Poll

Please check all hours that would work for you as the deadline for each phase.

0 GMT
8 (5.7%)
1 GMT
7 (5%)
2 GMT
7 (5%)
3 GMT
7 (5%)
4 GMT
7 (5%)
5 GMT
4 (2.8%)
6 GMT
4 (2.8%)
7 GMT
4 (2.8%)
8 GMT
4 (2.8%)
9 GMT
5 (3.5%)
10 GMT
5 (3.5%)
11 GMT
4 (2.8%)
12 GMT
3 (2.1%)
13 GMT
2 (1.4%)
14 GMT
3 (2.1%)
15 GMT
4 (2.8%)
16 GMT
3 (2.1%)
17 GMT
5 (3.5%)
18 GMT
9 (6.4%)
19 GMT
9 (6.4%)
20 GMT
11 (7.8%)
21 GMT
9 (6.4%)
22 GMT
9 (6.4%)
23 GMT
8 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:29:25 pm

Poll

What kind of setup do you want to see next?

Run the standard setup with minor adjustments.
7 (26.9%)
Run a closed setup designed by Linkcat.
8 (30.8%)
Run a game with all Fate Eggs.
7 (26.9%)
Run an even sillier game just to mess around.
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:47:45 pm

Poll

What to do about Who's Online?

Allow free use of it.
9 (52.9%)
Ban use of it during the last couple hours of each phase.
3 (17.6%)
Ban use of it completely.
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 11:26:23 pm

Poll

Who played the best mafia?

Linkcat
1 (2.5%)
TheonlyrealBeef
16 (40%)
shockcannon
0 (0%)
PlayerOa
1 (2.5%)
iancudorinmarian
0 (0%)
worldwideweb3
1 (2.5%)
MasterWalks
0 (0%)
andretimpa
0 (0%)
dawn_to_dusk
0 (0%)
kaempfer13
6 (15%)
Submachine
0 (0%)
killsdazombies
0 (0%)
Coffeeditto
7 (17.5%)
rob77dp
3 (7.5%)
DoubleCapitals
1 (2.5%)
Calindu
0 (0%)
Naii_the_Baf
0 (0%)
moehrpi13
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:51:45 pm

*Author

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301748#msg1301748
« Reply #1932 on: August 02, 2020, 11:49:15 pm »
Forgot a poll.

Who's Online hasn't exactly come up as an issue yet, but it should still be discussed. Lurking Who's Online allows you to see when people are viewing the thread, when they are posting in the thread, and when they are sending or reading messages. This can be used as a way to read players based on things that occur outside of the thread itself. While it is fun and I have used it a lot, it has potential for abuse, especially to see if someone is sending an ability use or viewing a result from a PM right before or after deadline. I'm in favor of banning it but I'll put it up to a vote.

If anyone has an interest in hosting mafia, whether it be the standard setup, a new setup, an old setup, one of Sky's supposedly unlimited setups, or anything else, feel free to reach out to me and we can discuss it from there. Any potential setup must go through a balance check and be given my seal of approval, but I am generally open to most ideas. I think most people already understand this, but I guess it's not clearly stated anywhere. Below is a discussion from the DeadPad that led to this post and goes over possible hosts for the setups in the current poll.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Linkcat:15:48 Anyone have suggestions for more polls?

Sky:15:49 Why does your "next setup" poll suck

Sky:15:50 Look at this fascist, banning consecutive role madness games

Oa:15:50 "The standard setup" meaning the EtG themed mafia?

DC:15:52 I'd like to know the theme of the setup link

DC:15:52 if that is possible

Linkcat:15:53 There' no other role madness setup ready, Sky.

Linkcat:15:53 Standard setup is the elements themed one.

Linkcat:15:53 Theme for my setup is Dresden Files

Linkcat:15:54 If it's the standard one rob will probably host.

Sky:15:55 Link - of course there's another role madness setup ready, I have an infinite number of setups

Sky:15:55 Also, is your setup *not* role madness, Link?

Linkcat:15:55 It is

Linkcat:15:55 All the options are role madness

DC:15:56 wait it's all role madness?

Linkcat:15:56 I generally don't want people hosting twice in a row. I can put you in the poll for 76, Sky.

Sky:15:56 I wasn't volunteering. But I have setups.

Sky:15:59 By the way, Link, where is the host poll

Linkcat:16:02 The next setup poll is the host poll. Standard and all Fate Egg can be run by anyone, the silly game would be me.

DC:16:03 if it's in 1 week

Sky:16:03 What about the closed setup designed by Linkcat? Can I host that one?

DC:16:03 i think ill have to pass for my sanity no matter what

Linkcat:16:03 No

Sky:16:03 Fascist

Oa:16:05 well, polls for 1 week and signups for another makes it at least 14 days until next mafia

Sky:16:08 You should totally add an option for "A role madness setup designed by sky"

Sky:16:08 I bet someone will host it for me if I pay them enough

Sky:16:10 More seriously, you should probably include which setup can be hosted by which people.

Sky:16:11 I would never vote for a silly setup, but if I did want to, the fact that only Link can host would sway my vote to something else

Linkcat:16:12 I don't think the host is that important. If they're good then it shouldn't have any impact on the game.

Sky:16:12 I don't think the presidential candidate is that important. If they're good then they should perfectly represent the interests of their party

Sky:16:13 You're an idiot

Sky:16:13 I want to know precisely because a lot of hosts are not good

Sky:16:14 If everyone was good at hosting, then you would be right, but it is both naive and painfully inaccurate

Linkcat:16:14 That's not the same thing. A host is just someone who executes he rules as written. Ideally we would have an automated system. I wouldn't let someone host who I didn't trust to do a good job.

Sky:16:15 Your rules cannot possibly cover every situation that can arise, especially with the role madness setups that we tend to have

timpa:16:15 eats popcorn

Sky:16:15 Someone has to be the person to make judgement calls and clarify role interactions

Sky:16:15 That person is almost always the host

Linkcat:16:15 The reason I would want to host the silly setup is because Night actions would get pretty complicated, but there are a few others I would let run it.

www:16:17 oh i can make those calls

www:16:17 but someone else can host

Sky:16:17 At least put possible hosts in a post somewhere

Linkcat:16:17 Imagine w3 hosting.

Linkcat:16:17 Oh god

unnamed:16:17 LMAO

www:16:17 yh im not gonna host

www:16:17 but i am happy to make important calls

www:16:18 so you can have a nub host

Sky:16:18 You extending your arbitrary judgements over the entire community is probably why you're not a good FGO

www:16:18 this way, sky will join mafia even if youre a host

www:16:18 as the calls wont be made by you q.q

Sky:16:18 Let's try this from a different angle - what reason do you have for not listing which setups can be hosted by which people?

www:16:18 jk jk, idc who hosts or what the steup is

www:16:18 i just want mafia

Linkcat:16:18 I have not reached out to anyone about hosting the standard or fate egg setup yet.

Sky:16:19 Okay, so say that.

Sky:16:19 Needlessly concealing information is for mafia members.

www:16:19 tbh link would be happy for anyone to host if they want to

Linkcat:16:19 If I wanted to make arbitrary judgments I would just decide what's run by myself.

Sky:16:19 You already do that.

Linkcat:16:20 Okay, yes I'll block anything that I don't see as fit to run, but I let people choose from different options.

Sky:16:20 -People's Republic of China

Sky:16:21 Your polls exclude more setups than they actually contain

Linkcat:16:21 Nobody has actually reached out to me with a setup except for one person with a rough draft.

Linkcat:16:22 Anyone is free to volunteer with a new or old setup.

Sky:16:22 You should write that somewhere.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline skyironsword

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Yuri Incarnation
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301749#msg1301749
« Reply #1933 on: August 03, 2020, 12:25:01 am »
If anyone had roles they liked that they would like to see in future setups, please do comment on them. I'll try my best to include them.

For legal reasons, I do not actually believe Linkcat is a fascist. (His overwhelming desire to "make things fair" suggests that he might, instead, be a communist.)

• Master of Life
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301750#msg1301750
« Reply #1934 on: August 03, 2020, 01:34:58 am »

Would like to see Cecilia, Sin Mal, and Emma again, and any roles that didn't get shown off this game.

Spoiler for Funniest parts from mafiacord.:
Note the date.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 01:37:06 am by Linkcat »
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301751#msg1301751
« Reply #1935 on: August 03, 2020, 03:34:14 am »
Let me be clear... I was 90% in on it being kae by mid-day today... I missed all EOD and the closing posts until catching up just now --- and when I saw it end with Coffee getting lynched I thought to myself "awww nuts, lost two in a row now as town where the game went to f3". Then the lovely pink Honkai Core text in the post about Coffee's death!

8-)

Cool to be right on my final night alive in-game, and so wrong in deadpad! hehe

Also, good thing nobody saw me PM-ing because I tend to PM a lot about my role ... moreso as town even. I do it close-ish to deadlines some too. While sometimes seeing a /who ends up being a "right" lead I really think it is wrong just as often as it would be right, no? I have it open a lot near EOD's because I like to know who might be putting together posts etc. while I'm trying to keep up with rapid-posting rates at our EOD's.
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301754#msg1301754
« Reply #1936 on: August 03, 2020, 10:18:03 am »
I was very paranoid of deep wolfs, because after the previous game, I'm living in a world of WIFOM. So if things are exactly like they seem, it throws me off.

On the topic of who I think played the best in this game, I think Coffee (because he played really well and only got found by PoE) and TorB (even though he tunneled a lot in this game, but other than that, solid plays).
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline slabdrill

• Reputation Power: 1
  • slabdrill is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301772#msg1301772
« Reply #1937 on: August 04, 2020, 05:56:22 pm »
I figured I'd post this. The only new thing here would be everyone's preferred roles. (I was given access to this host sheet, and suggested minor things for the setup before it was initially sent for review.)

I got here by googling "skyironsword mafia".

Offline moehrpi

• Reputation Power: 9
  • moehrpi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not War
  • Awards: Last Tournament Before Flashpocalypse (2021.01.10.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner	- March 312018 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner April 14thWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301773#msg1301773
« Reply #1938 on: August 05, 2020, 01:45:58 pm »
Thanks for getting me NKed N0.

• Master of Life
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301904#msg1301904
« Reply #1939 on: August 13, 2020, 08:33:33 pm »
Alright, so here's the deal. The closed mafia by me won the vote, but the setup I'm working on has expanded in scope and grown more complicated than I first thought, and I need more time to develop and balance it. I don't want to host a game that I'm not sure will go well, so I'm postponing it to Mafia 76. That leaves us with two options tied at 7 votes. As you can see from the screenshot, I intentionally did not place a vote on any of the top options since I would participate regardless of which option won. The tie does have to be broken somehow, so I will place my vote on the Fate Egg setup, which will be hosted by rob. Signups will begin today.

As for Who's Online, it's split pretty evenly between those who want some sort of restriction and those who don't. Because it is a tool that can be used to gather information outside of the thread itself, and it's main function of seeing who is online can be done in the thread and on player profiles, Who's Online will be unrestricted during the more fun-oriented setups such as the Fate Egg mafia, but will be banned during more serious setups. Obviously this will be difficult to enforce, but I'll put my faith in the honor system.

The data in the timezone poll will not be used to force hosts to set the deadline within certain times, but it will be used as a helpful reference when making that decision.

And finally, congratulations to TheonlyrealBeef for winning the best player poll! You definitely deserve it for your performance this game.

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1301914#msg1301914
« Reply #1940 on: August 13, 2020, 11:41:32 pm »
Only one smart voter :sigh: on to next one we go!
First player to become master of 3 different elements.
WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
Avvy by rob77dp
Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

blarg: