*Author

Offline JonathanCrazyJTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1262080#msg1262080
« on: April 05, 2017, 12:50:08 am »
Spoiler for April NL 2017:
April 2017
Trials Have Begun!

• The 11th Trials are upon us! As you read this, challengers from all twelve elements are converging to battle to the end, until one titan rises in each element to claim the title of master, and the honor of leading their element to War! There are a number of ways in which you could be qualified for Trials, so check out the rules page and see if you can envisage yourself as the revered leader of your favorite element!

• Trinity has reached a splendid conclusion! iancudorinmarian overcame an upgrade disadvantage to dispatch worldwideweb3 in the final, while Aves claimed third place! iancudorinmarian's versatile element picks of :entropy :gravity :earth allowed him strong options in Domin, Stall and Denial which his opponent couldn't cope with. worldwideweb3 is making a habit of becoming a glorious runner-up! I'm sure he won't mind us mentioning it, as he does in his own signature...

• Draft has almost completed its first stage, the draft itself. In a frantic couple of weeks, the ten teams have anonymously sent in bids, and card by card, divided the meta between them. Some have fared better than others, and we look forward to the big reveal of which team is which, so we can congratulate or commiserate. As you'd expect, the final cards as yet undrafted are a sorry bunch. See if you can construct a deck out of these, and post it in the comments!
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
    Deck import code : [Select]
    4t3 4vm 4vq 52i 52m 52p 52u 52v 55u 563 5c3 5f1 5f5 5lj 5rh 5ri 5rn 5rr 5uq 624 626 8pr

• The Competition section has well and truly reopened in the wake of Brawl! Art Competition: A New Standard saw budding Vexillologists attempt to design flags or standards for their favorite elements! DoctorC claimed a pixilated victory (shown above, albeit slightly stretched), and we saw a range of styles and interpretations, from simple real-world style flags of basic colors and shapes, to imagined war-standards, to russianspy1234's conceptual piece 'Darkness' shown in the spoiler below.
    Spoiler for Hidden:

• As one competition concludes, another is born! The first Card Design Competition since Card Design War 3 is here... although it's more card theft than card design! Idea Factory Espionage forces us to re-imagine the famous mechanics of the game, and place mutilated versions of them in a rival element! So far only three submissions have been made, so make use of the remaining time to steal your idea!

• This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666. March 4th's Mark of the Beast tournament was full of excitement, as participants battled their way to the top! kaempfer13 claimed first place with his beastly  decks. Congratulations!
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    Did you like the tourney in general? How about the rules?
    I enjoyed it, winning is always nice.  ;) I found a surprising variety of decks, even though the rules forced you to build around very few decent cards. There were no unbeatable decks and some slightly unusual tech choices turned out to be highly beneficial (like Timdood running 6 shockwaves in his FFQ deck to counter GotP, he only lost because eternity does some damage and coupled with steals denying his quanta he was forced to wait too long until he had enough quanta to output queens faster than i could rewind them).

The rule of using 6 distinct cards makes legality checks a bit difficult, as a single copy of a card (that no other rule prevents you from running or forces you to run) can make the difference between a legal and illegal deck. I for instance failed my 40% rngroll to acknowledge that fog as 7th card made my UG deck illegal (it fit right into the other  :air cards around it and I didn't count it when I checked for legality upon building the deck, as I literally missed it). When i finally realized my mistake at the end of the tournament I was so shocked that I briefly forgot how to count and thought most of my decks ran 7 cards and were thus illegal! Luckily for me, it was only that one and glennfoo didn't ask for a legality check, so the current tournament rules allowed me to proceed without having to replay a match that happened several rounds ago. Still, I'd rather not use illegal decks, so I'll look even more carefully in the future!

When, for you, was the most exciting moment of the tournament?
    That probably has to be the first match of the final. Adrenavamps was a deck that I did not predict, however I was lucky with my deck choice anyway. Lightnings took care of them easily, but had he drawn a single combo more than I had lightnings and a decent amount of luck with dusk mathman could very well have won. We both surprised each other with decks that the other one had neither faced nor built in this tournament.
    Timdood also caught me a bit offguard when i finally realized that eternity alone (while incredibly effective) would not have been enough to stop his FFQ deck, as his shockwaves shutdown most of my damage output.

In just a short sentence, or even one word, how would you summarize the whole tournament?
    Interestingly, I found 6 of the 6 cost cards -that you had to include 6 copies of- to be viable.

• Challenge a Master, Become a Master.
    But first, you will need a warm-up! Trials Hype was Mar. 12th's tourney getting us hyped and ready for trials. Battling his way in with sword and teeth was none other than Calindu himself!
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    Yes, the tourney was great and it reminded me of the masters tourney. The rules weren't bad, but I felt that the bans kinda helped me too much.

Don't remember one, the games were kinda straightforward, just played my creatures and used bone walls to stall a few turns most of the games.

In just a short sentence, or even one word, how would you summarize the whole tournament?
    Mono death OP.

• It has been 700 years since the planet was evacuated... and only garbage litters the landscape. Can they be the key to restore the lost glory? This week's tournament, Mar. 18th's The grand return of the Axiom. Buff your smaller creatures and use combinations to tinker your way to the top! Major strategist kaempfer13 crafted his victory with his awesome decks.
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    I kinda liked that decks had to be build around cards that are usually not used and no monos were possible; before fate egg was banned i was worried about reverse time running rampant and after the ban I still wanted to use it, but didn't come up with a good deck in my slightly less than 1 hour long preparation. I'm sure it would have done well as it turned out that armored scarabs +graboid was the strongest deck and it would counter that alongside mutadecks (noone even bothered using those interestingly), ffq decks and gravity earthduos. Obviously with borderline unusable cards required in the decks slightly unusual strategies started to work, which I'd always appreciate, though of course the rest of the deck were usually generally good cards we've seen used many times before.

All my opponents had kinda poor rng and my respective chosen deck was never unfavoured (a few 50-50 matches happened), so it was never really that tense for me. The match with Absol could easily have been interesting if his deckbuilding skills hadn't been so rusty, as he partially predicted and countered me, but his dmg output was just too poor to make me sweat at any point. I forgot what decks draco used, but he had pretty bad draws. I guess the most exciting game was g1 with mathman, kinda a mirrormatch of armoured scarabs+graboid, he build his deck slightly differently though. However a pretty poor quanta draw for him gave me a pretty easy win. The situation in the next game wasn't too different and at this point I was quite sure I could add yet another trophy to my collection (and right I was). So, unfortunately I have no real highlight, most of my wins were kinda handed out to me.

Scarab's time to shine!

• They say survival of the fittest is the way to go. A statement could never be more correct with Mar. 25th's 6x6 Slim Pickings tournament! This popular speedbuilding method is one of the community's favourites. TheonlyrealBeef was the survivor of this tournament, scavenging through what little there was to pick from and coming out with the best decks!
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    Lazy and uninspired, but at least the meta was interesting. Except for the Nymphs, there were too many Nymphs allowed and not enough alternative attackers from the same elements, it's like whomever organized it was trying to win with Nymphs, good thing I showed them!
    Spoiler for Story behind the cards:
    I actually just picked a 7x7 randomizer this time, removed the element with the most OP cards (Fire), then the shards, then the Nymphs for elements that I hadn't already removed shards from.

Last game against Timdood3, I won with 1hp! He kept using a similar deck, but I had no clear counter ready for it. So I just lucked my way to victory.

Mummies!

• Battle League: worldwideweb3 is marching ahead with 1574 points! Ryli right behind, a tough call indeed, stay tuned, and find out the winners in 10 days!

• Leagues 1/2017 are almost finished! A low number of games played so far, and only ten days remaining before those shiny prizes are given away. Get those games in!

• If the promise of valuable prizes weren't enough, this season's Leagues have adjusted the meta by allowing shards as standard (though you can ban them if your opponent agrees). On top of that, should you want a challenge, the League Organizers are releasing Weekly Features Rules to spice up your clashes! Good luck!
  • Quantafied 3 - by Linkcat has ended with a couple of Jolts, a Firestorm, and a very charred Aves lying slain by last-one-standing Ryli! Congratulations on your victory!

• Elements Mafia 68 - by Kuroaitou saw town talk their way to victory. Seriously. Loads of talking. The Kuro effect made this an excellent mafia game with 185 pages of scum-hunty goodness. rob77dp managed a mighty 551 posts. That's dedication. Or insanity, but let's go with dedication!

• Sign-ups are up and running for Elements Mafia 69 - by killsdazombies! What a lucky couple of months for the mafia players of the forum, first a Kuro mafia, now a KDZ one! In a Dreams inspired mafia game, the Nightmares will try to crush the Dreamers in their sleep. Don't miss this mafia slumber-party!

• Kuroaitou is rumored to be working on a new Forum Game called "ESC". Well, not exactly rumored. He literally told everyone he's working on a new Forum game called ESC. But we can release this exclusive snippet from the rules! "Every player has 10 hearts. Lose all hearts, you die. If one team remains, they automatically win by massacre. If one team escapes, they also win by ESC (Escape~)."
All Over The Place!

• April Fool's Day saw a few curiosities across the forum... here's a few of the best...

• Chat went... odd. Specifically, for 10 minutes every hour it went upside down and was populated by Kuroaitous.
    Spoiler for It was highly confusing.:

• In other news, unrelated to April Fools, Laarry has been posting a daily pixelated picture, and delighting the community with their simple cuteness! Take a look at Laarry's Daily Drawing!

• If you see or hear about a in interesting thread that you think should be included in the newsletter, let the Newsletter Writers know, it may be included in next month's 'All Over The Place' section!

• There have been no new hirings this month, but a very exciting opportunity is currently open for one of the most respected and important roles on the forum! Warmaster Hiring is open, apply now!

Tea Time with Ryli

Below is the portion of an interview:

What is you favorite weapon and why is it that? (Anonymous)

:gravity Titan :gravity Throwing large objects for no good reason is fun.

Minecraft, Terraria, or Roblox? (Anonymous)

None of them are my sort of game, but Minecraft, if I had to play one.

Do you have a crush on anyone on the forums? (Anonymous)

They'll know...

Find this answer and more in Ryli's official interview

New Members
Spoiler for Introduction posts:
Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board within the past month. Just click a certain name to be redirected to the corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to newcomers! ;)

TUNE OF THE MONTH!

With Trials starting up, this month's song is a call to anyone in any walk of life, elements or not, who needs to understand, they ARE worthy.

Mutating the Most Bang for your Buck

6ts 6ts 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u4 6u4 6u4 6u4 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 7an 7an 7an 7ee 7ee 7qb 7qb 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b 8pu

Deck idea by laelin.
Deck review by TheonlyrealBeef

Card by card:

Supernova: Main source of non-entropy-element quanta and the primary way of getting a creature out to mutate. Save them up in pairs when possible for Improved Mutation.

Improved Mutation: Although primarily meant for giving you an attacking creature while neutralizing Singularities, it can also be used on the opponents' stronger creatures to both weaken them, and strengthen you by giving you a Twin Universe target. Just be careful since it can easily backfire with this usage, especially if the target becomes immaterial.

Twin Universe: The nicest thing about combining Twin Universe with mutants, is that you essentially get a new Mutant that is stronger. And even when you do not get a decent mutant up in time, you can use it on your opponents' creatures instead.

Precognition/Shard of Bravery: Efficient card draw, essentially shortening the size of your deck, allowing you to use a smaller deck. The only problem is that you pretty much need to use at least one Supernova to use them, praying you will draw another through these. So in the most cases that you will want to use it, you risk breaking up the combo by not drawing what you need.

Epinephrine: The thread best describes the full advantages of using Epinephrine with PU mutants, but it is essentially the most efficient buff card for increasing the power of Twin Universe. This way, even mutants that would otherwise appear weak can be used as powerhouses.

Strategy:
You'll want to play your Towers and Pendulums while saving up the rest in hand. Discard Improved Mutations or Epinephrines if you get too many of them, or play Supernovae one by one if you have a lot of them, but no Improved Mutations yet. Play the combo all at once as soon as possible: double Supernova, Improved Mutation on the Singularity.

Strengths:
Excels against slower decks, specifically quanta-lock decks. The versatility of TU and Mutation also offer it a good chance against buff decks as well.

Weaknesses:
The main glaring weakness is the cards you need in your hand to start the combo. It is essentially a 5 card combo (Supernova x2, Improved Mutation, Epinephrine, Twin Universe). The deck cannot consistently beat even ai2 for this reason.

Alternative deck choices:
The idea behind the deck was to take mutations to a new level by building a combo that relies on it: adrenaline was meant to mitigate the effect of low-power mutants affecting your outcome. Although the deck succeeds at this, making a large combo on already unreliable mutants, has made the deck both slower and less reliable than other mutation decks. To keep the idea but make it more competitive, I'd suggest using a bunch of cheap rainbow cards to help keep you alive and deal with some other weaknesses while you are at it. That way, you can use your first supernova for both these cards and extra card draw, rather than relying on starting out with exactly 2 Supernovae. It also uses less quanta generators: you really don't need much more than 2 Pendulums to supply your entire deck thanks to Supernovae.
Spoiler for modification:
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u4 6u4 6u4 6u4 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 71u 74a 7an 7an 7ee 7n0 7qb 7qb 7th 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b 8pu

This Card review was written by Hyroen

Art by: Zblader.

:darkness Darkness is an intriguing, fan-favourite element that can be inviting and challenging for new players yet almost forever difficult to entirely master. Highly controlling and disruptive, the element seeks to overwhelm the opponent through techniques from behind the shadows. Associated with thievery and using your own opponent's cards against them, :darkness Snatch | Snatch by Anarook finds a perfect home within the element. Designed to allow the user to snatch cards that the opponent discards, this does not mean you will only be getting the opponent's junk. :darkness Darkness always finds a way.

Quanta Production

Without a specific discard-forcing spell, :darkness Snatch has no specific card it directly synergizes with, however, plenty of cards work quite well with it, some of which work well together as well. :fire Shard of Bravery, :aether Silence, :gravity Black Hole, & of course, :darkness Nightmare are potent cards in their own right, however, they work beautifully in concert with this card's main objective. Seeing as the benefits of the 'snatching' effect can be highly dependent on the opponent's deck, this card may see more use either in Rainbow decks or in decks capitalizing on :darkness Nightmare to influence the cards the opponent may be discarding. Otherwise, this card may be seeing its main benefit become the :darkness that it generates.

Here is a deck designed by Hyroen that shows an effective way to use :darkness Snatch | Snatch!

Deck 1:
4t9 4t9 4t9 4t9 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7q0 7qe 7qe 7qe 7qe 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7t5 7t5 7t8 7t8 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 7th 8pt

(Relics represent :darkness Snatch)

The ability of :darkness Snatch to be able to potentially create duplicates of a creature that you want with a simple discard of the opponent makes every discard deadly. Not only would an opponent discarding a Ghost of the Past make them take 13 damage, but depending on the space in your hand, the discard would produce a pseudo-Fractal effect depending on how many copies of :darkness Snatch you have in play. As such, this deck could easily be losing slightly at one point and then winning drastically the next. Furthermore, should you note that you have much more :darkness than :time, you can always try using the quanta generating effects of :darkness Snatch to bring out several :darkness Obsidian Dragons.

:darkness Darkness is a well-defined element and a wonderfully fun element to design cards for. Known for using the opponent's cards against them and looking for openings to strike, :darkness Snatch makes an excellent addition to a game which does not capitalize on discards quite as much as it could, and from the elegance of this card, not as much as it should.

To see more of Anarook's work check out their portfolio!

Until next time!

Many thanks to:
-Ryli for the interiew.
-TheonlyrealBeef for DiotM.
-Hyroen for CiotM.
-all readers for reading ;)

Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1262084#msg1262084
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:00:24 am »
Images being skewed is a bit rough to look at - only use one of the width and height tags, set to the size you need, and the other will scale automatically.

Looks great otherwise, nice work.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1262085#msg1262085
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:09:12 am »
Is that an Infinity Train image? :O

Minor nitpick, Zblader --> ZephyrPhantom
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

• Legendary Member
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1262086#msg1262086
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 02:11:27 am »

Have a feeling the art was submitted by Zblader, pre-Zeph, but would need confirmation from Hyro
Competitions!

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1262090#msg1262090
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 03:28:18 am »
See if you can construct a deck out of these, and post it in the comments!

Challenge accepted.

Spoiler for Hidden:
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4t3 4vm 4vq 52i 52m 52p 52u 52v 55u 563 5c3 5f1 5f5 5lj 5rh 5ri 5rn 5rr 5uq 624 626 8ps
It's a deck, it's made out of the cards so technically it counts.

Spoiler for "Real" decks:
4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vm 4vm 4vm 4vm 4vm 4vm 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5ri 5ri 5ri 8pn
4t3 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52i 52i 52i 52i 52i 52i 52m 52m 52m 52m 52m 52u 52u 52u 52u 52u 52u 5uq 5uq 5uq 8pt
55k 55k 55k 55u 55u 55u 55u 55u 55u 563 563 563 563 563 563 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 576 5f1 5f1 5f1 5f1 5f1 5f1 5f5 8po
4t3 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rg 5rh 5rh 5rh 5rh 5ri 5ri 5ri 5ri 5ri 5ri 5rn 5rn 5rn 5rn 5rn 5rn 8pu
All the decks are bad mostly because the only decent offensive card is graviton fire eater. The first one is relatively good getting a 7TTW in one of it's test games and the mutations were mostly abominations with a few mid range attackers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:48:07 am by Mr Muffin »

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1262091#msg1262091
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 03:35:04 am »
song of the month is so uplifting, well done!
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

• Legendary Member
  • Top-Decking Words
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1262102#msg1262102
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 12:45:13 pm »
Thanks for the feedback.

I want to make a statement about the Interview of the month section.

It has been a convention for some time now to have the community decide the Interviewee. This is brilliant and we would have it stay so.
However, there seems to be an issue with sourcing Interview questions. I believe this is in part because the polling process takes up time in the month that could be used to allow the community more time to notice it's time for question asking, and more time to think of questions.

We have not quite ironed out the details, but we wish to address this by moving the polling back a month. The community will decide the interviewee for the month AFTER the current poll.

One option is that the NLWs will select one interviewee themselves as we used to, which will allow the current poll be used the following month, another option is to run two polls at once. We will keep you all up to date with our decision :)

I hope you all enjoy this month's offering, and will enjoy further improvements in the future!
Competitions!

Offline Hyroen

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Hyroen brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • like. follow. tweet.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSkill of the Elemental : Mark of ProtectionWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1262110#msg1262110
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 03:49:24 pm »

Likely was ZephyrPhantom though it does say Zblader in the thread's art credits, so I'll leave it as is for now.
WAR X - TEAM :air AIR

[EtG Council]   |   [Card Ideas & Art]   |   [Guilds]

• Legendary Member
  • Top-Decking Words
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: April 2017 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64361.msg1263449#msg1263449
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 11:26:41 pm »
The May Newsletter will be released 3rd - 4th May to include the 11th Trials Final Battle Participants.
Good luck everyone hoping for a place!
Competitions!

blarg: iancudorinmarian,worldwideweb3,Aves,DoctorC,russianspy1234,kaempfer13,Calindu,TheonlyrealBeef,Ryli,rob77dp,Kuroaitou,Linkcat,Zyardran,Laarry,khila,suburban_69,Vightcore,Aurocard,NixTheFox,Ekki,Arbelos,xdarkxmatterx,maxandcheese,AlasPoorYorick,Goolash12,doublebaconator,LordJohn985,xBrendonx,iMoose,Asriel,Jackanory,ledspirit,Sweezy Gettem,Carcharodon,xX_fl0wing_Xx,Veilos,Jeffreyswita,Drakkz,ewzbgmmeno,Gwyvian,Metruption,DomkiPhect,TheBatter,kmraaimeno,laelin,Hyroen,Zblader,Anarook,Amashi