*Author

Offline TribalTroubleTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274149#msg1274149
« on: January 31, 2018, 01:25:52 am »

Applications for 15th Elements Council

Read them all carefully before making your choice

Spoiler for asdw152:

Spoiler for CleanOnion:
Hello
I normally make a joke application to council just because why not. By "normally" I mean one app that was five words and no effort at all, one app that literally specified to not be included in the voting thing, and one app that was literally the whole text from the signup thread but formatted to look like the Spongebob meme, which was current at the time.

That last one didn't come through, because mathman encouraged me to make a more serious application because there weren't many applicants. So I did. And was elected.

And let me tell you, making those joke applications was a complete waste of my time.

This is an actual application.

Council is great. It's a bit late now, but if you're the type for it, I recommend it very much. It's like being Brawlmaster except the Brawl is the whole forum, the other councillors are my beloved colleagues and everyone else is a Brawler. Maybe that's not the best analogy but I feel like that's what I'm most known for. You tell me.

Can't relate to being Brawlmaster? How about this. I like ideas and I like solving problems. Council's got problems to solve and it needs ideas to do that. Guess what? I like both of those things.

If Council has taught me one thing, it's this: I won't be wasting another application on bullshit. So unless you think I'm bullshit, which is totally fine, I'd be thankful for being put high on your voting list.

Spoiler for ddevans96:
Hello,

I've been on five Councils previously (2/3/5/8/10) and held five other staff positions at various times over a period of the last seven years. In that time, I have contributed to several major Council projects and decisions in all areas of the forums, and even while not in Council have advised its members on multiple occasions.

I'm choosing to apply again after so long because there are ideas and plans, both my own and others that I expect to be addressed in the next six months, that I think I can contribute to from a different perspective than most people, and in a strong and positive way. I'll be able to maintain a high level of activity for most of this Council's term.

Thank you for your consideration,

~ddevans

Spoiler for DoctorC:
Hi. We're DoctorC. We do stuff and make things. But we think we can do even more stuff, especially productive kind, that is helpful for the life of forum.

Now, why would you lot pick us over everyone else? Good question.

Well, wasn't that a nice answer?

On a serious note, We're fairly active in the community, we like to do all sorts of different stuff, and, generally speaking, we take a lot of responsibility in our actions, almost always doing our job to the best of our abilities and only conceding if there's a literal disaster going on IRL, which results in a reliant and trustworthy worker. Another excellent quality of ours that will be handy in working in Elements Council is our creativity and unique approach various tasks, whether it includes working with art or people. Lastly, we're really calm in our ways, it is very hard to throw us off of our emotional balance, which, i reckon, would be good for working under pressure. We have a light-hearted sense of humor, and while we do try to joke around most of the times, we do know when to take things seriously.

Still not convinced? Fair enough, we can't appeal to everyone. Or can we?

Spoiler for Hidden:
BEHOLD, THE POWER OF CUTE FOXES!

Still no? Okay, we concede. Have a good one, mate

Spoiler for kaempfer13:
Hello again to everyone reading this!

Unfortunately, I have to admit that I probably failed at achieving the stated goal of my previous application, which was to achieve more transparancy. For the most part what you can see here really is all we did. We can say we did more than previous councils, but I didn't feel like I could give regular updates and if we want to grow as a community hirings alone (other than a new/returning developer) won't do the trick and I can't say I would know what would.
In case you vote for me anyways, I will be available to forward any ideas you might have for possible improvements (which I will discuss and forward even if I don't necessarily agree) and will give input on the majority of topics that come up in Council. I think all I have to offer is activity, perhaps an open mind, decent knowledge of the game and an (occasionally functional) brain. I won't be mad if you vote for someone else.
You can however approach me anytime if you got a question/idea related to the Forum.

Spoiler for Manuel:
zyardan made me do it

i never did nothing for the community, rather than try to save the silver league http://elementscommunity.org/forum/the-arena/silver-league-is-dying/msg1273150/#msg1273150

since i am decent at deckbuilding and in card making, i would really like on trying to revive these sections of the forum, seeing the community reccomended decks not updated anymore really makes me unhappy, same for the fg one; i started visiting the forum for both of them, and i think it was the same for a lot of us

as u can see i really like bring dead things to  :life

Spoiler for mathman101:
Hello Community Members,

I am mathman101 and am applying for a spot on the 15th council. For those of you who recognize my name, and have an idea of what I have done around the community feel free to skip the long boring explanations as you probably have an idea already if you want me in council or not. For those that are newer to the community or don't recognize my name, please sit back and enjoy the ride as I talk about who I am and what I have done for the community.

Relevant Experience and Motivation
I have been a part of council for the past 3 terms and feel that I still have many ideas to help contribute towards improving the forum. I have also had other staff roles such as Warmaster, Tournament Organizer, and Newsletter Writer so I am no stranger to a little hard work, and the various sections of the forum. I also have experience being a team player and that can be shown by my time on previous war and brawl teams, as well as past council terms.

Evidence of Commitment and Activity
I am committed to the forum with a decent activity level and have been around for the past 6 years, so I have seen how the forum has changed over time and can see where the forum could still use improvements. While I may no longer be a student with high activity throughout the entire day, I do still plan to be highly active every evening so that I can be around to listen to the community for helping discussion on issues they feel need to be adjusted.

TL;DR - I am mathman and I have lots to offer for the community and help with the council.

Thanks for your time, and best of luck to all applicants.

--mathman

Spoiler for TribalTrouble:
Hello everyone!

I am TribalTrouble, a passionate and active community member. In addition to the immeasurable time I have spent in the community, I have a year of experience as admin and founder of my own tournament organization.

Last Council term my posts contributed to discussions. My views, suggestions, and random pokes to revive projects kept Council highly active. Thanks to everyone’s strengths coming together, we tackled about twice as many projects as the Council that came before us. Amongst them were Staff Activity Guidelines, PvP Event Manager renaming, and relatively consistent hirings of new staff. Meanwhile, I reached out to specific staff and members of the community for feedback on various topics and reported back to Council with my findings. Any of the 14th Council’s members would be able to vouch for my active, helpful presence.

Enough about the past, let’s talk about the future. There’s a few things that next Council needs to address regardless. First off, I want to work with AntiAverage to unite the whole community in Discord. This would increase both the community’s communication and retention. Secondly, we need a new Social Network Manager and I’d like to give the position more responsibilities. Specifically the responsibility of managing inter-staff communication, which I feel is currently lacking. That way the position will gain an integral role in the community. Finally, I’d like to continue working on Council to ensure that things get done effectively and efficiently.

We have great challenges and opportunities ahead of us, and with your vote, I will ensure we meet them and make this next term even better than our last!

Spoiler for ValerianFlame:
We talked over this in discord, and I'm only applying for 2 reasons
1: You said not a lot of people applied to council
2: GIBE ME MOD PERMS FOR DISCROD

Spoiler for Zyardran:
Hello readers/voters,

15th council term is upon us, and yet another term I hope to be a part of. Apart from being part of previous council terms, I have also been a long time Newsletter Writer and a League Organizer, and continue to grow and mature as the time goes on. This will be my fourth time applying for this position, and it would be my honor to work with other candidates for council to see this community change, improve, and possibly grow. I have been a part of this community for a significant time and have been active since I've joined. I wish to continue to grow and mature with the staff work I take part of, and it would be a privilege to work with the members of this community to make it a better place. As previously mentioned in past applications, I consider myself a good candidate for this position. I am a team player and work well with others who are not afraid to speak their mind, criticize, or change things. Best of luck to all applicants.

Instructions:

- Register with your forum username (or if you already have done so last time just log in)
- You'll get an email with a link that, when clicked, lets you set a password. You can then login and vote. (Note: receiving the mail may take a while.)
- Once you're logged in, just follow instructions.
- For any issue, ask antiaverage & UTAlan.

To submit your votes you have no more time. 15th Council will be announced soon

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:42:52 am by TribalTrouble »

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274158#msg1274158
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 01:13:47 pm »
Dat Asdw app tho. You should probably vote for him or something
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274167#msg1274167
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:58:58 pm »
I already voted, you're on the list, as for asd, well... he has yet to prove to me he actually wants this :P
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274177#msg1274177
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 05:00:36 am »
I already voted, you're on the list, as for asd, well... he has yet to prove to me he actually wants this :P

Why were we not informed that forum had transparent color? xD

Also, yes he does. Shoosh.
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274179#msg1274179
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 02:12:40 pm »

Why were we not informed that forum had transparent color? xD

Also, yes he does. Shoosh.

:) there's a whole topic about it m8, not sure where though.. maybe it got deleted
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274187#msg1274187
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 06:55:25 pm »

• Legendary Member
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274248#msg1274248
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 10:37:28 pm »
We're going into the final 24 hours or so! Last chance to get those votes in ^^

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274256#msg1274256
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 04:42:24 am »

Are you sure that timer is right? I just tried editing my voting and can't edit it. it says that it is already closed.
something....something....something.....

• Legendary Member
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274258#msg1274258
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 05:44:00 am »

Are you sure that timer is right? I just tried editing my voting and can't edit it. it says that it is already closed.
You're right. I set it wrong(off by a day) because I misunderstood the way the forum does time. =/

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: 15th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65693.msg1274339#msg1274339
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 01:25:51 am »
Congrats to the members of the 15th Elements Council!

ddevans96
mathman101
TribalTrouble
Zyardran
CleanOnion
kaempfer13
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

anything
blarg: ddevans96,mathman101,TribalTrouble,Zyardran,CleanOnion,kaempfer13,Amashi