*Author

Offline mathman101Topic starter

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266664#msg1266664
« on: July 29, 2017, 12:30:32 am »

Applications for 14th Elements Council

Read them all carefully before making your choice

Spoiler for CactusKing:
Hey there, it's cactus. I heard you were running low on council members, so here's your plan B! I don't know much about managing forums, but I'm on pretty much every day, and still play elements more than any other game. So if you want me in the council, I'll do my best to fulfill your expectations. If others are better suited to the job then no hard feelings, I'll still be around trying to help where possible.

Spoiler for CleanOnion:
Hi.

This is my application for council.

I'm not gonna use any fancy font colours or even explain why voting for me might be a good idea. But I might make a good council member, maybe.

I been around here a while. I know some stuff. Not all the stuff. Not very much of the stuff, actually. Enough stuff? You decide.

Cheers.

Spoiler for DoctorC:
Greetings, we're DoctorC, and this is our application.

Basically, we're just a pixel-artist, who feel like they can contribute to the big and loving family of ours which we call EtG forums.
We've kinda been here a long time (if you consider a year to be a long time), and we felt like we can do something more than just some threads of derpy pixelart and whatnot.
As you can observe from multiple topics on the forums, we are a quite talented individual. We have a good amount of free time at our hands and a good pile of determination to make everyone's life here a little happier or more exciting. We would be more than happy to do that c:
We wish good luck to all of the applicants.

(Also Anti said to hire us, so we have dibs)

Spoiler for kaempfer13:
Hello everyone!

I am kaempfer13, a very active community member since the start of the previous war.

While I didn't have the opportunity to work in any staff position yet, I have participated in various forum events since (with pretty decent success). Amongst them were team events such as War and Draft, Brawl and Pipeworks 2. Any teammember I've worked with so far should be able to attest that I've consistently given frequent and usefull input. I intend to do the same with Council.

A thing about Council is that beyond appointing new staff members a normal forum user doesn't see them do much. I want more transparency and would give public updates whenever it looks like our discussions are going anywhere if you vote for me (I would however do that in a way that doesn't reveal the individual council members opinions unless they give me permission, which may occasionally make it difficult to sum up our findings)

Thanks for reading and (if applicable) for your vote.

Spoiler for Linkcat:
I'll admit that I'm not as active as I once was. Even so, I believe that I have something to offer as a council member. I want to help make the best decisions for this community, and I am committed to doing so for as long as you'll let me.

Spoiler for mathman101:
Hello Current Council and Community Members,

I would like to apply for one of the 14th Elements Council positions, and state a few of things I have done and can continue to do to help the community.

- I have been in the past a TO, a WM, a 12th and 13th Council member, as well as currently a NLW all of which require attention to deadlines, creativity, and being well organized.This means that creativity, organization and the ability to stick to deadlines are all things I am familiar with and would be assets if I were to be a part of the next council.

-  Participation in both War and in Brawl requires a participant to be a team player and cooperate with others on their team. A Brawl Boss must show leadership as well as be able to handle pressure during round deadlines. I have participated in both of these team events as well as having lead a Brawl team as a Boss. Leadership, cooperation, and attention to listen to others are all things I have shown in these events and would be able to use for the better of council if I were voted into council this term.

-  I have looked through and participated in many different sections of the forum including; participation in multiple forum games, playing multiple PvP Events, submitting entries in the Competitions section, and can bring with me a well rounded member who can aide in multiple areas should the council be needed in them.

- If you question my reliability, maturity, or commitment to this forum in regards to a spot on the council, hopefully any of my previous teammates from events or coworkers from staff positions can attest and reassure you of my abilities.

Thank you for your time, and I wish you the best of luck in making your decision for the 14th council.

--mathman

Spoiler for Naii_the_Baf:
So... I guess I can try applying. Well, I've been a member of this community for a little over 4 years know, and I think I've made a spot for myself somewhere. It's not much, but I prefer having that to anything else. Being a council member is basically maintaining this community strong, which is what I would like to do. It doesn't matter what it is-- but as long as the overall task is achieved, I'll be happy with it. :)

Spoiler for TribalTrouble:
Hey, it's me again! I heard you need some new life breathed into this old council. Well, first, let's start with the furniture.
This needs some serious updating. But don't worry, I'll revive some serious life back into this place! I can't promise anything about the old man though...
So why in the world should you hire this punk who is literally named TribalTrouble?
To start off, I have experience from actually being the head and founder of the King Puff Cup tournament organization that's hosting a sponsored Invitational on August 26th. I built it from the ground up over the past 6-7 months. Over that time period, I've been:
  • Hiring and vetting staff.
  • Discussing various aspects, constantly researching for ways to improve the organization, and implementing them.
  • Keeping things moving. If nothing is being said on an important topic I'll be the one bumping it to ask for feedback.
  • Creating, formatting, editing spreadsheets. For example, I've been keeping this big spreadsheet up to date with Minion Masters data since February 5th. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NPVhOJX1Ei2Wbq3AFbXWA1QgsDPRixgYtRbpjLliAj0/edit?usp=sharing
  • Creating effective surveys and application forms.
  • Gathering feedback in general, including from 3rd parties so I understand everything that can be improved on. (Your own community will appreciate what you have done but will not notice flaws unless something changes like they did with the recent change in tournament ruleset with July 30th's 'Upgraded'. Third parties, however, will see the glaring flaws you take for granted.)
  • Taking, implementing, and improving on the current rules of tournaments in EC.
  • Tournament Organizing overall.
  • Staying active
  • Advertising

I've gained a lot of experience managing multitude of aspects of a tournament organization and community. The PvP Tournament section is just one area that EC can improve in. There's also a number of other aspects I'd like to discuss with the staff in charge of them. I'd like to find out why things are the way they are and then see if we can implement a better solution to solve the same problems the current systems solve, as well as solve a few more that you might not yet see. Near the top of that list would be the less commonly held PvP Events and the PvP World Championship. I believe both could do with some real improvements for the betterment of participants and organizers alike.

For a quick example, it's rather unclear for a newcomer to find out what the World Championship actually is or even what the reward is for doing well in it. This is supposed to be the big event that tourney-goers look forward to, but there's barely any explanation for it even if you go looking in the World Championship section.

If you feel that I'm fit for Council, I'd love to come help out in any way I can. I understand that there are certain limitations to what EC can actually do, as a game without any active development for years does not exactly lend itself well to a thriving community. However, I'm confident that I can help you take EC in the right direction to get there.

Spoiler for Zawadx:
Hi.

Spoiler for Zyardran:
Hello readers/voters,

Yet another council term is coming. And it's the 14th, oh how times change. It never stops amazing me when I think about it.
I've been very active since I joined this community, and I have always helped other staffers out to the best of my abilities as well as taking care of my own duties. I always push myself and others to do and be their very best, and I intend to continue doing so if I make it onto council once more. As a Newsletter Writer and League Organizer, I enjoy working with others that push me to be better at what I do. Due to my high activity, I am available more often than not. As part of previous councils (11th & 12th) I have experience as to what I will be doing. Due to my originally friendly, calm nature, I feel I am a suitable candidate for this job, and would love to see the community flourish past it's current state. Good luck to all who apply.

Instructions:

- Register with your forum username (or if you already have done so last time just log in)
- You'll get an email with a link that, when clicked, lets you set a password. You can then login and vote. (Note: receiving the mail may take a while.)
- Once you're logged in, just follow instructions.
- For any issue, ask UTAlan.

To submit your votes you have no more time. 14th Council will be announced soon
something....something....something.....

• mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266665#msg1266665
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 12:31:14 am »
EDIT: Please allow time for UTAlan to set up voting on the website provided. should be up and ready for voting now.

In the meantime, keep in mind that 8 applicants from those above will be selected for the 14th Elements Council, so take this time to read them carefully.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:01:12 pm by mathman101 »

• I like pet 'thoup!!
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266758#msg1266758
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 05:34:56 am »
Bump.

Don't forget to vote for your next council team, about 2.5 days left to get those votes in!

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266761#msg1266761
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 08:22:26 am »
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/spex/webapps/elements_community/tools/auth.php on line 4

Doesn't seem to change anything, but worth noting

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266762#msg1266762
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:06:14 am »
Same error causes it to not work in IE11. Nobody should be using IE, though, and I'll just do it on a vaguely capable computer later on. Just wanted to make the report

Also, can't drag the boxes on mobile Chrome. Same solution

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266776#msg1266776
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 04:45:09 pm »
Just over a day to vote for council! I'm anxious to get in there.  :)

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266809#msg1266809
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 09:52:06 am »
looks like uta actually left the vote up for a day longer; I guess he will tactically wait until new generals are announced until I finally see whether I am in or nah
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266811#msg1266811
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 10:55:00 am »
That was my bad. I forgot to ask mathman to change the timer.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266907#msg1266907
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 07:03:18 pm »

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266911#msg1266911
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 12:19:35 am »
Congrats to the members of the 14th Elements Council!

CactusKing
CleanOnion
Linkcat
TribalTrouble
Zawadx
Zyardran
kaempfer13
mathman101

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: 14th Elements Council - Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64740.msg1266925#msg1266925
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 02:34:25 pm »
So, um, when can we get started? When is Council done with deciding generals? Am I right to assume that the two are connected (that you want to make sure we dont influence the decision anymore than a normal member could)?

anything
blarg: UTAlan,CactusKing,CleanOnion,Linkcat,TribalTrouble,Zawadx,Zyardran,kaempfer13,mathman101