*Author

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244187#msg1244187
« Reply #324 on: September 07, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »
Megalomaniacs pad, Round 5.

Green = Demagog
Orange = fabian771
Purple = ddevans96

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244189#msg1244189
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2016, 06:33:21 pm »
Most "Nothing" achievement...
Hunters' status: COMPLETE.

Also, by somewhere around Round 2-ish this matrix was at this current state for Hunters:

//

** pretty close but obviously the lack of knowing Wraiths was 4x spies hurts **
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244192#msg1244192
« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2016, 07:44:00 pm »
Well I was hoping to keep that secret so I could use that strategy in a future game... cat is out of the bag now lol...

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244203#msg1244203
« Reply #327 on: September 07, 2016, 09:07:10 pm »
Well I was hoping to keep that secret so I could use that strategy in a future game... cat is out of the bag now lol...

It's ok - you can borrow my matrix and stuff, Dema.
;D
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244265#msg1244265
« Reply #328 on: September 09, 2016, 12:27:47 am »
Poll results! Click the images to expand them.

Spoiler for Hidden:
A total of 13 people answered the poll, 10 of whom chose to leave a name or an alias.

Of these, 8 were players.

Everybody chose to take the whole survey :3

COMMUNICATION

The majority of voters thought the communication restrictions were reasonable. Two did not, one said "It made it more strategic" and one said they were not involved in it.

The majority of voters thought the communication methods were fine. Spectators said that they would have liked to be able to view the pads.

GAME LENGTH

Mixed responses here, but the slight majority agreed that the game was too short. A complaint was that "there was probably some cool stuff that didn't get to happen". One voter was uncertain whether or not War played a role in their perception of the game length.

The slight majority agreed the the Collapse mechanism was either not a very good thing or poorly-implemented. Custom responses were mostly along the lines of "I didn't care until you put up big red letters".

GAME BALANCE

CONVENIENCE
This section was about me trying to work out what players want in order to save 2 seconds of their lives

OP links - custom responses were that spectators hadn't noticed them, or that "they are nice and should be a staple for forum games... MAFIA INCLUDED! /rant-of-other-games"

Link to the docs in each round - custom responses were that the pollee didn't play, or in one case that they only used the links from the OP.

The map images - custom responses were that these were "Necessary", and someone apparently didn't notice there was a map. Fun.

The spreadsheet layout

PLAYERS

MVP - three votes apiece for Demagog and Aves; and 1 each for Silver Emerald, worldwideweb3, cribcreaky, and None Of The Above.

Although a few people gave answers to the "anonymous comments for the host to reveal" question, none of them answered it.

MISC COMMENTS

SEQUEL

Lots of custom responses. These were, in no particular order:
"Unsure"
"I would have had to play to know my answer to this"
"Maybe, but give it time and come up with a new plot twist since we'll be expecting you to use shenanigans like an empty faction again."
"Pls yes <3 "
"Yes, either the same format or different but using the same lore/universe"
"Yes, but potentially at a time where 'map' games aren't as frequent. Relic Sweeper, Pipeworks, the upcoming (?) Code Crash all seem to rely heavily on grids, so we should try to switch up potential games. No F&H or Witch's Game though."
"Yes - but no need to be "completely" different - just some different is OK. Completely different is fine too but didn't want to vote that option with the hardline phrasing. :-P"
Looks like there'll be a sequel at some point. What it's about is anyone's guess.
Or is it?

Archiving shortly - if you have something to say, post it quick or PM!

Offline Silver Emerald

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Silver Emerald is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss Brawlers
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244269#msg1244269
« Reply #329 on: September 09, 2016, 01:14:08 am »
First! Er...

Last! Um...

Good game! Yeah, let's stick with that one.
The point isn't that the glass is half full or half empty. The point is that it's refillable!

Pen, keyboard, typewriter...the tools of my trade for the construction of worlds.
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." - A.W.P.B.D.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Demagog soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244274#msg1244274
« Reply #330 on: September 09, 2016, 01:55:56 am »
Oh I didn't see a survey.

Offline Demagog

• Legendary Member
  • New to Elements
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244275#msg1244275
« Reply #331 on: September 09, 2016, 01:58:59 am »
Aww 3 of you thought I was MVP, thanks <3

Offline ValerianFlame

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ValerianFlame is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Your #1 source of Necrosis.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: The Pipeworks - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=62441.msg1244602#msg1244602
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2016, 01:37:39 am »
I'm a bit late, but I answered the survey. You can edit it to include my answers if you want. (For the MVP I said myself because I'm a narcissist >:D)
I always liked fire. It "warmed up" to me. :fire
Brawl #6: Pyrocloaks.
┴o dɹoʌǝ ʞnɹo ʍǝ ɐɹǝ ɐll pndlᴉɔɐʇǝs' I sɥɐll ʍɹᴉʇǝ ʇɥǝ sɐɯǝ ʇɥᴉuƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ɯnlʇᴉdlǝ ɐɔɔonuʇs˙ (Ɔodʎ dɐsʇǝ ʇɥᴉs ɯǝssɐƃǝ)
No longer active in blab. Contact me through Elements Discord.

blarg: