Poll

Please check all hours that would work for you as the deadline for each phase.

0 GMT
8 (5.7%)
1 GMT
7 (5%)
2 GMT
7 (5%)
3 GMT
7 (5%)
4 GMT
7 (5%)
5 GMT
4 (2.8%)
6 GMT
4 (2.8%)
7 GMT
4 (2.8%)
8 GMT
4 (2.8%)
9 GMT
5 (3.5%)
10 GMT
5 (3.5%)
11 GMT
4 (2.8%)
12 GMT
3 (2.1%)
13 GMT
2 (1.4%)
14 GMT
3 (2.1%)
15 GMT
4 (2.8%)
16 GMT
3 (2.1%)
17 GMT
5 (3.5%)
18 GMT
9 (6.4%)
19 GMT
9 (6.4%)
20 GMT
11 (7.8%)
21 GMT
9 (6.4%)
22 GMT
9 (6.4%)
23 GMT
8 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:29:25 pm

Poll

What kind of setup do you want to see next?

Run the standard setup with minor adjustments.
7 (26.9%)
Run a closed setup designed by Linkcat.
8 (30.8%)
Run a game with all Fate Eggs.
7 (26.9%)
Run an even sillier game just to mess around.
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:47:45 pm

Poll

What to do about Who's Online?

Allow free use of it.
9 (52.9%)
Ban use of it during the last couple hours of each phase.
3 (17.6%)
Ban use of it completely.
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 11:26:23 pm

Poll

Who played the best mafia?

Linkcat
1 (2.5%)
TheonlyrealBeef
16 (40%)
shockcannon
0 (0%)
PlayerOa
1 (2.5%)
iancudorinmarian
0 (0%)
worldwideweb3
1 (2.5%)
MasterWalks
0 (0%)
andretimpa
0 (0%)
dawn_to_dusk
0 (0%)
kaempfer13
6 (15%)
Submachine
0 (0%)
killsdazombies
0 (0%)
Coffeeditto
7 (17.5%)
rob77dp
3 (7.5%)
DoubleCapitals
1 (2.5%)
Calindu
0 (0%)
Naii_the_Baf
0 (0%)
moehrpi13
4 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 09, 2020, 10:51:45 pm

*Author

Offline Coffeeditto

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • i no longer work at the pizza joint :/. in EST
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299941#msg1299941
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2020, 02:51:36 pm »
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be confirming these or not, but Cecilia went with TorB's plan. Just to confirm if Cecilia is found, that they did not actively go against what Town wanted/agreed upon, even though it would be rather stupid if they did at this stage (regarding targeting inactive users).

So regardless if Rita is mafia or not, the people who actively disagreed/targeted Kaempfer could be interesting to look at, and this becomes especially important if Rita is mafia.
The Cecilia part is important to note for who targeted who, but it sounds like it was aligned with how town asked, like you said. This could be important later. As far as the disagreeing with Kaempfer, the way he had repeatedly addressed his dissatisfaction with being targeted by her was kind of odd, but not out of character, and I could feasibly see a shock(rita) or town rita fun-using their ability just for the hell of it, even though it has many more potential negative outcomes than positive for town; we hadn't discussed such before the night ended, so someone who hadn't considered the possibilities could have just wasted it on a random town. We will need to see how rita or kaempfer flip.

By the way I am of the opinion that a Day 1 lynch has a 0% chance of hitting mafia without some extremely heavy misplays, but the information gained is likely worth the lynch
3/15 chance.

Spoiler for I am Rita:

1.) I am Rita.

It may be suspicious to say this, but if I were anyone else I would basically take this to mean that shock is a confirmed town. No. I'm crazy, but I'm not that stupid and I do appreciate winning. Targeting a random town, even if I know their potential role due to my mafia teammates is still a bad play as mafia because the town would obviously call me out as kaempf has done, causing attention to be brought to myself when players already want to lynch me before the game starts. Not to mention, I would probably have mafia teammates telling me not to use my role, especially on someone who it would work on, and someone (kaempf) who will likely be vocal about the effect. The thing is, you could easily hide in other roles or not claim until investigated or lynched. There would be no need for you to go on the defense about Rita abilities like as such.

Sure, I guess both kaempf and I could both be mafia. If you truly believe that though, it would be better to lynch kaempf first, because lynching me and flipping town doesn't clear kaempf as town. On the other hand, if we assume the only real scenario where I'm mafia as Rita is if kaempf is also mafia, then lynching kaempf first will either clear me, or convict me (yes there's a scenario where I'm town and kaempf is mafia, but in that case we still kill a mafia). Ideally, we avoid lynching either of you, but a kaempf lynch wouldn't be awful as we know he isn't Durandal. The issue arises if he is Theresa, but he would out that if so.

Now, if I was Rita, why would I use my role N0? I've thought a lot about this, whether or not I am actually Rita. In my opinion, using Rita N0 has way more upside than downside despite you all bandwagoning Torb's "logical" plan for each role:

- Because everyone thinks using Rita is so scummy, and since using Rita as mafia doesn't actually have too much upside without knowing everyone's role, using Rita N0 is about as town of a move as it gets, which can basically confirm someone as town if it is successful enough for the recipient to confirm its use (since you all are so keen on getting reads day 1) That's absolutely not true. That doesn't confirm someone in either direction, and it would be dumb in either direction to claim because you would get scumread either way. It would just show as a ballsy or dumb maf.

- The only real info roles Rita could be interfering negatively with are Theresa and Durandal. HOWEVER, there are 3 potential mafia Rita could interfere with, which is a positive outcome, especially if the mafia hit has core of death. AND THEN, we have to factor in the fact that Theresa and Durandal could be roles given to mafia. The way I see it, it's roughly 50/50, so no net gain or loss compared to not using the ability as Rita. You forgot about driving the doc save away from someone and confirming a kill with a maf-sided vig role or the core of death.

- I personally don't believe in N0 reads being any what accurate in determining whether someone is a cop or not. If someone has hinted so obviously that they are cop, then they're just helping mafia anyways. With that said, Rita interfering with Fu Hua has no net gain or loss, because Fu Hua is essentially guessing between all 18 players anyways, so having it protect Rita N0 is not any worse than who Fu Hua was originally protecting. If anything, Fu Hua protects the most useless role on N0 while still maintaining the same probability of protecting a town and leaving all 17 other players open to protection that next night once there is more info. Again, a mafia Rita can take the doc off of someone and confirm a vig kill.

- The rest of the roles being interfered with really aren't a big deal in my opinion. Honestly, probably a win to hit Yae Sakura, because Yae probably shouldn't be roleblocking anyways, since Yae actually stops roles from working and 3 of them, whereas Rita only redirects 1. Some roles, its annoying the individual players to get redirected to Rita, but honestly shouldn't make a difference in the outcome of the game compared to potentially hitting the previously mentioned roles. Valid.

So basically if I rolled Rita, then yes, I would definitely use it N0 because I actually see the upside beyond the superficial "downside" that everyone else sees. You all need to think outside the box more. If you're so set on SOLVING THE GAME THROUGH LOGIC, then we should all just role reveal now and lynch anyone who doesn't follow it, including me. It's 15 town and 3 mafia, and there are more than enough useful roles to figure out who's mafia or who is lying about their actions before we all get NKed. If you all want to role reveal and solve the game now, I'll happily follow along. If we're expected to follow Torb's "initial thoughts" on role usage, then I might deviate according to my own opinions. Spouting about how we're playing wrong and we should listen to you or we're dumb is not making you look like a useful player.

Spoiler for I am not Rita:

I have also thought a lot about this scenario, regardless of if I'm Rita or not. One potential scenario involves mafia Rita and probably another mafia role that either allows them to block the Rita target or give them knowledge of the Rita target to ensure Rita doesn't die (which is actually pretty unlikely to happen). In this case, the mafia Rita gets the benefit of blocking kaempf while also knowing that myself and MW are the most likely players to be blamed. The upside:

- MW or shock are forced to role claim, giving mafia more info
- MW or shock are lynched, allowing for an easy town lynch day 1, that probably doesn't give many reads and creates voting patterns that are VERY EASY for mafia to hide in. I don't think anyone is getting town or mafia cred for voting me.
- We waste all day talking about Rita, which is probably not helpful at all for town (unless you're willing to stop casting my opinions aside because of my character and realize that the things I'm writing in both these spoilers are actually quite insightful and go much deeper into the game than any of you are doing) Come on, guy.
- Forces kaempf to soft claim or narrow his role range, as well as potentially getting other players to make claims or hints towards their roles, narrowing the potential field for cops and info roles,

Downsides:

- Depending on which roles town got, could be very easy to confirm who the actual Rita is the next night, and if it's not shock or MW, then it might lead to an insta lynch of the real Rita (HOWEVER, if they have Cocolia, have certain info roles themselves, or can role block, then they might be willing to go forth with this planning anyways, knowing they can get away with it while reaping the upside mentioned above.)
- If they actually just random used Rita, they're probably even crazier than me, and upon that realization may have to quit elements for life. what
- Everyone considers it scummy to use Rita and why draw attention to yourself when you can just hide behind Torb's plan and Rob/Linkcat's talking and get slight town reads from everyone?More kills from maf means easier win?

Now let's explore the last scenario in which Rita is not me and is also town. In this case, they either came to the same realization I did, in which using Rita N0 can actually have some upside, or they're an idiot and are lying, and their name is MasterWalks. Who knows? I'm sure we'll find out soon enough though.
Thoughts inside spoilers

Making a couple more posts, should be 3 total
nice

Offline LinkcatTopic starter

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299942#msg1299942
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2020, 03:01:31 pm »
dawn to dusk (1) - killsdazombies
DoubleCapitals (3) - worldwideweb3, Calindu, Linkcat
kaempfer13 (1) - MasterWalks
No Lynch (1) - shockcannon
MasterWalks (5) - PlayerOa, DoubleCapitals, moehrpi, rob77dp, Naii_the_Baf
worldwideweb3 (3) - iancudorinmarian, TheonlyrealBeef, Submachine

I actually have no idea where to place my vote, but for this game at least, voting is a must.

Worst vote so far. Don't push someone further into the lead unless you're scumreading them.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299943#msg1299943
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2020, 03:08:48 pm »
MasterWalks
his ideas of how to use certain roles killed some brain cells, but this isnt ai for him. He's not exactly acting unusual so far, but cant say that i liked anything I saw so far either. n
andretimpa
I think he's posting much more than last time, even if much of it is quite short and rule questions. Maybe the tiniest townlean. n+
dawn to dusk
Welp lowest poster in the game, obviously i got pretty much nothing. His catchup post sounded earnest to me, but obv there is a serious lack of content. n
Submachine
Sub isnt even Sub this game. he seems to go for hyperagression and lowish effort and didnt scrutinize mechanics himself. I'm a little confused. Per default i assume that not fully explainable deviations from normal playstyle=scumlean so n-
killsdazombies
unusually defensive for someone who claimed to usually go for twtbaw-charm last game. not sure if he is adjusting to our playstyle (nai) or scum. n-
Coffeeditto
He's posting. v
:gravity War 10
:death and tied for master of STANDIN War 11
Master of :time War 12

Offline Coffeeditto

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Coffeeditto is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • i no longer work at the pizza joint :/. in EST
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299944#msg1299944
« Reply #399 on: July 10, 2020, 03:13:54 pm »
I think the weird flak Coffee got for trying to talk when they're usually afk is just silly. They died last game n0 for being afk, and now they try to be active only to get called out for it. Its a catch-22.
As for coffee i went as far back as 5 years to see if rob had any grounds for his argument and only found evidence of the opposite. gonna peck them as not w/w for now and slight sus for rob, as he might just be trying to lynch a lhf that isnt as lhf as he would normally be.
hey thanks guys :)

I would rather no lynch than vote someone purely because they havent posted as much. There will always be someone with the lowest posts
And those people, coupled with low substance, don't add to the town positively and we have somewhere around 5 mislynchs we can afford. I would rather cull the least helpful than allow them to keep using abilities if they're maf.

If lynching me gives you any information, then sure, go ahead. But once I flip civvy, remember how you killed one of the people that actually becomes useful in the lategame.
Not a solid defense unless it's some weird soft, and kind of scumread this line as a defense with nonchalance as a mask.

Do I need one?
Well I don't understand why I'm still getting hate

weird interaction
nice

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299945#msg1299945
« Reply #400 on: July 10, 2020, 03:17:56 pm »
Once ya'll are done killing MW today, can ya'll be a little nicer to them.

The dude already asked ya'll to stop
Spoiler for Hidden:

From what I understand MW misplayed with a blocking role a few games ago, thats cool. If theres real bitterness in your heart over that you gotta let it go. Don't take this as me defending MW btw, I have no insight into their alignment. But I can say I wouldn't really be all the eager to post if I were catching half the flak they are.

I'd just like to really remind everyone that all the players here are people, and that this is just a game. :) I understand that 95% of this game is just acting, and the things that are said don't really reflect what ya'll think but lets calm this down before it gets out of hand.

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299946#msg1299946
« Reply #401 on: July 10, 2020, 03:21:31 pm »
dawn to dusk (1) - killsdazombies
DoubleCapitals (3) - worldwideweb3, Calindu, Linkcat
kaempfer13 (1) - MasterWalks
No Lynch (1) - shockcannon
MasterWalks (5) - PlayerOa, DoubleCapitals, moehrpi, rob77dp, Naii_the_Baf
worldwideweb3 (3) - iancudorinmarian, TheonlyrealBeef, Submachine

I actually have no idea where to place my vote, but for this game at least, voting is a must.

Worst vote so far. Don't push someone further into the lead unless you're scumreading them.
There's still well over 5 hours left with plenty of people bound to be on around deadline, so creating a tie is not bad, yet. Analyzing wagons is far less useful if one wagon maintains a solid lead, watching one of the three wagons dissolve around EoD to form two wagons will be really interesting.

Once ya'll are done killing MW today, can ya'll be a little nicer to them.

The dude already asked ya'll to stop
Spoiler for Hidden:

From what I understand MW misplayed with a blocking role a few games ago, thats cool. If theres real bitterness in your heart over that you gotta let it go. Don't take this as me defending MW btw, I have no insight into their alignment. But I can say I wouldn't really be all the eager to post if I were catching half the flak they are.

I'd just like to really remind everyone that all the players here are people, and that this is just a game. :) I understand that 95% of this game is just acting, and the things that are said don't really reflect what ya'll think but lets calm this down before it gets out of hand.
ian isn't even on the MW wagon :P

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299947#msg1299947
« Reply #402 on: July 10, 2020, 03:22:39 pm »
Also, I believe at least several players get anxiety over the idea of late game-day antics, movement, and investigating-by-creating-vote-chocie-and-wagon-information activity... I was a common instigator of such last game and I thought it was useful and still think it is. I approve of it. I just won't be able to do it much if at all this day from a phone at EOD. Don't hate/love me for it. If others can do it for value/info then have at!

/PSA nobody asked for

The EoD antics just get tiring when they happen every time. I agree they can put some pep in peoples step, and it opens the door for the mafia to make misplays when they panic. It does however, open the door for town to make mistakes too. We play with fire when we do these EoD dances, and we saw we have a tendency to get burned. Just remember moderation rob, beyond that I look forward to spending every other day refreshing this page like crazy at eod :P

Also, Linkcat can you include a gif/sass in every comment please. I would appreciate it. Thanks <3

thank you :)

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299948#msg1299948
« Reply #403 on: July 10, 2020, 03:25:29 pm »
Sub- I should have been "on to you" last game when you made it abundantly clear you remembered scum!rob from years past mislynching town!Sub for one of your bad-town-Sub ideas/plans yet you displayed very very little apprehension about me being town or scum last game. Town or scum Sub makes sense to remember that horribly successful mislynch push on you I made that game but town!Sub would have been much more affected by it I think whereas you just kind of mentioned it and mostly let go of it rest of the game.
I tried, but then I discovered something that made me drop that point entirely. Would you believe me if I confused you with JCJ because of your avatar? ^^"

Side note, I did that twice last game. You are not alone in your pain.

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299949#msg1299949
« Reply #404 on: July 10, 2020, 03:29:43 pm »
MasterWalks
his ideas of how to use certain roles killed some brain cells, but this isnt ai for him. He's not exactly acting unusual so far, but cant say that i liked anything I saw so far either. n
andretimpa
I think he's posting much more than last time, even if much of it is quite short and rule questions. Maybe the tiniest townlean. n+
dawn to dusk
Welp lowest poster in the game, obviously i got pretty much nothing. His catchup post sounded earnest to me, but obv there is a serious lack of content. n
Submachine
Sub isnt even Sub this game. he seems to go for hyperagression and lowish effort and didnt scrutinize mechanics himself. I'm a little confused. Per default i assume that not fully explainable deviations from normal playstyle=scumlean so n-
killsdazombies
unusually defensive for someone who claimed to usually go for twtbaw-charm last game. not sure if he is adjusting to our playstyle (nai) or scum. n-
Coffeeditto
He's posting. v
this read list has a lot of nearly full-opposite angles than I hold, and stated in my own reads.

Kae-

MW: I find your take to be not inline with thread content, as I see it. Last game town!MW was a daily post of handfuls of posts/ideas... looks like around 20 posts per "day/night" most of which I recall being in the category of saying something about or to or on the game in some way. Here he has 6 posts one is signup and one is "yikes", not just post count but really I find his style and content of posting to be a little like his last time but on the whole your read of his 6 (really 4) posts so far seems ...... "off" to me. Almost like you wanted to say things about his play but didn't know what. Gives me a scummy little ping when I read it.

timpa: is this just a straight postcoutn town-lean fromyou? Again, can't quite put my finger on it but it has a feel similar to what I said above, has a feel of a manufactured read?

Sub: what do you think about his play so far looking a bit different than his pre-game cover about being less involved?

kdz: unusually defensive in 7 posts (most were pre-game I think) where he mostly seems to be just like last game where he mentions his lack of tiem for the game a lot and it aligns with his pre-game schedule mentions etc. Not sure how you get to the read you stated from what he's done so far?

Coffee: is this just a straight postcount village lean? What is leading you to tie coffee alignment to post count in this way?

--> kae - why are you forcing something on every player? I mean, doing it is fine I suppose but it really feels forced on your end so far and I don't understand why you might think you have to force on every player to have a read (that is, text that accompanies how you lean or do not lean them).
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
  • kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.kaempfer13 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: There Can Only Be One - 2020 WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeOEtG Rags to Riches WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2018 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThere Can Be Only One - 2018 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Draft #4 - PvP EventSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerDeckbuilding Competition: It's Greek to MeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299950#msg1299950
« Reply #405 on: July 10, 2020, 03:38:47 pm »
because i kinda hate voting without having a read on everyone; last time I ran out of time I think, this time there is just nothing there really.

didnt consider postcount for mw, just that like always I immediately regret reading anything he writes.

timpa- pretty much

sub, ill have another look at what he said pregame, but it seemed to me like he was just going to post less not switch up his playstyle entirely.

didnt pay attention to how many of those posts were pregame. I do agree that the content that is not "oh shit I need to post more or people will scumread me" is valid though, but I do want to know why so paranoid when he claims to normally actually deliberately look scummy.

coffee
I think his points are all valid too.

Offline killsdazombies

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299951#msg1299951
« Reply #406 on: July 10, 2020, 03:41:19 pm »
killsdazombies

I mentioned I tend to do this in in-person games. Its much harder for me to do so in text mafia. I tend to over examine my posts and tone, and it makes either my memey scummness appear overtly phony or just boring to read. I've written up posts and tried to go for it here and last game, but either I over think it, or it just doesn't contribute, so whats the point. You'll notice I didn't go out of my way to do it last game (I just sorta let myself sit near the spotlight for some time.) because I had a power role and therefor something to gain by being immune to the NK.

Offline kaempfer13

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements Mafia 74 - by skyironsword https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67869.msg1299952#msg1299952
« Reply #407 on: July 10, 2020, 03:42:01 pm »
ebwop: Unlike you stated there actually seems to be a link between postcount and alignement for coffee, which is opposite to what you said.

And as stated before coffee has a meta of 0 content, which is easy to continue as scum, yet he chose not to.

anything
blarg: