*Author

Offline CalambarTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • https://www.elfdict.com/w/calambar
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178027#msg1178027
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:51:18 am »
Spoiler for February NL 2015:
February 2015
WAR #8 IS OVER!
BRAWL #4 IS COMING!
NEW COUNCIL AND NEW FEEDBACK MENAGER!

• War has finally come to a close!  Aether's reign of the forums came to a close, as hainkarga's band was slowly drained away.  Not long after, SpikeSpiegel's squad ran out of time in their bid to become champions, finishing in third place.  Finally, RootRanger and his fiery squad toppled Odii Odsen's legions of darkness, and once again the forum is reigned by Fire.  Congratulations to our newest champions.

• The PVP World Championship is underway, and the field has been narrowed to 16.  Already, we've had several shocking eliminations, including Calindu and Odii Odsen.  Trashduke followed up his qualifications performance with a 4-1 record in his group and 14 total wins, including sweeps of both Jen-i and Calindu.  Wow!

• The slog to become the Heir of the False Gods continues, and mrpaper leads the pack.  As players fall off by the ones and twos, we'll see who survives long enough to become the king!

• From the designer who brought you Sacrifice, a new event is in development.  RootRanger is currently preparing for a Doctor Who themed PVP Event called Trenzalore.  Good luck to all who participate!

• Forum Brawl 4 is taking applications!  With our new set of bosses consisting of Annele, Captain Scibra, ddevans96, dawn to dusk, Fippe94, and Vangelios, members can apply to compete in a variety of roles as part of a team. Before joining, make sure to read rules. Good luck to all!

• The first tournament of the year, January 3rd's Good Intentions - Unupgraded, was canceled and postponed to the next day. This delay enabled the tournament to be played, even though only ten people competed. The worthy winner of that tourney was Master of Fire Vangelios, who was not satisfied with the rules about shards. He admitted that even though this tourney had few competitors, it was not a piece of cake.   The most dangerous opponent turned out to be DANIEELA. Congratulations to the winner!

• Heart of the Swarm - Unupgraded, which took place on the 10th of January, was won by DANIEELA, who received her last trophy nearly one year ago, which was also in January. She admitted that it is strange, but she feels that she wins when she does not feel properly prepared, while she is out on the first round when she believes that her decks are strong. (So, maybe being less prepared and relying more on your instincts may serve you well, DANIEELA?) How did she win her third tournament? She predicted that most players will go with rushes in the first game, so she chose the fastest rush using neither PC nor CC. Also the second deck was a hard counter for most decks, especially for Devtal. So the tournament motto could be the faster the better. Congratulations DANIEELA and we wish you luck in winning tourneys more often than only once a year! :)

• Trashduke could really feel Proud Like A God, when he won that upgraded cards tournament on the 17th of January. This was the first time he has won a Weekly Tournament.  He said "it felt really good and it was certainly one of the goals that I've had in this game/forum for a while." He added that he really liked the speed of upped tournaments, and even though the rules were strict, there were many possibilities to choose from which made meta interesting. All in all, he concluded that the RNG was on his side.  Hmm ... maybe he meant God? ^^ Congratulations!  We hope this was the first of many tournament wins for you. :)

• PvP veteran Odii Odsen won Symmetricity - Unupgraded, which was featured on the 24th of January. When asked if he plans to win more WT trophies than League trophies this year, he unexpectedly responded that this was his last tourney for 2015. :( "I speedbuilt all my decks because I actually didn't want to participate. I joined the tourney room a bit late and was actually just checking if Vangelios was online. We had a WC match. Suddenly I was in the brackets and decided to play that tourney. Probably I was a bit lucky. On the other hand I love speedbuilding." He also shared with us some very sad news:  "You can write in the NL that I will either leave the community + the game or I will make at least a very long break. It was really a very nice time with you guys. Good luck to all <3." Odii, good luck in your real life, we will be waiting for you!

• January 31st's Quantum Index - Unupgraded, was a tournament which required a lot of math. It was won by a guy who certainly knows his mathematics:  mathman101(it can't be a coincidence ;)). He enjoyed playing in the tourney, saying, "it was nice to see how the difference in QI could change decks drawing and playing style." He admitted that the tournament required "lots of extra work, double checking decks and calculations for the QI, then going back and rechecking calculations and balance of each deck." Finally, he added that without a doubt, "the extra work and effort put into this tourney was well worth the end result!" Congratulations on getting your first WT trophy this year and your second one in general! Good luck in future tournaments!

• Championship League: One month into the new season, xn0ize is holding a lead in pursuit of defending his title, but far less dominantly than before, with an 11-6 record and a score of 1531.  His closest challenger is worldwideweb3, who sits just 2 points behind with a score of 1529 out of a 7-5 record.  It looks like this season will be a very tight race!

• Battle League: Newcomer Puff has taken a very strong start with a 12-3 record and a score of 1575! Wow!  She is most closely chased by the still unbeaten Vangelios, whose 5-0 record puts him at 1548.  Worldwideweb3, flyingcat, and DANIEELA round out the top 5 for now, but with two months to play, this season is anybody's game.

• Elements Mafia 44, hosted by qwerter, came to an end as a scum win!  Congrats to the scumteam of eljoemo, Kuroaitou, RootRanger, Submachine, and Dm!

• Elements Mafia 45 is being co-hosted by CrocketRocket and Dm with a Hunger Games theme.  May fortune be ever in your favor.

• Elements Hangman has become the hottest game on the forum, racking up an incredible 67 pages in just 3 weeks.  Tune in to see the fun of playing hangman with your :life.

• Congratulations to the new Feedback Manager, Treldon!  We have faith you'll do an amazing job!

• New Tournament Organizers and Competition Organizers are likely to be hired soon.  Stay tuned if you're interested!

Tea Time with Giants:Zawadx

Below is the portion of an interview:

Which starting deck did you choose, and do you still associate yourself with it?

My starting element was Aether, mainly because I loved how Aether as an element could bend the rules of the game through Immortality, Dim Shield, Psion etc. I've always loved bending the rules in real life. I also love how Aether represents the realm of Imagination, which is something quite dear to me. Game-wise, Aether is seriously strong. My first few grinders all used a significant aether component as it gave common upgrades (RoL/Hope, Psiontal). So yes, I still associate myself with Aether and will probably be Trialing for it as long as I can.

You are relatively new member, you registered to the forum on the 9th of December 2013. Your forum career is fast though. You are currently Tournament Organizer, Trial Overseer, Competition Organizer and newly elected member of the 9th Council. How did you get all of that within just one year?

Well, it was mostly enthusiasm I suppose. Trial Overseer was a position which I'd always wanted; the process of a normal member becoming the Master of an element seems amazing to me. So when applications opened up for Trials Overseer (fun fact: I always mistype Trials and Trails :P) I wrote an extremely detailed application detailing my plans for Trials. The then council almost unanimously appointed me, and you can see that plan has come to frution in the 8th Trials ;)

The other staff positions were simply jobs which i felt I could do well, and volunteered for. I do have some experience in Competitions and Council from another forum. I hope I have been meeting the expectations for there tasks :)

You seem to be the kind of guy that sticks to one avatar - or at least it hasn't been changed for a long time.  To an uninitiated eye, it appears to be a blue fire. Can you explain why you chose it and what it represents?

Find this answer and more in Interviewee's official interview

New Members

Spoiler for Introduction posts:

Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board. Just click a certain name to be redirected to corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to new comers ;)

Comic summarizing War #8! Enjoy!

Below is only an excert of a comic, please click "LINK TO A FULL COMIC" under an excerpt.

Spoiler for An excerpt of a comic:

LINK TO A FULL COMIC

Pendulum Berserker by ZBlader

This deck review was written by dark ripper
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 8pp

The deck featured this month was made by ZBlader.

Card by card:

Mark Of Water: WIth the key card of the deck being Nymph's Tears, the mark needs to match the element of the card to fuel it faster. So, wadur.

Poison: Cheap and immediate damage to the opponent, makes the damage output a tad faster.

Nymph's Tears: The key card of the deck. You can choose which pendulum to pick according to each match. Fire pendulums will give red nymphs, thus strong CC or buff if needed and death pendulums will give grey nymphs, durable-high attack creatures with cheap CC.

Death Pendulum: Nothing much to say here, fueling needed quanta for poison and for the nymphs.

Fire Pendulum: Same goes here. Fueling water and fire qunta for NT, deflag and after the creation of red nymph, fueling its ability.

Deflagration: Permanent Control. You dun want dem shields holding you back.

Strategy:

Control based deck. You need quick quanta production and a couple of nymphs in the first ~5 turns. From that moment, it all depends on your opponent's deck and your priorities. Cast poison as soon as you draw-can afford it for maximum damage output. Watch out for your deflagration usage cause you cant use it forever. Also, care your quanta.

Strengths:

Its a heavily CC based deck. If a creature based deck cant outrush you, then you will be able to kill it and finish the game. It overwhelms decks without any CC as long as you can produce nymphs quickly enough. Having high-hp creatures it can beat some stalls as well.

~Its very fun~

Weaknesses:

Well, it certainly has weaknesses. You need a fat quanta start to be able to control the game, if you dont get one you can be outrushed quite easily. Thus, being a trio deck, any form of quanta distruption affects negatively the effect of the deck. Early Discord or BH can destroy you. Several stalls which possess healing will outlast you. Mass CC decks could be a problem too.

You should definately give it a go and most of all, have fun!

Before telling you its uses, I'm going to tell you that you can't use it on your opponent's creature. Sorry. You have to sacrifice things from yourself, not from others.

Let's start with a simple idea: Sacrificial altar+Bonewall. Quite fun, right? Unfortunately, you need a lot of creatures for this, so let's use some cats and boneyards as well. You just got yourself at least 2 death effects a turn by using the cats ability and sacrificing the skeleton.

Now then, I just showed you how to benefit from the death effects that this card generates. Maybe you didn't notice or you simply didn't care about this effect, but for every creature you sacrifice with this, you get 2*ATK+HP of the sacrificed creature. Still no idea where I'm trying to get to? Ok then, I'll just tell you: You can use this in a gravity deck. Just switch your mark to death and use a few of these altars. You need fast healing? Just sacrifice that armagio, dragon or even that SoFo. This synergies well with acceleration too. You just wait for a creature to become very powerful and if it's close to dying or you suspect it might be killed or you simply need that healing to stay alive, just sacrifice it! You'll get lots of HP, because the altar benefits from the ATK more that it benefits from the HP.

If you're still not convinced you have any uses for this card, the we'll have to wait for it to be added and let you test it yourself ;)

Puzzle of the Month

Elements Logic Grid Puzzle

Basic instructions:  place an O in each square which represents what you determine to be true, and an X in each square which you determine to be untrue.  (Remember to pay attention to how the clues are worded.)

Four friends duel against each other often and consider themselves rather comparable in their Elements' gaming ability.  They each have a different favorite element (one's favorite is Aether).
     Fortunately, an Elements convention came to their town, which included a major tournament.  Of course they were going; each one bragging how they would place higher than their friends.   They were so exuberant, that when one mentioned placing a wager to prove their confidence, they each decided to gamble on chores which they hate to do.  The gamble wasn't to be a matter of if they would win, but doing the particular chore that they wagered, for each person who placed higher than themselves.
     When they arrived at the convention and discovered that they had a couple of hours to spare before the tournament was to start, they visited several booths.  Though they had limited money, each person purchased a different souvenir (one bought a Pennet), representing their favorite element, to remind them of this glorious day.
     As luck would have it, they each won all of their matches until the finals, never having competed against each other prior to that.  Moreover, they ended up winning the top four places.  They were so ecstatic about that fact alone, that when it came time to perform the wagered chores for their friends, they did them happily.

Determine each person's favorite suit, the chore they wagered, the souvenir they bought, and where they placed in the tournament.

1.  Christy placed immediately higher than the one who favored fire, and the one who purchased a mug placed somewhere higher than the one who wagered mowing grass (four people are mentioned here).
2.  The person who purchased the magnet (who is not Paul), placed somewhere lower than Joe, who placed somewhere lower than than the one who wagered trimming the hedges.
3.  Three of the friends are the one who placed 4th, the one who wagered washing dishes, and the one who favored entropy (who did not purchase the t-shirt).
4.  Both the one who favored light and the one who wagered cleaning the bathroom (who did not purchase the t-shirt) weren't Joe.
5.  Paul neither purchased the mug nor wagered trimming the hedges.
6.  The 2nd place person did not wager an inside chore.

Spoiler for help in solving:
Instructions:  place an O in each square which represents what you know to be true, and an X in each square which you know to be untrue.

Example:

On Christmas, three siblings each received a toy animal and were allowed to have the dessert of their choice.  Determine who received which animal and which dessert.

1.  No one received the toy or the dessert that started with the same letter as their name.
2.  The three children are Carl, the one who received the dog, and the one who ate the pie.

By #1, you know that Carl did not receive the cat or the cake, that Doug did not receive the dog, and that Pam did not receive the panda, the pastry, or the pie.  So place Xs in those squares.

By #2, you know that Carl received neither the dog nor the pie, and the person who received the dog did not receive the pie.  Place Xs in those three squares.

Looking at Carl's row, you now see two sets of two Xs, so you know that the remaining squares are Os.  Place them there.  Having placed Os on panda and pastry, you know to X the remaining squares on those columns, in the names section.  Because Carl received both the panda and the pastry, remember to put the O in the panda / pastry square.  Then put Xs in the remaining two squares in both that column and that row.

Continue using that same logic and you can fill in the extra squares.

Checking a fully filled grid, the answer translates to:

Carl, Panda, Pastry
Doug, Cat, Pie
Pam, Dog, Cake

Spoiler for help in getting an answer to me:
Spoiler for if you have no idea of how send an answer to me, here are instructions on how to pm a picture to me:
After scanning a hard copy or using paint to save the picture in your computer, upload the picture to the internet.  Different sites can be used, but here are a few options:  imgur.com, photobucket.com, and tinypic.com.  Once it is uploaded, on another page, click to open a pm to me.  Then copy the link where you uploaded the picture, to that pm.  At the end of the link, make sure that it has a “.png” at the end of it (you can type it in).  If you prefer, you can use “.jpg” or “.gif” instead, but do not forget to add the period before the three letters.  Now highlight that line and click “insert image.”  (This is the [Mona Lisa] picture, which is located above the smilies.)  When clicked, it will insert two sets of brackets with img on either side of the link you highlighted.  Now preview your pm to see if the picture shows.  If it does not, then recheck.  When ready, click send.

Spoiler for if you prefer to just type your answers:

Referring back to the example, the answer would be:

Carl, Panda, Pastry
Doug, Cat, Pie
Pam, Dog, Cake

Spoiler for reference of the example answer's picture:

If you would like to send in an answer and are still confused or have difficulties doing so, you are welcome to pm me, and I will try to help.  I would much prefer a pm to someone's disappointment that they can not accomplish such a task. ;)  This goes for all my puzzles.

If you solve this puzzle and send the answers via pm to J617 by the deadline, your name will be listed in next month's Newsletter.

The countdown has concluded.

Last month's Elements Snaking Word Find solution:

Spoiler for the solution and the list of names who sent in the answer to J617:

Unused letters rearranged spell VIRUS

Congratulations to all who sent in the solution to last month's Elements Snaking Word Find puzzle. :)

CuCN
mathman101
Malignant
UTAlan
Aknelo

Many thanks to:
-Zawadx for comic idea and interview
-dark ripper for Deck Idea of the Month
-iancudorinmarian for Card Idea of the Month
-J617 for Puzzle of the Month and a great help with Weekly Tournaments
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:45:07 pm by Krzysiekxd »
nai calambar onnalda ter coivierya

• Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Calambar is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - TaskmasterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178028#msg1178028
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 09:52:06 am »
SMALL VERSION:
Spoiler for February NL 2015 small:
February 2015
WAR #8 IS OVER!
BRAWL #4 IS COMING!
NEW COUNCIL AND NEW FEEDBACK MENAGER!

CONTENTS:

Spoiler for PvP Events:

• War has finally come to a close!  Aether's reign of the forums came to a close, as hainkarga's band was slowly drained away.  Not long after, SpikeSpiegel's squad ran out of time in their bid to become champions, finishing in third place.  Finally, RootRanger and his fiery squad toppled Odii Odsen's legions of darkness, and once again the forum is reigned by Fire.  Congratulations to our newest champions.

• The PVP World Championship is underway, and the field has been narrowed to 16.  Already, we've had several shocking eliminations, including Calindu and Odii Odsen.  Trashduke followed up his qualifications performance with a 4-1 record in his group and 14 total wins, including sweeps of both Jen-i and Calindu.  Wow!

• The slog to become the Heir of the False Gods continues, and mrpaper leads the pack.  As players fall off by the ones and twos, we'll see who survives long enough to become the king!

• From the designer who brought you Sacrifice, a new event is in development.  RootRanger is currently preparing for a Doctor Who themed PVP Event called Trenzalore.  Good luck to all who participate!

Spoiler for Competitions:

• Forum Brawl 4 is taking applications!  With our new set of bosses consisting of Annele, Captain Scibra, ddevans96, dawn to dusk, Fippe94, and Vangelios, members can apply to compete in a variety of roles as part of a team. Before joining, make sure to read rules. Good luck to all!

Spoiler for Weekly Tournaments:

• The first tournament of the year, January 3rd's Good Intentions - Unupgraded, was canceled and postponed to the next day. This delay enabled the tournament to be played, even though only ten people competed. The worthy winner of that tourney was Master of Fire Vangelios, who was not satisfied with the rules about shards. He admitted that even though this tourney had few competitors, it was not a piece of cake.   The most dangerous opponent turned out to be DANIEELA. Congratulations to the winner!

• Heart of the Swarm - Unupgraded, which took place on the 10th of January, was won by DANIEELA, who received her last trophy nearly one year ago, which was also in January. She admitted that it is strange, but she feels that she wins when she does not feel properly prepared, while she is out on the first round when she believes that her decks are strong. (So, maybe being less prepared and relying more on your instincts may serve you well, DANIEELA?) How did she win her third tournament? She predicted that most players will go with rushes in the first game, so she chose the fastest rush using neither PC nor CC. Also the second deck was a hard counter for most decks, especially for Devtal. So the tournament motto could be the faster the better. Congratulations DANIEELA and we wish you luck in winning tourneys more often than only once a year! :)

• Trashduke could really feel Proud Like A God, when he won that upgraded cards tournament on the 17th of January. This was the first time he has won a Weekly Tournament.  He said "it felt really good and it was certainly one of the goals that I've had in this game/forum for a while." He added that he really liked the speed of upped tournaments, and even though the rules were strict, there were many possibilities to choose from which made meta interesting. All in all, he concluded that the RNG was on his side.  Hmm ... maybe he meant God? ^^ Congratulations!  We hope this was the first of many tournament wins for you. :)

• PvP veteran Odii Odsen won Symmetricity - Unupgraded, which was featured on the 24th of January. When asked if he plans to win more WT trophies than League trophies this year, he unexpectedly responded that this was his last tourney for 2015. :( "I speedbuilt all my decks because I actually didn't want to participate. I joined the tourney room a bit late and was actually just checking if Vangelios was online. We had a WC match. Suddenly I was in the brackets and decided to play that tourney. Probably I was a bit lucky. On the other hand I love speedbuilding." He also shared with us some very sad news:  "You can write in the NL that I will either leave the community + the game or I will make at least a very long break. It was really a very nice time with you guys. Good luck to all <3." Odii, good luck in your real life, we will be waiting for you!

• January 31st's Quantum Index - Unupgraded, was a tournament which required a lot of math. It was won by a guy who certainly knows his mathematics:  mathman101(it can't be a coincidence ;)). He enjoyed playing in the tourney, saying, "it was nice to see how the difference in QI could change decks drawing and playing style." He admitted that the tournament required "lots of extra work, double checking decks and calculations for the QI, then going back and rechecking calculations and balance of each deck." Finally, he added that without a doubt, "the extra work and effort put into this tourney was well worth the end result!" Congratulations on getting your first WT trophy this year and your second one in general! Good luck in future tournaments!

Spoiler for Leagues:

• Championship League: One month into the new season, xn0ize is holding a lead in pursuit of defending his title, but far less dominantly than before, with an 11-6 record and a score of 1531.  His closest challenger is worldwideweb3, who sits just 2 points behind with a score of 1529 out of a 7-5 record.  It looks like this season will be a very tight race!

• Battle League: Newcomer Puff has taken a very strong start with a 12-3 record and a score of 1575! Wow!  She is most closely chased by the still unbeaten Vangelios, whose 5-0 record puts him at 1548.  Worldwideweb3, flyingcat, and DANIEELA round out the top 5 for now, but with two months to play, this season is anybody's game.

Spoiler for Forum Games:

• Elements Mafia 44, hosted by qwerter, came to an end as a scum win!  Congrats to the scumteam of eljoemo, Kuroaitou, RootRanger, Submachine, and Dm!

• Elements Mafia 45 is being co-hosted by CrocketRocket and Dm with a Hunger Games theme.  May fortune be ever in your favor.

• Elements Hangman has become the hottest game on the forum, racking up an incredible 67 pages in just 3 weeks.  Tune in to see the fun of playing hangman with your :life.

Spoiler for Staff Changes:

• Congratulations to the new Feedback Manager, Treldon!  We have faith you'll do an amazing job!

• New Tournament Organizers and Competition Organizers are likely to be hired soon.  Stay tuned if you're interested!

Spoiler for Tea Time with Giants (interview):
Tea Time with Giants:Zawadx

Below is the portion of an interview with Zawadx!

Which starting deck did you choose, and do you still associate yourself with it?

My starting element was Aether, mainly because I loved how Aether as an element could bend the rules of the game through Immortality, Dim Shield, Psion etc. I've always loved bending the rules in real life. I also love how Aether represents the realm of Imagination, which is something quite dear to me. Game-wise, Aether is seriously strong. My first few grinders all used a significant aether component as it gave common upgrades (RoL/Hope, Psiontal). So yes, I still associate myself with Aether and will probably be Trialing for it as long as I can.

You are relatively new member, you registered to the forum on the 9th of December 2013. Your forum career is fast though. You are currently Tournament Organizer, Trial Overseer, Competition Organizer and newly elected member of the 9th Council. How did you get all of that within just one year?

Well, it was mostly enthusiasm I suppose. Trial Overseer was a position which I'd always wanted; the process of a normal member becoming the Master of an element seems amazing to me. So when applications opened up for Trials Overseer (fun fact: I always mistype Trials and Trails :P) I wrote an extremely detailed application detailing my plans for Trials. The then council almost unanimously appointed me, and you can see that plan has come to frution in the 8th Trials ;)

The other staff positions were simply jobs which i felt I could do well, and volunteered for. I do have some experience in Competitions and Council from another forum. I hope I have been meeting the expectations for there tasks :)

You seem to be the kind of guy that sticks to one avatar - or at least it hasn't been changed for a long time.  To an uninitiated eye, it appears to be a blue fire. Can you explain why you chose it and what it represents?

Find this answer and more in Zawadx's official interview

Spoiler for Comic of the Month:

Comic summarizing War #8! Enjoy!

LINK TO A COMIC

Spoiler for Deck Idea of the Month:

Pendulum Berserker by ZBlader

This deck review was written by dark ripper

Spoiler for deck code:
52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 52o 542 542 542 542 542 542 542 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5gi 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 5ig 8pp

The deck featured this month was made by ZBlader.

Card by card:

Mark Of Water: WIth the key card of the deck being Nymph's Tears, the mark needs to match the element of the card to fuel it faster. So, wadur.

Poison: Cheap and immediate damage to the opponent, makes the damage output a tad faster.

Nymph's Tears: The key card of the deck. You can choose which pendulum to pick according to each match. Fire pendulums will give red nymphs, thus strong CC or buff if needed and death pendulums will give grey nymphs, durable-high attack creatures with cheap CC.

Death Pendulum: Nothing much to say here, fueling needed quanta for poison and for the nymphs.

Fire Pendulum: Same goes here. Fueling water and fire qunta for NT, deflag and after the creation of red nymph, fueling its ability.

Deflagration: Permanent Control. You dun want dem shields holding you back.

Strategy:

Control based deck. You need quick quanta production and a couple of nymphs in the first ~5 turns. From that moment, it all depends on your opponent's deck and your priorities. Cast poison as soon as you draw-can afford it for maximum damage output. Watch out for your deflagration usage cause you cant use it forever. Also, care your quanta.

Strengths:

Its a heavily CC based deck. If a creature based deck cant outrush you, then you will be able to kill it and finish the game. It overwhelms decks without any CC as long as you can produce nymphs quickly enough. Having high-hp creatures it can beat some stalls as well.

~Its very fun~

Weaknesses:

Well, it certainly has weaknesses. You need a fat quanta start to be able to control the game, if you dont get one you can be outrushed quite easily. Thus, being a trio deck, any form of quanta distruption affects negatively the effect of the deck. Early Discord or BH can destroy you. Several stalls which possess healing will outlast you. Mass CC decks could be a problem too.

You should definately give it a go and most of all, have fun!

Spoiler for Card Idea of the Month:

Before telling you its uses, I'm going to tell you that you can't use it on your opponent's creature. Sorry. You have to sacrifice things from yourself, not from others.

Let's start with a simple idea: Sacrificial altar+Bonewall. Quite fun, right? Unfortunately, you need a lot of creatures for this, so let's use some cats and boneyards as well. You just got yourself at least 2 death effects a turn by using the cats ability and sacrificing the skeleton.

Now then, I just showed you how to benefit from the death effects that this card generates. Maybe you didn't notice or you simply didn't care about this effect, but for every creature you sacrifice with this, you get 2*ATK+HP of the sacrificed creature. Still no idea where I'm trying to get to? Ok then, I'll just tell you: You can use this in a gravity deck. Just switch your mark to death and use a few of these altars. You need fast healing? Just sacrifice that armagio, dragon or even that SoFo. This synergies well with acceleration too. You just wait for a creature to become very powerful and if it's close to dying or you suspect it might be killed or you simply need that healing to stay alive, just sacrifice it! You'll get lots of HP, because the altar benefits from the ATK more that it benefits from the HP.

If you're still not convinced you have any uses for this card, the we'll have to wait for it to be added and let you test it yourself ;)

Spoiler for Puzzle of the Month:
Puzzle of the Month

Elements Logic Grid Puzzle

Basic instructions:  place an O in each square which represents what you determine to be true, and an X in each square which you determine to be untrue.  (Remember to pay attention to how the clues are worded.)

Four friends duel against each other often and consider themselves rather comparable in their Elements' gaming ability.  They each have a different favorite element (one's favorite is Aether).
     Fortunately, an Elements convention came to their town, which included a major tournament.  Of course they were going; each one bragging how they would place higher than their friends.   They were so exuberant, that when one mentioned placing a wager to prove their confidence, they each decided to gamble on chores which they hate to do.  The gamble wasn't to be a matter of if they would win, but doing the particular chore that they wagered, for each person who placed higher than themselves.
     When they arrived at the convention and discovered that they had a couple of hours to spare before the tournament was to start, they visited several booths.  Though they had limited money, each person purchased a different souvenir (one bought a Pennet), representing their favorite element, to remind them of this glorious day.
     As luck would have it, they each won all of their matches until the finals, never having competed against each other prior to that.  Moreover, they ended up winning the top four places.  They were so ecstatic about that fact alone, that when it came time to perform the wagered chores for their friends, they did them happily.

Determine each person's favorite suit, the chore they wagered, the souvenir they bought, and where they placed in the tournament.

1.  Christy placed immediately higher than the one who favored fire, and the one who purchased a mug placed somewhere higher than the one who wagered mowing grass (four people are mentioned here).
2.  The person who purchased the magnet (who is not Paul), placed somewhere lower than Joe, who placed somewhere lower than than the one who wagered trimming the hedges.
3.  Three of the friends are the one who placed 4th, the one who wagered washing dishes, and the one who favored entropy (who did not purchase the t-shirt).
4.  Both the one who favored light and the one who wagered cleaning the bathroom (who did not purchase the t-shirt) weren't Joe.
5.  Paul neither purchased the mug nor wagered trimming the hedges.
6.  The 2nd place person did not wager an inside chore.

Spoiler for help in solving:
Instructions:  place an O in each square which represents what you know to be true, and an X in each square which you know to be untrue.

Example:

On Christmas, three siblings each received a toy animal and were allowed to have the dessert of their choice.  Determine who received which animal and which dessert.

1.  No one received the toy or the dessert that started with the same letter as their name.
2.  The three children are Carl, the one who received the dog, and the one who ate the pie.

By #1, you know that Carl did not receive the cat or the cake, that Doug did not receive the dog, and that Pam did not receive the panda, the pastry, or the pie.  So place Xs in those squares.

By #2, you know that Carl received neither the dog nor the pie, and the person who received the dog did not receive the pie.  Place Xs in those three squares.

Looking at Carl's row, you now see two sets of two Xs, so you know that the remaining squares are Os.  Place them there.  Having placed Os on panda and pastry, you know to X the remaining squares on those columns, in the names section.  Because Carl received both the panda and the pastry, remember to put the O in the panda / pastry square.  Then put Xs in the remaining two squares in both that column and that row.

Continue using that same logic and you can fill in the extra squares.

Checking a fully filled grid, the answer translates to:

Carl, Panda, Pastry
Doug, Cat, Pie
Pam, Dog, Cake

Spoiler for help in getting an answer to me:
Spoiler for if you have no idea of how send an answer to me, here are instructions on how to pm a picture to me:
After scanning a hard copy or using paint to save the picture in your computer, upload the picture to the internet.  Different sites can be used, but here are a few options:  imgur.com, photobucket.com, and tinypic.com.  Once it is uploaded, on another page, click to open a pm to me.  Then copy the link where you uploaded the picture, to that pm.  At the end of the link, make sure that it has a “.png” at the end of it (you can type it in).  If you prefer, you can use “.jpg” or “.gif” instead, but do not forget to add the period before the three letters.  Now highlight that line and click “insert image.”  (This is the [Mona Lisa] picture, which is located above the smilies.)  When clicked, it will insert two sets of brackets with img on either side of the link you highlighted.  Now preview your pm to see if the picture shows.  If it does not, then recheck.  When ready, click send.

Spoiler for if you prefer to just type your answers:

Referring back to the example, the answer would be:

Carl, Panda, Pastry
Doug, Cat, Pie
Pam, Dog, Cake

Spoiler for reference of the example answer's picture:

If you would like to send in an answer and are still confused or have difficulties doing so, you are welcome to pm me, and I will try to help.  I would much prefer a pm to someone's disappointment that they can not accomplish such a task. ;)  This goes for all my puzzles.

If you solve this puzzle and send the answers via pm to J617 by the deadline, your name will be listed in next month's Newsletter.

The countdown has concluded.

Last month's Elements Snaking Word Find solution:

Spoiler for the solution and the list of names who sent in the answer to J617:

Unused letters rearranged spell VIRUS

Congratulations to all who sent in the solution to last month's Elements Snaking Word Find puzzle. :)

CuCN
mathman101
Malignant
UTAlan
Aknelo

Spoiler for New Members:

Spoiler for Thank yous:
Many thanks to:
-Zawadx for comic idea and interview
-dark ripper for Deck Idea of the Month
-iancudorinmarian for Card Idea of the Month
-J617 for Puzzle of the Month and a great help with Weekly Tournaments
-all readers for reading ;)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:45:26 pm by Krzysiekxd »

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178105#msg1178105
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 08:20:00 pm »
Thanks for doing this!
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178107#msg1178107
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:25:15 pm »
Great work!
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178123#msg1178123
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »
6.  The 2rd place person did not wager an inside chore.
This time within a quote

I did not say that I did not manage to do the puzzle or needed help;
I said that I saw a typo that could have come from 2 different things.

You just said that it should have been '2nd', answering my question.

In order to clean this thread up I'll now delete my previous comments.
be quick- time is quanta.

Offline J617

• Reputation Power: 3
  • J617 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178127#msg1178127
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 11:01:39 pm »
I am sorry; I see what you meant.  It is 2nd (second).  I will notify Krzys to correct it.

I also removed posts to clean up the thread.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:38:30 pm by J617 »

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178147#msg1178147
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 01:11:03 am »
War 8 is over and only this :(

War 8 is over and fire have your 3rd war after a long time when Napalm won in War 3, now Fire together with Aether are the great winners of Wars.
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178175#msg1178175
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 05:46:50 am »

War 8 is over and fire have your 3rd war after a long time when Napalm won in War 3, now Fire together with Aether are the great winners of Wars.
Would have liked a bit more story on war though the comic did a good job except I was disapointed to only see Root and not the team... Maybe next month we could have team fire celebrations in comics :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:13:51 pm by mrpaper »

Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178304#msg1178304
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 11:17:55 pm »

Would have liked a bit more story on war though the comic did a good job except I was disapointed to only see Root and not the team... Maybe next month we could have team fire celebrations in comics :)

First of all it was Zawadx's script, secondly believe me, I'm not professional and making that comic took me much time (it was too long anyway). I simply wouldn't have met the deadline if I had decided to draw each guy. I'm sorry you're disappointed. If you want to peform in the next comic you have a chance as I don't have a comic idea yet (and I really need it!). But please, not related to War #8 anymore.

Offline mrpaper

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.mrpaper is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerHeir of the False GodsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWar #7 Winner - Team AetherThe 2nd Avatar - Winner of the PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupChampionship League 1/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 3rd PlaceBeginners League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178329#msg1178329
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 02:10:31 am »

First of all it was Zawadx's script, secondly believe me, I'm not professional and making that comic took me much time (it was too long anyway). I simply wouldn't have met the deadline if I had decided to draw each guy. I'm sorry you're disappointed. If you want to peform in the next comic you have a chance as I don't have a comic idea yet (and I really need it!). But please, not related to War #8 anymore.
NP... I appreciate youre work A LOT... Was just a fantasy to sée myself been drawed... Maybe one day!  And I let stories to those who are good at it!

Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178524#msg1178524
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 09:34:02 pm »
I need 2 guys, one who would be willing to write Card Idea of the Month and second one for Deck Idea of the Month for March Newsletter. Anyone interested please contact me :)

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community Newsletter: February 2015 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57504.msg1178605#msg1178605
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 04:23:16 pm »
I forgot to mention what a beautiful job you did with this newspaper, thanks!
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

anything
blarg: Vangelios,DANIEELA,Trashduke,Odii Odsen,mathman101,Treldon,SpikeSpiegel,majofa,Naesala,Skotadi Phobos,Chapuz,worldwideweb3,Zawadx,theelkspeaks,Veasna11,tywin29,Platformz,agdhar,Kirika,Starkid5309,PhoenixOfShadows,Arsinik,firaro,metaban,xBeelzebubx,Athadeus,vj87,mogv,AverageGreg,manatu,Laluminosa,88.m3,Alpha14,DontGetShiesty,xray54,deadspace654,Rustle,jack196,benoit,simikolon,kaninown3s,420swagg,klapklap980,zagguth,cheva1,BogoNasty,DarkYuan,Arian,Riarch,Elorf,Maybe,jooe15,Defrox,LadybugsTX,andre1011,fuchsia,Sirbuskus,godsonrowan,Dgagernaut,The_Jollylaffel,draz,Ireyon,gEMx,LimitedAims,Unplugged,bommer29,BurningDrago,KingBones,daktrix,scavacadoes,endcycle,hyog,samiel_1582,Derkis,Amarilis,The Gr8t Cre8tor,ZBlader,dark ripper,OdinVanguard,iancudorinmarian,CuCN,Malignant,UTAlan,Aknelo,J617,Amashi