6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: April 17, 2022, 07:50:06 pm

*Author

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307515#msg1307515
« Reply #444 on: April 10, 2022, 01:45:05 am »
btw, this joke got MW to put together a format that's pretty much ready to go, so hopefully MW posts sign ups for that by next week & end of April / start of May you'll have a game without a bastard mod

Wish and you will receive.

No promises I won't be bastard mod.

So I had root right all along. Y'all should've listened to me smh....
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307516#msg1307516
« Reply #445 on: April 10, 2022, 01:53:19 am »
Kaempfer, what were your thoughts in the final moments?
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307517#msg1307517
« Reply #446 on: April 10, 2022, 02:12:47 am »
Mostly that you were putting in too much effort for a leader that previously threw, so you pretty much had to be genuinely solving. I would probably still have voted Oa over Root with more time, simply because of the shock recruitment. Ofc i never rescinded my vote on bastard mod either, for good reason.
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307518#msg1307518
« Reply #447 on: April 10, 2022, 03:55:43 am »
I think this may be the first time we've both actually townread each other in a game. I love when my biggest scumread becomes my biggest townread, reminds me of me and rob in 73.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307519#msg1307519
« Reply #448 on: April 10, 2022, 03:56:59 am »
Oh yeah, I forgot something very important. I may have shitposted the whole first half of the game, but for the second day in a row I was truly

U N L Y N C H A B L E

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307520#msg1307520
« Reply #449 on: April 10, 2022, 06:59:20 am »
As soon as I got my role, all the time that I normally would've spent devising the optimal civilian strategy was instead spent devising these sick bars. Haven't done one of these in about 5 years so here we go.

I'm ending Big-Endian depravity
Time to Pulverize, I got my 3 :gravity
Sippin on a Rage Potion,
Ima set the game in motion
You weak like an Ash Eater in the ocean

Who here cracks an egg from the wrong end side?
Don't got thick Stone Skin, can't let it slide
If you ain't on my team, I get mean, like a Steam Machine
Night phase we gon find out who lied

I'm a cult leader, you an Otyugh feeder
I'm a Phase Dragon, you just getting bandwagoned
I'm out bussin scum, your trio decks are dumb,
Lylo time, you stickin out like a sore thumb

The Arctic Squid froze and you ain't getting thawed
There's Neptune and Ferox but I'm the real God
Yeah, so let there be :light like a Firefly
I'm a true Little-Endian til I die
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307521#msg1307521
« Reply #450 on: April 10, 2022, 12:36:12 pm »
There's the :fire you wanted shock
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline serprexTopic starter

• Administrator
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307522#msg1307522
« Reply #451 on: April 10, 2022, 01:53:44 pm »
So while everyone was confused as to how Root would make his series of recruits, I think I figured out one way he was going to prove his cult leader status at end: his picks were in alphabetical order, starting at himself, & wrapping from Z to A

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307523#msg1307523
« Reply #452 on: April 10, 2022, 04:19:42 pm »
So while everyone was confused as to how Root would make his series of recruits, I think I figured out one way he was going to prove his cult leader status at end: his picks were in alphabetical order, starting at himself, & wrapping from Z to A

He was also crumbling his picks with his claims
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 78 by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307524#msg1307524
« Reply #453 on: April 10, 2022, 06:18:12 pm »
That makes so much more sense than what I was doing lol. I grabbed shock and w3 as they were current/former Fire masters. Subsequent picks were intended to be cultists on the Big team, such that we would sweep through the game with a team of Fire. Was a bit surprised when andre didn't die after I targeted him. Although if I'd known that shock wouldn't actually vote alongside his cult leader, I may have done things differently.

Was indeed intentional that my claims were shock/andre.

Overall I found the format super interesting and loved the theme as well. One of my gripes with a lot of other formats, even including ones I've written myself, is that the cop gets all the actual info, while the rest of the players have little more than reads. What I loved about this format is that every player gets tangible information from their role but cannot simply investigate the leaders directly. Yet, you can still find who the leaders are based on your investigation results, since the leaders will struggle to generate claims which are guaranteed to be true. At best, they can recruit someone and claim that their recruit is a civ (as I did with andre), but they cannot reliably determine that someone is a cultist. In other words, there's hard information in this game just like there would be in a format with a cop, but the hard information is dispersed across all of the civs rather than just one.

I'd definitely be interested in a spin on this format involving the same concepts. The two leaders would be replaced with scum on the same team who don't know each other, and each scum can shoot 1 target per night. The first shot would wound, and the second shot would kill, and the civs of course can target someone to learn if they're wounded. Could maybe require that scum cannot target the same person twice until everyone has been targeted at least once. Would leverage the same information mechanics that I really liked.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
Re: Elements Mafia 78 - by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307528#msg1307528
« Reply #454 on: April 10, 2022, 08:01:36 pm »
New mafia thread is up, best player poll is also up. If you want to participate in the MafiaCast, let me know what times work for you.

Offline serprexTopic starter

• Administrator
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Elements Mafia 78 - by serprex https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=68264.msg1307530#msg1307530
« Reply #455 on: April 10, 2022, 11:03:14 pm »
Excuse me? I don't get a place in poll for duping you into thinking there weren't any cult leaders?

blarg: