*Author

Offline CalambarTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221895#msg1221895
« on: February 01, 2016, 05:28:41 pm »
My Newsletter Writer farewell note - in the third post. (Note: this only refers to leaving staff position, I don't leave the forums).

Spoiler for February NL 2016:
February 2016
WAR IS FINALLY OVER!
DARKNESS REIGNS THE FORUMS!

BRAWL #5 IS INCOMING!
11th COUNCIL VOTING IS UNDERWAY!
NEW LEAGUE ORGANIZER!

• War is finally over! Congratulations to our new champion

:darkness Darkness :darkness!

• A new PVP Event has been launched! There Can Only Be One signups are closed. Stay tuned to see the action unfold between elementals!

• We had our semi-regular speedbuilding challenge tournament on January 2nd - or, we would have, except the tournament itself didn't happen at normal speed and was delayed until the 6th. With greater activity on the second date, challengers vied with each other after being given 7 cards from 7 elements, a random selection of 49 total in the 7x7 Speedbuilding Tournament. Willng3 claimed the win with one main deck and two extra. After the action, he answered a few questions (interview in the spoiler below):

Spoiler for Hidden:
    Did you like the tourney in general? How about the rules?
    I can't recall participating in a speedbuilding tourney before, so it was a nice change of pace. I couldn't complain about the rules since they made card choices almost completely randomized, though I did think that people that received a bye during the first round had a huge advantage over other participants that had 15 minutes to create and finalize deck choices.

When, for you, was the most exciting moment of the tournament?
    The last game of the last match, for sure. I was at wit's end at first because of one of the worst starting hands possible with the deck I used, but somehow the rest of my draws worked in my favor.

In just a short sentence, or even one word, how would you summarize the whole competition?
    Experience was key not just in knowing what deck(s) would dominate the metagame but also using that deck correctly when placed in a mirror match.
    Congratulations on your win, good luck next time!

• The world is full of majestic dragons, rarely sighted nymphs, and other mysterious creatures! However, our Zero to Hero tournament January 9th was not full of any of those things. Winner mathman101 and the rest of our competitors were tasked with lifting up the underappreciated critters of the elemental realm and giving them a place of honor in the competition decks. He opted mainly for Blue Crawlers with the support of Adrenaline to power through opposition (see the deck here). Following the competition, we had a few words from the victor (interview in the spoiler below).

Spoiler for Interview with the winner:
    Yes, I enjoyed the rule set. It was fun finding ways to incorporate some of the less commonly used creatures into strong decks.

The most exciting would have been during my last game vs. Sub. He managed to get up a few bonewalls to slow me down, but my Adrenaline creatures continued to punch through it. on his last turn he played up one last bonewall, but my creatures ripped through it and my weapon had enough attack for an exact damage kill.

In just a short sentence, or even one word, how would you summarize the whole competition?
    AdrenaCrawlers

Congratulations again and good luck in the future!

• With our ninth War winding down, the community was invited to pick through the ashes in its wake and use what was left behind. Aves beat everyone else to the War victory (in a way) when on January 16th he won the Winning War Like a Champ tournament, making the best of the first fourteen rounds of War. Afterwards, he had this to say (Interview in the spoiler below):
    Spoiler for Interview with the winner::
    How did your first tournament triumph feel? Was it somehow special?
    Both exhilarating and draining. Exhilarating, because of the awesome ruleset and finally being able to use SoV in a competitive game (Thanks Team :time!). I don't think I ever expected that to be possible. I also loved how it allowed me to take advantage of my time spent copying down all those decks! Draining, because of the way the last match ended after two disconnects and a failed screenshot from me...
    Massive respect and kudos to Mathman101 for being understanding and looking at the matchup (Time's R2 SoV vs one of Death's PDials) and conceding even though I derped on the second screenshot. In addition, well...it felt like I could finally fall asleep :P  Playing from midnight to 3 AM will do that to you. Insane TOs with their insane midnight tourney starts. Heh.

I thought the tournament rules were excellent! Not being able to repeat a deck/element was very, very interesting - you had to base your entire prep around that. Much more focus on playing the deck to the fullest, less of maybe hiding some cards in the beginning to prevent your opponent from reverse-engineering/predicting your deck. In addition, being able to instantly know exactly which deck your opponent was using from the mark and type of pends they were using (Oh, that's Aether's PUGrabbow! Oh, that's Air's SoFree mono rush! Wait, Time built a nova version of SoV!?) was very rewarding. I'll admit, as somebody who's been helping to compile a list of all war decks used, I may have had a bit of an advantage in that. The basic idea is certainly worth repeating - lots of options with different roles kept, different wars used, etc! Maybe 'Use only the Entropy Decks from Wars 1-9" or something in the future. If so, I think everybody having access to some form of this might be useful.

Ah, but there were so many! If I had to choose, it would have to be my 2nd match against Odii. Darkness's Pandestall against Air's Mono SoFree rush. This was a matchup we'd actually done in testing, and we'd concluded that the burst from sky blitz would've been too much for our stall to handle. Early on, Odii had 2 shards out and played a dragon. I hadn't drawn any pandemoniums, so it was a 50/50 shot to use my antimatter on the dragon. I played the antimatter, closed my eyes...and it worked! When he later bursted with blitz, it sent me down very low, I think something below 10 hp, and he was at 40. Three drains brought him down to 10 as well, but as vagger only does 6 damage, I needed a lucky pandemonium to either PU for me or to disable one of his attackers - and the PU came through! Some other interesting facets of that particular round were Odii using entropy's denialbow vs me using entropy grabbow (1 pend draw) for a mirror in g1, and also me using Gravity's DBH in revenge against some sort of Light/Aether stall (1 pend draw).

Insanity. This tournament was insanity.

• Next tournament involved mathematics; everyone likes math, right? Well, whether or not you're interested much in counting, the important part was the use of prime numbers. Primes vs. Composites pitted two factions against each other: the indivisible primes and the complex composites. Primes could use cards with costs such as 2, 3, 5, and 7; Composites could use cards costing 4, 6, 8, 9, and the like. For the sake of availability, 0 and 1 were declared neutral. Iancudorinmarian was our victor, with several decks put together for his prime role in the competition. (Interview with him in the spoiler below.)
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    It was pretty fun, not only because I won, but because you could do certain deck choices and plays by just knowing your opponent's choice of prime/composite.

The most exciting moment was the last game. I was playing mono fire and Regy was playing mitovourer, he started with 1 pend and I started with 1 pillar, but I topdecked like 4 pillars in a row while he got none, I managed to rage pot every devourer he played and outrush with phoenix. I had a really tough time picking the deck, because for every deck I had, he had a counter, so it was all a gamble. Guess it paid up.

Easy games, until I reached finals.
    Congratulations and best of luck in future competitions!

• In the aftermath of War, Team Darkness invited everyone to their realm for a party tournament, though those who came were restricted to cards which paid tribute to the element by their names. While those teams which fell in War could not have been particularly pleased, the celebration continued anyway.  In the fighting festivities, Submachine won out with two main decks, and afterwards gave the newsletter some brief remarks (Interview in spoiler below):

Spoiler for Hidden:
    I liked the setup, yes, even though I didn't have a chance to think much about it. I put together my decks 1 hour prior the tournament and I didn't even plan that I could win. Blacksmith and MeowMeowCat believed in me though, and I did my best to win this for them.
    The rules were good, but they were also a one-timer. It can only be used once, because after that, people would already know the strong decks.

Almost all of it was intense! Probably the most intense game was against JCJ in the Finals, which I sadly lost, but all the new cards I drew helped me to survive a bit more and then another bit more, until he had only 4 cards left and I couldn't resist his damage any more. I had intense matches against DANIEELA, blrawen and even pliterallyh too.

So intense.
    Congratulations on your win, good luck in the future!

This section was entirely made by Silver Emerald. + rep for him!

• Championship League: Nothing yet. Stay tuned and watch our PVPers battle it out for first place!
  • Battle League: Timdood3 starts off an amazing run with first blood! Keep your eyes open to see how well he does in the rest!
  • Leagues has started! Go on, don't be shy, join!

• Kuroaitou's RAID is still accepting sign ups! Go join while you still have the chance!

Tea Time with Discord

Below is the portion of an interview:

So, when Discord Chat started, it was new and sparkly, but I honestly didn't think it would last as long as it has. Why do you think it has lasted this long? And what do you like about it? (dawn to dusk)

It lasted as long as it did because we now have fun karaoke nights on the weekend! Yay! I like it because it gives people the ability to trust others, and make these random strangers not so random, and I think it's just an amazing app to use. It makes communication so much easier instead of having to go back and forth in PMs. ^^

Deepest secret you're willing to reveal? (anonymous)

I don't have any, i'm actually a very open person, there's no secrets with me :P

What is the secret of your success? (Silver Emerald)

The secret? There is no secret~ But here: Stay confident, stay positive, always look at things in a good eye, Be enthusiastic, love your work. That's the secret to my success :)

If you could marry anyone from the EtG community, who would it be? Why?

I.. well, I don't know...

Find the answer and more here: LINK. You cannot find this interview in the first post of Featured Community Member thread because it is full. This is only a temporal issue and council is working on solving this.

New Members

Spoiler for Introduction posts:

Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board (but not later than in 2 months prior to Newsletter). Just click a certain name to be redirected to corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to new comers ;)

In my last Newsletter I want to present the second part of War#9 report, script by Zawadx :) Enjoy!
(Below it's only an excerpt of the comic, but don't miss the link to the full version!)

Spoiler for Excerpt of a comic:

LINK TO A FULL COMIC

Bonus strip
Spoiler for Hidden:

Adrenaflies by Timdood3
This Deck idea of the Month was brought to you by Vineroz

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5la 5la 5ok 5ok 5ok 5ok 5ok 5ok 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 8pn

Card#Description
Adrenaline5Essential boost for damage. Will not work without this card.
Golden Dragon2Extra damage when necessary
Firefly6Main attacker, also plays a very important role in building tempo
Damselfly4Quanta source and alternate attacker. Strongly recommended to be upgraded because of quanta distribution.
Shard of Freedom6A boost on attack and protection to Fireflies. Strongly recommended to be upgraded because of quanta distribution.
Air Pendulum7Quanta source

This month we once again look into deck synergies with Adrenaline:air :life combo is one of the earliest combos that caught many new player's eyes, all because of one card - Firefly Queen. It is so popular that there is a False God (Fire Queen) made with this synergy, also the introduction of Hope and Sanctuary gave FFQ decks a more versatile approach.

Because of this reason, Firefly as a standalone card is usually being overlooked. Why would I waste a card slot for one creature instead of the creature's generator? The card value just seems to be superior. Moreover, if we compare Firefly with other 3-attack creatures (because of Adrenaline synergy), it does look kind of lame:

CardCostStatAbility
Firefly3 :air3|2Bioluminescence: Generate :light per turn
Horned Frog2 :life2|2-
Flesh Spider3 :death3|3 :air Web: Target creature loses "airborne"

So why are we using this poor card? Aren't we trying to be the very best, like no one ever was? The answer is very simple, just one card:

One single card that can 1. boost your airbourne creature's attack 2. helps them bypass shield 3. prevents targeting from opponent. Can you find another card that serves more purpose and fills up so many weakness in every aspect? NO YOU CAN'T. With the boost of Adrenaline and Shard of Freedom, a single Firefly can do up to 20 unstoppable damage per turn. That's twice as much as a dragon!

Play style

Damsels and SoFree are the first priority to play. Although Firefly is your main attacker and this is quite a rushy deck, you want to protect your Fireflies by playing SoFree first. Always reserve Adrenaline on Fireflies, unless you can win the game by Adrenaline'ing your Damsels.

Best against

Although SoFree can provide exponential growth on attack/turn, the combo is a drawback to bring the tempo back on curve. With this reason this deck is best against 100HP opponents.

Why you should use this deck
  • SoFree is OP
  • SoFree is OP
  • SoFree is OP
What beats this deck easily
  • Reverse Time, just like any other combo decks
  • Quanta denial: This deck is quite tight on quanta generation
  • Lots of CC/PC: They can just destroy and kill everything

This card idea of the Month was written by kirbylover314

To honor Darkness’s victory in War 9, Treldon’s Draw! was chosen as the Card Idea of the Month, not only for its element, but also its elegance and practicality. In true Darkness style, it can put you ahead of the opponent by being draw power, mill, or hand denial.

Combined with Shard of Bravery, it can be a powerful mill card, forcing your opponent to deck out before you do. However, when combined with Nightmare and Silence, you can deny your opponent from playing any cards at all, while unpreventable damage to them over and over. Draw! can also ramp up damage or card advantage during turns where you wouldn’t play cards anyways, for example, in SNbows or Mono Darkness.

Here are some examples of the multiple ways one could use Draw! (Note that Relics replace Draw!):
Spoiler for Hidden:
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rp 6rp 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 6u5 713 713 74f 74f 752 77g 77g 7ah 7dm 7dq 7gm 7ju 7n8 7n8 80g 8pj

In addition to the previously stated card advantage, the combo nature of this deck (Discord + Black Hole/Shard of Focus and Wings + Flesh Recluse/Phase Recluse) can sometimes fail on you without the ability to draw. At the cost of 4 :darkness , you could find the one card to seal a match, as well as gain two other helpful cards.

6rp 6rp 6rp 6rp 6rp 6rp 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7t8 7t8 7tb 7tb 7tc 7tc 7tc 7tc 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8po

Here, you have 12 cards that can force your opponent to draw 3 cards at a time. Anything that gets played would be killed by the abundance of Creature Control, while Vampire Dagger and Improved Dusk would help stall.

While Draw! has its many uses, it is important to plan well, as silencing yourself or letting your opponent draw could be detrimental at times, but that's part of the beauty of this card: It looks simple, but opens up many complex possibilities in game.

Many thanks to:
-Vineroz for Deck idea of the Month.
-kirbylover314 for Card idea of the Month.
-Silver Emerald for Weekly Tournaments section.
-Zawadx for script for Comic Idea
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:59:24 am by Krzysiekxd »
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221896#msg1221896
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 05:28:49 pm »
SMALL NL
Spoiler for MONTH NL 2016 small:
February 2016
WAR IS FINALLY OVER!
DARKNESS REIGNS THE FORUMS!

BRAWL #5 IS INCOMING!
11th COUNCIL VOTING IS UNDERWAY!
NEW LEAGUE ORGANIZER!

CONTENTS:

Spoiler for PvP Events:

• War is finally over! Congratulations to our new champion

:darkness Darkness :darkness!

• A new PVP Event has been launched! There Can Only Be One signups are closed. Stay tuned to see the action unfold between elementals!

Spoiler for Competitions:

Spoiler for Weekly Tournaments:

• We had our semi-regular speedbuilding challenge tournament on January 2nd - or, we would have, except the tournament itself didn't happen at normal speed and was delayed until the 6th. With greater activity on the second date, challengers vied with each other after being given 7 cards from 7 elements, a random selection of 49 total in the 7x7 Speedbuilding Tournament. Willng3 claimed the win with one main deck and two extra. After the action, he answered a few questions (interview in the spoiler below):

Spoiler for Hidden:
    I can't recall participating in a speedbuilding tourney before, so it was a nice change of pace. I couldn't complain about the rules since they made card choices almost completely randomized, though I did think that people that received a bye during the first round had a huge advantage over other participants that had 15 minutes to create and finalize deck choices.

The last game of the last match, for sure. I was at wit's end at first because of one of the worst starting hands possible with the deck I used, but somehow the rest of my draws worked in my favor.

Experience was key not just in knowing what deck(s) would dominate the metagame but also using that deck correctly when placed in a mirror match.
    Congratulations on your win, good luck next time!

• The world is full of majestic dragons, rarely sighted nymphs, and other mysterious creatures! However, our Zero to Hero tournament January 9th was not full of any of those things. Winner mathman101 and the rest of our competitors were tasked with lifting up the underappreciated critters of the elemental realm and giving them a place of honor in the competition decks. He opted mainly for Blue Crawlers with the support of Adrenaline to power through opposition (see the deck here). Following the competition, we had a few words from the victor (interview in the spoiler below).

Spoiler for Interview with the winner:
    Yes, I enjoyed the rule set. It was fun finding ways to incorporate some of the less commonly used creatures into strong decks.

The most exciting would have been during my last game vs. Sub. He managed to get up a few bonewalls to slow me down, but my Adrenaline creatures continued to punch through it. on his last turn he played up one last bonewall, but my creatures ripped through it and my weapon had enough attack for an exact damage kill.

AdrenaCrawlers

• With our ninth War winding down, the community was invited to pick through the ashes in its wake and use what was left behind. Aves beat everyone else to the War victory (in a way) when on January 16th he won the Winning War Like a Champ tournament, making the best of the first fourteen rounds of War. Afterwards, he had this to say (Interview in the spoiler below):
    Spoiler for Interview with the winner::
    How did your first tournament triumph feel? Was it somehow special?
    Both exhilarating and draining. Exhilarating, because of the awesome ruleset and finally being able to use SoV in a competitive game (Thanks Team :time!). I don't think I ever expected that to be possible. I also loved how it allowed me to take advantage of my time spent copying down all those decks! Draining, because of the way the last match ended after two disconnects and a failed screenshot from me...
    Massive respect and kudos to Mathman101 for being understanding and looking at the matchup (Time's R2 SoV vs one of Death's PDials) and conceding even though I derped on the second screenshot. In addition, well...it felt like I could finally fall asleep :P  Playing from midnight to 3 AM will do that to you. Insane TOs with their insane midnight tourney starts. Heh.

I thought the tournament rules were excellent! Not being able to repeat a deck/element was very, very interesting - you had to base your entire prep around that. Much more focus on playing the deck to the fullest, less of maybe hiding some cards in the beginning to prevent your opponent from reverse-engineering/predicting your deck. In addition, being able to instantly know exactly which deck your opponent was using from the mark and type of pends they were using (Oh, that's Aether's PUGrabbow! Oh, that's Air's SoFree mono rush! Wait, Time built a nova version of SoV!?) was very rewarding. I'll admit, as somebody who's been helping to compile a list of all war decks used, I may have had a bit of an advantage in that. The basic idea is certainly worth repeating - lots of options with different roles kept, different wars used, etc! Maybe 'Use only the Entropy Decks from Wars 1-9" or something in the future. If so, I think everybody having access to some form of this might be useful.

Ah, but there were so many! If I had to choose, it would have to be my 2nd match against Odii. Darkness's Pandestall against Air's Mono SoFree rush. This was a matchup we'd actually done in testing, and we'd concluded that the burst from sky blitz would've been too much for our stall to handle. Early on, Odii had 2 shards out and played a dragon. I hadn't drawn any pandemoniums, so it was a 50/50 shot to use my antimatter on the dragon. I played the antimatter, closed my eyes...and it worked! When he later bursted with blitz, it sent me down very low, I think something below 10 hp, and he was at 40. Three drains brought him down to 10 as well, but as vagger only does 6 damage, I needed a lucky pandemonium to either PU for me or to disable one of his attackers - and the PU came through! Some other interesting facets of that particular round were Odii using entropy's denialbow vs me using entropy grabbow (1 pend draw) for a mirror in g1, and also me using Gravity's DBH in revenge against some sort of Light/Aether stall (1 pend draw).

Insanity. This tournament was insanity.

• Next tournament involved mathematics; everyone likes math, right? Well, whether or not you're interested much in counting, the important part was the use of prime numbers. Primes vs. Composites pitted two factions against each other: the indivisible primes and the complex composites. Primes could use cards with costs such as 2, 3, 5, and 7; Composites could use cards costing 4, 6, 8, 9, and the like. For the sake of availability, 0 and 1 were declared neutral. Iancudorinmarian was our victor, with several decks put together for his prime role in the competition. (Interview with him in the spoiler below.)
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    It was pretty fun, not only because I won, but because you could do certain deck choices and plays by just knowing your opponent's choice of prime/composite.

The most exciting moment was the last game. I was playing mono fire and Regy was playing mitovourer, he started with 1 pend and I started with 1 pillar, but I topdecked like 4 pillars in a row while he got none, I managed to rage pot every devourer he played and outrush with phoenix. I had a really tough time picking the deck, because for every deck I had, he had a counter, so it was all a gamble. Guess it paid up.

Easy games, until I reached finals.
    Congratulations and best of luck in future competitions!

• In the aftermath of War, Team Darkness invited everyone to their realm for a party tournament, though those who came were restricted to cards which paid tribute to the element by their names. While those teams which fell in War could not have been particularly pleased, the celebration continued anyway.  In the fighting festivities, Submachine won out with two main decks, and afterwards gave the newsletter some brief remarks (Interview in spoiler below):

Spoiler for Hidden:
    I liked the setup, yes, even though I didn't have a chance to think much about it. I put together my decks 1 hour prior the tournament and I didn't even plan that I could win. Blacksmith and MeowMeowCat believed in me though, and I did my best to win this for them.
    The rules were good, but they were also a one-timer. It can only be used once, because after that, people would already know the strong decks.

Almost all of it was intense! Probably the most intense game was against JCJ in the Finals, which I sadly lost, but all the new cards I drew helped me to survive a bit more and then another bit more, until he had only 4 cards left and I couldn't resist his damage any more. I had intense matches against DANIEELA, blrawen and even pliterallyh too.

So intense.
    Congratulations on your win, good luck in the future!

Spoiler for Leagues:

• Championship League: Nothing yet. Stay tuned and watch our PVPers battle it out for first place!

• Battle League: Timdood3 starts off an amazing run with first blood! Keep your eyes open to see how well he does in the rest!

• Leagues has started! Go on, don't be shy, join!

Spoiler for Forum Games:

• Kuroaitou's RAID is still accepting sign ups! Go join while you still have the chance!

Spoiler for Staff Changes:

Spoiler for Tea Time (interview):
Tea Time with Discord

Below is the portion of an interview with Discord!

So, when Discord Chat started, it was new and sparkly, but I honestly didn't think it would last as long as it has. Why do you think it has lasted this long? And what do you like about it? (dawn to dusk)

It lasted as long as it did because we now have fun karaoke nights on the weekend! Yay! I like it because it gives people the ability to trust others, and make these random strangers not so random, and I think it's just an amazing app to use. It makes communication so much easier instead of having to go back and forth in PMs. ^^

Deepest secret you're willing to reveal? (anonymous)

I don't have any, i'm actually a very open person, there's no secrets with me :P

What is the secret of your success? (Silver Emerald)

The secret? There is no secret~ But here: Stay confident, stay positive, always look at things in a good eye, Be enthusiastic, love your work. That's the secret to my success :)

Find the answer and more here: LINK. You cannot find this interview in the first post of Featured Community Member thread because it is full. This is only a temporal issue and council is working on solving this.

Spoiler for Comic of the Month:

In my last Newsletter I want to present the second part of War#9 report, script by Zawadx :) Enjoy!

LINK TO A COMIC

Spoiler for Deck Idea of the Month:

Adrenaflies by Timdood3
This Deck idea of the Month was brought to you by Vineroz

Spoiler for deck code:
5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5c7 5la 5la 5ok 5ok 5ok 5ok 5ok 5ok 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 5pu 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 8pn

Card#Description
Adrenaline5Essential boost for damage. Will not work without this card.
Golden Dragon2Extra damage when necessary
Firefly6Main attacker, also plays a very important role in building tempo
Damselfly4Quanta source and alternate attacker. Strongly recommended to be upgraded because of quanta distribution.
Shard of Freedom6A boost on attack and protection to Fireflies. Strongly recommended to be upgraded because of quanta distribution.
Air Pendulum7Quanta source

This month we once again look into deck synergies with Adrenaline:air :life combo is one of the earliest combos that caught many new player's eyes, all because of one card - Firefly Queen. It is so popular that there is a False God (Fire Queen) made with this synergy, also the introduction of Hope and Sanctuary gave FFQ decks a more versatile approach.

Because of this reason, Firefly as a standalone card is usually being overlooked. Why would I waste a card slot for one creature instead of the creature's generator? The card value just seems to be superior. Moreover, if we compare Firefly with other 3-attack creatures (because of Adrenaline synergy), it does look kind of lame:

CardCostStatAbility
Firefly3 :air3|2Bioluminescence: Generate :light per turn
Horned Frog2 :life2|2-
Flesh Spider3 :death3|3 :air Web: Target creature loses "airborne"

So why are we using this poor card? Aren't we trying to be the very best, like no one ever was? The answer is very simple, just one card:

One single card that can 1. boost your airbourne creature's attack 2. helps them bypass shield 3. prevents targeting from opponent. Can you find another card that serves more purpose and fills up so many weakness in every aspect? NO YOU CAN'T. With the boost of Adrenaline and Shard of Freedom, a single Firefly can do up to 20 unstoppable damage per turn. That's twice as much as a dragon!

Play style

Damsels and SoFree are the first priority to play. Although Firefly is your main attacker and this is quite a rushy deck, you want to protect your Fireflies by playing SoFree first. Always reserve Adrenaline on Fireflies, unless you can win the game by Adrenaline'ing your Damsels.

Best against

Although SoFree can provide exponential growth on attack/turn, the combo is a drawback to bring the tempo back on curve. With this reason this deck is best against 100HP opponents.

Why you should use this deck
  • SoFree is OP
  • SoFree is OP
  • SoFree is OP
What beats this deck easily
  • Reverse Time, just like any other combo decks
  • Quanta denial: This deck is quite tight on quanta generation
  • Lots of CC/PC: They can just destroy and kill everything

Spoiler for Card Idea of the Month:

This card idea of the Month was written by kirbylover314

To honor Darkness’s victory in War 9, Treldon’s Draw! was chosen as the Card Idea of the Month, not only for its element, but also its elegance and practicality. In true Darkness style, it can put you ahead of the opponent by being draw power, mill, or hand denial.

Combined with Shard of Bravery, it can be a powerful mill card, forcing your opponent to deck out before you do. However, when combined with Nightmare and Silence, you can deny your opponent from playing any cards at all, while unpreventable damage to them over and over. Draw! can also ramp up damage or card advantage during turns where you wouldn’t play cards anyways, for example, in SNbows or Mono Darkness.

Here are some examples of the multiple ways one could use Draw! (Note that Relics replace Draw!):
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for deck code:
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rp 6rp 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 6u5 713 713 74f 74f 752 77g 77g 7ah 7dm 7dq 7gm 7ju 7n8 7n8 80g 8pj

In addition to the previously stated card advantage, the combo nature of this deck (Discord + Black Hole/Shard of Focus and Wings + Flesh Recluse/Phase Recluse) can sometimes fail on you without the ability to draw. At the cost of 4 :darkness , you could find the one card to seal a match, as well as gain two other helpful cards.

Spoiler for deck code:
6rp 6rp 6rp 6rp 6rp 6rp 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7t8 7t8 7tb 7tb 7tc 7tc 7tc 7tc 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 7um 8po

Here, you have 12 cards that can force your opponent to draw 3 cards at a time. Anything that gets played would be killed by the abundance of Creature Control, while Vampire Dagger and Improved Dusk would help stall.

While Draw! has its many uses, it is important to plan well, as silencing yourself or letting your opponent draw could be detrimental at times, but that's part of the beauty of this card: It looks simple, but opens up many complex possibilities in game.

Spoiler for New Members:

Spoiler for Thank yous:
Many thanks to:
-Vineroz for Deck idea of the Month.
-kirbylover314 for Card idea of the Month.
-Silver Emerald for Weekly Tournaments section.
-Zawadx for script for Comic Idea
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 06:01:19 pm by Krzysiekxd »

Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221897#msg1221897
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 05:28:58 pm »
EDIT: (Note: this only refers to leaving staff position, I don't leave the forums).

Yes, this is 'my' 18th and the last Newsletter. They were actually not only my Newsletters, but they were made together with my fellow Newsletter writer theelkspeaks and recently with second NL writer Discord. Heh, actually I should have left this position some months ago, this is why Discord has been hired. But it was difficult to resign ;) Unfortunately, RL is calling me + well... I'm not really interested in the game any more and in forum events so I feel it is useless to be on the position which is connected with reporting the life of this community. It is time for me to retire as Newsletter Writer.

To be honest, I have never felt like Newsletter writer, I was rather Newsletter designer than writer. I hope you liked the look of that 18 Newsletters. The only section I wrote were Weekly Tournaments, but I always needed someone for proofreading, and in this Newsletter this section was made entirely by Silver Emerald. Really +reps for him :)

In this place I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to my fellow Newsletter writers theelkspeaks and Discord

as well as to every single person who helped me in making Newsletters. I don't want to omit anyone so I won't provide any list of names. Thank you all a lot!

It was a big pleasure to work with you all and it was fun to make Newsletters!

PS. I ask admins to immediately take away my staff title. I don't want to have an access to staff board anymore. But if it is possible I would like to keep the unlimited inbox/outbox (if there is any limit for regular members).

PS2.
Spoiler for For posterity and my own sentiment:

PS 3.
Spoiler for My competition submission:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:00:03 am by Krzysiekxd »

Offline Solaris

• Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221898#msg1221898
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 05:31:10 pm »
Thank you for everything you've done, Krzy! May your life be filled with positivity, and may the :light never go away :)

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221903#msg1221903
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 05:57:15 pm »
We'll be sad to see you go! Take care, and thanks for all you've done!

Also, awesome newsletter/comic. :darkness!
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221904#msg1221904
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 06:00:04 pm »
Great newsletter. Thanks for all your hard work, Krzy. It has been truly appreciated, and the community is better than it was before you had this position because of you and your efforts.

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221905#msg1221905
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 06:01:38 pm »
Horned frog is 3/3

Offline Solaris

• Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221906#msg1221906
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 06:04:11 pm »
Horned frog is 3/3
Additionally, Reverse Time isn't much of a problem if you wait until you have 4 SoFree to pop adrenaline. Otherwise, nice Newsletter.

Offline Lunaris

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • "I can bear any pain as long as it has meaning."
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221909#msg1221909
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 06:13:43 pm »
Thanks for everything you've done, Krzy! Good luck with everything IRL, and I hope everything works out well for you.
Team F.R.O.G.S | Brawl #6
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!
:entropy ~AbomiNation~ :entropy

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221922#msg1221922
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 06:44:34 pm »
It's good to see so many people here :)
You will be missed Krzysiek, may your journey be filled with  :light and , and I'd like to take this time to thank you for all you've done for us <3
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Silver Emerald

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221936#msg1221936
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 08:51:40 pm »
Fare well, Krzy. Thanks for your work, which we will remember fondly.

May peace and :light be with you always.
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2016 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61101.msg1221939#msg1221939
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 09:05:18 pm »
I was afraid that this time was coming, but it really happened now. I'm sad to see you go, Krzy.

Be sure to visit us sometimes!
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

blarg: russianspy1234,Willng3,mathman101,Aves,Iancudorinmarian,Submachine,Silver Emerald,Timdood3,skyironword,Kuroaitou,worldwideweb3,Discord,Ilikepieyay,smoshea88@hotmail.com,bert1432,GrimCreeper44,Klatu,Trent01,ghadron,Stoffi6,tspiezzo,kent2713,SkyStruck,sharpeye410,kicks703,Trippy Jay,Nash,Bahamut16,TavernZack,West warrior,Lost Me,Maltoy,yug gupta,parrhesia2,Alpha_14,Geezues,Eternity,daniel,Anastasia,Avalanga,worm1337,ivenotonevil,The Wizard of Oz,sharmila.singh,vincentlag,shellopello,RainbowDash,ultrasplot,akboy330,paim53,lilacdesert,xyrensis,Boredumb01,Mayonaka,tj_1976,Andre,Gilliaren,Nubatama,pirom,MisterPear,n0huart,W. D. Gaster,petreius,Indestructoyed,teesha8749,Sami,Xeronith,Dabearxx1,kjdcbdskv,laola,Rhyne,baconater,jumjumlp,mettas,randomperson123,Misabela,varriorar,Greywind333,Zawadx,Vineroz,Treldon,kirbylover314,theelkspeaks