*Author

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Apply for the 2nd Elements Council! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17017.msg219284#msg219284
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2010, 02:36:06 am »
i think that if you are dont comment in council at least once a week you should get kicked
This doesn't make much sense. What happens if a person from the council has to leave for a week or so to deal with real life situations? Should this rule apply to an incredibly active person on the council forums, but doesn't get responses from anyone else in regards to their comments?

I don't think any Council members should be kicked; there needs to be a very important reason for a person to be removed from the council/have a title removed altogether, and being inactive for 1 week out of 12 (where they might be giving out comments and suggestions on a daily basis) shouldn't be a factor.

That said, 18 may be pushing it, but I find that if the council needs more fresh blood, the better. :)
true about the real life thing but its a way to keep people from joining council  for more than just the icon
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Apply for the 2nd Elements Council! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17017.msg219286#msg219286
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2010, 02:39:00 am »
4. Forming the Elements Council
18 Candidates with the most votes will form the Council. Council will discuss suggestions in private. All suggestions will be put on a vote. Scaredgirl will act as the 13th Council Member to break ties to if needed.
You mean 19th?

Scaredgirl

Re: Apply for the 2nd Elements Council! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17017.msg219297#msg219297
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2010, 03:15:42 am »
I think SG's thinking on this is that if there are 18 members, and half are inactive, at least thats still 9 ppl giving good ideas rather than half of 12 (6). I realize that ideally you'd have the 12 best as the chosen, but realistically great people can end up going inactive for reasons outside the game, so having a larger number in the council gives a better chance of having a higher real number (not necessarily percentage of council wise) of active people in it contributing ideas and helping.
This is exactly the reason.

With current Council, after the initial excitement, I would say that roughly half of Council Members stayed active, maybe slightly above in some topics, but even lower than that with others. When I went to see the list of Council Members the other day, I was actually surprised to see one name there, because I couldn't remember this person posting once on the Council section. I didn't even know that this member was a Council Member. One other I knew was a Council Member, but again, I didn't remember one single post that this person had made.

So to those who were concerned that the Council section would somehow be overwhelmed with ideas and posts, I doubt that it will happen. 12 was not enough. Having that extra 6 might help. Sure there's always the possibility of all 18 becoming highly active, but I don't see it as a huge problem. We have a limit in active Council topics to prevent total chaos.

Nume

Re: Apply for the 2nd Elements Council! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17017.msg219308#msg219308
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2010, 03:41:51 am »
true about the real life thing but its a way to keep people from joining council  for more than just the icon
To me, if someone wants to join the council just for the icon, and is able to convince enough people in the community that they'd do a good job, thats their problem. I dont think it hurts to have someone join and do nothing any more than to just have 6 less people join. Sure they get an icon, but does that actually do anything for them if they dont even participate? Its not like they get some reward in game or something. Also, I dont think that people would vote someone in who would intentionally just apply for the icon. They'd have to be someone who is at least somewhat respected by the community to make it in in the first place.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Apply for the 2nd Elements Council! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17017.msg219420#msg219420
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2010, 11:00:33 am »
Date Registered: September 17, 2010, 22:12:18
Local Time: December 07, 2010, 16:23:52
Arg! So close :[
I'd totally try out if it wasn't for the 3+months thing.

Anyway, good luck to all the eligible candidates!
Date Registered: August 24, 2010, 06:58:35 AM
*phew*

I may not have been on the forum for long, but during that time I have been quite active, even if I say so myself :)
Actually kind of forgot about that 3 months rule... o.O

Offline Terroking

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Terroking is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The best practice is experience.
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Earth2nd Trials - Master of Earth1st Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2010 2nd Place9th Tournament 1st PlaceDesign A Quest 1st PlaceSS competition #1 2ndHalfblood Recruiter
Re: Apply for the 2nd Elements Council! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17017.msg219785#msg219785
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2010, 11:13:56 pm »
Not actually going go to apply this time...

I'll admit I wasn't the biggest voice in the last one, but I did post my ideas and vote, just stayed away from topics where I didn't feel I could add anything.

Nevertheless, it'll be fun to see who gets in this time :P
I ask nothing of humanity but fairness in all things, but I do not expect even that.

Offline Wolfunit

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Wolfunit is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Kongregate Chat + Forums Moderator
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Apply for the 2nd Elements Council! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17017.msg221125#msg221125
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2010, 05:53:14 pm »
I don't mind joining :P been 1 from the first few to join this forums from the last forums it had. :D
Hello, If you're a active player on Kongregate and in need of help you can leave a message on my profile which is qazzaq123. :D

javedjee80

Re: Apply for the 2nd Elements Council! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17017.msg221765#msg221765
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2010, 08:50:16 am »
good share. thanks

anything
blarg: