*Author

Offline eaglgenes101Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1197212#msg1197212
« on: July 17, 2015, 06:42:31 pm »
TAG

Rules

====

Object

The object of this game is to avoid being tagged, and if tagged, tag someone else as soon as possible to remain in the game. The game is designed to encourage alliances, long or short, between people.

----

Round 0: Signups

Players sign up by posting in this topic below and saying which symbol you want to use (Smileys are allowed, but the underworld and rainbow symbols are reserved for game use, sorry if you wanted either of them!). This game has no upper limit of players, but it must have at least 3 players. At least 7 players are recommended.

Signups over. Check my latest post for details.

----

Round 1: Who's it?

Each player starts with 35 points. These points serve as your life meter. Each player is also assigned a minimum bid, going from 1 to the number of players to the game. Each person is assigned a minimum bid randomly.
To decide who is it, each player submits a bid within 4 days, submitting their minimum bid or higher (integers only, please). The bids are used to place players into an "itness" queue, with lower bidders in front. If multiple people have the same bid, the one with the lower minimum is ahead of the other.
Try to plan well, as hasty bids could knock you right out of the game before it even begins! This is also the time to start planning your alliances.

----

Round 2: Let's place people.

The map is a 5*5 grid for up to 10 players, 6*6 for up to 15 players, or even larger for more people.

I will place people randomly in the grid and show it, along with the coordinates of every player.

----

Round 3: Moving around and collisions

Each round lasts for 2 days. In each round, submit a PM to me saying which of 10 directions (north, south, east, west, northwest, northeast, southwest, southeast, nothing, or teleport) you want to move per move that you get, and whether you want to stomp or stride (can't pick and choose which kind you want for each). At the end of each round, I will show which way you moved and the map and game state as a result. If you don't send a PM, I will assume you don't want to move, and you'll become easy pickings for others.

The compass directions move you in their respective directions. Doing nothing keep you in place. Teleporting puts you in a random position on the grid, but can only be done right after a person is tagged or you used teleportation last round. It also costs 5 points to teleport.

Striding recovers 1 points for you if you don't run into anyone. Two striders or two stompers that run into each other take 3 points. If a strider runs into a stomper, the strider loses 6 points, while the stomper gains 2 points, and the stomper's move takes precedence over the strider's move.

If you have multiple moves and can't move to your desired spot for one of them, the rest of your submitted moves are cancelled.

At any time, you may upgrade your move power for 5 points. Once you buy it, you may move an additional move for all subsequent rounds.

Collisions happen if
  • You try to trade places with another person
  • You try to go to the same space as another person
  • You try to go on a diagonal path crossing another person's
Collisions are resolved in this order:
  • The first kind
  • The second kind and all collision chains resulting from them
  • The third kind and all collision chains resulting from them
If there are still unresolved collisions, the second two are looped until all collisions are resolved.
If a person is counted in a collision, that same person is considered still for later collision resolutions.
If three people run into the same space at the same time, all of them are counted as having collided into each other. This applies for more people at once. Collisions of the same precedence are considered as happening simultaneously.

----

Round 4: You're it, now what?

When you are it, your points are reduced by 4 each turn you are it. Tagging someone else is top priority when you are it!
While you are it, you can tag someone by colliding into someone while stomping. If this action is successful, the person becomes it, and you are freed of "it-ness". Now you've got to run from this newly it person!
It's expensive to get the resources to move faster, so you're going to have to work with or betray others to win.

When someone is tagged, they are put in the back of the "itness" queue.

Friendly tags are allowed, and can help you and your allies if used wisely.

----

Round 5: Elimination and scoring

When a person runs out of points, they are out of the game. The game goes on until there is one person left.
To transfer it-ness after elimination, the person first in the itness queue is made it and is moved to the back of the queue.

For master of games, first place gets 3 points, second and third place gets 2 points, and 4th to 6th place gets 1 point. Good luck to everyone!

==========
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:44:41 pm by eaglgenes101 »
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

• eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198538#msg1198538
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 05:04:44 pm »
Signups are wide open!

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198539#msg1198539
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »
Yeah I'll in this
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198540#msg1198540
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 05:37:19 pm »
why would anyone bid higher then their minimum bid
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198542#msg1198542
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 05:39:53 pm »
why would anyone bid higher then their minimum bid
People with lower minimum bids are at higher risk at being it. They can counter this by bidding higher.

Yeah I'll in this
Please choose a symbol.

Offline CrockettRocket

• CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198543#msg1198543
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 06:09:09 pm »
 :light
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198572#msg1198572
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 05:07:45 am »
I'll give this another go.

:death again please
something....something....something.....

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198573#msg1198573
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 05:15:14 am »
:air
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198678#msg1198678
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 05:45:38 pm »
We have the minimum 3 players needed, so the signup timer has started!

Offline kirbylover314

• Reputation Power: 17
  • kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kirbylover314 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • They see me rollin', they hatin'
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2016 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198682#msg1198682
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 05:59:38 pm »
 :electrum

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198733#msg1198733
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 11:22:40 pm »
 :earth
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline CrockettRocket

Re: Elements - Tag (2)! ~ by eaglgenes101 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=59007.msg1198749#msg1198749
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 12:50:31 am »
We have the minimum 3 players needed, so the signup timer has started!
Can the timer be visible to us please

blarg: