*Author

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264792#msg1264792
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 03:37:15 am »

Offline cribcreaky

• Reputation Power: 1
  • cribcreaky is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264801#msg1264801
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2017, 01:51:58 pm »
OK well clearly we need to get to the generator quickly so that we can start producing food right, it looks to me like there's a few factions trying to get there and I think they need to sort out who gets what. In the previous games it helped a lot that we were friendly and distributed the central rooms quite evenly among all the factions. As for the green thing, I think if it's just slime or something then maybe it's not too big a deal, but I'm more worried that it'll be an actual NPC faction that expands and tries to disrupt things, in which case I guess it would make sense for Cultists and Brewers to team up to take them down?

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264802#msg1264802
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2017, 02:47:44 pm »
It doesnt look like an accident to me that from all sides there is no visible path leading to the generator, so expect to require a few items to break through.
I am going to admit that i am a scientist and we want it (it seemed approprieate as we are the most technologically versed team and now we used a lot of expansions already and are still the closest). Despite the illumination not bringing us any closer to it at all (really CO? 2 dead ends exactly there) we are still tied for smallest distance to the generator and will ram to a tile that has two possible paths that could lead to the generator, while everyone else has only 1 path as close to it. We do have enough items to brute force our way through all 3 walls if necessary.
I thus guarantee food within 4 rounds, no need for desperate measures.
With 4 teams in control of the consoles we ofc need to carefully coordinate the activation of hydroponics as the second activation turns it off again (and nobody activate sth else, we cant tell how quickly the generator heats and cools and theres not that much fuel anyway). While there is the benefit of the ally bonus, the other teams probably shouldnt waste too many resources trying to get there. Besides Brewers are probably going to be busy anyway with the NPC faction south of them.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline cribcreaky

• Young Elemental
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264826#msg1264826
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 12:34:01 am »
So it looks to me like the Cultists and the Brewers are going to have to team up to take down green, even more important since they control a terminal. I think between the two of those factions green should be no match

Offline CleanOnionTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264827#msg1264827
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 12:58:13 am »

Round 5

Spoiler for Pipeworks at the end of Round 5:

Medics crumbled O10's southern wall!
Cultists demolished Q21's northern wall!
Scientists smashed down J13's eastern wall!
The Brewers tried, too!

As the walls guarding the Energy Sector are taken down, a foul stench permeates through the Pipeworks.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that, if you have a single oil-powered generator powering a community, you don't seal off that generator with concrete. Yet whoever was responsible had a very good reason.

The floors near the generator and the areas surrounding it are decorated by bodies in various states of decay. Their faces are pale and their bloodshot eyes are full of pain - pain that came not from death, but from within. The kind of pain from which dying is a relief.

These people were sick, sicker than anyone you've ever seen - and whatever disease caused them to die is still active. Even through you've only taken a few breaths of the stale air, you know you're infected.

It would be so easy to just block up the paths the you've carved with concrete bricks, but you need the generator to produce food.

Infections have increased by 20% and will continue to skyrocket until either the bodies are burned or the disease is treated.

Posters have been plastered over the Pipeworks walls near the faction hubs.

Last night, the Medics found a poor, defenceless little girl fearing for her life. The Medics - careful, harmless professionals that they are - killed her and took everything she owned. A child.
This is an outrage. Unacceptable. The Medics cannot be allowed to exhibit their tyranny over the Pipeworks any longer.
Factions, we have had our differences, but it is time to unite against these monsters. If by tomorrow there are any factions still allied to the Medics, then I encourage their workers to rise in revolution against their leaders!
People die every day, but little girls with no crimes on their head deserve to live.

Justice always finds a way.

- The Activists

Weather report:
Spoiler for Weather:

Round 5 ends: Round 5 has ended.

Please PM any queries to myself and Naii_the_Baf.

EDIT: Added a new action, Defend, used to defend a piece of territory from a faction that's attacking it with a higher influence than you. In this respect it's like a higher-priority Expand, except you don't get more territory from it. I have no clue why you'd ever use it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:01:22 am by CleanOnion »

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264850#msg1264850
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2017, 02:14:47 pm »
Ok everyone, this is going to be a mouthfull, way too much happened this round and we are going to need perfect coordination to get out of this alive or all of us are going to die (yes you too).

I got a lot of hints from CO yesterday/today (while usually he will refuse to do anything more then explain game mechanics, he sometimes does give a few tipps as to what may or may not work) and at the current rate of infection we have but 2 rounds left to figure it all out.

[03:07:10] CleanOnion [»] kaempfer13: What if there was a way to give medicine to all tiles at the same time?
[03:09:36] CleanOnion [»] kaempfer13: not what I was thinking of, but "Use Medicine" is the worst way to use medicine. kudos for creativity  (regarding crafting a medicine bomb)
[03:08:25] CleanOnion [»] kaempfer13: What if there was a method built into the game for distributing gaseous substances over a large area?
[03:55:55] CleanOnion [»] kaempfer13: Hmm, interesting theory. How will you make the medicine into a gas?
[03:56:12] CleanOnion [»] kaempfer13: Maybe you'd have to use some sort of special machine
[03:56:23] CleanOnion [»] kaempfer13: Maybe one of the factions already knows how to make one....

Furthermore he told me that the nameless peons working for us (after all we are only the leaders of much larger factions) may protest because of the girl incident. It would be good to find out what really happened there, at times like this we cant afford for Medics to come under attack.

What I derive from COs words: 1. some faction has a way to craft gaseous medicine (or a machine that may allow us to craft that medicine) or will have it soon. Medics make thematic sense and have access to terminals, so they are the most likely candidate for this, but the other factions should also look what they found out. (if noone has it yet its very likely to be found in the N10 terminal, our terminal also told us about a danger that was very close to its destination, so its very likely to be the same here)
2. It should be possible to distribute that medicine through the ventilation somehow.

We will be able to power the generator by action 4 so from then on ventilation can be activated by us or the brewers (activating it without medicine is still going to help the infected area, but may well affect all other areas instead, so carefull). It makes no sense to use hydroponics any other time than the first action of a round (unless we starve that same round otherwise) so wait for that until next round. No other process seems usefull to me now and we paid a way too high prize for what little energy we are going to get. I dont think ext. comm is going to save us on time and everything else doesnt deal with the problem at all and costs too much.

Please tell me everything you know about this, if we dont figure this out we are going to drop like flies!

Offline cribcreaky

• Young Elemental
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264853#msg1264853
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2017, 02:51:53 pm »
I agree with kaempfer about this, we need to all team up. I don't know what the truth is about all the Medic stuff, but if what the poster says actually happens and all our nameless peons rise up in revolt it may just be safer to unally Medics, we don't have to actually attack them or harm them in any way, just remove the ally status.

It looks like Scientists are the closest to getting the generator so lets just let them do that, power by action 4 is definitely a good thing. As regards activating ventilation I think it is better if the scientists do it, it looks to me like Brewers are going to have to deal with the Activists (at least that's who I'm assuming the dark green people are). I feel like Cultists and Brewers need to organise together the best way to take down the Activists, there's no point not communicating and then both attacking the same tiles and destroying each other's territory.

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264854#msg1264854
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2017, 02:51:58 pm »
I'm a cultist spying on the brewers.

The Brewers have a humidifier blueprint. It turns liquids (i. e medicine) into gas and distributes it. They also have the parts to craft it.

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264855#msg1264855
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2017, 02:53:05 pm »
The cultists are interested in allying with the brewers, but I'm not sure if the brewers feel the same way.

Offline cribcreaky

• Young Elemental
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264873#msg1264873
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2017, 06:12:19 pm »
I've noticed it says above from CO that blocking up the opened paths might help curb the spread of infection. If scientists and medics both blocked up their entrances after grabbing a room inside the area they could keep exploring the cordoned off area while (hopefully) the infection stops spreading. It would be nice to have some confirmation from CO that this would actually stop infection spreading first though.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264892#msg1264892
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2017, 02:14:22 pm »
10 hours remain, it would be nice to hear if brewers are going to build and use the humidifier on medicine (i highly recommend it). Feel free to make ryli your spokesperson if you dont want to reval any members. Maybe one of the uninvolved teams (lords or medics) should send them medicine to make it easier. 5 of our actions go into activating the ventilation and it seems like the best 6th action is to unally the medics to appease the workers. Nothing personal.
Also it would be nice to hear from the medics. Due to the stupid event you will probably not have allies next round (at least officially we dont actually mean to harm you) and be in control of the consoles. If you cant say anything about the incident (and even if you can), it would be nice if you could use your first action next round (not this one the one after) to activate hydroponics in order to maximise food production.

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
Re: Pipeworks II - by CleanOnion https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64551.msg1264894#msg1264894
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2017, 04:05:17 pm »
Where would be the best place to build the humidifier?

blarg: