*Author

Offline MasterWalksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1286555#msg1286555
« on: March 01, 2019, 08:32:10 am »
Spoiler for March NL 2019:
March 2019
The Forum needs YOUR help! Details down below.
Table Of Contents:
PvP Events                         Competitions
Weekly Tournaments           Leagues
Forum Games                     All Over the Place
Staff Changes                     New Members
                     FCM Interview

• Round 7 has finished! Time is still in the lead, with 340 cards still in their vault. Darkness has taken 2nd place, pushing Light all the way down to 6th. Taking their place is Aether! Will Time remain at the very top, or will a different team take the lead? Find out more on Dragon Ball Z War #12!

• The first 2 Preliminaries have finished, which means that all of the participants will be split into 4 different groups, each with their own set of available elements. Stay tuned to see who will take the title of Elements World Champion!

• Have you ever had a great idea for a new PvP Event? Post your rule sets in the PvP Event Ideas section, and let the PvPEMs know about your great idea so they can provide feedback and potentially run it if possibly.

• The culinary arts of the Elements community is a delicious one. Congratulations to MasterWalks for bringing a delicous Otyugh Wellington to the cookbook. You can see everyone's contributions in the The Elemental Cookbook.

• Members of the community have participated in the The Tower Defense Competition. Vote on the most unique deck that is able to destroy the toughest of enemies, a False God! Votes are not the only thing that can win this competition however, so every vote counts!

• Stay in touch with the competition section by signing up for the Competition Mailing List! It will guarantee you getting notified whenever there's a new competition going, so you can begin right away!

• Kneel at the greatness of Lord Triple III. February 3rd's speedbuilding tournament, Lord Triple III, had players quickly building decks using elements rolled by the Tournament Organizers. Congratulations to kaempfer13 on the triumph!

• It was a feast for the dead at the Decaying Potluck 1 tournament. Players had to get creative with restrictive rules decided by the dice in this upgraded tournament. Congratz to MasterWalks on the win.

• February 17th's tournament, Rock-Flayer-Scissors had players building duo decks that featured a specific card. Congratz to Kalinuial on the undefeated win.

• Hope you brought an antidote to February 23rd's Biovenom: Poison Hazard tournament. This tournament required players to earn upgrades by using poisonous cards. Congratz to Vindilos who took the gold medal.

• Leagues 1/2019 has begun! The season is still early so try to get in quick and rise through the ranks while you still can. Check out the Weekly Featured Rules to give your games a fun twist and make it a challenge.

• Leagues 3/2018 has concluded. The final standing leaderboard had worldwideweb3 in the lead with an amazing 16 wins and 2 losses, league organizer kaempfer13 finished in 2nd place with 13 wins and 5 losses, and phoenix1211 with the 3rd place bronze holding a huge battle count with 24 wins and 8 losses. User immortal feud finished with a massive total of 59 battles winning him the contribution reward.

• If you want to discuss anything exciting going on in leagues, or you want to post specific rules you want others to challenge you with go post some stuff in the General Discussion thread. Additionally don't forget about the weekly featured rules that bring new and exciting forced metas by the League Organizers.

• Nothing new just yet. Have you got any plans or ideas for an interesting forum game? Send them to Forum Game overseer, Linkcat, he will be delighted by whatever you have in mind!

All Over The Place!

• Round 7 has ended, and the results of a supposed prophecy have been revealed. The prophet who wrote it was almost exiled as punishment for his false prophecy, but this was postponed due to a lot of protest and a loophole found in the prophecy.

• Do you have any other idea for what can be featured in here? Feel free to PM us about what you think deserves a special spotlight in the community Newsletter!

• No staffing changes occurred during the month of February. Council has completed its 6th month term they started back in July, so we can be hopeful about a change in faces to help make positive changes for this community.

Tea Time with Manuel

Below is a portion of the interview: Coming Soon!

Q. Lazio or Roma?
A. lazio, roma fans are my worst enemies

Q. What is the best thing you remember yelling at a cloud?
A. i can't repeat it or i would be banned

Q. Do you ever play outside? Do you like kicking the ball around? Would you rather kick the ball around with a kid, or kick the kid around with a ball?
A. Kick the ..........

Find this answer and many more in Manuels full interview

New Members
We had a total of 17 new members join the forums in the month of February:
Spoiler for Introduction posts:
Here are the members who posted in the Introduce Yourself board within the past month. Just click a certain name to be redirected to the corresponding introduction post. Don't be rude, say hello to newcomers! ;)

EMERGENCY!

The forum is in dire need of donations once again! We are currently in debt and owing money to the site keeping us running. Depending on how much you donate, there will be prizes that will be given out. This includes a shiny new icon, a mention in the next Newsletter, and even some Mark/Nymph codes. Click here to donate today.

For this month's Creative Corner, we're introducing a pilot for a series of comic strips drawn by yours truly, Weeby. This particular one stars well known forum members, most of which are currently participating in War. Can you guess who's who?
Spoiler for War Funnies #1: Missing Cannon:
*If you read PvP Events you know how well that turned out...
Spoiler for Other Things:
Spoiler for worldwideweb3:

This was the first design I worked on. Based it off of MCU Thanos because of a little joke I thought of a while back. I gave him an Infinity Gauntlet, which wasn't shown in the comic.
Spoiler for shockcannon:

There wasn't a lot to go off of with his current PFP, so I had to make one myself. The first thing I thought of was Mega Man when I was making it. It makes sense, considering both have arm cannons. Also, a certain shield is incorporated into his design...
Spoiler for dawn to dusk:

Similar case to shockcannon, where I didn't have too much to build off of with his PFP. Based off of the Jacques de Molay, since Crusaders and Light. Probably should have incorporated a bit of Life related things into his design. Might do so once I start color versions of all 12 War Gens+Masters, but don't expect that in a while.
Spoiler for Mr Muffin:

Not really much to be said here, but the tuxedo and all that fits the best for him.
Spoiler for DANIEELA:

This was my first time drawing the full body of a female. It was MasterWalk's idea of making her a goth girl. (Yes, I'm aware this doesn't exactly fit her race. Then again, www3 isn't a globe person in real life...)

Spoiler for Photocredit:

Many thanks to all readers for reading ;)

:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1286625#msg1286625
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 12:42:04 pm »
Woo, liked this NL, on time too! And a comic!!  ;D
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1286644#msg1286644
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 06:11:42 pm »
Good work NLW!
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1287167#msg1287167
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 12:13:50 am »
The NLWs have been working hard to change up the format of the Newsletter, but we'll need your help with a little something this time around!

At 7:30 PST tomorrow, we will be hosting a trial Skribbl.io game. We'll convene in the tourney room for this, but the Discord voice chat is also available for use. We also have a few electrum codes up for grabs for the winner of the game.

We'll allow some artistic freedom for this game, as this will mostly be for gathering feedback and information for a new "Other Games" section of the Newsletter.

Hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:15:40 am by InsignificantWeeaboo »
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1287168#msg1287168
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 12:16:58 am »
I have an unused 5K electrum code, add that to the prize, Weeaboo. :)
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline MasterWalksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1287169#msg1287169
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 12:20:58 am »
small update. the prize will most likely be more than 1k. i had mistakenly forgot which codes i have and havent used so the winner will receive all of them. :sillyspin:
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1287172#msg1287172
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 07:10:33 am »
I like the idea. :)

At 7:30 PST tomorrow, we will be hosting a trial Skribbl.io game.
Did I convert the time correctly?
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190322T0230
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Newsletter Writer
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1287178#msg1287178
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 02:55:51 pm »
According to the converter I used it's 3:30 AM UTC...

that could be an issue
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA

• Newsletter Writer
Re: Elements Community News Letter: March 2019 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66971.msg1287183#msg1287183
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 02:34:01 am »
UPDATE: The game will now be Saturday, around 2-3:30 GMT (7:30 PM PST). Sorry for the sudden change.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 04:32:31 pm by InsignificantWeeaboo »

blarg: InsignificantWeeaboo,MasterWalks,DoubleCapitals,Mr Muffin,Odii Odsen,majofa,ddevans96,RavingRabbid,Naii_The_Baf,Vineroz,rob77dp,CCCombobreaker,andretimpa,Manuel,deuce22,moehrpi,PlayerOa,shockcannon,DANIEELA,Zyardran,kaempfer13,Kalinuial,Vindilos,worldwideweb3,phoenix1211,immortal feud,Linkcat,asdw152,dragonsdemesne,unfofGowl,skinjacekt,Anorous,Scrotis,cyrus1221,MrCrazy11,unique,Slave Lexi,BMagnificent,Saksham Kapoor,Skymatone,Frex,Keidon,heavenley,ECTries1,LividSwan,risingphoenyx,MichealAbifs,Lepeexhaday,Astorricywory