*Author

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265899#msg1265899
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2017, 12:54:55 am »
We don't have a spy in the Medics, Fippe was the last member we needed to account for.

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265901#msg1265901
« Reply #325 on: June 28, 2017, 01:51:43 am »

Round 18

Spoiler for Pipeworks at the end of Round 17:

Another bricky explosion starved a swathe of the great fire from its precious oxygen, but it wasn't enough - a part of it still rages onwards.

A series of clicks and clacks from terminal keyboards diverted all power to Ventilation, shutting down Lighting in the process, leaving the Pipeworkers stranded in darkness.

But for some, the darkness was much more bleak than others. For some, the darkness came swift and ravenous, as an internal dispute within the Lords created a state of anarchy. When the workers found out that they were being puppeteered entirely by a Spy from another faction, they rioted - to their own destruction.

The Spy, of course, was keen to salvage what they could.

The Ventilation, now active once again, began to eagerly suck away at the pollution, disposing of it safely and compressing it toward the Vents. But a contaminant was introduced - a sickly-sweet substance tinged with psychoactive ingredients.

A highly-illegal drug somehow made it was into the ventilation system and dispersed itself throughout the Pipeworks. The dosage was low, but the effect was immediate. A high, in the midst of which we are now, which will shortly be followed by a crash.

All members of the Pipeworks are currently under the effect of a Suspicious Drug, with ramifactions as follows:
  • The Drug causes a high, then a low.
  • This round, affected factions gain 3 additional actions to use whenever they please.
  • These actions should be inserted between other actions: for example, Action 3.5, action 6.5, or action 0.5.
  • Next round, affected factions will only be able to use 3 actions in total. The other 3 must become Pass. Factions may choose which actions these are.
  • "Affected factions" includes all faction which do not exempt themselves in this way.
  • If a faction has either a Gas Mask or a Surgical Mask, they may optionally exempt themselves from the effects of the Drug. This choice must be stated as Action 1 on this round, as "Use Gas Mask" or "Use Surgical Mask".
  • Consuming Narcotics or Energy Drinks while under the effects of the Drug is not recommended.
  • The Drug's effect will wear off at the end of the following round.
As the lights were off, an analysis of the fire was not possible.

Also, the Invaders have the Generator again.

Round 18 ends: Round 18 has ended.
To get the big fire sorted out (or win) you have 6 actions remaining.
6 actions = 1 round. You have 1 round remaining.

Please PM any queries to myself and Naii_the_Baf.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:32:06 am by CleanOnion »

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265902#msg1265902
« Reply #326 on: June 28, 2017, 02:17:59 am »
Do Narcotics, it probably gives you 30 actions that CO doesn't want you to know about.

On N24 you found a Pallet of Bricks.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265903#msg1265903
« Reply #327 on: June 28, 2017, 02:31:52 am »
looks like the medics have a very good chance of having a bomb and an rctc and can get the bricks from cultists. They should be able to put out the fire by doing the following:
Action 1, action 1.5, action 2: Expand to V10, V11, V12 (you do not appear to have gas masks after all so thats how far you can guarantee to get an )
Action 2.5: dispatch rctc  in V12 en route to W14
Action in between: craft bricklaying bomb
Action 5: detonate bricklaying bomb in W14 ( I asked CO, that's where the rctc is going to be)

Looks like the spy in lords wanted to see the faction gone or felt threatened by fippe. that makes invaders a problem in the future and we control no generator right now. I was counting on lords doing their part, finding a solution to win will be more difficult now.
Are you all alone now Ryli?
Not sure I mind the lights being put off, its nothing we agreed on though. looks like W14 will remain fair game though so the fire can be put out and thats pretty much all the lights were for.

Edit: actually you can use action 0.5 to get closer to the fire sooner, but it doesnt actually make a difference as the rctc cannot arrive sooner than action 5 and thats good enough. Just dont use action1 to disable the drug as you cannot do everything on time anymore if you use an action on that. Also whyd you lie about the gas mask? it makes me anxious.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 03:05:34 am by kaempfer13 »
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265904#msg1265904
« Reply #328 on: June 28, 2017, 03:11:37 am »
Sorry medics I have to make yet another request:
infections are rather high and ventilation runs out after next round. Could you feed medicine to the humidifier while its still most effective?

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265905#msg1265905
« Reply #329 on: June 28, 2017, 03:29:44 am »
There's one other guy, but he's barely active, and he won't interfere with anything on the occasion he is here.

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265906#msg1265906
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2017, 04:58:09 am »
Well I died only because I couldn't be online at deadline. Death by time zone.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265907#msg1265907
« Reply #331 on: June 28, 2017, 05:58:11 am »
Sorry medics I have to make yet another request:
infections are rather high and ventilation runs out after next round. Could you feed medicine to the humidifier while its still most effective?

Most effective I'm assuming is Action 1(or 0.5)? we will do our best to try and work our actions towards this, but can't guarantee it yet as we don't know what other actions we need to take and unsure if we will have the spare actions after those required to get the fire pout out.

looks like the medics have a very good chance of having a bomb and an rctc and can get the bricks from cultists. They should be able to put out the fire by doing the following:
Action 1, action 1.5, action 2: Expand to V10, V11, V12 (you do not appear to have gas masks after all so thats how far you can guarantee to get an )
Action 2.5: dispatch rctc  in V12 en route to W14
Action in between: craft bricklaying bomb
Action 5: detonate bricklaying bomb in W14 ( I asked CO, that's where the rctc is going to be)

Looks like the spy in lords wanted to see the faction gone or felt threatened by fippe. that makes invaders a problem in the future and we control no generator right now. I was counting on lords doing their part, finding a solution to win will be more difficult now.
Are you all alone now Ryli?
Not sure I mind the lights being put off, its nothing we agreed on though. looks like W14 will remain fair game though so the fire can be put out and thats pretty much all the lights were for.

Edit: actually you can use action 0.5 to get closer to the fire sooner, but it doesnt actually make a difference as the rctc cannot arrive sooner than action 5 and thats good enough. Just dont use action1 to disable the drug as you cannot do everything on time anymore if you use an action on that. Also whyd you lie about the gas mask? it makes me anxious.

Surprisingly no we did not get a bomb, but we did get an RCTC to use. is there a recipe for the bomb? or would there be a way to gain one?
Also, if needed I think we have all the items needed to craft another Generator should it be needed. That is assuming I have found the proper recipe(oil can+2 gears). Not sure if that would help us should we be able to live past the fire.

My apologies for the gas mask mistake, I was sure we had a gas mask  but now when I double checked I realized I was looking at a previous rounds item list.  I will try to be more attentive in the future when opening the item list spoiler images, sorry.
something....something....something.....

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265909#msg1265909
« Reply #332 on: June 28, 2017, 06:38:13 am »
We have to send you a bomb then, you will have it by action 3. Cultists please send medics your bricks.

Most effective= while ventilation is still on, dunno whether the action its been used on matters. Make sure you put out the fire and minimizing the amount of times medicine has to be used in the future will probably be worth in the long run when it comes to actions you have to spend. I wouldnt know of anything of immediate importance to your faction, but well, I wouldn't know and of course I understand that you want to use some of your actions for yourself. The expands used to get close enough with rctc aren't wasted though.
Once those 2 things are done I dont think I will request more specific actions from you in particular in a while (depends on events of course), the food shortage can probably be taken care of by someone else.
We have the proper generator recipe and you should have too. You may want to doublecheck.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:10:54 am by kaempfer13 »

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265937#msg1265937
« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2017, 06:36:09 pm »
I won't be able to update Pipeworks for the conclusion of Round 19 on Saturday. To compensate for this I'll need to offset the game by a day, so that I can update on either Friday or Sunday instead.

I've added a poll to the thread. Please vote on what you think would be best!

Update times for any rounds after 19 (including round 19, if it is extended) are likely to be reduced by 2 hours (22:00 GMT). Apologies for the inconsistency.

The poll will end at the conclusion of round 18 (the current round); if the vote is to extend round 18, the poll will still end at that time.

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265938#msg1265938
« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2017, 06:46:04 pm »
I can't vote for 2 options, but I am fine with either of the first two options (expanding R18 or R19 by 1 day).

Also fine with option 4 or 5 I guess, all I ask that you don't shorten the round by a day as 24hrs in a round seems not enough time.

something....something....something.....

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1265939#msg1265939
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2017, 07:44:29 pm »
if next round is 'everyone has 3 actions and nothing groundbreaking happened' I am fine with a day shorter round, but for anything that requires communication at least 2 days are needed.
Are we clear that medics put the fire out (would be awkward to die now)? We provide the bomb before action 3, hopefully cultists will deliver bricks until then too.

blarg: