*Author

Offline CalambarTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1188672#msg1188672
« on: May 04, 2015, 02:37:53 pm »
Spoiler for May NL 2015:
May 2015
TRIALS #9 ARE COMING!
BRAWL #4 IS OVER!
NEW TRIAL OVERSEER!

• Heir of the False Gods is coming to a close - mrpaper and Regyptic are the last two standing! Congrats to 3rd place Zawadx and 4th place Zso_Zso!

• 4 rounds into 12 Lives, rob77dp and Regyptic are leading the pack, and many players are just one or two lives from death.   Tune in to a surely action-packed remainder of the event!

• The PVP World Championship semifinals are in progress!  In one semifinal, theelkspeaks defeated Zawadx 4 games to 1, while the other features worldwideweb3 against deuce22 still to play.  Who will be the champion of 2014?

• The 9th Trials are soon to start! Prepare now to challenge for mastership of your favorite element!

• Forum Brawl #4 has come to an end.  Congratulations to Red Stars for their narrow victory over Frostbite Borealis!

• Stay tuned for more competitions coming from our amazing COs!

• The first tournament of the month, The Forgotten Cards - Unupgraded, held on the 4th of April, was won by our new forum member, rise4toast . His tournament debut was amazing as he managed to win on his very first endeavor! He disclosed,  "It surprised me that I won, but when I did win, I was thrilled!! It was a great experience and I would do it again. I loved the tourney! The special rules made creating the decks a challenge but it was all worth it because of the experienced I gained." Congratulations! We hope that amassing experience helps you to win, win, win!

• TO iancudorinmarian caused me (Krzysiekxd) alarm, when he announced that I did not win Potluck Rules - Upgraded, and thus could not receive a '.' Fortunately, he was only joking, noting that even though it was not the 1st of April, it was the 11th, which meant double April's Fools Day! (Thank goodness this wasn't authentic.) I eventually received my trophy and a prize code. ^^ This is how I won in a nutshell:  I made only two decks, but somehow managed to defeat mathman101.  I decided that one of the decks which he played was so remarkable, that copied it.  This deck, in addition to those I had prepared, helped me both reach and win the finals. My decks can be found here. I wish I had more opportunities to play in the tournaments. :(

• The winner of April 18th's Three's Company Two - Unupgraded, was montrossen.  He felt great but sleepy because he had to stay up to 3am to be able to participate. This is the definition of commitment! He made only three decks, but it was enough to vanquish each of his opponents. He deduced that Earthquake would be the best spell to use in that meta, and he was proved correct. Congratulations! We hope your deduction skills are as great in subsequent tourneys (and in RL too). ;)

• The 25th of April was a lucky day for BumbleSting, who received his first trophy in Lord Triple III. (Speedbuilding) - Unupgraded. He said, "It's pretty satisfying since when I used to play a while ago I was really bad in tourneys (never made it past the first round if I remember correctly). Coming back and winning a tourney on my first day definitely feels like a great way to start EtG again." He also admitted that speedbuilding was not actually all that fast, as the whole tourney lasted four and a half hours! Yep, you need ample free time to participate in such tourneys. :P Congratulations on your first win; hopefully it is one of many to come. :)

• Championship League: The new season of Leagues has just started! Good luck to all participants over the next three months! Defending champion worldwideweb3 will have a number of challengers to keep his title!
  • Battle League: A new season of Battle League has also just started, and Puff will have new challengers as she tries to retain her 1st place spot, earned in just her first season!
  • A new League Organizer will soon be joining the team!

• Elements Mafia 47, hosted by skyironsword and having an Ace Attorney theme, ended in a town victory!  Congratulations to the town!

• Elements Mafia 48, hosted by RootRanger with a Pokemon theme, is the next game on the list.  Hurry to join it in time!

• Elements Tag is down to just 3 players.  Can Linkcat hold onto first place?

• Physsion has been hired as the newest Trials Overseer! Congratulations to him!

• Now hiring a new League Organizer.  Don't forget to apply if you're interested!

Tea Time with Krzysiekxd

Below is the portion of an interview:

Why is Light your favorite element? Do you plan on attempting to run for Trials of Light? If you win, would you lead as a general?

First of all, I think I need to clarify some things. The fact that I like Light element does not necessarily mean that Light decks are my favorite ones. I really prefer fast decks, with CC and PC, not healing stalls, especially in very slow PvP. On the other hand, I like Light as a theme because it represents my personality best. I try to avoid any dark or vicious things in real life and in games I usually play as a good character.

Unfortunately, I think I will never participate in any bigger forum events anymore. Real life keeps me busy enough. I seldom find an opportunity to play weekly tournaments. I have some free time at work, which is why I can handle drawing comics and making Newsletters. However, playing PvP is usually impossible for me there, where is why I hardly ever play PvP. So to answer your question, I don't plan to attempt Trials at this time.

What led you into picking up the Newsletter Writer position? Now that you have it, what do you think of it?

I like the Elements forums and I felt that I would like to give community something more from me. I tried to apply for Card Curator, but I was not chosen. Other positions didn't really apply to me. When they were looking for Newsletter writers, I knew that it would be something for me and I was almost sure I would be chosen since I sent the Council an almost ready Newsletter. ;) And I was right; I am still holding this position and I like making it. I hope the community also likes my and the other contributors' work.

How much do you enjoy working for the Newsletter? Isn't it too much stress each month?

Find this answer and more in Interviewee's official interview

New Members

Spoiler for Introduction posts:

Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board (but within maximum 30 days after registration to the forums). Just click a certain name to be redirected to corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to new comers ;)

Party animated comic again, a tribute to Brawl#4 arts. Mind below is only an excerpt, don't miss ckicking a link to a full comic! Enjoy!

Spoiler for An excerpt of the comic:

LINK TO A FULL COMIC

MrSexington's "Rage Quit" Deck
This deck review was written by Dm

A very old deck called... MrSexington's "Rage Quit" Deck.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 71c 71c 71c 77i 77i 77i 7aj 7aj 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7gq 7gq 7h1 7k0 7k2 7km 7km 7km 7n8 7n8 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7t9 7t9 80e 8pj

Now, most of you "newer" players might have never heard of this deck. Or probably you've only heard of "Rage Quit" with Chapuz' "Ragequit Factory" deck (well, it's already a bit old since it's from 2012 though...). And so you might think that this is just an older, slower, crappier version of the newer "Ragequit Factory" deck.
And honestly, you wouldn't be too far off. The "Ragequit Factory" is just a trimmed down version of this. But that does not mean that this deck is any less funnier than it. And because you are packing 60 cards, you can bring a bit more to the table. Let's look at the cards.
Quantum Tower: We don't know what this is for, but maybe you can figure it out for us.
Supernova: We have a small guess that this might serve the same purpose of Quantum Towers, except that it gives it a bit of an extra boost. Don't play twice of it, we're not focusing on singularities with this deck. Some people like exchanging this for other cards; but we'll tackle that later.
Improved Antimatter:This is where things start getting fun. Find the opponent's creature with the highest attack power (and if you're afraid that the opponent might want to CC himself, with a higher HP too.) and use Antimatter on it. I think the description of the card is accurate enough - The creature will now be healing you. Leave it there and proceed to the next card of the combo.
Aflatoxin: Which is this one. You're not supposed to use this on your own creatures (Well, not like you have any to start with...) but rather on your opponent. This will fill his field with Malignant Cells. Of course this would be a very stupid move if you don't have shields, but thankfully, we are not stupid, and we do have shields. You should aim to keep the only creatures on his side either Malignant Cells or Antimattered Creatures.
Protect Artifact: Fairly straight forward, this protects your permanents. Such as your shield, which is pretty important if you didn't notice. Or your towers, so you don't go quanta starved. Or your Hourglass, to draw more. It's situational, but you should quickly grab the hang of it.
Spine Carapace: One of your shields. Spine Carapace is a good shield since it will block the damage from all the Malignant Cells; simultaneously, Spine Carapace will, with enough time, kill any other creature that is not either Antimattered or a Malignant Cell. All in all, a pretty standard shield to have in decks like this.
Shard of Gratitude: This card was in this deck back when it healed 5 HP independent of your mark. Now that it is no longer like this (and now that Sanctuary is in the game) you can swap this for Sanctuary no problem. Or you can tweak it a bit yourself and just use Shard of Gratitude none the less.
Purify: In case you find someone who only has an arsenic and deadly poisons. Just in case. Also, added healing.
Inundation: An underused little card that has been "recently" (warning: definitions of recently may vary) been buffed to include more slots. Basically, any creature that isn't water or other and remains in "Flooded" slots will die. This hampers the opponent even more, as he will only have five active slots to play with, and they'll either die to your shield, be malignant cells, or be antimattered. Yep, pretty good to have in this deck. But it's not a necessity - it's more of a commodity in case you face something like Fractal. For example.
Mirror Shield: This shield also blocks exactly 1 damage so that the Malignant Cells won't hit you. Apart from that, it holds a few other good points, like the ability to block spell-damage creatures (Which are now a problem with Shard of Wisdom or Psion, which again did not exist back then) or some older decks that already existed back then (Like Firestall).
Improved Miracle: In case you somehow have a huge streak of bad luck or your opponent simply has a quinted purified Steam Machine at a retardedly high attack or something like that, use this to save yourself from near-death. Quite self-explanatory.
Shard of Divinity: Again, a card that was stronger back then, but still strong enough to be included today, this card will simply raise your maximum HP. This will give you a bit more Electrum when EM'ing, make you harder to kill, et cetera. You may swap this for a Stone Skin if you so desire - the effect will be the same, but you'll need to wait a bit more before using it.
Wings: Another Shield. For the love of all that is holy and unholy in this earth do not substitute a Spine Carapace or a Mirror Shield with this. Use this to stall while you get your combo out. That's it. It blocks a lot of things and is "better" to have, in this scenario, than a DimShield - It lasts longer, blocks most attacks, and what it doesn't you're likely healing back anyway.
Electrum Hourglass: Draw stuff, get your combo out faster, make the opponent rage earlier.
Sundial: Stalls opponent for one turn. Blocks all incoming damage (Except weapons.) Also gives you a bit of drawing. Good stalling card overall.
Improved Steal: Steal stuff. Annoying permanents. (Like Fahrenheit, or Titan, or breaking an Eternity + Photon combo..)
Electrocutor: Some damage. No, just kidding. The main point of this is to take away annoying abilities. Like the Psion's if you don't draw a mirror shield, or butterfly effect. Well, not that anyone uses the latter, but hey.

The whole deck concept has already been explained and is fairly straightforward - Lock the opponent down with a combination of Flooding, Antimatter, Aflatoxin, and one of your shields. The point of this deck is to simply make your opponent ragequit. You will not gain a lot of electrum with it, and you will not farm fast with it - it is simply to have a bit of fun. The great point about it is being highly customizable - as pointed out, you can swap some cards for others, and always add in new ones. For example, adding a Permafrost Shield instead of a Spine Carapace, or adding a Pandemonium to help clear the opponent's field in case something goes awry; or adding the classical Eternity + Photon combo so you avoid decking out (in case you meet someone else who is as sadistic as you and uses this kind of stuff.)

(Hopefully) SOON!

Puzzle of the Month

Last month's Elements Nonogram Puzzle solution:

Spoiler for the puzzle solutions:

Spoiler for the main version of the Nonogram:

Spoiler for the hard version of the Nonogram:

Spoiler for the extremely challenging version of the Nonogram:

If this version of the puzzle was solvable, this is the end result:

Congratulations to Malignant, for being the only person to send in answers to every month's puzzle! :)  I tip my hat to you. 8)

Spoiler for my finale:

My latest puzzles took a lot of time and effort and it seems as though few people were interested in solving them.  I did not have time for chatting with friends or playing games, and I became quite behind regarding my real life activities.  I spent this past month trying to catch up on those responsibilities.  I also wish to do other real life activities.  For these reasons, I have decided to quit making puzzles for the Elements Newsletter.  I hope the few of you who actually worked the puzzles, enjoyed my swan song. 

Many thanks to:
-Dm for Deck Idea of the Month and for interviewing me (Krzysiekxd)(along with Zawadx and secret member
-J617 for editing work and for all previous Puzzles
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:37:33 am by Krzysiekxd »
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1188673#msg1188673
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 02:38:21 pm »
SMALL VERSION:
Spoiler for May NL 2015 small:

May 2015

TRIALS #9 ARE COMING!
BRAWL #4 IS OVER!
NEW TRIAL OVERSEER!

CONTENTS:

Spoiler for PvP Events:

• Heir of the False Gods is coming to a close - mrpaper and Regyptic are the last two standing! Congrats to 3rd place Zawadx and 4th place Zso_Zso!

• 4 rounds into 12 Lives, rob77dp and Regyptic are leading the pack, and many players are just one or two lives from death.   Tune in to a surely action-packed remainder of the event!

• The PVP World Championship semifinals are in progress!  In one semifinal, theelkspeaks defeated Zawadx 4 games to 1, while the other features worldwideweb3 against deuce22 still to play.  Who will be the champion of 2014?

• The 9th Trials are soon to start! Prepare now to challenge for mastership of your favorite element!

Spoiler for Competitions:

• Forum Brawl #4 has come to an end.  Congratulations to Red Stars for their narrow victory over Frostbite Borealis!

• Stay tuned for more competitions coming from our amazing COs!

Spoiler for Weekly Tournaments:

• The first tournament of the month, The Forgotten Cards - Unupgraded, held on the 4th of April, was won by our new forum member, rise4toast . His tournament debut was amazing as he managed to win on his very first endeavor! He disclosed,  "It surprised me that I won, but when I did win, I was thrilled!! It was a great experience and I would do it again. I loved the tourney! The special rules made creating the decks a challenge but it was all worth it because of the experienced I gained." Congratulations! We hope that amassing experience helps you to win, win, win!

• TO iancudorinmarian caused me (Krzysiekxd) alarm, when he announced that I did not win Potluck Rules - Upgraded, and thus could not receive a '.' Fortunately, he was only joking, noting that even though it was not the 1st of April, it was the 11th, which meant double April's Fools Day! (Thank goodness this wasn't authentic.) I eventually received my trophy and a prize code. ^^ This is how I won in a nutshell:  I made only two decks, but somehow managed to defeat mathman101.  I decided that one of the decks which he played was so remarkable, that copied it.  This deck, in addition to those I had prepared, helped me both reach and win the finals. My decks can be found here. I wish I had more opportunities to play in the tournaments. :(

• The winner of April 18th's Three's Company Two - Unupgraded, was montrossen.  He felt great but sleepy because he had to stay up to 3am to be able to participate. This is the definition of commitment! He made only three decks, but it was enough to vanquish each of his opponents. He deduced that Earthquake would be the best spell to use in that meta, and he was proved correct. Congratulations! We hope your deduction skills are as great in subsequent tourneys (and in RL too). ;)

• The 25th of April was a lucky day for BumbleSting, who received his first trophy in Lord Triple III. (Speedbuilding) - Unupgraded. He said, "It's pretty satisfying since when I used to play a while ago I was really bad in tourneys (never made it past the first round if I remember correctly). Coming back and winning a tourney on my first day definitely feels like a great way to start EtG again." He also admitted that speedbuilding was not actually all that fast, as the whole tourney lasted four and a half hours! Yep, you need ample free time to participate in such tourneys. :P Congratulations on your first win; hopefully it is one of many to come. :)

Spoiler for Leagues:

• Championship League: The new season of Leagues has just started! Good luck to all participants over the next three months! Defending champion worldwideweb3 will have a number of challengers to keep his title!
  • Battle League: A new season of Battle League has also just started, and Puff will have new challengers as she tries to retain her 1st place spot, earned in just her first season!
  • A new League Organizer will soon be joining the team!

Spoiler for Forum Games:

• Elements Mafia 47, hosted by skyironsword and having an Ace Attorney theme, ended in a town victory!  Congratulations to the town!

• Elements Mafia 48, hosted by RootRanger with a Pokemon theme, is the next game on the list.  Hurry to join it in time!

• Elements Tag is down to just 3 players.  Can Linkcat hold onto first place?

Spoiler for Staff Changes:

• Physsion has been hired as the newest Trials Overseer! Congratulations to him!

• Now hiring a new League Organizer.  Don't forget to apply if you're interested!

Spoiler for Tea Time (interview):
Tea Time with Krzysiekxd

Below is the portion of an interview with Krzysiekxd!

Why is Light your favorite element? Do you plan on attempting to run for Trials of Light? If you win, would you lead as a general?

First of all, I think I need to clarify some things. The fact that I like Light element does not necessarily mean that Light decks are my favorite ones. I really prefer fast decks, with CC and PC, not healing stalls, especially in very slow PvP. On the other hand, I like Light as a theme because it represents my personality best. I try to avoid any dark or vicious things in real life and in games I usually play as a good character.

Unfortunately, I think I will never participate in any bigger forum events anymore. Real life keeps me busy enough. I seldom find an opportunity to play weekly tournaments. I have some free time at work, which is why I can handle drawing comics and making Newsletters. However, playing PvP is usually impossible for me there, where is why I hardly ever play PvP. So to answer your question, I don't plan to attempt Trials at this time.

What led you into picking up the Newsletter Writer position? Now that you have it, what do you think of it?

I like the Elements forums and I felt that I would like to give community something more from me. I tried to apply for Card Curator, but I was not chosen. Other positions didn't really apply to me. When they were looking for Newsletter writers, I knew that it would be something for me and I was almost sure I would be chosen since I sent the Council an almost ready Newsletter. ;) And I was right; I am still holding this position and I like making it. I hope the community also likes my and the other contributors' work.

How much do you enjoy working for the Newsletter? Isn't it too much stress each month?

Find this answer and more in Krzysiekxd's official interview

Spoiler for Comic of the Month:

Partly animated comic again, a tribute to Brawl#4 arts. Mind below is only an excerpt, don't miss ckicking a link to a full comic! Enjoy!
LINK TO A COMIC

Spoiler for Deck Idea of the Month:

MrSexington's "Rage Quit" Deck
This deck review was written by Dm

A very old deck called... MrSexington's "Rage Quit" Deck.

Spoiler for deck code:
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 6u7 71c 71c 71c 77i 77i 77i 7aj 7aj 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7ba 7gq 7gq 7h1 7k0 7k2 7km 7km 7km 7n8 7n8 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q9 7q9 7q9 7t9 7t9 80e 8pj
Now, most of you "newer" players might have never heard of this deck. Or probably you've only heard of "Rage Quit" with Chapuz' "Ragequit Factory" deck (well, it's already a bit old since it's from 2012 though...). And so you might think that this is just an older, slower, crappier version of the newer "Ragequit Factory" deck.
And honestly, you wouldn't be too far off. The "Ragequit Factory" is just a trimmed down version of this. But that does not mean that this deck is any less funnier than it. And because you are packing 60 cards, you can bring a bit more to the table. Let's look at the cards.
Quantum Tower: We don't know what this is for, but maybe you can figure it out for us.
Supernova: We have a small guess that this might serve the same purpose of Quantum Towers, except that it gives it a bit of an extra boost. Don't play twice of it, we're not focusing on singularities with this deck. Some people like exchanging this for other cards; but we'll tackle that later.
Improved Antimatter:This is where things start getting fun. Find the opponent's creature with the highest attack power (and if you're afraid that the opponent might want to CC himself, with a higher HP too.) and use Antimatter on it. I think the description of the card is accurate enough - The creature will now be healing you. Leave it there and proceed to the next card of the combo.
Aflatoxin: Which is this one. You're not supposed to use this on your own creatures (Well, not like you have any to start with...) but rather on your opponent. This will fill his field with Malignant Cells. Of course this would be a very stupid move if you don't have shields, but thankfully, we are not stupid, and we do have shields. You should aim to keep the only creatures on his side either Malignant Cells or Antimattered Creatures.
Protect Artifact: Fairly straight forward, this protects your permanents. Such as your shield, which is pretty important if you didn't notice. Or your towers, so you don't go quanta starved. Or your Hourglass, to draw more. It's situational, but you should quickly grab the hang of it.
Spine Carapace: One of your shields. Spine Carapace is a good shield since it will block the damage from all the Malignant Cells; simultaneously, Spine Carapace will, with enough time, kill any other creature that is not either Antimattered or a Malignant Cell. All in all, a pretty standard shield to have in decks like this.
Shard of Gratitude: This card was in this deck back when it healed 5 HP independent of your mark. Now that it is no longer like this (and now that Sanctuary is in the game) you can swap this for Sanctuary no problem. Or you can tweak it a bit yourself and just use Shard of Gratitude none the less.
Purify: In case you find someone who only has an arsenic and deadly poisons. Just in case. Also, added healing.
Inundation: An underused little card that has been "recently" (warning: definitions of recently may vary) been buffed to include more slots. Basically, any creature that isn't water or other and remains in "Flooded" slots will die. This hampers the opponent even more, as he will only have five active slots to play with, and they'll either die to your shield, be malignant cells, or be antimattered. Yep, pretty good to have in this deck. But it's not a necessity - it's more of a commodity in case you face something like Fractal. For example.
Mirror Shield: This shield also blocks exactly 1 damage so that the Malignant Cells won't hit you. Apart from that, it holds a few other good points, like the ability to block spell-damage creatures (Which are now a problem with Shard of Wisdom or Psion, which again did not exist back then) or some older decks that already existed back then (Like Firestall).
Improved Miracle: In case you somehow have a huge streak of bad luck or your opponent simply has a quinted purified Steam Machine at a retardedly high attack or something like that, use this to save yourself from near-death. Quite self-explanatory.
Shard of Divinity: Again, a card that was stronger back then, but still strong enough to be included today, this card will simply raise your maximum HP. This will give you a bit more Electrum when EM'ing, make you harder to kill, et cetera. You may swap this for a Stone Skin if you so desire - the effect will be the same, but you'll need to wait a bit more before using it.
Wings: Another Shield. For the love of all that is holy and unholy in this earth do not substitute a Spine Carapace or a Mirror Shield with this. Use this to stall while you get your combo out. That's it. It blocks a lot of things and is "better" to have, in this scenario, than a DimShield - It lasts longer, blocks most attacks, and what it doesn't you're likely healing back anyway.
Electrum Hourglass: Draw stuff, get your combo out faster, make the opponent rage earlier.
Sundial: Stalls opponent for one turn. Blocks all incoming damage (Except weapons.) Also gives you a bit of drawing. Good stalling card overall.
Improved Steal: Steal stuff. Annoying permanents. (Like Fahrenheit, or Titan, or breaking an Eternity + Photon combo..)
Electrocutor: Some damage. No, just kidding. The main point of this is to take away annoying abilities. Like the Psion's if you don't draw a mirror shield, or butterfly effect. Well, not that anyone uses the latter, but hey.

The whole deck concept has already been explained and is fairly straightforward - Lock the opponent down with a combination of Flooding, Antimatter, Aflatoxin, and one of your shields. The point of this deck is to simply make your opponent ragequit. You will not gain a lot of electrum with it, and you will not farm fast with it - it is simply to have a bit of fun. The great point about it is being highly customizable - as pointed out, you can swap some cards for others, and always add in new ones. For example, adding a Permafrost Shield instead of a Spine Carapace, or adding a Pandemonium to help clear the opponent's field in case something goes awry; or adding the classical Eternity + Photon combo so you avoid decking out (in case you meet someone else who is as sadistic as you and uses this kind of stuff.)

Spoiler for Card Idea of the Month:

(Hopefully) SOON!

Spoiler for Puzzle of the Month:
Puzzle of the Month

Last month's Elements Nonogram Puzzle solution:

Spoiler for the puzzle solutions:

Spoiler for the main version of the Nonogram:

Spoiler for the hard version of the Nonogram:

Spoiler for the extremely challenging version of the Nonogram:

If this version of the puzzle was solvable, this is the end result:

Congratulations to Malignant, for being the only person to send in answers to every month's puzzle! :)  I tip my hat to you. 8)

Spoiler for my finale:

My latest puzzles took a lot of time and effort and it seems as though few people were interested in solving them.  I did not have time for chatting with friends or playing games, and I became quite behind regarding my real life activities.  I spent this past month trying to catch up on those responsibilities.  I also wish to do other real life activities.  For these reasons, I have decided to quit making puzzles for the Elements Newsletter.  I hope the few of you who actually worked the puzzles, enjoyed my swan song. 

Spoiler for New Members:

Spoiler for Thank yous:
Many thanks to:
-Dm for Deck Idea of the Month and for interviewing me (Krzysiekxd)(along with Zawadx and secret member
-J617 for editing work and for all previous Puzzles
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:29:56 am by Krzysiekxd »

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1188674#msg1188674
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2015, 02:42:18 pm »
Great work on NL, as always!

Also sorry that I couldn't send in comic idea :P
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1188677#msg1188677
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 03:23:16 pm »
That deck is truly a classic.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1188682#msg1188682
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 04:46:24 pm »
Great work! :)
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1188683#msg1188683
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 05:56:44 pm »
Thanks for doing this!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1188688#msg1188688
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 08:47:24 pm »
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Re: Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1188732#msg1188732
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 11:30:38 am »
Link for the Mr Sexington rage quit thread

http://elementscommunity.org/forum/rainbow-decks/mrsexington's-'rage-quit-deck'/

Thanks, added! :)

Also, if anyone is interested, small version of NL is up!

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: May 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58306.msg1192389#msg1192389
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 02:05:16 pm »
My latest puzzles took a lot of time and effort and it seems as though few people were interested in solving them.
i dun even know what the heck is a nonogram LOL.

i dun even know what the comic is about but it
make me laugh anyway  ?_?

blarg: rise4toast,iancudorinmarian,Krzysiekxd,mathman101,BumbleSting,Physsion,Djking16,emorox,Kobalto,ricardoo1994,swordsman97,francesso,i_Dragonfly,Foremole,rorscatch,Siarnaq,Croissant,Virus55,Mann Time,mythologyrules,bunny,ANewLeaf,vladictus,triopsate,froggy,Phazon_Mage,yarnfang,bakington,viniciuspac,SlickRob,Bloody Thorne,SilverWolf,GuiltyAssassin,Velociraptor,_flames_,Dragara,reeper,Bramblery,Arleqin,blood heart,Gravitanian,infernalreaperofthesun,xoultimaox,Sillykid,Yancha,Ren The Reaper2,Emperor Azir,czechm8,The Guy With The Potato,becarem,Kyousukie,skykat,TTDice,Catariena,Ojutai,UC1NG,bandzrlife,Fake_Person,El Pep,Zylo,Seahorse,unknownimous,red351424,Matiorasu,cookiekid,rainbowrabbit,KiwiMedic,Kris2118,Dm,Malignant,Zawadx,J617