*Author

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Mafia Sign-Up List and Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63751.msg1293042#msg1293042
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2019, 07:12:07 am »
Maxwells Demon: i mostly thought about the aspect of finding mafia rather than confirming town. Maybe make it 2u but refunded if it fails, getting no results counting as failure. Makes it kinda bad as Mafia role though. You select whose secondary role you will see upon success (must be from the list).

Nymph queen cannot give council member, nymph queen or firefly. But it can give any other role as of now.

Pms are exclusive to council and mafia members and only amongst their kin. I'm still somewhat afraid that making roles similiar in power leads to mass claiming, but I think there is just enough of a difference for it to not seem smart. This game relies heavily on PoE so exposing your confirmable town should not be a good idea.

A quarter is the Norm? I just compared it to the mafias ive been in.

Im not that confident in my ability to host right now, sorry. Got exams until 27.08. , also not good with lore
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Mafia Sign-Up List and Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63751.msg1293045#msg1293045
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2019, 09:04:40 am »
Irl is not allowing me to put much time into mafia right now. If anyone is willing to host a game with the standard ruleset from 71, I will give you the go-ahead. Any other options must be discussed with me first.

Kaempfer, your ruleset has far too many confirmed town and ways to confirm alignment. Those should be kept to a minimum.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Mafia Sign-Up List and Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63751.msg1293046#msg1293046
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2019, 09:18:42 am »
Well, thats kinda the point. I want people to actually do sth with their role that actually helps and therefor i removed the ever present coprole (lamest way to confirm alignement). If it's to townsided we have to rebalance ofc, but I think giving everyone an actually good role will be fun.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Mafia Sign-Up List and Voting https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63751.msg1293089#msg1293089
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2019, 03:15:36 pm »
I've been thinking further about maxwells demon; unfortunately there is no way to balance it such that a success isnt extremely swingy that I would see.
Even though Linkcat seems to dislike my ruleset for that very reason, I still like that (almost) all my roles have applications that help getting alignement indicative info, but none of them really do that much on their own (except for the confirmable towncore I suppose, but thats necessary to discourage massclaims).
As such I suggest the following (buffed for villagers) version of warden: ER: target a player. All abilities they use and the highest priority (this change is important because otherwise if town has 2 wardens they just autowin with a massclaim) ability that targeted them fail this night. Learn the used secondary and primary role (but not their name) of who else you blocked, if applicable.
This would replace maxwells demon.

If I were to keep maxwells demon I would probably change it to the following: EoR: Target 3 players (other than yourself). If exactly one of them is a mafiamember learn all of their secondary roles. (So this makes it harder to confirm a large towncore, eor weakens it, it retains its usefullness to mafia, but it also makes it fairly easy to catch mafia with it)

I really liked the idea of a coplikerole that would work differently in the hands of mafia, but it might just prove too powerfull.

anything
blarg: