranking mark is impressive regardless of the number of games played, to achieve such consistently winning scores is a truly remarkable achievement.  Congrats, Jen!

The fiery Vangelios and mrpaper rounded out the 1600 point club in BL, with scores of 1608 and 1601 respectively.  Congrats to all!
  • Season 2/2014 has ended, but season 1/2015 will be starting before the end of the year! Good luck to all!

Spoiler for Forum Games:

• Elements Mastermind is down to the final 5 players after 2 rounds.  See who can win the championship!

• Elements Mafia 42 is down to just 5 players alive! Can the town find the mafia, or shall :aether reign forever?

• The Witch's Game 4, by Kuroaitou, is getting closer and closer to being solved - will you help take down the warlock?

• The Vending Machine 5.0 has exceeded the limit of posts in a thread.  Expect 6.0 soon!  Corrupt a Wish recently closed out its own 4.0 thread and started a 5.0.

Spoiler for Staff Changes:

• Two new Deck Helpers have been hired! Congrats go out to the incredible willng3 and dark ripper!!

• Joining the ranks of our esteemed Competition Organizers is our beloved TrO, Zawadx.  Congrats on another staff title well earned!

Spoiler for Tea Time with Giants (interview):
Tea Time with Giants:dawn to dusk

Below is the portion of an interview:

How did you find Elements?  What drew you in about it?

Sometime 2012, I was really into this game, edmus. I was getting pretty good, getting the furthest on most days and getting fairly well known. I decided it was time to make an account to put a name to my face. I did this which was fine, but every time I put edmus into the search bar, a little yellowish dragon would often appear. "Well now that I have a kong account, I can go check that dragon out!" And thus, i find elements.

I guess what made me stick most was the fact that i was so bad at it ^^ I was determined to actually make something that could get me somewhere. Once I did, I started enjoying myself a lot with it and decided to stay.

What other kinds of games do you enjoy playing?

I don't really play a lot of games anymore lol. I guess i would say RPG's, Puzzles and Endless. And Music games if they count. And card games. Only thing is that despite liking many games, I don't stick with many of them.

You're one of the best known Life-loyalists on the forums - what drew you to the Life element?

Find this answer and more in dawn to dusk's official interview

Spoiler for Comic of the Month:

This month Krzysiekxd would like to present a second part of a comic about the new Masters! Below there is a link to a full comic.

LINK TO A FULL COMIC

Spoiler for Deck Idea of the Month:

SoPaBow by SpikeSpiegel
This deck review was written by dark ripper

Copy paste a code of a deck into: http://dek.im/
Spoiler for Upgraded deck code:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 71a 74j 77m 77m 77m 77m 7dm 7dm 7hi 7hi 7hi 7hi 7n0 7qa 7qa 7t6 7t6 7t6 80m 8pm

Spoiler for Unupgraded deck code:
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 52q 563 596 596 596 596 5f6 5f6 5j2 5j2 5j2 5j2 5og 5rq 5rq 5um 5um 5um 626 8pm]

The deck featured this month was made by SpikeSpiegel.

Card by card:

Mark Of Earth: Mark of earth is a must in this deck because it provides Wardens with the necessary quanta to stall as long as it takes and fuels devourers/pests to borrow and when unborrowed after SoPa their damage is doubled.

Nova: Nova goes without saying, fuels the deck with needed quanta to have faster start and dominate quicklier.

Quantum Pillar: Nova alone can't take care of all the quanta needed for the deck to work, thus quantum pillars are there for that reason.

Iridium Warden: Wardens play a really important part on the deck. Due to their skill to attack non airborne creatures, while being under the effect of Shard Of Patience, their damage increases and thus they are able to at least stall rushing if not kill the creatures. Plus, their low cost makes it even easier to play.

Shard Of Patience: The key card of the deck. It fuels every creature on the field, increasing their damage and augmenting their ablities.

Devourer: Devourers are not there only for their passive which is the quanta draw. Their active ability to borrow with earth quanta fits perfectly the deck as when unborrowed their damage doubles something that helps winning faster.

Scarab: Scarabs become nasty creatures when their hp increases. Under SoPa they can devour almost everything in only a few turns.

Deflagration: Not much to say here, deflagration provides the necessary permanent control to OTK when the deck has evolved enough.

Arsenic: Probably the best weapon choice on bows. Low cost and 1 poison counter its turn makes can be very helpful.

Fog Shield: Again, probably the best shield choice one bows. The hax shield's low cost plus its blocking pretty much everything(no not 40% that is a big lie), prevents the opponent from rushing easily.

Graviton Salvager: A deck that is based on one card needs as much protection of that card as you can give it. Low cost, decent stats and a very useful for this deck passive that will bring back to life a potentially deflagged SoPa, or any other permanent.

Phase Salvager: Same here. Low cost, helpful passive.

Strategy:

Play SoPa, grow your creatures, kill everything, OTK them. That's pretty much it. More seriously, you aim for a quick start. Fast Shard of Patience and a couple of creatures(preferably scarabs and wardens) should be a pretty good start. In the mid game you should be able to control the game, your creatures provide the necessary CC to stall enough time till you are able to win. Scarabs are able to devour potentially airborne creatures that wardens cant kill and devourers just sitting and growing their attack borrowed. Always keep a deflagration in hand in case of annoying permanents. At the end, you just pop the SoPa and your creatures will OTK your opponent. It is a very dominant deck.

Strengths:

Should be able to crush rush decks since it provides immediate and limitless cc. Because of its low cost creatures, with a good start it should survive most control decks. Same goes with stalls since it is an OTK it can pretty much deal with most stalls and destroy them.

Weaknesses:

You won't always get good draws. A draw without wardens or Shard of Patience could mean a loss depending on what you are up against. It can also have problems against other faster OTK's. Black holes are a huge problem due to the low quanta production. In most rare cases, mono aether, PA'd gravity shield decks, maybe some really fast Immorushes can beat it.

This deck is for fun, be sure to use it on PvP or wherever else you feel like! Have fun using it!
Spoiler for Card Idea of the Month:

Jet Stream | Jet Stream by OdinVanguard
This card review was written by the Master of Gravity Captain Scibra.

Really powerful, this offers airborne creatures the option of a controlled-pace Overdrive.  As with the actual Overdrive, the creature is weakened in exchange for significant attack strength.  This also offers Air/Gravity a previously non-existent strength of synergy.

With Air as the dominant element in a deck using this, Dive becomes deadly, as this does not replace the ability.  You could prime a Wyrm to be 9|1||11|1 before diving.

With Gravity as the dominant element, Colossal Dragon can be primed to a ridiculous attack without losing a significant amount of HP.  22|10 or even 34|6 are numbers that can be reached here.

A major note is the stacking that this can manage.  Mid game with more than one out, you can cast a multitude of these on every airborne creature you draw to prime them faster for lethality.

This is tough to fit into a trio or more, but with a rainbow, things like Gargoyle's Stone Form become highly useful, even splashing some useful 1- or 2-cost cards like Blessing (upgraded best), Armor, or Chaos Power give HP that can be used to defend the creatures whilst having great attack power or simply allowing even more attack power to be given.

Spoiler for Puzzle of the Month:
Puzzle of the Month

This month, thanks to courtesy of J617, we would like to present an Elements related word puzzle.

This puzzle contains a well known Elements phrase.

Since all words are separated by a black space, any words at the end of a row, not followed by a black space, wrap onto the next line.  Also, know that punctuation is missing, i.e., “I've” becomes “ive”.

To solve, one must add up the letter values in each column and combine with the likelihood of wording.

Spoiler for Hidden:
For example, if there is only one open space in a column, the letter is the value which corresponds to that letter.  So if that column lists “5”, one knows that the letter in that position is “e”.  If there are two letters in the column and the value  is “3”, one knows that the two letters in those positions are “a” and “b”, in some order.   If three letters add up to “6”, the the possible combinations are “a, a, d”, “a, b, c”, and “b, b, b”, in some order.   Of course, most won't be as easy as the examples given.  Hence, one must use common sense when trying to figure out word possibilities, along with the corresponding values of letters in the columns.

The corresponding values are listed below:

As this way to solve this puzzle is rather difficult, I am also providing an easier way to solve this puzzle.  (If you prefer hard puzzles, and do not want any help from the easier puzzle, do not click the following spoiler button.)

Spoiler for Hidden:
As in the harder version of the puzzle, since all words are separated by a black space, any word at the end of a row not followed by a black space, wrap onto the next line.  Also, know that punctuation is missing, i.e., “I've” becomes “ive”. 

The difference in this version is that all the letters in each of the the columns are provided, and it is just a matter of where you are to place those letters.  I.e., if there are two spaces for letters in a column, there will be two letters provided, you just need to determine where in that column to place each of them.

Click for help in solving:

Spoiler for Hidden:
It may be easier to keep track of letters if you cross out the ones below that you place above.  (You may wish to use a pencil if doing it on paper.)

Here is a simple example.   (The puzzle follows)

First, notice the length of the words:  2, 5 (remember a word wraps until followed by a black space), 1, and 3. 

Since one letter words should be very easy to figure out, let us determine that letter first.  There is only an A or a P which could go in that space.  Since P isn't a word and A is, put A in that place.  Hence, P goes in the space above it.

Now lets look at the two letter word.  The only words which could be made from the letters below are Ad and An.  Although one is more likely, for now it is obvious that and A goes in that first space.  Consequently, a P goes in the spot below it.  Do keep in mind those word possibilities as you progress.

Okay, let's take a look at that 5 letter word now that you know that the 2nd and 3rd letters are both P.  Is there any word which would start with a Y before that?  No.  Accordingly, place an A in that slot, and thus, the location below it is a Y.

Now let us use common sense to determine what the words are most likely to be. 

So what might a p p _ _  be?  Most likely it is apple.  So fill the L and the E in those spaces.

Now, using common sense for those last three letters, that would make the answer to the puzzle:  An apple a day

Click for example puzzle:

To solve this puzzle and send it to J617 you have

Last month's Elements Sudoku solution:

Spoiler for Solution and list of names who sent it in to J617:

Congratulations to all who sent in the solution
to last month's Elements Sudoku puzzle!: :)

dawn to dusk 
Treldon
CuCN
Jen-i   
UTAlan
Drake_XIV
Malignant
mathman 101
ddevans96
Fippe94
andretimpa
Devourer
iancudorinmarian       

Spoiler for New Members:
Spoiler for Photocredit:

Spoiler for Thank yous:

Many thanks to:
-Captain Scibra for Card Idea of the Month
-dark ripper for Deck Idea of the Month
-J617 for Puzzle of the Month
-dawn to dusk for the interview
-all Weekly Tournaments winners for mini-interviews
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 02:04:11 pm by theelkspeaks »
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163749#msg1163749
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 02:43:16 am »
The puzzle looked great, but then it got so much easier to solve when you gave away the letters. What's the point of solving the actual version if anybody who solves the easy version receives the exact same recognition?
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163750#msg1163750
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 02:44:23 am »
The puzzle looked great, but then it got so much easier to solve when you gave away the letters. What's the point of solving the actual version if anybody who solves the easy version receives the exact same recognition?
You get a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163751#msg1163751
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 02:45:17 am »
That may or may not warrant a visit to the hospital.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Jen-i

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jen-i hides under a Cloak.
  • Death to the Ninja!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 2/2018 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2014 3rd Place8th Trials - Master of LightWinner of SacrificeWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBest Sportsman - War #6Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Team PvP #514 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksBeginners League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163754#msg1163754
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 03:35:05 am »
That may or may not warrant a visit to the hospital.

No the hospital visit is needed when the warm fuzzy feeling is in your navel - its okay in your heart
Lux Kyrie

Offline J617

• Reputation Power: 3
  • J617 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163755#msg1163755
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 03:41:41 am »

I originally made the first version showing, but because of the long words, if one tries to solve it solely by looking at that puzzle, (not specifically thinking of what phrases might fit there as a whole), it really is quite difficult to solve.  But I am to make more average difficulty puzzles, where the majority of people who attempt it, can complete if it they really try.  However, I do not see a problem in periodically also showing a more difficult puzzle, as some people do prefer such.  So I thought that between the two, most everyone who are interested in solving word puzzles, would be happy. 

Janice

Offline Calambar

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163777#msg1163777
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 08:20:24 am »

What's the point? That's called satisfaction. The recognition is just his/her name in the next NL, don't take it so seriously ;) Enjoy the Newsletter!
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

Offline jarozaoz

• Reputation Power: 8
  • jarozaoz is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Little, crazy guy.
  • Awards: Icons for Donors Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163780#msg1163780
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 08:24:45 am »
Great newsletter! ♥
You. And sand. Endless sand. Endless trillions tons of sand.
This endless power. which can kill you like insignificant bug.
This, is a power of :time...

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163838#msg1163838
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 03:47:03 pm »
Thanks for doing this!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline xn0ize

• Reputation Power: 12
  • xn0ize is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.xn0ize is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • IT IZ A ME, X NOIZEY.
  • Awards: Championship League 3/2015 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2014 1st PlaceWar #4 Winner - Team DeathSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1163849#msg1163849
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 04:38:47 pm »
Enjoyed reading it :)
:death Trials 4# Blonde too strong.
Team :death War - 1st place

CL 2/2014 1713 points, 1st place.
Team Air War 9#  :air :air :air

Offline Aknelo

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Aknelo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I got nothing...
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: November 2014 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56433.msg1164808#msg1164808
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 01:28:27 pm »
Still working on the puzzle.  I for one probably would not be able to solve it without the actual letters.  I'm still finding it really challenging, even though I know all letters are there.  I'm ending up with nonsense words from left over letters!   :P

Great job Krysziekxd and team on the newsletter.  Great info to read through, I clicked to finish reading the comic, I will be looking at the full interview next. 

Nicely done!
Think of the last time you were happy...                 Think of the last time you were angry...

Which will you choose next time?

blarg: willng3,pwconfirm,Vangelios,Zawadx,Krzysiekxd,deuce22,10 men,RootRanger,xn0ize,Odii Odsen,Afdarenty,Cheesy111,worldwideweb3,dark ripper,dawn to dusk,tvynr,Tempestfury,bossitron,Metoropolice,sparky,eenodoy2,7seven,Khael,Sundayman,Onyxion,Grindorin,Varunani,Crystal_,ChronusZombie,Fantasycardplayer101,deadpool,kirby,fiskers,BeasTly_DPS,Ulmo,Slayer660,Aikin,arlus,kvaaketi,Zasfghr8,uggf,dfonse,Shadow_Sparx777,niel0909,Zune,6000j,fiskarsmurfen,Iorveil,Edgar Bell,ragnazero,scirocco,KarenaSucks,pr1me,RNanoware,101arg101,Grebuez,DrAle,Ariele1986,xenoduel,tywhitey,mizekel,Styro,ngfd,TiSiMona,Cardmaster101,Swastikas_all_day,Graviton queen,django_lechuza,thegreatsamurai,LordDavenport,The_iron_arrow,baddog11,littlejohn133,ThatGuy_21,daturabrutality,Space Dandy,No_Merci,Phantom70001,Julyj12,seulintse,tispiezzo,atantri,Scooby5384,rawrqwer,hirochan0824,SpikeSpiegel,OdinVanguard,Captain Scibra,Treldon,CuCN,UTAlan,Drake_XIV,Malignant,mathman 101,ddevans96,Fippe94,andretimpa,Devourer,iancudorinmarian,J617